The Color of Death is Blue

By KutieKitty16

The finest assassin in the country-Keith Kogane-and a pitiful boy with a deadly curse-Lance McClain-find them... More

Prolouge: The Son of Death
The Hellhound
The Handler
The Pilot
The Song
The Beautiful Dark Blue
The Cake
The Gun
The Plan
The Lovely Memories
The Torture
The Shot
The Child of Life
Preview: The Color of Life is Red

The Finest Assassin

6.7K 268 121
By KutieKitty16

This is a routine hit, don't do anything stupid.

Keith heard the monotone, yet snarky deep voice sound through his earpiece. He sat crouched behind a tree in the dim moonlight that filtered through the branches. Cool air ran through his coal hair as he watched over his shoulder at the grand mansion behind him. Sporting his all black combat outfit and gun of choice, he replied to the message with a smirk. "You and I both know that's my style."

Just don't get yourself killed. Now what's the status?

Keith scanned the dark, empty windows through his night vision. He huffed in confusion, "Shiro, are you sure Mr. Bigman is home right now?"

The tracker we placed confirms Mr. Tailour's location. Why? Is something wrong?

Keith squinted his eyes, straining to catch a glimpse of any movement, "I don't have visual."

Where are the servants at the moment?

Keith rolled his eyes, "No- like, I don't have visual on anyone. The whole mansion is dark- on all three floors."

There was a long pause, This seems sketchy, you should abort mission and head back to base.

Keith pulled his head back and leaned his back against the trunk of the tree. He furrowed his brows, "No, let's continue."

Keith. They may know you're coming. It's too risky. Abort mission. Now.

Keith smirked, "No can do, boss." He switched off the earpiece, switching to a solo mission. He slid his back up the tree as he stood, mocking Shiro, "Come back, it's too dangerous!" He chuckled, "I'll do whatever I damn well please."

Keith took a look over his shoulder one more time, then carefully made his way towards the front door, stopping to hide behind various shelter. After reaching a bush to the side of the front door, he scanned the yard. No movement. It was eerily quiet for a mansion housing that many people. Keith checked his watch. And it's much too early for any of them to be in bed. After taking a few more glances, confirming he wasn't spotted, he suck up to the big glass door. Keith stopped again and pressed his ear to the wood. Nothing. He took a confused breath and reached for the handle. Much to his surprise, it was unlocked.

Something is off. He replaced the earpiece and switched it back on. "Shiro, the door is unlocked. I'm heading in."

Keith! I told you to abort!

He rolled his eyes and adjusted his grip on his gun, "Well, I'm not doing that, so just fucking help me."

Shiro took a long aggravated breath, Alright, go. We can't detect any movement after doing a scan, but be extremely careful. You may not be alone.

"Roger that," he smiled with satisfaction and pushed open the door with his shoulder, bringing his gun up to direct his gaze. Just like the outside, the whole mansion was dark, so Keith stuck to his night vision. Directly across from the door was a set of overly wide marble stairs leading to the second floor. To the right was a blackened entryway into a large room. To the left was a large painting of a black Pomeranian, and the white wall was lined with various brown doors.

Keith inched his way up the stairs, scanning every inch as he walked. He couldn't catch sight of anything until he reached the top of the stairs. On the last step, he stared down the long hallway in front of him. Other than the moonlight casting window marks on the carpet, there was a small black figure on the floor, curled around a corner. After a moment of standing, waiting for it to move, he dropped his gun. "Shiro," he whispered.

What is it Keith?

He raised his gun again and started toward the dark mass, "I have visual on something. Unsure of what it is yet. Heading towards it. No movement detected."

Understood. We still aren't getting any readings, so proceed.

After inching his way forward a few steps, Keith relaxed and lowered his gun, walking normally, but continuing to check over his shoulders. After getting halfway there, he was positive of what it was and stopped to place a frustrated hand on his hip, "Shiro, is this an assassin's game?"

No one else was assigned to Mr. Tailour. What are you seeing right now?

Keith tossed his gun on his shoulder and hurried forward lazily, "I've got a body in the second-floor hallway." A man in a black suit lied on the ground, his legs leaked into the hallway. Keith kicked his shoe, "It's definitely a servant."

A servant? Let me check some things. Proceed with caution.

Keith looked up to the man's head and gasped, "Oh my god."

What is it?

The man was unidentifiable. Remnants of his skull and brain were splattered on the floor and blood soaked the carpet. "His head exploded."

There was a chuckle from Shiro on the other end, What?!

Keith slowly raised his eyes to the rest of the hallway that held the servant's top half. He stared in disbelief with furrowed brows.

Keith?! What's going on?

"Shiro..." Keith lowered his voice and inched into the bloody hallway. "Shiro, they're all dead. Every person in this mansion."

The hallway was littered with bodies of various deaths. Some had slices in their throats; others had their brains splattered on the walls; and others clutched their chest, covered in the blood of their coworkers. Something is definitely wrong.

Keith quickened his pace down the hallway, checking every name tag and face for his target. "Shiro, someone was here."

Abort the mission! Now!

Keith ignored him and followed the trial of bodies to the end of the hall, then turned right. He entered a small room with no windows and a poker table in the middle and a bar on the far wall. Four bodies surrounded the table and three reached to a corner of the room. Among the bodies on the floor was none other than Mr. Tailour.

Keith dropped his gun, "Shit. Shiro he's-"

A rustle in the corner of bodies caused Keith to quickly draw his gun and point it towards the noise. Huddled in the corner was a body, hugging their knees and covering their head. Their body shook as if they were cold. Or scared.

Shiro called out, Keith! What's happening?

Keith slowly lowered his gun and leaned toward the shivering body, "Hey, who are you?"

The person jumped at his voice and held up their palms in defense. "Please don't come near me!" It was a guy, and his voice was shaky and desperate, but sweet like honey.

Keith ignored Shiro's calls and walked toward the boy, "Hey, look at me!"

The boy slowly turned his head away from the wall, revealing his frightened, dark eyes. He raised his hands slightly at the sight of Keith's gun.

Keith cocked his head to the side and brought a hand to his hip, "Where's the people that killed them?" He motioned his head to the bodies around the poker table.

The boy looked at the men, then back up at Keith and shook his head.

Keith was starting to get irritated. He hated working with people like that. He audibly sighed, "Listen, I need you to-"

Keith! You're going to have company soon!

"Company?" He finally answered Shiro, "What's their E.T.A?"

Umm...maybe seven minutes.

"Shit!" He ran his gloved fingers through his hair, "I've got a guy here, he's spooked. Possibly a hostage."

Shiro groaned in thought, Ugh, just take him with you and get out of there!

"Take him?" Keith let out an irritated voice, "That's not my job!"

Just get the fuck out of there! Take the boy!

Keith turned his body in frustration,  "Damn it!" He stared at the boy for a moment, then stomped over to yank his arm. He pulled him up, to his resistance.

The boy pulled his arm out of Keith's grasp and covered his face with his hands.

"Damn it! I don't have time for this shit!" Keith wrapped his gun strap around his neck and bent down to grab the boy's legs.

Keith lifted him up and threw him over his shoulder and headed for the door, "Shiro! I'm coming out! Bring the car!"

Keith called out to the struggling boy, "Looks like you're coming with me, Princess!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 1.7K 16
[Klance AU] Lance, the most handsome guy in his small village. Yet he's awfully strange. His head is always in the clouds yet his nose is stuck in b...
65.1K 1.6K 33
Keith and Lance work for a mafia gang, Team Voltron. They aren't known to the public, but are famous among the CIA and the FBI, for their help in spe...
23K 1K 16
β„“Ξ±Ξ½Ρ”ΠΈβˆ‚Ρ”ΡΡ• gяєєи βˆ‚ΞΉβ„“β„“Ρƒ βˆ‚ΞΉβ„“β„“Ρƒ β„“Ξ±Ξ½Ρ”ΠΈβˆ‚Ρ”ΡΡ• Π²β„“Ο…Ρ” уσυ Ρ•Π½Ξ±β„“β„“ ℓσνє ΠΌΡ” βˆ‚ΞΉβ„“β„“Ρƒ βˆ‚ΞΉβ„“β„“Ρƒ fσя ΞΉ ℓσνє уσυ *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧°.+ οΎŸβœ§Β°β€’Β°*:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧ Lance McClain is humble, and he...
100K 2.1K 17
Keith has kept a secret from his friends ever since he joined Voltron, hesitating to leave. But that hesitation is demolished when he and Lance bond...