You're So Annoying βœ”οΈ

Da _xXUnicornSlayerXx_

I continue throwing pebbles at his window, a grin on my face. He finally opens his window, glaring at me. "W... Altro

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Epilogue

24

48.5K 2.4K 1.3K
Da _xXUnicornSlayerXx_

Frost's p.o.v
*************

Chapter Twenty-four: August Lynn Matthews

I shouldn't be jelly. He isn't mine, to begin with.

Keep telling yourself that.

We are literally the same person.

Nova looks at me but he doesn't get time to walk back before his coach blows the whistle, meaning he has to go.

I look away, surprised and somewhat hurt.

"What an asshole," Manon says with distaste.

"Hey... you okay?" Manon asks and side hugs me.

"Just peachy," I reply blankly and watch the girl who did the horrible deed walk away.

"I, uh..." I start to speak but instead smile at Manon, "Never mind."

"Just ignore me and enjoy the game," I say to her, and zone out.

I mean, I should've had it coming.

He's popular, he's dated. He has a bunch of girls waiting in line. I guess I was too busy annoying him, to even cut in front of the line.

I just want him to be happy.

He deserves it after all. Not some dumb blonde like me.

I guess, I kind of only hung out with him... was because he was friends with Cole.

And Manon liked Cole. So I told myself, I'd make them fall in love.

It's kind of funny if you would.

I had everything I wanted in front of me the whole time.

I feel... numb. Just thinking about him being with someone else, is making me feel numb.

Oh god, what am I doing? I'm being too dramatic for heaven sakes. I'm just being too dramatic...

Someone get me an award for best drama actress.

The game went by, and I didn't even pay attention. I don't even know who won. I mean this is nothing new but still.

I stand up along with others as they clap their hands. Nova and Cole high five each other, before Nova starts to scan the crowds as if he searching for someone.

The girl from earlier sways her hips while walking up to him but I looked away before I could see anything.

"Frost? You okay?" Manon asks with a concerned look. I shrug my shoulder and hear Nova's voice calling my name. But... for some reason I don't turn.

"I'll be fine... I uh... I'm going to go take a walk... Clear my head," I say and begin to quickly walk away.

"But it's raining!" Manon exclaims with panic, "Frost wait! Let me come with you-"

I briefly turn around, "I'll- I'll be fine! I'll call you later!" I say to her, pushing open the doors and running out.

What are you doing? Go back and tell Nova-

Can you shut up?

I look up at the dark sky, the rain clouding my vision.

The rain isn't heavy, so I have nothing to worry about... But I still feel my stomach churning at the feeling of the drops pelting me. I frown and start letting my feet lead me away. My hair begins sticking to my face, and my clothes become drenched.

The rain is cold. It isn't hot, or warm.

It's just cold.

I was wandering around for a good twenty minutes before I felt a presence behind me, and I turn around, somewhat hoping it's Nova.

Maybe we could talk...

Through the rain, I see Adrian and my heart sinks.

"Look... I-I don't want anything to do with you, right now." I say to him.

He rolls his eyes, taking a puff of his cancer stick. "I guess pretty boy broke that little heart of yours? Guess your mine now,"

"I don't belong to anyone. I belong to myself, and that's that," I scoff and turn back around, walking away. I wrap my arms around me for comfort. Adrian jogs up to me and slings an arm around me. I shrug it off like it's a disease.

"Why don't you go, before I shove my foot so far up your ass, you won't be able to walk for weeks." I snarl and glare at him, feeling genuine rage.

"You're a weirdo, okay? Leave me alone and quit following me!" I yell. Suddenly, his features darken, and a hand goes up and I feel a stinging sensation on my cheek.

It took me a few moments to actually register what happened.

He slapped me.

Oh my god... Adrian slapped me.

As I stand there, my mouth open in shock, he flicks his cancer stick on me and pushes me to the ground. "Act like a bitch, get slapped like a bitch."

"You're gonna be mine whether you want to or not," he growls.

I watch him walk away before my hand flew up to my cheek. The stinging sensation was still there, and I'm pretty sure it was red. Tears begin welding up in my eyes, and quiet sobs escapes me. I sit on the ground, crying like a baby. The cold rain was making me become numb.

Maybe that's what I am. A big baby. I mean, I act like one.

As I continue crying, a familiar voice stops me.

"Matthews! Matthews where the hell are you!" I faintly hear in the distance.

I frown as Nova approaches me with a pissed off look. He yanks me up, "Where the fuck have you been?!" he yells while pulling me undercover. He pushes me so I'm not in the rain, and that's when I notice he's soaked.

Was he looking for me?

I shrug my trembling shoulders, "I dunno."

He rears back with disbelief, "Don't give me that bullshit. Why did you leave? Where the hell were you?"

"I said I don't know," I reply quietly, "Nova please leave me alone..."

"Do you know how worried you made us Manon wouldn't tell me where you went, and you wouldn't answer your damn phone!" he yells. I swallow the lump in my throat and cower down.

I don't think I've ever seen him this mad.

"Since when did you need to know about everything I do?" I question and he scoffs.

"Are you fucking stupid? You're out in the rain when you know you are afraid of it!" he yells again and I look down. I feel my phone buzz and I fish it out.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey your mom's water broke or whatever, and dad is taking her to the hospital," Nailia says calmly, "And I'm kind of panicking because I don't know what to do,"

"Um..." I sniffle, "Okay, um, deep breaths alright?"

"Who is that?" Nova asks and I ignore him.

"Uh... I'll uh... I'm on my way." I say in barely a whisper. I hang up and look at Nova.

"I... I got to go.." I say to him, walking past him.

"I'm not done talking to you!" he shouts.

I whip around, finally snapping, "Well I am! Stop acting like my dad! I'd rather hear him scold me than you,"

"Fine. Don't talk to me then. You shouldn't have left," he growls before stomping away.

"Fine! Don't expect to hear from me," I yell and walk away as well.

That's fine by me.

I arrived at the hospital in under ten minutes.

I jog up to the front desk, my shoes squeaking.

"Hello. How may I help you?" the lady at the computer smiles at me.

"My ma is giving birth right now," I explain and she types on her computer.

"What's her name?"

"Denisse Matthews. Denisse with two S's." I answer and tap my fingers.

I wanted to be there for her. And now I'm missing the most important moment of my life. All because of stupid high school drama.

"Alright. She's on floor two, room 3A." she explains and I jog away, muttering a 'thank you'. I run into the elevator, panting.

Once I got onto floor two, I began searching for room 3A.

"Ma?" I bolt into 3A to find nurses and a doctor crowded around my mom.

"Frost," dad grabs my hand and squeezes it, for once he's being genuine. Mom's screams die down and are replaced with a baby's cry.

Great. I missed it. I missed everything.

"It's a girl!" a young nurse exclaims. I push my way through the nurses, and see my mom covered in sweat. She pants heavily.

"Hey ma," I weakly smile at her and grab her hand. She smiles back and lies her head down. Her hand immediately warms up my cold one.

I watch as a nurse puts my baby sister in my mom's arms. "Hey, little me," I whisper with teary eyes.

"Oh honey," mom breathlessly says.

"What are you going to name her?" Nailia asks, surprisingly not on her phone.

"August. August Lynn Matthews."

"Hey, I thought you were going to name her D-"

"I changed my mind," mom cuts me off with a weak laugh. I nod, understanding.

"Welcome to our weird family, August," I say over the infants crying.

"She looks just like you ma," I say, "Except for the nose, of course."

Dad left with Nailia to go get snacks. Mom asked me why I was soaking wet, and I said I walked here. I dried off with a towel a nurse gave me, and I hung my jacket up to dry. They took the baby to clean her up or whatever. I don't know how hospitals work.

"Where's Nova and them?" mom asks as dad and Nailia walk in. I shrug my shoulders as Nailia hands me a bag of Doritos.

"Whew, I think between you and August, you were harder to push out." mom laughs and I give her a small smile.

"You know what they say, apples and oranges."

"That is not what it means..."

•.•

"She spied on our lives, through the little doll's eyes, and saw that we weren't happy,"

My eyes droop tiredly as I watch Coraline. Mom, and dad snore loudly and Nailia's face is lit up by her phone. She smiles at something, before chuckling.

I pull out my phone, and frown at the ten missed calls from Nova, from earlier. I check the time and see it's only eleven p.m.

God, I'm tired. I can barely keep my eyes open. But... now I'm hungry.

Like always.

"I'm going to go get a snack, want anything?" I whisper to Nailia. She shakes her head no. I force myself up out of the comfortable position and stretch.

I hate that one moment when you're in the most comfortable position, and then you have to get up.

I walk out of the room without waking my parents up. I get down to the first floor, and to my surprise, I see Cole standing with Kai and Iris.

I wave at them, "Hi guys. What are you doing here?"

I can't say that I'm not surprised Nova isn't here.

"We just came by to see how you were doing," Cole explains and pulls me into a side hug.

"Where's Manon?" I ask as I pat his back.

"Talking to Nova. Well, more like yelling at him," he explains and I go to hug my babies.

It feels like I haven't seen them in forever.

"Hello, my little midgets! I missed you guys," I say to them as I squeeze the life out of them. They both giggle and make my heart melt.

"Anyways, how's your mom holding up?" Cole asks while following me to the vending machine.

"She's doing fine," I say, putting in two dollars to get a bag of Skittles. "She's passed out though,"

I watch the Skittles fall down, and I grab them. I rip open the package and start eating them.

I'm a sucker for junk food.

"I know," Cole shifts on his feet and looks down. I raise a brow and tilt my head to the side.

"You know what?" I ask and frown.

"You... like Nova."

"I'm pretty sure everyone knows," I reply sarcastically. He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"I've known Nova for my whole life. He's my brother. And when you disappeared... I haven't seen him that scared in years." he states and follows me to the lounge.

I sigh, "I have my reasons for leaving and at this point, I don't care how scared he was." I plop down on a chair and pick up a Rubix cube. I have always hated these things. Like, they're so hard to solve. And they actually make the cogs in my brain turn.

"Yeah but you scared the shit out of all us," he says while sitting down. Kai and Iris sit down as well.

"I can't help if my face is scary," I joke, trying to lighten the mood. Cole chuckles, shaking his head.

"When he stops throwing a tushy tantrum, I'll talk to him." I state, "And until then, I'll be spending time with my ma, and opening gifts."

"Tushy tantrum?"

"Yes. A tushy tantrum."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all.

Sorry if this chapter is sucky/choppy/short, i have the flu but i still typed for y'all

I just fangirled over Tom Holland saying "oh my god, it's robertdowneyjr"

Yes. I am a female.

Well technically I am an Ironman bc Fe= Iron...

Don't question my knowledge.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

...please..

Lots of pizza🍕❤

-_xXUnicornSlayerXx_

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

3.8M 121K 75
Olivia Charles is an apprehensive, quiet girl who tries to do everything right. She has low confidence and low self esteem. Getting teased daily by h...
1.4M 33.3K 41
It was simple. He was my brother's ex-bestfriend and now enemy. I was supposed to stay away from him. I was supposed to be loyal to my brother and av...
581K 14.1K 38
❝Princess, this world's main characters are you and me.❞ She's so broken, fragile, lonely, and helpless. He's too. She's hiding it behind her ch...
66.7K 2.7K 37
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.