Once in a Lifetime (A Niall H...

By ladybugs_

Abby Sullivan just graduated high school and is on an annual roadtrip to visit her grandparents. On a stop at... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
UPDATE
Another update
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
update

Chapter 3

610 7 0
By ladybugs_

~*Niall's POV*~

"Alright boys, Abby's gonna be joining us on tour!" Liam said and wrapped his arm over Abby's shoulder. His arms were big and muscular, which I guess is usually what draws girls into them. I couldn't shake the overwhelming feeling of anger toward Liam, which was unusual because he's one of my closest friends. Having Liam's arm around Abby made my stomach churn in the worst way possible, in a way that made me feel like absolute crap, and I had to force myself not to vomit.

"This sounds like it'll be soooo much fun, don't you agree Nialler?" Zayn said, smiling at me then Abby. Why is he doing this? I frowned at Zayn and looked down to avoid any eye contact with Abby. "I dunno." I mumbled and kicked my feet lightly, trying to act as if I wasn't really paying attention. Zayn laughed and picked up his luggage, nudging me playfully as he passed by and walked out the door. Abby smiled warmly at me and fixed her top. "I'm really excited about getting to go on tour with you, I became a huge fan of you guys the first time I saw you on the X-Factor." she said smiling wider than before.

Her smile was wonderful. She had perfectly white teeth which were a bit crooked, but still amazing, and dimples which would blow Harry's away any day. "I'm sure you'll have fun, we sure do. Getting to see new places and all that... and the food is great! Not saying that all we do is sit around and eat all day but..." I rambled nervously. What the hell am I talking about?! Abby giggled and I immediately felt embarrassed. Suddenly, Liam walked over and Abby fixed her hair nervously. "I'll get these for you." he said, grabbing her bags and carrying them out.

I stepped out of the way awkwardly and smiled at Abby, but she was focused on Liam. This has to stop now, if I fall for Abby, I won't be able to stop until she's mine. And if she doesn't want to be mine, I'll end up with another broken heart. Maybe it's too late, maybe I've already fallen for her, maybe I won't be able to stop. Zayn was wrong, I don't have a crush. I've got much more than that, I think I'm starting to catch feelings for her, for a girl I've only known for a day. The funniest thing is, she may be catching the same feelings for my best friend, my TAKEN best friend.

~*Abby's POV* ~

The tour bus slowly drove away and I saw my mom waving and crying through the back window, I couldn't stop the tears that began to fall from my eyes and put my face in my hands so the boys wouldn't see me. My mom was the only person I had, my brother died, I never knew my dad, and she was always there when I needed her. But this was my only chance to have a real friendship with the boys, and I didn't want to give it up. Am I being selfish? Should I have them stop the bus right now? She'll be all alone!

That last thought made me cry even harder, and I'm positive that the boys heard me, because Niall scooted closer to me and held me. "Are you alright?" Harry asked, I lifted my head back up and sniffled. "Yeah I'm okay, it's just hard leaving my mom." I said softly. All of the boys looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "We know how it feels, but once you get used to being on the road, it's really fun." Louis said reassuringly. I felt Niall drawing small circles into my back with his thumb and felt soothed, subconsciously I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his chest.

Almost immediately he became still and the comforting circles stopped. I heard muffled laughing from where Harry and Zayn were sitting and turned my head to face them. "Why are you laughing at me?" I asked, trying to catch my breath from crying. Zayn immediately stopped laughing at cleared his throat. "It's nothing, just something Niall did." he said softly and looked away. I was exhausted, both mentally and physically, and Niall's warm embrace was like the best pillow ever. I closed my eyes, and before I knew it, I was asleep.

When I woke up it was dark and Niall's head rested on my own and Harry, Louis, Zayn, and Liam were all deep in dreamland snuggled up against each other. I couldn't help but admire the way Liam's facial expressions were so serious when he slept, and let a giggle escape. "Well, it's nice to see that someone is up." Niall said and lifted his head. "Now, what was so funny?" he asked. I felt myself blush, but oddly, I felt like I could tell Niall what was going on. I had a connection with him that I'd never had with any of my other friends.

"Nothing. It's just Liam, he's so adorable." I whispered, trying my best not to wake anyone. Niall sighed and played with my hair, I didn't stop him, it was comforting and I just generally didn't mind. "Oh. I guess so, all the girls think so." he said plainly. All the girls? A subtle frown began to spread on my face. "What's wrong?" Niall asked, which shocked me because I thought no one would notice. I shifted my body clockwise so my head was rested on his chest facing up. "I guess I'll never have a chance." I said softly, and swayed my feet lightly against the leather.

Niall looked at me with sad eyes, almost like he and I were sharing the same feeling at the same time. Suddenly, the bus stopped and all of the boys woke up. Niall and I both looked up and laughed, Zayn had a trail of drool running down his face! Soon enough, everyone grabbed their bags and shuffled off of the bus. I looked back up at Niall and smiled, he was becoming what seemed to be my best friend on the road, and I'd felt a special connection since we'd met in the hall. He smiled back at me and stroked my face with his thumb. I don't know what came over me, maybe it was his deep blue eyes, or his open, positive attitude, or the way every stroke on my face sent a tingling sensation down my spine, but whatever it was, nothing could stop it.

I sat up on Niall's lap, wrapped my arms around his neck and slammed our faces together. It wasn't violent, but it was passionate, and honestly, Niall was a damn good kisser. He didn't squirm or screech, he just wrapped his arms around my waist and let our lips move together. Niall's tongue brushed against my lip, begging for entrance, but I pulled away. Niall's eyes were still closed, but I couldn't read his face. Before he could open his eyes, I jumped off of his lap and ran inside, not even bothering to grab my bags.

I ran through the door, bumping into Liam in the process, and searched for the nearest room to run into. As soon as I found an unclaimed room, I ran in an locked the door. God damn Abby, Niall is supposed to be your bestfriend, not your boytoy! I thought to myself and cuddled a pillow at the head of my bed. I jumped at the sound of someone knocking at my door and a familiar Irish accent. "Abby, please let me in?" he said through the door. I didn't budge. I was so confused, what happened with me? Why did I kiss him? UGHHH! "Please just go away!" I yelled, maybe it was a bit harsh, but I didn't want to see him at the moment. I jumped again, another knock on the door.

"Niall, please just leave me alone!" I begged. "It's Azaria, would you mind opening the door?" a high pitched female voice said through the door. I got up from my bed and walked up to the door, though I had no clue who she was, I had to talk to someone about what was going on, and I couldn't tell Niall or Liam. I opened the door and was greeted with a huge smile and a warm hug. Someone's friendly. Azaria stepped in with my suitcases and closed the door behind her, she was gorgeous beyond the point of legality, and to be honest, I was a bit jealous.

She had olive-tan skin, long dark hair, and just a generally exotic beauty. She seemed extremely nice, though I had just met her, and easy to talk to. "I'm Azaria, I deal with the boys' wardrobe." she smiled. "Now, what's going on with Niall?" she asked politely. I felt like I could spill my heart out to her and she'd just listen and nod, so that's what I did. "Well... I kissed him on the bus, and then I sorta just ran away..." I started, and she nodded understandingly. "He didn't really get mad, he just... sat there. I don't know what came over me, I just-" she cut me off with a pat on the knee.

"Do you have any feelings for Niall?" she asked, just as I'd been asking myself. "I don't... I mean I'm not sure... No? No, I don't." I replied, but I wasn't sure about my answer. I mean, could I possibly have feelings for Niall? Azaria laughed and scooted closer to me on my bed. "I understand. Is there something else that's keeping you from being for sure what's going on?" she asked. I sighed. Liam... "I guess." I said plainly. "But... He's taken by a hot dancer, all the girls love him, and he probably doesn't even acknowledge me!" She nodded, and when she was sure I was done, she carried on.

"Liam... Yeah, he's a keeper, Danielle is lucky! But if a taken man is preventing you from being sure of your feelings, you need to try to get over him!" she advised. I understood, but I wasn't sure what to do! I can't just stop liking Liam, I've had a soft spot for him ever since I'd first seen the boys! I still was unsure, but I didn't want to tell Azaria that. "Thanks, Azaria." I said politely. She got up and walked to the door, smiling back at me. "Oh, but don't forget to talk to Niall, he doesn't like being left in the dark." she said finally and left the room.

I sighed to myself, I still have to talk to Niall, which is going to be the hardest part. I stood from my bed, walked to my door, and prepared myself to open it. Just get it over with, I thought to myself and pulled the door open quickly. The house seemed empty, besides Azaria, who was sitting in the living room watching what sounded like Jersey Shore. I looked around trying to find which door was Niall's, which didn't take my long because it was marked with a shamrock, and knocked on it as calmly as I could. Immediately the door came open and Niall was standing in front of me looking extremely dull.

"Hey Abby." he said plainly and shot an obviously fake smile. I looked up and tears started pooling into my eyes. No Abby, not now! "I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to kiss you! I just... Well... It wasn't an accident, but I-" Niall took me into his arms and stroked my back with his thumb gently. "Abby, don't worry about it. It's okay, I know it didn't mean anything." he said softly. It didn't mean anything? How can he say that? I know he felt something, I did, or at least I think I did! He pulled from the hug and smiled down at me, then walked back into his room.

How am I supposed to get to bed with all this on my mind? It's impossible! I knocked on his door again and waited anxiously, after a few seconds he opened up. "I can't sleep..." I said hoping he'd invite me in, and he did. He got into his bed and patted a spot next to him softly, l walked over, got onto the bed, and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around me and I could hear his heart beat, I closed my eyes and counted the beats. 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8... and fell back to sleep. I woke up still in Niall's arms, he was awake and playing with my hair.

I pretended to still be asleep and looked around the room. Liam was rummaging through Niall's suitcase. "What are you doing?" Niall asked toward Liam, still playing with my hair. Liam looked at Niall and grinned. "I'm looking for that shirt you borrowed. Anyways, enjoying your spooning session?" he asked and chuckled. I shut my eyes and felt myself blushing. "Be quiet Liam!" he snapped in a half whisper. "We're just friends... She doesn't like me." he said. What? I don't like... him? Does that mean he likes me?!

I kept my eyes closed but bit my lip anxiously. "I think she likes you, Liam." Niall said and stopped stroking my hair. What?! Why would he tell him that? I sighed to myself mentally, I guess it was better that he found out anyway. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around again, Liam was in the corner changing into his shirt, and judging by his wet hair, he had just showered. Liam smiled at Niall sweetly (aww, Niam!) and sighed. "You'll get her Nialler." he said reassuringly. "I don't know..." Niall replied quietly. Now I'm positive Niall has feelings for me, but... do I have feelings for him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
1.1K 50 24
An ordinary girl living her life was forced to move with her family across the world to London. She warmed up to the idea after letting it sit for a...
52.4K 899 62
What happens when One Direction, a boyband simply being paid to make an educational video, decide to take a little vacation with a girl who isn't as...
1.8K 6 19
Amber Sullivan is on the surface, a Uni student with big dreams. When she ends up going on tour with One Direction, she starts to fall for Zayn Malik...