The Startled Princess

By Bellaaa_

[PRINCESS HOURS FAN FICTION] "So you're saying that my grandfather and Prince Seth's grandfather arranged our... More

♕ Chapter 1
♕ Chapter 2
♕ Chapter 3
♕ Chapter 4
♕ Chapter 5
♕ Chapter 6
♕ Chapter 7
♕ Chapter 8
♕ Chapter 9
♕ Chapter 10
♕ Chapter 11
♕ Chapter 12
♕ Chapter 13
♕ Chapter 14
♕ Chapter 15
♕ Chapter 16
♕ Chapter 17
♕ Chapter 18
♕ Chapter 19
♕ Chapter 20
♕ Chapter 21
♕ Chapter 23
♕ Chapter 24
♕ Chapter 25
♕ Chapter 26
♕ Chapter 27
♕ Chapter 28
♕ Chapter 29
♕ Chapter 30
♕ EPILOGUE

♕ Chapter 22

83.2K 1.6K 217
By Bellaaa_

"Alex, I can't do this," Rose whispered and the only thing in her mind was Seth. How much she love him and now, it was clear to her that she was in love with him. Alex put his hands on her neck, gazing into her eyes. "I just want you to know the truth, Rose. That's all," he said. 

He leaned closer to her and his lips touched hers. He kissed her with everything he had and sparks flash and sizzle around him. He closed his eyes, his hands were all over behind her waist and he never knew what pure lust was until he kissed Rose. 

Pang!

Alex let her go when he heard the sound of broken glass. He craned his neck and saw Seth, stunned to see them. His face was pale and numbless - now, he'll know how he felt when Seth was with Rose.

"No, no, Seth!" Rose shouted and she pushed Alex away from her, heading towards Seth. "It's not like what you think, seriously, let me explain," tears started to traill down her face and she held his arm.

Seth looked sharply at her and shoved her hand. "Explain? What? You accidentally kissed him?" he said, raising his voice. His blood pressure increased and he couldn't control his anger.

"No, Seth, please," Rose begged. Seth shook his head. "I never thought you'd do this to me," he drawled and walked away from there. He couldn't see her face, it's just too painful. Rose cried and glanced at Jessica - she was smiling proudly. She'll deal with her later.

"Seth, wait!" she screamed and chased him. The dark clouds started to fill in the sky and a thunder clashed, making things worst for both of them. Rose put off her high heels and left them behind - she didn't care about anything else. She only cared about him and her explanation. Seth walked towards their limo with his broken heart. The rain started to pour down heavily so he sped up his walking.

"Seth," Rose managed to grab his arm when he was about to enter the limo. "I'm sorry," she said and it came from the core of heart. Seth stared on her. "Sorry? Is that all you could say? You think sorry is enough?" he ranted.

"I didn't mean it. I didn't kiss him back,"

"It's still the same, Rose! I thought you're different! I thought you're something special and there's no one like you!" Seth raved before he paused, looking down. "And the most disgusting thing is I started to love you and I couldn't stop thinking about you," he said in disgust and hatred. 

Rose gasped, disbelieving on what she just said. "What?" she asked and her heart clenched. "Love me?" 

"Yes, I started to love you, Rose Humprey!" he assured in an angry tone. "You know what? That's the most disgusting thing I've ever did! You're the same as those girls outside there or maybe you're worst than them!" 

"Don't say that,"

"What? Isn't it true? You're a whore! I hate you more than anything, Rose Humprey!" he shouted, releasing all his anger. He held her shoulders and another thunder flashed. "I hate you. You hear that? I hate you, Rose," he croaked, shaking her shoulders and refraining himself from crying.

"I'm sorry," was all Rose could say. "I'm really sorry, Seth," she cried and she looked into his eyes. Even though it was raining, she could tell that tears was dropping from his eyes. She didn't know that he cared that much. Rose always thought that Seth hated her.

Seth released her and ran his hand through his wet hair. He screamed as he was so hurt and he didn't know how to ease the pain. He glanced at Rose and bit his lips. "I hate you," he said wholeheartedly and then he got into the limo. 

"Seth, please, listen to me," Rose tapped on the window with hope that he would open the door. The limo started to leave her behind. "Seth! Please!" she begged and chased the limo as far as she could go but it was too fast.

"I love you..." she screamed before she fell on her kness - crying. She watched the limo leaving the hotel and the rain was pouding heavily.

"Rose!" Alex shouted as he was running towards her. He pulled her up. "It's raining. You'll get sick," he said but Rose refused to get up.

"I don't want to loose him," she cried and sobbed. Alex closed his eyes and realised that he was wrong. Rose was even more hurt now - and it was all because of him and Jessica. They've planned this.

"Please, you'll get sick," he begged and tried his best to pull her up. "I'll explain to Seth what happened. I promise," he vowed. Rose looked down and shook her head. "I hurt him, Alex. I've never seen him that mad. I hurt him," 

"No, it's my fault. I kissed you," Alex said, shaking her shoulders. "Rose, please, we have to go now. I'll send you to the castle," he pleaded. Rose sighed, her body was weakening and she knew that she'll have fever in no time. Alex put off his coat and wrapped it around her with hope that she wouldn't be cold. "Let's go," he carried her by her shoulders and they headed for his car. 

~~

 "But sire, you can't leave the castle without the King's permission," Mr Jameson tried to stop Seth. He threw his suitcase onto the bed and took out all his clothes from his cupboard. "Sire, please, can you at least tell me where are you going?" Mr Jameson continued, pleading. Seth tossed everything into his suitcase and closed it. 

"Paris," Seth told him and he changed into a white V-neck shirt. His tuxedo was damp and he was having a headache because of the rain. Mr Jameson was taken aback. "Paris? But, sire. Where's Princess Rose? Isn't she supposed to be with you?" he asked weirdly.

"She's not coming with me," he said and his heart clenched as he recalled everything that he saw just now. "Don't tell anyone that I'm going to Paris. Even Rose," he instructed. He carried his suitacase out from his bedroom. 

"Where are you going?" Alex asked when they bumped into each other and he was carrying Rose by his arms. Seth glanced at them and saw Rose was sleeping - she looked sick. "None of your business," he said sharply and tried to stop worrying about Rose. He made his way out from the building but then Alex called for him. "Rose wasn't guilty. I forced her and she never kissed me back," he said.

Seth stopped but then he shook his head. No, she's still guilty. She wasn't suppose to leave him in the ballroom. He ignored Alex and walked out from the building, heading towards the limo. Seth needed to get away from here. He needed some time to be alone. 

~~

 ♫ Seth in Paris ♫

He looked out from his hotel room balcony - the Eifel Tower appeared beautiful in the morning and the sun had risen. Seth closed his eyes, trying to forget everything but he just couldn't. He didn't know that Rose could hurt him this much. He thought he only liked her, but no- he's in love with her.

He was standing here, alone in Paris. Just like he wished for. His phone never stopped ringing as everyone in the castle was searching for him. Seth tried to stop thinking about Rose and how sick she looked last night. He wanted to call her and ask her if she's alright. But then, he remembered that Alex could take care of her and she was probably having the best time in her life with Alex. He clenched his fist and looked down.

"Stop thinking," Seth said to himself. "You're acting stupid," he squeezed his forehead to ease his headache. His hotel room door was knock and he wondered who was it. Did people from the castle managed to detect him? And did Mr Jameson told them where he was? Out of curiousity, he walked towards the door and opened it slowly.

Infront of the door, stood a familiar teenage girl whom he'd known for more than five years. The girl who took his heart for the first time - his first love. She gave him a warm smile but surprisingly, it didn't make him feel better like it always did. He stared on her for a second as he didn't know what to say.

Knowing that he was surprise to see her, the girl started to talk. "Can I come in?" she asked softly with hope that Seth would allow her. He hesitated and refused to open the door at first. "What are you doing here, Jess?" he asked and still, didn't sound any friendlier. His plan to be alone in this country was crush with her presence.

"I'm worried about you," she said concernly. "What Rose did is unacceptable. I told you she's not as good as you think but you've never listened to me," Jessica ranted. Seth raised a hand, stopping her from talking. "Jessica, please. I don't want to hear her name. If you're here just to mock her and provoke her, I don't want to listen to it," he said in a weak tone.

Jessica put her hand on his forhead - it was burning. "You're having fever. Have you eaten your medicine?" she asked. Seth shoved her hand and shook his head. "How'd you know I'm here?" he asked, puzzled. She smiled. "I'm Jessica Harper, Seth. I could search for anyone anytime I want to. Even the Crown Prince was easy to be found," she smirked playfully.

Seth nodded. "Okay, but please, I need time to be alone," he asked kindly. "And please don't tell anyone about this. Even my parents doesn't know I am here,"

"Can you at least let me in?" she asked hopefully. "I need to talk to you and I won't be leaving until you eat something. Look at yourself, Seth," she pointed her hands at him. He hadn't been sleeping last night and he hadn't eat anything. "I'm okay, Jessica," he said but then opened the door a little wider to let her in.

Jessica went into his bedroom and was shock to see it condition. He just checked in last night but the room was a mess. His suitcase was left open and his clothes were crumpled in it. Beer tins scattered on the floor. "What happened in here?" Jessica asked. "Seth, are you okay?" she asked and motioned closer to him.

"I'm fine," Seth lied. "What are you doing here? If you're going to say, I told you so then it's better if you leave. And I don't even want to hear her name," he warned and looked away. Jessica turned his face to look at her. "I'm not here to say that. I'm here for you," she drawled, looking deeply into his eyes. "I'm worried about you and I'm here to cheer you up. Like I always do,"

Her words may sounded pleasant, 5 months ago, but things changed now. Sometimes, he had hoped that he was still in love with her. Jessica is every guy's dream girl - she's smart, pretty, hot and perfect. He could still remember the first time he'd met her in a party and Jessica's charmingness took his heart right away. But now, he felt nothing to her and it surprised him.

"Thanks," he said slowly. "You're the only person who cares about me," he looked down dissapointedly. Seth thought that maybe it's better if he's with Jessica. At least, she cared about him and he could forget Rose. She smiled warmly. "Let's go out. I could show you around Paris. You'll feel better," she offered, trying to cheer him up. 

"Okay," Seth agreed. 

~~

"Seth...."

"Princess," Madam Hartford motioned towards Rose and sat on the bed. "Do you need anything?" she asked concernly and touched her forehead. Rose was having a bad fever and her eyes swollen. She tried to get up but Hartford stopped her. "Don't, Princess. You're still sick. You need to rest," she said firmly but Rose ignored her and she sat on the bed.

"I want to see Seth, please," she cried and gave a hopeful look at Madam Hartford. "Where's he?" she squeezed her hand. Madam Hartford looked down and didn't know what to say. She didn't have the heart to tell her that Seth left the castle. "Prince Seth.." she trailed off.

"What? Where is he?" Rose asked and gripped her hand. "Please, Madam Hartford. Where's he? I need to apologize to him," she croaked and her head was spinning. The face of the angry Seth had been haunting her. She could still remember his lifeless and dissapointed expression. "Madam..." she begged.

"The Crown Prince is missing. We don't know where he'd gone to. But don't you worry, we're doing our best to find him," Hartford explained, looking directly into Rose brown eyes.

"What? Is he alright? Please tell me that he's okay," tears were trailing down heavily in her cheeks. Rose wouldn't forgive herself if something happened to him. 

"I'm sure he's fine, my Lady. You need to eat something. You're very weak," Madam Hartford stressed and hot tears was filling in her eyes. She'd care about Rose like her own sister and it was painful to see her sick and weak like that.

"Yes, Princess. You need to rest," Alexa sobbed and she was standing infront of the door with Daphne and Mr Jameson. "Princess, I'm sure Prince Seth will be back," Daphne tried to coax her and they both were crying. 

"What they're saying is true, my Lady and I will try my best to call Prince Seth. I'm sure he's fine and capable of taking care of himself," Mr Jameson added, bowing down. "But I can't just sit here. I need to talk to him. Can you make a call for me?" Rose begged and her body was getting weaker. She shook her head and her vision blurred.

"Princess, are you alright?" Hartford asked and held her shoulder. She craned her neck to Daphne and Alexa. "Go and get the doctor," she instructed in a panic tone. Daphne and Alexa nodded and ran out from the bedroom, rushing to call the door. Rose's condition was getting worser. "Please, Mr Jameson. Can you call him?" Rose begged and tried her best to stay strong.

Mr Jameson looked down, trying to find for the right word to inform her. "We have been trying to call him, my Lady but it seems like he refuse to pick up the calls," he told her the bad news. "I won't stop trying to get to him. For now, you need to rest and I promise you that I'll inform you if Prince Seth answer the phone," he assured.

"He's right, Princess. Please, you're condition is getting worser," Madam Hartford pleaded. "The doctor will be checking on you again," she stroked Rose's hair. Rose nodded slowly and lay back on the bed. She closed her eyes even though she knew that she wouldn't be getting any decent sleep.

~~

Seth and Jessica walked around Paris and she was having fun. Jessica took his hand and they were walking while holding hands. "Let's go there. I heard they make the best ice-cream," she pulled his hand, heading towards the ice-cream vendor. She got double rocky for herself and double cherry scoop for Seth without even asking him what he wanted. She knew everything about him. 

She passed Seth's cone to him. "There," she said, smiling. Seth smiled and stared on it. Jessica did know what he liked. "Thanks," he said and they continued to walk in the park. Seth knew that he wasn't supposed to walk with a girl other than his wife in public. But at that moment, he couldn't even think properly. He didn't even care what people would say about him - a married man walking in the park, holding hands with another girl.

"Stop thinking," Jessica said when she noticed that Seth was pensieving. "You told me that you want to forget everything that happened in Andorra," she licked her ice-cream. Seth smiled weakly. "It's not that easy," he blurted. "Yes, but you gotta try. It's just Rose Humprey, Seth," Jessica convinced. 

"I thought I told you that I don't want to hear that name," Seth said. Jessica sighed. "Okay. I'm sorry. It's just that I never thought that you'll care this much," she said in a dissapointed tone. "Like she's really important to you,"

Seth ignored her and gripped his coat. "I don't know, Jess. I'm confuse," he admitted and recalled everything that happened between him and Rose. The way her laugh and smile and how annoying she could be. Everything about her made him smile. Jessica looked away as she was piss. She calmed herself before she said, "It's nothing. You'll forget her. Trust me," she said, convincing him.

"I hope so," Seth said, almost inaudible. He took out his phone from his coat pocket. "Wow. 50 missed calls," he startled. Most of it came from Mr Jameson and there's none from Rose. "And Rose didn't even call," he failed to hide his dissapointment. 

Jessica smiled pleasingly. "Told you that she didn't care about you. Maybe she's having fun with Alex now that you left Andorra," she said disgustingly. Seth gave a sharp look at her but then he thought back and Jessica was probably right. They stopped walking when they reached infront of the Eifel Tower. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Jessica mused, looking up to the tower. Seth ignored her as he had no mood for any vacation. He came here just to calm himself. "Seth?" she said and held his arms. Seth flickered his eyes to her. "Sorry. I'm just not in the mood, Jessie," he said. 

Jessica placed her hands on his neck. "You need to forget her. I love you and we'll be happy together, Seth. I care about you," she said, looking deeply into him. Seth didn't say anything and didn't do anything stop her. 

"I love you, Seth. I love you so much," Jessica said and she put her forehead against his. She leaned closer and their lips touched. 

_________________________

Firstly, I wanna say thank you to everyone :') Love you guys <3 <3

Next, please comment! I love reading it and I'll be more thrill to write a chapter! Don't forget to vote too! :D 

I cried when I wrote this!  #Fact

The Startled Princess was #28 in teen fiction and #88 in Humor which is for me, a huge achivement so I wanna say thank you :))) It really made my day and night!

Hey you're reading this,

And this is crazy,

but if you love the story,

so fan me maybe? :) lol 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 179 68
Emmet Moore and Annalise Luna were betrothed to each other thirteen years ago. Emma was ten, and Annalise was eight. The families had arranged their...
69.3K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
216K 8.3K 41
"Don't be rude Brat", the jerk husband of mine whispered in my ears. I rolled my eyes but my temper was rising and rising. "You can't wait to kill me...
3.4M 141K 69
An accidental marriage between two people. she was never supposed to be with him, far away from his eyes. An innocent soul got wrapped in his hatred...