Potions & Passion (Clint Bart...

By Big_turd_blossom

"I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me." -A.G. ***... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chaoter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

1K 28 3
By Big_turd_blossom

Shyla Vexx's P.O.V.

One. Two. Three. Four.

I took a deep breath and held it, visualizing a ball of energy in front of me.

Four. Three. Two. One.

"Shyla?"

As I exhaled, I pushed the ball of energy away.

A soft breeze blew through my apartment, causing my dark hair to tickle my nose.

One. Two. Three. Four.

"Are you seriously giving me the silent treatment?"

I opened my eyes, placing my hands in my lap as I looked to Loki. He stood by the front door.

"I have nothing to say to you."

"That doesn't mean you need to ignore me. Maybe I have something to say to you."

I rolled my eyes at him and started to go into my meditation state again. However, Loki blew out all of my candles and closed the window to my apartment. I inhaled deeply, wanting to keep calm this time, and stood up. I would meditate later. As I was picking up my candles, Loki appeared by my side and stopped me from moving.

"It's been two days, Shyla. What is your problem?"

"My problem is you thinking it's okay putting your hands on me." I slammed my candles down on the glass coffee table so hard that the glass cracked. I turned to the god and pushed up the sleeve of my gray hoodie. I held up my wrist to show him the hand shaped bruise he had left behind.

He bit the inside of his cheek and shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

"I didn't think you bruised that easily—,"

"I don't, you ass. You're a fucking Asgardian. I'm only human. But that isn't the point." I yanked my sleeve back into place and pushed pass him, making sure my shoulder hit his arm. "Have you ever thought that maybe people stay away from you because you're rough and insensitive and rude and a bunch of mean shit that no one wants to be around and have in their life?"

Okay, that was a little hypocritical.

"I think that is what makes us such a great duo. No one else understands us, what we feel, the anger that courses through our veins—,"

"I'm only angry when you push my buttons, Loki!" I cut him off, spinning around to face him.

"Oh I beg to differ, darling." He shook his head. "There is rage boiling inside you. Resentment for those who can live their life how they wish, without knowledge of the darkness in the world, in the universe."

I diverted my eyes away from him and to my broken coffee table.

"Why did you want Lisowski dead at the benefit?"

"What?"

"It would have been easier for both of us just for me or you to go to his hotel room and take him out there." I met Loki's gaze, straightening my shoulders. "Why go through the hassle of taking identities and getting outfits and playing dress up at the benefit where the Avengers were?"

He said nothing. Loki knew I was on to him.

"Tell me, Loki." I spoke through clenched teeth to him. "I've been following you blindly for two and a half-almost three-years."

"I wanted to test your loyalty, to see if you'd listen to me and forget about them." Loki replied honestly with his head held high. He wasn't ashamed of his answer.

"I am not your toy to play with, Loki. You don't get to play with my feelings like that."

He was silent again.

"I'm going to go out and get dinner. If you stick around, I'll bring you back something." I told him as I made my way for the door, picking up my backpack that was resting by the front door.

Without saying anything else to him, I left my apartment.

"Fuck." I exhaled heavily. Loki caused me so much stress sometimes. 

•*•*•

Take-out was left on the island in the kitchen. Loki was reading one of my books in the living room when I returned to my apartment.

Crossing my arms firmly over my chest, I moved to the large windows in the living room. My eyes drifted down to the street below at first but then I looked up to the skyline. I could see the Avengers Tower in the distance. Goosebumps broke out on my arms and something in my chest began to stir.

I shook my head gently and moved away from the window.

"I admire your courage and your willingness to follow me, Shyla."

"I don't want your excuses." I glanced up at Loki through my lashes as I sat down on the leather recliner in the living room.

"Then what is it you want? You're a very difficult woman to predict and I can't seem to ever figure out what it is you want." Loki put the book in his hands down on the coffee table and looked to me.

"It doesn't matter what I want." I muttered, picking up one of the magazines on the coffee table.

"I am trying to fix this, Shyla. Quit making it harder for me."

I bit my tongue, shaking my head as I looked at the television I hardly used.

"I just want to get rid of Pierre. Once she's done for and none of her adversaries or supporters will take her place, I will have what I've wanted for a long time." My eyes met his. Loki nodded his head softly. "And Loki? The next time you put your hands on me like that, I will stab you. You remember Tokyo?"

A smirk came to his lips at the memory.

"I do remember Tokyo very well."

I drew my eyes away from him and to the magazine in my hands.

•*•*•

The woman slammed me down on a table, her hands wrapped securely around my neck. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw something on the table right beside my head.

I picked up the object and hit her across the side of the head with it. She let me go and stumbled back, giving me the ability to use my magic on her. Holding my hand out, I watched as silver wisps left my palm and finger tips and moved towards her.

The woman tried to move, to escape her impending doom, but Loki stopped her, using his own telekinesis to keep her in place. I gritted my teeth together, tasting blood from when she had punched me square in the mouth, and twisted my hand. A horrid cracking sound came from her neck. Loki let her body drop to the floor.

"Did you get from her what we need?" He questioned, kneeling down to check the woman's pockets.

"I did, but she nearly choked me to death for it." I held up the thumb drive.

Loki took it and tucked it into one of his pockets.

"I'll see you in three days."

"Wait! I have to get off this thing by myself?"

"I'm not a taxi, Shyla." Loki rolled his eyes at me. "You need to work on your teleportation."

"You should have told me I didn't have an exit, asshole." I cursed at him under my breath as I left the room. "Where are you going?"

"I think that's my business, not yours."

"Asshole." I grumbled at him as he disappeared in a haze of golden smoke.

I began to make my way through the extremely small HYDRA-infested warehouse.

What was on that drive, Loki?

Nothing that concerns you.

One of these days I'm going to stop helping you.

No you won't because then I will kill Barton and Kennox.

I let out a growl in frustration and slammed my fist against the wall as I continued down the hall. Maybe I could try poisoning him.

As I turned down one of the last hallways, I found myself being thrown back into the concrete wall. I hit it, absorbing most of the impact in my back and hitting my head on the wall.

I hit the floor and rolled over on to my stomach.

"Shit." I cursed softly, pushing myself to my feet.

I could feel someone trying to push their way telepathically in to my mind. It was Wanda.

"Shit." I kept my head tilted down as I stood to my feet. She was just a few hundred feet away from me, standing with her hands by her sides and red wisps emitting from her fingers.

"Why can't I read your mind?" Wanda questioned me. She tried to make her voice sound intimidating and threatening but it wasn't working.

Loki, you seriously need to get your ass back here. I was definitely going to poison him. That asshole had to know they would be here.

I summoned as much energy as I could from my core and pushed the energy out. Wanda was thrown down the hallway and into Thor, who was making his way towards us.

She cried out upon landing on top of Thor. Something had happened. She was hurt.

"We aren't-We aren't alone, guys."

I listened closely as Wanda gasped at the pain she was feeling. She was communicating through the earpieces all of the Avengers wore.

"Her arm is broken, Captain." Thor told Steve.

"Get her to the jet, Pietro."

Before Steve could even finish his sentence, Pietro was kneeling down beside his twin sister, practically pushing Thor out of the way.

The feeling of someone behind me made the hair on my arms stand up. I began to spin around, ready to punch whoever it was, when the person caught my fist in their metal one. My hand began to be crunched by Bucky.

Our eyes met and my heart began to race as the pain started to spread through my hand and lower arm.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered. "Dormi."

My fist was instantly released and Bucky took a step back but the spell didn't work him the way it should have. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes, desperate to fight the sleep.

"Dormi." I repeated, this time with a little more power behind the simple spell.

Bucky swayed on his feet before collapsing in a heap on the floor.

"What did you do to Barnes?" Thor demanded. I glanced over my shoulder upon hearing his deep voice behind me. He threw Mjolnir at me and I turned, without thinking, with all intentions of stopping the hammer.

However, I found myself flying through the air and through a wall. I landed on my back, dusty dry-wall particles making breathing difficult. Mjolnir was resting on my chest when I finally regained the ability to see and it was pushing down on my chest.

I looked back to where Thor was now kneeling over Bucky, checking for a pulse.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked me as he stood up and began to make his way towards me. His brows crinkled together as he stepped through the hole in the wall and moved closer. I struggled to get free, desperate to hide from a former friend. "And why is it that you look so familiar?"

"What's going on, Thor?" Steve asked through the earpiece.

"I think I know this woman."

I raised my hand and Thor watched as silver wisps escaped my fingertips.

"Let me go, Thor."

"Excuse me?"

"You will let me go, and you'll forget my face." I silently prayed that this little charm-spell worked. It was a simple one Loki had taught me that just involved a little more mind control that what I used to do with HYDRA.

Thor stared at me for a few heartbeats before lifting Mjolnir off of my chest.

I took a deep breath, glad that I was finally able to get oxygen to my lungs, and stood to my feet. However, as soon as I made it to my feet, something sharp stabbed me in the arm. I looked down to see what looked like a dart sticking out of my arm.

"What the hell?" I muttered under my breath.

"You okay, big guy?" Natasha asked Thor as she entered the room through the door. My vision began to blur and everything felt fuzzy inside.

"I am fine. Who is this?" He gestured to me.

"I'm not sure, but I'm going to need help toting her back to the jet. She's been tranquilized."

I shook my head, trying desperately to fight the sedative, and stumbled towards the hole I had created in the wall. I only took three steps before the floor started to grow closer to my eyes and everything went black.

Things are about to get intense....

Also I need someone's input....maybe.... opinion is a better word. If you think that you know everything/most things about this story and think you know what direction it should take in the future, please, please, PLEASE DM me because I need someone who is open-minded to everything and anything impossibly potential for Shyla's story. I have an idea for this book that is absolutely insane and might ruin it but I want to run it by one or two people first....

Does that make any sense? DM me for details!

Vote and Comment!!

<3 Kacey <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 209 28
Book 2 ~ Book 1 is "I don't blame you, I never did." I recommend giving that a read before starting this one ~~~ Continues on after the events of b...
3K 232 28
Disclaimer: I dont own marvel or pics or music.
47 1 7
Harry potter x Marvel Witch!OC Ongoing
533K 15.5K 39
Loving you isn't easy, but if love was easy then it wouldn't be worth fighting for