Unchained

By DarklyCosmos

"Does it hurt to die?" she whispered to me. I thought long and hard about my response. Finally, when the corr... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Epilogue
... Or Is It?

Chapter Fifty

255 12 4
By DarklyCosmos

I ran.

Well, actually, when I hit the ground, I ran. But before I hit the ground, I used my wings.

I know, pretty cool, huh? For some reason, the wings were all that I noticed. I mean, I had the speed of running real quick, but the strength, vision and invisibility were beyond my reach right now. I couldn't summon those. But no worries - the wings would have to do now.

I burst through the doors of the book shop, desperately looking around for Kevin. I saw him sitting at the desk, and he was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Avaley, get out of here!" he cried. "Sean's - "

Too late. Something hit me from behind and I went falling forward, against the ground. I heard a grunt as Sean grabbed me and pulled me up, snarling in my ear, "It was wrong of you to come back, Avaley. You should have stayed dead." and he yelled and shoved me forward, and I quickly jumped up as he swung a blade at me. It was a new blade, I could see, and as Sean moved it, sparks of fire went flying from it. I knew I was in trouble.

I scrambled back to Kevin, who I realized was strapped to his chair, strangely. "Get out of here!" I cried, when a burst of fire flew over my head and exploded the desk where Kevin was sitting.

"Ha!" Sean screamed from behind me. "Your guardian angel is dead!"

"NOOO!" I screamed, and then suddenly, Kevin was in front of me, smiling happily. "Huh?" I said.

"Don't mind me," he said. "Behind you." and then with a loud yell, that same blade, flames and all, went tumbling over my head as I ducked and Sean stumbled forward, Kevin disappearing. What? Was he dead or something? What just happened?

I started to run to the door, but suddenly they slammed shut, and I turned around to see Sean holding a hand out. He grinned, wiping some blood off of his lip. "Where do you think you're going, Avaley?" he said. 

"Back to the normal world," I said, and holding up my hand and praying my ability to levitate objects was intact, pulled the nearest bookshelf I could find and hurled it at Sean.

It. Felt. AMAZING.

Sean screamed as the bookshelf collided with him. I stared at my hands in awe at the fact that my powers felt strangely... More powerful. This was amazing. It was energy and adrenaline pumping through my veins, and it felt like nothing could stop it. I was invinsible. This was the greatest I'd ever felt.

I felt strong.

I felt unbeatable.

I felt unstoppable.

And most of all...

I felt alive.

I took a step towards Sean, who was moving slowly under the shelf. I heard him cough and I saw the blade shimmering with waves of fire underneath the shelf. 

"What's wrong, Sean?" I sneered. "Can't take a little hit?" And with that, not even lifting up my hands, I felt another shelf falling from its place and crashing on top of Sean. Lovely.

"Arghhh!!" Sean roared. He managed to lift one hand from the rubble and pointed it at me. Through his bloody lips, he grinned and said, "I can take a little bit more than this, Avaley."

Behind you!!! Something screamed in my mind. I quickly whirled around and bounced out of the way as a bookshelf came tumbling down. Had Sean just thrown that at me? And I somehow dodged? Because a measly thought in my mind told me to? Really? I was that strong?

Whoah.

Heck... this was cool. I liked it! THIS WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!

"Ha!" I cried, pointing at Sean and raising my hands in the air. Power surged through me. My wings fully spread, the air around me spinning with my abilities, I felt stronger than ever. I was alive, free, strong, and nothing could stop me. Not even Sean. "Looks like you can't take as much as you thought."

He just chuckled, squirming under the pounds of weight and bookshelves above him. "I guess I can't, Avaley."

Okay. What now?

I turned around, heading for the door, my mind racing on what to do next, but Sean said:

"Do you really think that you've won, Avaley Camber?"

Ugh, I was sick and tired of him. 

I turned around and glared at him. "Yes, do, Sean Radke or whatever the hell your name is. I have won, because you are currently under a load of book cases that threw at you, and you have killed me but I'm still alive." I flashed him a smile. "So, yes, I've won. Bye bye."

Then he laughed. I wondered if he was just acting to slow me down. "You're so arrogant, Avaley. That's one thing I won't miss when you fall to your grave."

I snorted. "Sorry to disappoint you, buddy, but that won't be for a while."

Then something weird happened.

I felt a gust of wind behind me, and suddenly, I was thrown forward, onto the bookshelves that Sean was under. As I regained my balance, I realized Sean was gone and when I turned around, he was behind me. His eyes were wide and black, red veins pulsing underneath his skin, and he had mutated into some form that I had never seen before. He had black wings, spreading across the room, and yellow claws that curved towards me. 

I'll be darned. He really looked like a devil.

Well... technically he was the devil.

"What..." I said, taking a step back at his form. "I thought I... you..."

He laughed, a low, menacing growl that sent chills down my spine and sent rumbles through the ground. "I'm already dead, Avaley," he snarled. "You can't kill me."

"Then what do you want with me?" I pleaded, searching for a way out. He was too large. I'd have to fight hard to get past him.

"When someone dies, they get Chained. It's unfair for someone to get Unchained just because someone thinks you have a chance," Sean said, and swiped his large fist at me. I ducked, then threw myself back behind the bookshelves. Sean roared and bashed them away, leaving me vulnerable. "You can't stop me, Avaley," Sean cackled. "Not unless you're dead."

I'll be darned.

I wasn't dead, but I knew a few people who were dead.

I quickly jumped up, spreading my fresh wings and floated above Sean, my mind racing. He looked up at me and swiped his fist again, this time wrapping his fingers around me and squeezing hard. Tears sprang to my eyes as my body scrunched together and I cried out, "Then what happens if you kill me? Huh, big guy?" THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK

"Then I move onto the next Unchained soul," Sean growled, clenching his fingers harder. 

Using my lack of powers, I forced a small table up against Sean's back. It splintered into smithereens, and Sean laughed at my pathetic attempts. "It's useless, Avaley," Sean snarled. "Just take the pain. Unless you're too overconfident in yourself."

What had the beautiful lady angel told me? Okay, so I was brought back to life and Unchained and stuff. But how could I defeat Sean? I wasn't dead, but I knew some people were dead... But how could they help me?

I screamed. When this was all over, I was taking a freaking trip to the Bahamas and forgetting humanity ever existed.

But not after I got rid of Sean.

And then it hit me.

Clear as day.

I screamed louder and using the ounce of power I had left, pulled the blade, the old blade, from my pocket. I brought it up, seeing it gleaming in front of Sean's gaze, and his eyes widened. Haha, now look who's talking?

I brought the blade down into his skin.

Goodbye, Sean Radke, or whoever the hell you are, I grinned wildly. Finally, this nightmare was over.

Sean laughed.

Huh?

The blade hadn't even ripped through him. I banged it against his skin harder, but it didn't do anything. It wasn't working. The stupid blade wasn't working. "But... but..." I said, my mind racing again. I didn't get it... How come...

A gust of wind fell against my face. I turned to look, and David Pearson was looking back at me.

"Two can make the connection," he said, and wrapped his hands around mine and the blade. He squeezed hard. I just stared at him. Meanwhile, Sean, started to yell:

"That's impossible! David should be dead!!!!"

"Yeah, I agree," I said, looking at David. "What are you doing here?"

He just smiled at me. "Let's just say you're not the only person who's been Unchained."

Uh...

I nodded. "Then let's get this Sean back to where he came from."

And together, we held up the blade high, and then brought it down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198 14 19
Hope is a dangerous girl compared to the other girls around her. She can fight with powers unseen in most girls. She fights with the powers to create...
25.4K 869 21
In this book, characters from *Frozen, Brave, How to Train Your Dragon, Tangled, and Rise of the Five* leave their kingdom to attend Hogwarts. As the...
597 51 18
They used my vulnerability against me. They used that weapon, to make me accept their stupid idea. And I of course, accepted it, I didn't even know w...
2.2K 137 9
In which Ted Nivison tries to survive the apocalypse, with superpowers. --- "In this situation, solitude was safer, of course. Less of a chance of su...