The Demon Inside( A RWBY Fanf...

By DragonGamerEx

Sometimes working alone is better then a team and are main character shows that off after being accepted to b... More

The Main Character
Heading To Beacon
My First Day
Initiation Part 1
Initiation Part 2
A Ghoul
A Day In Town
A Familiar Face
Beacon Dance
Awakened
The Fall Of Beacon
A Journeys End/Start

Vytal Tournament Part 1

442 6 1
By DragonGamerEx

My scroll started to ring waking me up in the worst way possible.

Damien: Who in their right mind would be calling me this early.

I picked up my scroll to see Weiss's name pop up.

Damien: That explains it...hello

Weiss: Wake up sleepy head the tournament is starting in 10 minutes.

Damien: I totally forgot about that.

Weiss: Of course you did.

Damien: What's that supposed mean.

Weiss: Just hurry up

Damien: I'm on my way.

I put on my outfit and grabbed the sheath and ran out the door, I changed into my panther form for a boost of speed.

-In Damien's thoughts-

Kaneki: Why are you in such a hurry for this girl.

Damien: I don't want to keep my ice queen waiting.

Kaneki: So the tournament is today.

Damien: Yea and I'm fighting in each round alone.

Kaneki: Why is that.

Damien: I want to show everyone back home that I'm not just a wielder of a cursed blade but someone with meaning.

Kaneki: I see from how it sounds it seems that they see you more as a threat then a anything else.

Damien: Anyways I wanted to ask what's the name of your power.

Kaneki: It's called a imagine it will protect when you need it most and you must learn to control it.

Damien: Good to know put right now I got some people to meet.

Kaneki: Very well we will speak later then.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I jumped out of my panther form and skidded past them so I moonwalked back.

Weiss: Took you along enough.

Damien: I wouldn't be late if someone was there to wake me up...if you know what I mean.

I can see Weiss turning as red as ruby's combat skirt as she calls it.

Yang: Let's get going we're up first.

Damien: You guy's better win.

Ruby: Of course we will.

Angel: Come on big brother let's find some front row seats.

Port: Hello! It seems that we have two astonishing team's ahead of us! Wouldn't you agree, Professor?

Oobleck: Doctor. And yes Peter, I think it's safe to say this match will be the highlight of the four on four matches

Port: Don't forget professor we have a special match ahead.

Oobleck: Docter. Ah yes the one on four match the first ever in history but we will talk about that when it happens.

Port: If this is your first time watching, allow us to break down the rules.

Oobleck: The tournament is divided into three distinctive rounds; teams, doubles, and singles. Age and school year are irrelevant! In this tournament, your only attribute being tested... is skill.

Port: Correct! The winners of this battle will elect two of their members to represent them in the doubles round, followed by the winners of that round choosing one member to advance once again. The remaining combatants will then fight their way through the final bracket in the hope of achieving victory for their kingdom!

Oobleck: And yes, Peter, these certainly are some spectacular spectacles on which to spectate on! I don't think anyone tuning in around the world is going to disagree with me on that!

Port: Ahh, and why would they? Now, let's get back to the match between Team RWBY of Beacon, and Team ABRN, of Haven

Damien: It's been awhile since I've see them fight.

Angel: Their really good.

Damien: Tell me about. Speaking of which how come your not participating in the tournament.

Angel: I didn't want to.

Damien: Why.

Angel: I only came here for you nothing else.

Damien: I see. Well you better be cheering for me.

Angel: So where's your team.

Damien: I don't have one.

Angel: Should've known, you were never one to work with people.

-meanwhile on the arena-
Third-person Pov

Reese steers her board through the ice. She twirls herself until the board gets launched at Blake, but she's able to knock it away, only for Reese to direct it back at her opponent. Blake blocks it again, but the board rotates back to its wielder just in time to defend Reese as Blake delivers several slashes and kicks. Reese deflects each attack and spins her weapon around until she can flips way and ride it again, rushing towards a smirking Blake. She collides with the frozen shadow clone, and Blake uses her opportunity to slice the board in two, only for the halves to become dual katars that in turn fold up into bayonet-bladed revolvers. Reese manages to fire off a few green rounds before her tailbone collides painfully on the cold ground. Blake winces with sympathy.

Meanwhile, Yang lands mere feet away from Arslan, who backs away before being pounded by a flurry of punches and kicks until she delivers her own hits, ending with the two smashing fists and creating a shockwave of force from the impact. Yang and Arslan are both thrown back, but Yang reaches her and tries delivering more blows before Arslan uses her rope dart to tangle up her blonde adversary and land a kick of her own to send Yang skidding on the ground. While Yang tries to get her balance back on the slippery surface Arslan rushes forward and knocks her back even further.

Nearby, Nadir Shiko tries aiming with his assault rifle at Yang before a sudden burst of frosty blue explodes behind him and leaves the whimpering gunner in a block of ice up to his thighs.

Ruby: Got your back!

Bolin: But who's got yours?

Ruby looks up behind her as Bolin twirls his staff, right when a black snowflake glyph appears to his left and Weiss kicks him through it into a rock.

Ruby: My BFF!

Weiss: No.

Ruby: Yes.

Bolin crouches with his weapon as he sees a white glyph appear in front of him. A second later, Weiss dashes by and slashes at him, then leaps up and attempts an aerial attack, which he's able to block. She readies her sword while preparing a glyph behind her, and Ruby uses it to launch herself straight up and come down spinning on Bolin, who manages to block the curved blade. Ruby grimaces and blasts herself away to Weiss' side, and Bolin rushes at them, rolling away from the shards of ice that rain on him and jumping over Ruby's swing as he continues running.

Ruby: Whaaat!?

Bolin manages to reach an orange crystal deposit and slice off a shard, which he throws to Reese over in the icy half of the stadium. With Dust in hand, Reese fuses it with her board, turning the aqua lights to a crimson shade. She winks at Blake, then uses the board's heat to free Nadir from his icy snare.

She comes back to Blake and slams her board into her enemy's blade, but propels herself backwards and knocks Blake through a frozen pillar. Reese attempts to use her board to slam her foe into the ground, but when she dodges that, she spins around in a flaming arc that Blake narrowly misses thanks to her shadows. Changing tactics, Blake launches the pistol part of Gambol Shroud at a nearby glacier and launches herself behind it, as Reese follows her and sees Blake with her back turned to her under an arch. Reese grins before riding in to deliver a flaming spiral at the shadow clone, only to see the ribbon Blake is launching to trap her opponent a moment too late. She pulls tightly and causes Reese to slam body-first into the string, only to use a final kick to knock her out of the stage. Reese crashes into the wall of the stands before landing on the ground, defeated.

Port: Ooh, a double whammy! Reese Chloris is eliminated by ringout and Aura level!

Oobleck: Oh, she really should've worn a helmet!

Damien: I hope that wasn't suppose to be a pun.

Back in the fight, Arslan uses her rope to swing around and avoid Yang right behind her, using shotgun blasts to propel herself forward. Nadir comes into the picture, aiming his rifle at Weiss as she summons another glyph and launches Bolin at him. The two teammates are helpless as Weiss creates a whirlwind from underneath them and slamming the two together until she forms a giant ice fist straight up from the ground to trap the two. It reforms itself into a ball that rolls around the field, and when Arslan sees her team in this state, she rolls her eyes, annoyed, before changing direction and sliding into the path of the ball. She readies her stance and drives her hand into the sphere, which cracks under her power and frees her allies.

Weiss: Yang! NOW!

Knowing what to do, Yang blasts herself forward and skims over the wall of ice, catching Blake's pistol as her teammate uses Ruby as a launch pad to jump off of towards the remaining members of ABRN. The three only have a second to look horrified as Blake whips a screaming Yang around to land a devastating punch that sends the trio flying into their elimination.

Yang: Yes!

Port: And that's the match! Team RWBY is victorious!

Weiss: We... did it?

Ruby: WE DID IT!

Damien: Come on let's go met up with them.

Angel: Right.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Damien's Pov

We met up with them outside with Team JNPR.

Damien: Congratulations you guys you killed it.

Weiss: If course we did what did you expect.

Damien: Don't go boosting your ego it's only the first round.

Ruby: Oh please we got this in the bag.

Yang: We should celebrate

Ruby: Yea and plus I'm really hungry

Yang: Come on! I know just the place.

Damien: So who's paying.

Ruby: I will.

Emerald: Hey! Might be hard to pay without this.

Ruby started to pat her pockets desperately trying to find her wallet

Ruby: No, no, no, no!

Emerald: You dropped your wallet.

Ruby: Oh! Thanks, Emerald! Oh. Guess I dropped it. Girl pockets are the worst

Yang: What's up, Em?

Emerald: Just left the stadium after your amazing fight! You guys were awesome!

Ruby: Oh, shut your stupid little face...

Blake: I heard your team progressed to the next round too.

Weiss: You know, I feel that we haven't seen your other teammates.

Yang: How'd they do in the fight?

Emerald: Really well.

Ruby: That's great. Uh. Why don't we all go and get a victory food together.

Emerald: Oh, gosh, that's so nice of you, but my teammates are all kind of...

Emerald looked back at mercury who was sniffing a shoe.

Emerald: ...introverted. Really socially awkward.

Yang: Ooh, yeah, I could see that.

Emerald: Oh yeah, looks like Merc and I are going to move on to the doubles round. What about you guys?

Ruby: Weiss and Yang will go to the doubles round

Emerald: (laughs) Well, if Mercury and I see you down the line, don't think we'll go easy on ya.

Yang: Wouldn't have it any other way.

Emerald: Alright, well we're going to catch some more fights.

Ruby: Have fun!

*At the Noodle stand*

Yang: I'll have a bowl of the regular, please.

Ruby: Oohhh... I'll take the same.

Weiss: Do you have anything with a low-salt ...?

Angel: I'll have what ruby and yang is having. How about you Damien.

Damien: I'll just get water.

Blake: Aren't you hungry.

Damien: No...not at all( The truth is I've had a hard time trying to eat, ever since my kagune became stronger eating regular food has been a hassle.)

Ozpin: Damien can you report to my office.

Damien: Oh boy what did I do now.

Angel: You better get going.

With that I left the others and made my way to ozpin's office.

Angel's Pov

Blake: I wanted to ask something about your brother.

Angel: What about?

Blake: The first time we met him he turned into a panther, how did he do that.

Angel: It's a curse passed down from every man in our family.

Ruby: So only the men in the family get the curse.

Angel: Yes but he's learned how to control it.

Blake: I see

Angel: You'll might get to see it at the tournament.

Damien's Pov
*A/N: When I write like this then it means he's talking in his head*

Damien: I wonder why Ozpin needs me.

Kaneki: I need to tell you something

Damien: What?

Kaneki: It's about your kagune.

Damien:...My Kagune.

Kaneki: Your Kagune is the power inside you that you must learn to use.

Damien: How do I use it.

Kaneki: I'll tell you in your fight.

Damien: Ah ok.

Port: Would Team JNPR please report to the battlegrounds immediately!

Oobleck: Yes! Like they were scheduled to, several minutes ago!

Damien: Looks like Team JNPR is up next, I hope you guys win.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 313 11
I like Rwby even though I hardly watched it. So I'm doing a story on it. Well multiple ones.
7.7K 75 17
What happens when a future huntsman (You) is accepted into Beacon for the soul purpose of doing good while he still can? And how would he be able to...
2.4K 48 17
A huntsman in training helps out a headmaster and gets invited to beacon where will this lead the cinnamon roll berserker
17.1K 421 38
After waking up from her coma, Lily sets out on an adventure to find her purpose and master her new powers. With her story far from over, this was ju...