Deal With the Devil | ✔️

By WeAreOk

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A FIRST DRAFT AND THERE ARE GRAMMAR MISTAKES I pushed at his chest, but it was us... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
IMPORTANT
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
A/N
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Note
Epilogue
Check It Out!
Hello Again!
HELLLLOOOOO

Chapter Thirty One

323K 11.4K 2K
By WeAreOk

Guys I have the flu and I'm going to die.

Okay. Not really. But I feel like it. Being sick is the worst and I would really like it to just go away now.

But without further a do....

My eyes slowly opened as I woke up. The light was brighter than usual and when my vision completely cleared from sleep I saw that it was snowing. I sat up easier than usual and realized it's because Alexander's wasn't weighing me down like usual.

I looked around the room, but he wasn't there and the bathroom light was off so I assumed he must be out in the living room.

It was Christmas morning and my family along with Alex's would be here later for the dinner I was making.

Why did I agree to do this...

I got up from the bed and tried to pretend that my hair wasn't a terrifying sight. Alex wasn't in the living room, but the tree we put up was lit up with presents all under neath. I probably looked creepy smiling at our fake pine tree that was horrible decorated with rainbow lights, white lights, and various ornaments we had gotten from the store. Before this Christmas, Alexander never decorated for the holidays so therefore had no decorations.

I heard banging coming from the kitchen and string of curse words that followed. I quickly went to the kitchen where Alex was. He was at the stove attempting to cook.

The smell of burnt food filled the air along with the smoke from whatever he was cooking in that skillet.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

He looked over to me with a scowl. "Trying to make a pancake."

I walked next to him and looked down at the burnt pancake that was nearly black. I looked back up at him with a small smile. "You're sweet, but don't cook again."

"I won't." He chuckled.

I stood on the tip of my toes to kiss him quickly. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, baby." He tried learning in for another kiss, but I turned on my heel to remake the batter to actually make pancakes.

After we finished breakfast we moved into the living room to open gifts. He had bought me far too many things and I felt bad for three I only had gotten him. What do you get for the man that has everything?

Alex lifted the dress shirt I bought him that was gray.. He looked at me with an arched brow. "Are you trying to tell me something?"

I smirked. I was sick of seeing him in the same white button up shirt. "I don't know what you're talking about, babe."

He chuckled. "Thank you." He opened the rest of the gifts I had gotten him.

~>~

I pulled the ham out of the oven as the timer went off. Our families would be here any minute. I paced around getting everything together. Alex attempted to help, but he ended up dropping one of the pies so I banished him to cleaning duty.

He came sauntering back into the kitchen a while later with a frown on his handsome face. "I'm done." He said like a child who finished their chores.

I cracked a smile. "Not quite, babe. Did you make the bed?"

He arched a brow. "I thought I had a housekeeper."

I rolled my eyes. "It's Christmas. You can't expect her to be here every day. Now go, shoo," I waved my hand dismissively and he groaned, turning around to finish his task.

The plates were set, the dinner was done, and the house was clean. Now it was just time to wait for them to arrive. Knowing my family they'd be a few minutes late since being early wasn't a thing they did.

I go into our room and see it cleaned up. I was actually surprised at how well he did. I went over to the bathroom where he stood brushing his teeth.

I nudged my hip with his and he looked over me with what would be a smile if a tooth brush wasn't in his mouth. "How do you want to tell our parents?"

He arched his brow. "Hmm?" He said before spitting out the tooth paste.

I gave him a look and he seemed confused for a moment. "Oh!"

I smiled. "Yeah."

He smiled back at me and just shrugged. "Words might be useful when telling them."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't patronize me, Knight. It's their first grandchild."

He pulled my closer by my hips and I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck. "However you decide will be perfect." He leaned down to kiss me and a moment later the bell that someone was coming up the elevator went off. "Better decide quickly."

I groaned and pulled away from him to go out to the living room. As I entered the doors opened and both our families poured out.

"Ana!" Julia shouted out before she basically ran into me, her arms circling around me.

"Hi, Jules." I hugged her back.

Alex came in and we greeted the rest of them together. His parents and Marcus were here along with my parents and Julia. I showed my parents around our home since I knew they'd want to see it.

"Here's the spare bedroom you guys will be staying in." I opened the door for them as they put their suitcases. "And Julia your room is right next to them."

"This place is like a fortress." Nora said, looking around the beautifully decorated room, stopping to look out the tall windows that show an incredible view of the city.

"I know." I said. There wasn't getting around how crazy this apartment was.

"He's good to you right?" Dad asked with a stern look.

I nodded, smiling. "The best,"

He scoffed playfully. "Not better than you're old man."

I laughed and went over to hug him. "No one could take that place.

It was so good having my dad almost back to normal. I missed him more than anyone. Now that he was finally getting healthy again I couldn't wait for things to go back to normal. Well not exactly quite how they were.

We went back downstairs and hoping the rest of them. A few minutes later we were sitting at the table eating our dinner I'm shocked I didn't mess up.

~>~

After dinner we all went over to the living room and talked for what seemed like hours. It was amazing to just be with all of them. I watched as Alex talked with my dad and our moms talked with each other. Even Marcus and Julia were getting along and sitting very close to each other.

I got up to grab another bottle of wine since they all seemed to polish off the other two pretty quickly. I opened the cabinet and when I turned around I jumped slightly from surprise when I saw Phillip come in. "Oh my gosh," my hand was over my heart. "you scared me."

"Sorry," he chuckled.

"It's okay. Did you need anything?" I asked as I looked around for the wine screw.

He shook his head. "I just wanted to come in here to talk to you." He said, his French accent thick.

"Okay," I said. I finally found the wine screw and began to undo the cork.

"I wanted to tell you thank you, Anastasia. Amelia and I are forever grateful."

I stopped twisting and set the bottle aside. "I would do it again if it meant your family was safe." I said.

A small smile graced his face. The face that had so many similarities to my husband. "Alexander is very lucky and I wanted to make sure you know that. We all are. We couldn't have asked for a better daughter in law."

His words made my heart clench and I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes. I swear if I'm too happy, I'm crying. If I'm too sad, I'm crying. I need to be between a 3 and 7 on the emotional scale... "Thank you, Phillip. That means so much to me."

We were back in the living room after a few more minutes of talking and me having to clear my teary eyes.

I returned to my seat next to Alex and snuggled close as we sat back on the couch. His arm came around my shoulders as he held me close. "Are you alright?" He asked quietly, looking over at me.

I nodded. "More than alright." I smiled.

His eyebrows furrowed. "You were crying." His hand came up to caress my cheek.

"Your dad had me a little emotional in the kitchen." I chuckled. I grabbed his hand off my cheek and kissed the top of it. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

He nodded and leaned in to kiss my forehead. "Love you, baby."

~>~

By nine o clock every one was either too drunk to stay awake or too tired. My parents called it a night while Alex's did the same. Marcus wanted to take Julia around Central Park to see the lights. I'm still a little iffy about that, but I didn't want to start anything so I let it slide. Alex reassured that nothing would happen. Marcus might make stupid decisions sometimes, but he isn't an idiot. Well at least that's what Alex said.

I was cleaning up when I heard Alex call my name from the living room.

I came in to see him sitting in the couch. "Come over here." He said softly.

I did so and sat next to him on the couch, my eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

His smile made me feel like I had butterflies in my stomach. He's so handsome. "I have one more present for you."

I frowned. "No. You've already given me so much, Alex. I really can't—"

He silenced me with a kiss and even when he pulled away I was still frowning. "It's for both of us."

I arched a brow. "What is it?"

He reached for the small box that had a ribbon tied around it. "Here,"

I took it and looked back up at him before he hurried me to open it. I slowly undid the bow and took the top of the box off. In it laid a small silver key. "A key."

He nodded. "To our house."

My head snapped back up at him. "House?"

He smirked and nodded again. "I bought it a couple months ago and have been renovating it. I know I should have asked—"

Now it was my turn to shut him up. I kissed him, holding his face with both hands. "I wanna see it."

"Tomorrow. It's outside of the city, but still not too far to commute." He explained.

I wrapped my arms around to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck, leaving a kiss to the base of it. "I love you, Alex. You and this baby are my world." I said. Then it dawned on me.

We never told our parents.

"Alex!" I said pulling away suddenly.

"What?" He asked, confused.

I laughed and he gave me another weird look. "We didn't tell our family."

He bursted our laughing. "Well there's always tomorrow."

Theres always tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day. I wanted to have so many days with Alexander. So many type of days. Every day I wanted to spend it with him whether it was a good or a tough day. There really couldn't be any bad days with him. Challenging, yes. But bad? Not a chance. I was excited to share and spend my life with him and the family we've started. What a life I've lived in only my twenty three years. I had everything I could ever ask for and more.

Alex grabbed onto my hand. "Let's go to bed."

I followed him into our room and we snuggled close to each other like we always did. His arm was around my waist as he spooked me, holding me extra tight tonight. I felt him place a kiss at the back of my head. "Good night. I love you, Ana."

I couldn't help but smile. "I love you." I said, completely content.

The End

ITS OVER! I can't believe it! Oh my gosh. I'm like a bag of mixed emotions right now. Like. How. Am. I. Supposed. To. Feel.

Let me just say THANK YOU! Thank you for the countless comments, votes, and support you've given me by just simply reading. I appreciate you all so much and it was such a pleasure to write this story.

There's still an epilogue on the way so don't archive this story quite yet!

ALSO I have another story out right now that I'm working out called In His Arms. It's a romance/short story. Check it out!

Love you guys xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 155 31
"If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer to her, encircling her in his arms, h...
18.8M 665K 53
After running away with her baby sister from her abusive father, Juliana bumps into the last person she would expect to help her. He was rough, dange...
3M 77.7K 41
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...