Breaking Mr. Hockey

By ursa-maj0r

He may be no Gordie Howe, but he sure is making a name for himself. Zachary Howard is the star studded forwar... More

Breaking Mr. Hockey
Chapter One - The Assignment
Chapter Two - Friends
Chapter Three - Off to Practice
Chapter Four - It's Jimmy!
Chapter Five - Game 1 (part 1)
Chapter Five - Game 1 (part 2)
Chapter Six - Jimmy & the Wings (part 1)
Chapter Six - Jimmy & the Wings (part 2)
Chapter Six - Jimmy & the Wings (part 3)
Chapter Seven - Pre-Game
Chapter Eight - The Avalanche (part 1)
Chapter Eight - The Avalanche (part 2)
Chapter Nine - Practice & Papers (part 1)
Chapter Nine - Practice & Papers (part 2)
Chapter Ten - Troubled thoughts
Chapter Eleven - Faded (part 1)
Chapter Eleven - Faded (part 2)
Chapter Twelve - Hot Mess
Chapter Thirteen - Junior
Chapter Fourteen - Later
Chapter Fifteen - Dodging Draft Pick & Worried Thoughts
Chapter Sixteen - Little Red Dress
Chapter Seventeen - That Fire (part 1)
Chapter Seventeen - That Fire (part 2)
Chapter Eighteen - The Event
Chapter Twenty - Morning
Chapter Twenty-one - Christmas
Chapter Twenty-Two - Ruby Red
Chapter Twenty-Three - Promise
Chapter Twenty-Four - Clouded
Chapter Twenty-Five - Give me a Break
Chapter Twenty-Six - Same Old Song & Dance
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Magic
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Knee Socks (part 1)
Chapter 28 - part 2

Chapter Nineteen - Storm

5.5K 78 18
By ursa-maj0r

Well this chapter (ever since I thought of it) has made me really impatient and giddy. SO here it finally is. Also sorry if it is not good >-< I'm really really sorry it's not that good. I have been dying to write it and I don't want as much fluff as I already have in it. So yeah, Enjoy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Nineteen 

Storm

Jimmy's P.O.V

"Are you ready for Santa?" I asked James as I rocked him back and forth in my office, while Rachael started dinner. The little guy had a confused look on his face as he sucked on his pacifier. Well at least I tried.

Zac was supposed to be here in an hour for his break, and mom and dad are supposed to be here tomorrow. James will be happy when all those people are here. He's probably had enough of me, mainly when I've seen him the most these last 2 days. He wants something new.

I chuckled as I lifted him up into the air. Just as I did he popped out his pacifier and began to giggle. I just smiled as I brought him closer to me.

"There's the happy little boy I love." I muttered as I took a seat with him at my desk. I held him with one arm while I used my other hand to tickle him.  Though he did something that kind of left me speechless. 

"...d...a...da," his little voice kind of left me speechless. He talked.

He just said his first word, and it was dad. 

Aubrey's P.O.V

 It was Monday, finally. Break, finally.

My eyes looked straight ahead as I drove down the snow covered road. A storm was coming and I really wanted to get to Chicago as fast as I could. The storm was supposed to rage all night and maybe even till tomorrow morning. Something I was hoping to miss. 

I would have left earlier, but I had one last class to get through. Also Kelsey wanted to treat me to a late lunch before I left. Which now that I look back at it, was a terrible idea. I should have left at one, right after class was done. But instead I ended up leaving at around 3, well actually more 4 because there was this huge line behind the closest gas station making me drive 10 miles in the opposite direction just to get gass. But I can't do anything now to change it. 

So I must deal.

Finally after minutes of dead silence I turned on the radio. I allowed the melancholy song of a pop singer to get me through a few more minutes, I began to day dream a little. 

My mind suddenly rushed to Saturday night. I grimaced. What an awkward night. I danced with Pucker. PUCKER! Why? I still have no clue. We had danced in silence, and the look on his face when I first arrived....well it sent shivers down my spine.

I shouldn't of daydreamed. I shouldn't have taken my mind off of the road. I regret it.

Without warning my car hit a little patch of ice. I awoke from my thoughts to see snow just falling from the sky covering everything. I should have left earlier. I hit the ice, I hit the ice, I HIT THE ICE! 

I mentally tried to keep calm, but it had really caught me off guard. I took my foot of the gas entirely, but I was much to late. I had reacted way too late. My car quickly went towards the ditch on my left. I closed my eyes as I got ready for impact. 

Jimmy's P.O.V

Rachael and James had taken a nap while the Turkey was cooking.

I, though, found myself going through all my stuff in my office. I opened the large oak chest that I had right next to my chest. Inside were two large boxes full of memories and dreams. 

I picked up the first box and smiled, on the top in my mom's handwriting it said 'Childhood'. The smooth lines of her cursive and the little details just really hit my heart hard. She always had the best handwriting. I remember on the sack lunches we would have she would write Zac and I a little note in her beautiful handwriting. 

I slowly lifted the top off of the box and looked down at all the little trinkets. For there was so many. 

I slowly went through the box. I saw my puck from the Rangers game, a picture of me and my friends in New York hold a baseball glove and ball, there was a picture of my dad and I with Rangers' ball caps on, there was another picture of my dad, Zac, and I at a Yankees game, and lastly a picture of my mom holding me when I was really young around Christmas time. 

All this stuff brought a big smile to my face as I sat on the floor looking at it all. 

Suddenly there was a small knock that came from the door. I turned my head to see Rachael standing there smiling at me. I just smiled right back, as she slowly walked up next to me and took a seat leaning against me.

We sat there in silence as we slowly went through all the stuff, all the memories since my birth up to college and through James birth. 

Aubrey's P.O.V

I opened my eyes as I forced the door open. The airbag didn't go off and I wasn't sure if I should be angry with that or just happy I didn't have a broken nose. 

I grabbed my phone before climbing up the snow and back up towards the highway. 

I let out a long sigh as I could feel a tear go down my face. Snow still fell as I stood there dialing a number for a towing company that was probably only twenty minutes away. After a few minutes of talking, a tow truck was being sent my way.

I stood there though, tears falling down my eyes. The highway was deserted, I barely had any money on me. I was all alone and stuck on the practically deserted highway. I just couldn't hold in any of these emotions. Why me? Why now?

I crossed my arms as I stood there shivering. I looked down the highway when suddenly I saw a car approaching.

Zachary's P.O.V

 The snow was really falling, but I knew there was only 25 minutes (at the least) till Jimmy's house. My mind kept focus on the road and nothing else. No music played, no thoughts invaded my mind. All I saw was open road, all I thought about was driving, all I heard was the sound of my engine.

All of a sudden a figure on the shoulder of the road appeared in the distance.

Now I know I should pick up hitchhikers, but I should at least see if they need my help. I switched over to the right lane and kept driving. Then, finally I approached the figure fullyas the snow stopped for a second. I rolled down the window on my left as I came to a stop next to them.

The person got close to my car and I groaned. Oh course.

"Barbie?! What the hell are you doing out here......," I groaned as I leaned over to the left side. She let out a sigh as she stood there shivering. The hood of her jacket was pulled up and her thin coat was probably doing nothing to help her. "Get in the car and explain," I finally demanded as I unlocked the car. 

She quickly hopped in and let out a loud breath as she removed the hood off of her head. "I hit some ice and my car went into the ditch," She finally added as she kept shivering. "I'm waiting for the tow truck," She finished as she brushed the snow off of her. 

Just as she said that in the distance a truck appeared. 

I should be nice to her, I mean she looked really stressed out. I could even see the redness in her eyes, I felt real bad for her. "Here, once the truck comes I'll follow it up and you can just stay in here," I responded as I pointed to the mirror.

She looked at it then at me. She was silent for what felt like forever, till finally she nodded her head. 

--

After Barbie had gotten all the stuff with the tow truck driver straightened out she grabbed her one suitcase and jumped into my car and without a second to spare. As the truck driver started ahead of us (he was going to a friend's repair shop only five minutes ahead) the snow began to full out fall again.

I still didn't have the radio on and Barbie kept silent, well until we followed the truck off of an exit towards a small center that had a hotel, shop, and restaurant. 

"Thanks," she stated as I parked at a parking spot.

I stopped the car and got out with her, I might as well help her with the bag. Even with this terrible snow. I grabbed her bag from the trunk and followed her into the repair shop.

-

It would take all night to fix her car, the sheer disappointment and sadness on her face ruled out everything. She wasn't even trying to hide it anymore. 

I took her stuff and lead her to the hotel next door.

I looked at the sign of it as we headed over. Starlight Lover Inn, really? really..? I shook my head as I let out a deep breath.

"Here, you can just stay here the night," I began to say as we walked in. Though she looked to the ground, I could see a few tears roll down her face. "I don't have enough money...," She started, but I put my hand on her shoulder to stop her. "Here, let me buy you one room." I said, well more dictated as we walked up to the front desk. 

An older man stood at the front desk watching a little TV screen, he nodded as he read the subtitles on it. Though as my eyes caught them I felt overwhelmed. Oh no. The highway I was just on, the one I was taking to Jimmy's house, was closed due to the heavy snow fall.

I felt like I got punched in the stomach. Fuck me.

Barbie looked up at me with a surprised expression, she saw it too. "I guess I'll be staying here too."

Aubrey's P.O.V

So Pucker and I would be staying at the hotel. My car is recked and the road is closed.

He, at the moment, was trying to get us two separate rooms while I was 'appointed' to go get his bag from the blizzard outside. I quickly grabbed it from the trunk and made my way through the snow and back into the lobby. 

Pucker stood there was a rather unhappy expression. Well that can't mean anything good.

"We are sharing a room," He muttered as he took his bag and walked over to the elevator. I just followed him as I nodded my head. We got into the elevator and he pressed the 2nd floor, then we went down the hallway to the last room on the left.

Once he opened the door the problem became easy to spot.

In the room there was a bathroom, a closet, sofa, Tv, and only one bed. One bed, that's a problem. Pucked put his suitcase by the sofa as I put mine in the closet. Then we just stood there looking at each other. Only maybe 2 feet apart.

"Here, I'll take the sofa and you take the bed," Pucker began but I quickly stopped him as I took a step towards hm with my pointer finger up. "No, I take the sofa....and you take the bed," I protested as Pucker shook his head.  "No, I take the sofa and you take the bed." He muttered as he crossed his arms and took a step towards me. 

"No," I quickly retaliated as I took another step towards him. Now we were only inches apart. His face looked down at me and I looked up at him. 

That is the moment when all control was lost.

My fingers were in his hair, his around my waist supporting me against his body. Our lips together with a hot fiery flame between us. It wasn't like one of those big Hollywood kisses, just a fast paced rush lust of the moment. Our bodies so close together as our lips were connected. My legs wrapped around his waist as I drew myself closer to him.

We spilled over tumbling onto the bed, I ending up on top of him. 

Our lips disconnected, and with that he huffed out "We'll share the bed." I grinned at him as I bit my lip. I can't lie, I was really really turned on. "Deal," I grinned. 

With that we right back to what we were doing......and well what we were going to do.

Zachary's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to see light streaming into the window. I blinked a few times as all of last name came rushing back to me. 

The heavy breath, the sweat, the touching bodies. 

I looked down to my arm to see Barbi- Aubrey laying there, right in my arms. Her body was pressed right against mine. All of a sudden her eyes fluttered open and instantly turned to me. 

She smiled as she put her chin on my chest and looked up at me. 

"Last night was great," she muttered as she smiled at me. I smiled as she came in closer to give me a kiss. 

I don't regret anything I did last night.

++++++++++++++++++

So yeah that just happened. ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

anyway I'll make this short and sweet. 

Ded question - breakfast for Aubrey....what should it be?

Hope you liked it. Also before I post the next chapter I need 4 votes and 4 comments.

Bye - Emilie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 319 11
BOOK 2: Started in Seattle: Abby Nelson has no family to support her, and an unfaithful boyfriend who seems to always lock her in. She is starting to...
93K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...
91.8K 499 33
Sophia Zegras has always been the more shy one out of her friends and her siblings, but things are destined to change when her brother's hockey team...
6M 147K 71
**FAIR WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BUT IT IS THERE, AND WORTH THE READ. IF YOU ARE OVERLY SENSITIVE, DO NOT READ...