Chasing Isla ✔

By RoseCarter501

After witnessing her boyfriend being murdered, fifteen year old Isla Mills instantly becomes his killers next... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 40

3.4K 126 47
By RoseCarter501

"Why my house?" I question.

"Where else would we do it?" Kyle points out as we walk through the cafeteria with our trays.

Kyle and I are on good terms for once in our friendship. We're both pretending like that night didn't happen.

"Uh, your house" I suggest.

We always do everything at his house. What's changed?

"My sister has the chicken pox" he informs.

Okay fair enough then.

"Than why not Willows?" I ask.

He parents work and her older siblings are in college I think.

"Too far" he tells us. "We only go there if we absolutely have to"

I roll my eyes "Lauras?"

"Snobby parents" she shakes her head.

"Tommy?" I raise my brows.

"Too depressing" Kyle says.

Probably because his brother is in the hospital and his parents work a lot to pay off his medical bills.

"Elys?" I question causing Kyle to cock a brow "not Elys" I shake my head as remembering his complicated family life "fine" I give in.

"Superbowl Sundays at the Fitzgerald's" Kyle announces as we drop our trays on to our usual table.

"What?" Thomas looks up with concerned eyes.

"Good cause there was no way you guys were coming to my place," Willow says. "My family act like crack addicts on Superbowl Sunday"

I chuckle. Well okay then.

"I don't have a problem with it as long as you guys supply the food," Thomas tells them.

"We'll need to ask dad" I remind him.

Hank probably won't have an issue with it, but it might be werid for him having some of his students at his home.

"He won't have a problem with it" Thomas flashes me an annoying smile as holding Willow's hand.

He's showing PDA out of spite. Why does he want to make me angry? I clench my jaw as pulling out my cell phone, which I hide under the table from my friends.

Meet me in the janitors closet in two mins

I send to Kyle.

"I need to use the little girl's room" I stand up as Kyle's phone makes a noise.

***

"Wow" Kyle pulls away from me.

I press my index finger against my lips "shhh" I smirk as peaking my head out the door. I shut the door quietly "keep your voice down"

"That was incredible" he leans towards me, as an attempt to kiss me.

"These are the rules" I whisper as placing my hand on his chest "no kissing, or cuddling, or whatever...when we're apart its as though nothing's happened so tell no one...this is purely a friend's with benefits situation...no feelings are involved...got it?"

He smirks before nodding his head "So this is strictly fun?"

"Every mans dream, right?" I raise a brow.

I need to distress and this is the only way I know how.

"Just like that? No strings?" Kyle questions.

"None what so ever" I smile as peaking my head out the janitors closet "wait two minutes before coming out" with that, I exit the closet and begin walking down the hallway.

Kyle seems like the perfect distraction right? I enter the girl's bathroom where I fix my hair in the mirror. Suddenly I hear noises from one of the cubical.

"Uuhh ahh" the girl cries.

The noises sounded as if she were throwing up.

"Hey, are you okay in there?" I furrowed my brows as I hear the toilet flush and the door swing open.

I watch as Laura wipes her mouth as walking towards the sink beside me. Why was Laura throwing up in the bathroom?

"Peachy," she says as rinsing her mouth with cold water from the sink.

"What, was it something you ate?" I question.

"No, it's just a fetus" she says simply.

I pause. I'm taken back my her comment. Is she serious right now?

"What?" My eyes widen as she wipes her mouth with a paper towel.

"I'm late" Laura says simply.

"Oh my god Laura" I take a step towards her "Are you sure? Have you been to a doctor?"

"Yes" she cries "I'm one thousand per cent positive"

"And it's Jakes?" I ask.

She has been seeing Jake Garcia for months now.

"Of course it is" she cries.

"Does he know?" I force myself to ask.

"No" she shakes her head.

She needs to tell him. As the father of the baby he deserves to know. Liam found out the day that I did.

"You need to tell him, Laura" I encourage.

"Why? I mean it's not like there's anything that he needs to know about" she tells me.

I blink in confusion. "What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well I'm getting rid of it" she shrugs "obviously"

"You're you're what?" I stutter.

"Tomorrow I'm going to the clinic and everything will go back to normal" Laura explains.

"Have you thought about this? I mean really thought about it?" I ask.

"Of course I have" she sighs "...I need someone to go with me..."

There's no way I can go with her, for so many reasons. I don't feel comfortable going. I was a parent when I was fifteen years old, if I thought how she did then my precious Lexi wouldn't be here.

I'm not judging her at all. It's really hard being pregnant then giving birth, then eventually raising that child. I just don't think I can go with her.

"I'm sorry" I slowly shake my head "I can't"

"Are you busy?" She asks.

I shake my head "Well no-"

"Are you super religious or something? Oh god is it against your Jewish beliefs?" She questions.

Oh right I forgot my Jewish now.

"No-" I tell her.

"Than what is it?" She asks.

"Maybe you should consider terminating" The nurse recommends as I stand at the hospital.

"Excuse me?" I folded my arms.

"You're only fifteen years old" she points out "you have your entire life ahead of you, you don't know the first thing about raising a child"

"How dare you say that to me!" I screamed at her "it's my body, if I want to keep it then I'm keeping it!"

"At least consider it" the young nurse raises a brow judgmentally. "If not then at least consider adoption"

"No, I will not" I argued.

"You really should" she suggested.

"This baby is the only family that I have left! My parents just died, you were in that room and you have the audacity to tell me what do with my body!" I cried.

"A baby will hold you back in life Isla and will prevent you from reaching your full potential" she explained.

"I have no one! You hear me! You have no idea what it feels like to watch everyone that you have ever loved die! So maybe instead of judging me for my actions, and telling me that I can't handle the responsibility of raising my own child, you should reevaluate your own life you judgmental little bitch" I began to walk away from the nurse.

"At least I'm not a whore" she mutters.

I turned around as swinging my fist at her face.

"I just feel uncomfortable that's all" I explaijn.

"You think I'm making a mistake is that it?" She raises her voice.

"What I think isn't a factor here-" I start.

"I need to do this Emma!" She yells "I'm seventeen years old! I can't have a child-"

"Laura-" I sigh.

"I'm going to Harvard this fall! that's the plan! That's always been the plan!" Tears run down her cheeks "I need to do this!"

She sounds as if she's trying to convince herself that she's doing the right thing. Laura has made a mental pros and con's list like she always does. She knows what she's got to do.

"Okay" I nod fearfully.

"I'm supposed to go to Harvard! Just as my father did! Just as his father did, and just like every man in the Carter family! I'm seventeen years old Emma! I can't have a child! Don't you dare judge me!" She screams.

"I'm not-" I shake my head.

"Don't you dare judge me! You have no idea what I'm going through so don't you dare judge me!" Tears stream down her cheeks as she shoots me a dangerous glare.

"Your right" I bite my tongue "I have no idea what it's like being pregnant at seventeen"

I could tell her. I could say that I got pregnant at fifteen then I could make up some bullshit about what happened to the baby. But I won't, because Hank said that Emma Fitzgerald is a normal teenager whom has never been pregnant. I can't change my story.

"Exactly!" She screams "so you know what, don't come! I don't want you there! I'll ask Willow!"

With that, she storms off. I release a deep breath. I glare at my reflection where I see my brown hair and brown eyes.

"Jesus" I sigh.

***

"What did you tell her?" I question as Willow approaches me as I stand near the bleaches.

I don't need to specify what I'm talking about, I presume that she already know.

"I explained that my biological mother didn't want me...and if she did think how Laura's thinking now than I wouldn't be here...so I couldn't support her decision" Willow nods

"We're the worst friends, aren't we?" I sigh.

We should be there for her but neither of us can bring ourselves to do it. Having a child is hard work, I get that. She has big dreams and I can understand why she's doing it. I just don't want her to have any regrets.

"I can't believe she got herself knocked up" Willow shakes her head "I thought she was the smart one"

"Yeah neither can I" I admit.

"So what chu doing hanging out by the bleaches?" Willow asks as I glare at the field to see Ely with the rest of the football team "uh I get it"

Maybe I came here to feel closer to my friend. He's been avoiding me for far too long.

"We haven't talked since the winter carnival" I admit "he doesn't sit with us at lunch anymore...I just...miss him...that's all"

"....can I ask you something?" She starts slowly.

I always get nervous when someone starts like that.

My heart rate increases as I look out onto the field "sure" I nod hesitantly.

"Why don't you like me dating your brother?" She questions "is it me? Do you think he can do better?"

Can he do better? Uh hell no.

I shoot my head up "what? No," I sigh "you can do better" I blurt out .

"Me?" She's taken back by my statement.

"Look, you may think that you know him" I furrowed my brows "but I can guarantee you that you don't"

She deserves so much better then Thomas. she doesn't even know his real name. He's being incredibly selfish, I thought that after what happened last time he would know better.

"What are you running from?" She forces her self to ask.

I fall completely silent. Immediately I feel nauseous as my heart beats faster then it has ever before.

My eyes widen "excuse me?"

"I know your family are running from something," she tells me "that's why you've lived in four different states in the last two years....you have no art or photos hung on the walls in your house because you need to be able to pick up and leave at a moments notice... Why?"

I ask my next question fearfully "What has he told you?" I say at almost a whisper.

Tears begin to surface. Pull yourself together Isla.

"That you and your dad are the only family that he has left....everybody else has been taken away from him...what did he mean by that?" Willow asks slowly.

That's something that Hank, Thomas, and I have in common. We are all each other has. Everybody else has been taken away.

"Look Willow" I attempt to steady my voice "if you were smart you would run as far away from my brother as possible....because take it from me....nothing good comes from falling in love with one of us"

"....what are you running from?" She repeats.

I look into her genuinely concerned eyes that are filled with fear. I remember the last person who looked at me like that.

"Sarah" I gasped as dropping to my knees.

I removed my jacket before pressing it against her bleeding stomach.

"I got here early" she struggled to smile as laying in a pool of her own blood, with salty tears rolling down her cheeks, "your brother told me to meet him here at six for dinner...but I came early"

"You're going to be okay Sarah" I assured as pulling out my cell phone "I need to call an ambulance" tears streamed down my face.

"Don't bother" my best friend struggled to speak as her face grew paler. "Just tell me one thing-"

"Don't talk" I begged "I'm going to get you help"

"No Cara" she begged. "Just tell me this... Why?"

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"Why me?" She struggled to speak. "Why did that man attack me?"

"Because he's trying to kill my dad and brother" I admitted to her. "Look it's a long story Sarah...please just let me call an ambulance"

"I don't have a lot of time Cara....just tell me" Sarah cried.

"We're in the Witness Protection program....and that guy who attacked you, his mission is to kill my dad and brother....now please Sarah let me call an ambulance-"

"No" she announced "this is it"

"No Sarah-" I shook my head violently.

"This is it" her eyes grew with terror.

"Sarah don't shut your eyes!" I screamed as loud as could.

"Cara-" she released her final breath before her eyes shut.

"Sarah!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"You don't need to know what" I gulp "....ask Jacob about his last girlfriend... Sarah Woods" I tell her before walking away.

***

Suddenly the door bell rang. Superbowl Sunday came around quickly.

"I'll get it," I tell them as opening the front door.

"Hi," laura smiles as standing in front of me.

"It's Laura," Thomas tells the rest as entering the living room.

"Did you-" I start.

"Yeah" she nods "its done"

She went through with it. I nod slowly as wrapping my arms around her.

"Still friends?" I sob.

"Still friends" she agrees as we enter my home.

We sit on the couch beside, Willow, Thomas, Kyle, and Tommy.

"Do you have room for one more?" A voice asks about entering the living room.

"You're watching the Superbowl with us?" Thomas glances at Hank who stands in his dark jeans and button-up shirt.

"I would never dream of missing the Superbowl" he smiles as taking a seat on the couch.

"So we're all here?" Tommy questions.

"Well, Ely isn't" I point out.

I haven't spoken to him in so long. I just want work whatever this is out.

"He'll get over it" Laura assures me. I look down at my hands "Don't worry he will, I promise"

I doubt it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 51 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
41.6K 7K 44
[Featured on @Mystery's Bright Young Minds Reading List] [Bootcamp Mentorship Winner '22] This Valentine's Day, Cupid gets a little deadly. *** When...
1.1M 23.7K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...