The Ruthless She Wolf

By Obsidian_Eren

Ever since that day, everything changed. Ever since that day, the people she knew, everything she thought she... More

Backgrounds
Prologue
~(1)~
~(2)~
~(3)~
~(4)~
~(5)~
~(6)~
~(7)~
~(8)~
~(9)~
~(10)~
~(11)~
~(12)~
~(13)~
~(14)~
~(15)~
~(16)~
~(17)~
~(18)~
~(19)~
~(20)~
~(21)~
~(22)~
~(23)~
~(24)~
~(25)~
~(26)~
~(27)~
~(28)~
~(29)~
~(31)~
~(32)~
~(33)~
~(34)~
~(35)~
~(36)~
~(37)~
~(38)~
~(39)~
~(40)~

~(30)~

89 8 0
By Obsidian_Eren

Unknown

The next morning, Adonis was up at four as he descended the stairs and trailed his way to the dark kitchen where he intended to satisfy his growling stomach. The movement downstairs was heard by all that occupied the pack house, however, none of them bothered to do anything about it; they could smell who it was.

Anessa walked down the stairs slowly as she observed him from a far as he quietly ate some of the left over steak that was cooked especially for him. Her figure peered out from behind the wall one more time before she fled into the forest where she was yet to commence her run through Shadow Creek.

He continued to eat the rather soft steak as he listened to the suspicious silence in content tranquility. In his mind, yesterday's thoughts, questions and events weren't forgotten; he couldn't make them disappear from his mind even if he tried his absolute hardest.

He must have been at that wooden table staring at nothing for approximately three hours before Kyle trotted down the stairs with one eye open and the other closed.

Kyle stopped rubbing his eye as he stared at Adonis who had not noticed his presence just quite yet. From his stance, Kyle could clearly see that Adonis was in deep thought; anyone in his situation would be in deep thought.

It was only when Kyle made his way to the kitchen counter that Adonis acknowledged him with nothing more than a head nod and a barely audible "Morning". Kyle mimicked his actions as he stalked to the fridge and drooled at five pounds of raw steak drowning in blood but as he felt Adonis' eyes burn holes through his back, he decided against it.

Regret flowed through his veins as he grabbed a bowl and filled it with milk cereal. He had taken a seat opposite Adonis; he considered it the least awkward position but as Adonis would sneak glances here and there, he knew he had chosen the wrong seat.

"Kyan?"

Even though Kyle nearly forgot who 'Kyan' actually was and almost didn't answer, his wolf luckily reminded or barked at him to do so, "Yes!"

Adonis blinked out of surprise at his obnoxiously loud tone and watched him as though he was waiting for a certain thing to happen.

"Adonis?" Kyle could read body language quite well. He could tell that Adonis was being quite careful about the words he said and about the actions he executed.

"How is the um wo- The girl?"

This was expected and luckily, Kyle had derived a quick and suitable answer, "We ended up calling the police station. You know the one five miles away from the forest?"

Adonis nodded, "Is she...okay?"

"Bruised and battered due to containment issues but it wasn't too much damage. She really put up a fight before she entered the police vehicle. Did she have any mental issues?"

Adonis wanted to utter a laugh and say 'you could say that again' but he once again gave him a solemn nod and looked down at the polished piece of furniture where he absentmindedly traced his reflection before he asked him another question, "Where's Anessa? Out on a run?"

"You guessed it." Kyle smiled as he picked up his spoon to take another bite of his cereal.

"What about Gideon?"

Kyle was becoming a little annoyed with all of these questions but he didn't want to test the waters and release some kind of destined beast that Adonis may or may not have inside of him, "He's never awake before seven thirty, in fact, he should be down any time now." Kyle looked at the clock at it was about twenty to eight and smirked maniacally.

As if on cue, Brian stumbled down from the stairs with a groan as he glared at Kyle for screaming in his head to come down to the kitchen immediately.

"Yes Kyl-"He flinched as Kyle literally yelled at him to say the correct thing, "Good morning Kyan and Adonis."

As Brian passes behind Kyle, he slapped the back of his head with such a strong force that it made his face submerge in the bowl of cereal.

This had grabbed the attention of Adonis who had no idea what was going on.

"Kyan? Are you alright? You need to stop falling asleep while you are doing things man." Brian smiled deviously at him as he grabbed a few eggs and began cooking them.

"Yeah Gideon, I've realized. I should really be more aware of my actions, wouldn't want to mutilate a person and not know what I'm doing."

Adonis looked between the two as they held this menacing glare that looked as though it could vaporize anything that stood in the line of fire. It lasted no more than thirty seconds as Anessa walked through the front door drowned in sweat.

"Good morning Olivia." Only Adonis spoke directly to her as the other two mind-linked her to remember the whole act.

"Morning Adonis." Her response was short, though, her tone explained everything.

"How was your run?" Judging by how much sweat occupied her body and clothes, anyone could guess that it was long and probably thrilling. To her, three hours running was one of her thinking techniques that she often used when she was stressed.

"It was good; I couldn't run for long though. I guess that my running routine is taking a toll on me."

Only one person labelled this lie as the truth.

"How did you sleep?" It was a question she wanted to ask ever since four in the morning where she saw the evident dark bags under his eyes before she ran out the door.

"Sleep? I didn't sleep at all. Well, not af-"He stopped talking abruptly, it was as though he didn't know what to say.

"Not after what? What happened?" Of course, the three knew he hadn't slept, in fact, the whole pack house knew hadn't slept, they just didn't know why.

"I think I had a dream or a nightmare? I really don't know which one. I kept feeling like I was floating and I constantly heard this familiar celestial voice as it spoke to me in a language that I could not understand. It's been happening for a while now, even before that incident happened."

They all had a fair idea who that celestial voice belonged to; the Moon Goddess.

"Sounds like a strange dream to me. You probably have a vivid imagination." Brian and Kyle laughed as Anessa just smiled.

"Vivid imaginations are for kids. I don't know? Maybe I'm mental or something because I keep hearing that enthralling voice in my head that just won't disappear."

"Well, the mental do often hear voices in their heads." It was not their attention to make him feel as though he belonged in a mental institution but if it is what he believes, they are going to give him a push in the right direction. 

"You don't know what it said? Maybe it can help you try to understand if you just recollect your thoughts and try to remember what it said." They were hopeful, however, once he looked downwards at his reflection and sighed, they knew it had been a lost cause.

"I don't remember what the voice in my head said but I sort of remember my surroundings. I remember feeling like I couldn't breathe and that I was paralyzed. The ground that I was resting upon was hard and I think it was black sand? Many blurry figures stood above me as they tried to figure out what was happening to me but I mainly concentrated on the moon that shone a mesmerizing blue colour."

"It sounds more of a nightmare to me Adonis." Kyle laughed bitterly as he just finished cleaning the remainder of milk that clung to his features.

"That's one of my many problems Kyan. It's like every time I sleep, that dream or nightmare just becomes clearer and clearer. The first time this started was about two weeks ago when I just floated above or in a dark abyss and that celestial voice was still there speaking to me in muffled tones. Now, the clearest thing I saw was the moon and the only voice I found familiar was that one."

The three of them looked at each other briefly before deciding something that could have drastic repercussions.

"Adonis?"

"Yes Olivia?"

'Here goes nothing.' They all thought.

"That's not my actual name. In fact, he isn't Kyan and he isn't Gideon."

Adonis grew more cautious and confused as he tightly grasped the edge of the wooden table out of nervousness.

"Then what are your names?" Although he tried to sound as normal as possible, it ended up sounding as though something was about to break loose inside of him.

"I'm Anessa and that's Kyle and Brian."

"What do you want with me? Who even are you?" He stressed on every word; he was getting angrier by the second.

"It's not with what we want with you but what someone wants with you."

"Who is that someone?"

"The Moon Goddess."

"Who?"

"Adonis, do you know what wolves are?"

"Yes, I've seen them in the forest."

"Well, what if I told you that you were sitting next to a few right now?"

His flight or fight instinct kicked in and he blurred outside catching all three of them off guard who immediately followed after him. He didn't reach far though as he lay unconscious whilst a six foot wolf nudged his body with its snout.

"Yeah, we're going to need a better way of explaining this whole ordeal to him when he wakes up." 

---

Hey guys! How are you?

So this story is finally moving in the direction that I want it to go in and I just have all these ideas floating around in my head with no idea of connecting them. 

Hopefully I'll figure out a way and I will make this story even better!

Also, the next update should be anytime next weekend. 

Anyways, please tell me what you think!

What do you want to see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.

See you in the next chapter, <3 Bri.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58 11 14
Shannon was exiled from her pack. After unintentionally crossing territory lines during a late-night run with her friend Elva, the daughter of a prom...
269K 17.8K 43
At the age of 13 she found her mate. A wolf who was not quite a wolf and a man not quite grown. He was her mate but she was not his. She was too youn...
1.8M 47K 34
"My heart palpitated in my chest as my eyes settled on the beast of the man, my mate, his lips curled away from his teeth and he snarled at anyone wh...
2.9K 220 24
After a tragedy that took her mum's life, Mya has been on her own ever since. Her brother and father try to be there for her, but not in a good way...