Animal

By Czarcsm

Myra Mirandinelle Gray is easily sucked into a life she didn't expect after she attends a party for graduatin... More

Animal
Chapter Three: And So We Meet Again...
Chapter Four: Answers
Chapter Five: Him
Chapter Six: Drama
Chapter Seven: Shine
Chapter Eight: Space
Chapter Nine: Devotion
Chapter Ten: In Friends We Trust
Chapter Eleven: The Party & After Party (Part I)
Chapter Twelve: The Party & After Party (Part II)
Chapter Thirteen: Welcome Back... Dad
Chapter Fourteen: Apologies Are For The Weak
Chapter Fifteen: One Day Women Will All Become Monsters
Chapter Sixteen: Take Over, The Break's Over
Chapter Seventeen: Waiting
Chapter Eighteen: Blue Dream
Chapter Nineteen: Confide In Me
Chapter Twenty: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-One: At Last
Chapter Twenty-Two: Don't Let Me Down
Chapter Twenty-Three: In Too Far
Chapter Twenty-Four: I Need You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Diamond
Chapter Twenty-Six: Graduation
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Control
Chapter Twenty-Eight: 28
Chapter Twenty-Nine: August
Chapter Thirty: Dark Moves of Love
Chapter Thirty-One: The Ice Is Getting Thinner
Chapter Thirty-Two: Proud
Chapter Thirty-Three: Paradise
Chapter Thirty-Four: Hallucinations
Chapter Thirty-Five: Red Lipstick
Chapter Thirty-Six: Enough Said
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Animals *Final Chapter*

Chapter Two: Great...

25.5K 797 47
By Czarcsm

Chapter Two: Great…

I sat on this guys table and held my foot out. He poured alcohol on where the glass penetrated my skin. I sucked in a sharp breath of air. He chuckled a little. Is it me or am I the only one who doesn't find having a huge piece of broken glass in their foot humorous? He handed me a towel with a knife.

"You might want to bite down on that." he said. I took it in my mouth and breathed slowly.

"When are you gonna—AAAAHHHHFUCK!" I screamed as he pulled the glass out of my foot. He set it on the counter next to me and cleaned my wound. Soon the pain was bearable and I found myself wanting to talk to him. "Who are you?"

"I was wondering when you'd ask." The guy said as he doctored on my wound.

“Well, are you going to tell me?” I asked after not getting a response from him. He chuckled.

“Why should I tell you?” he asked. I shrugged.

“I dunno, I’d just feel better knowing who saved me from an abnormally large wolf.” I said. “Which makes me wonder, I’m quite sure we didn’t have wolves here.”

“They’re not average wolves, as you said.” He said.

“Are you still gonna tell me who you are?” I asked whining now. “I’ll tell you who I am in exchange.”

“I already know who you are.” He said. I looked confused. “You’re Myra Mirandinelle Aubrianna Gray, sister of the famous Kai Alexander Hector Gray, yeah. I know all about you.”

“Does everyone know who I am because of Kai?” I muttered to myself.

“I don’t know you through, Kai.” He said and wrapped the gauze on my foot.

“I don’t know you at all.” I said.

“I know. You’re only seventeen, I don’t expect you to know who I am.” I looked at him suspiciously.

“What’s that supposed to mean? You’re not that older than me.” I said.

“I’m the same age as your brother, so eh, not so much.” He said. “But still you’re young.”

“What does that have to do with me know who you are?” I asked getting impatient. “You knew I would ask so why don’t you just tell me!”

“Alright, I’ll tell you. Ashton Aziel Silas Devereux.” He said. That was a powerful name.

“What do you do? How do you know my brother? How do you know me?” I asked curious.

“Why do you have so many questions?” he asked me.

“Why don’t you have enough answers?” I countered. He chuckled; his voice was husky and so damn sexy. I couldn’t stop myself from looking him over. He was really attractive. He had jet black hair and light blue-gray eyes, his skin was perfectly tanned, not too dark not too pale—just right, his lips were red, begging to be kissed, his cheek bones were sculpted along with his jaw line. His body you could tell was muscular from the way he fit his suit that he was muscular. Myra likes a man who looks good in a suit. He obviously caught me sizing him up because he said something about it.

“Do you stare at every guy that helps you with your injuries like that?” Ashton asked.

“No, Ash—I can call you Ash right?” I asked.

“No.” he said.

“Well, no Ash, I don’t get injuries, because I don’t get chased by insane misplaced wolves every night I go to a party, and I most definitely don’t intentionally step on empty broken bottles of vodka just so a guy could take me to his place and patch me up.” I said.

“Quite a story.” He said.

“Yep, but you can take me home now.” I said slapping a smile on my face.

“Not gonna happen. It’s 12 am.” He said and got up. “I’ll take you home when the sun rises.”

“Or you could take me home now.” I said.

“Aren’t you tired?” he asked. “You did lose an exceptional amount of blood, so I’m quite sure you are.” I just shrugged.

“I’ll be better when I’m home.” I said.

“It’s not like I’m a pedophile, Myra.” He said and walked off. My stomach tingled at the way he said my name, I wanted to giggle but I held back.

“Where are you going?” I asked. I slid off the counter and followed him using everything around me as a crutch considering I couldn’t quite walk on my foot without high volts of pain stabbing my foot shooting up my leg, yeah, no. I’m not taking those chances. I followed up to the staircase where I just stayed because I knew there was no way I was walking up those stairs the way I thought I could. I sighed and thought of the ways I could actually get up the stairs and it came to me, I’ll slide up them backwards. I mean no one else is here so I don’t have to worry much. I awkwardly sat down on the third step and began to push myself up on each step careful not to bump my foot on the stairs. When I made it to the top I slid back and felt someone’s legs against my back.

“What are you doing?” I heard from behind me, I looked up not bothering to turn around. Sure enough Ashton was staring at me like I was some sort of comedian.

“I wasn’t gonna stay down there.” I mumbled. “And you don’t like to answer questions. So I took it upon myself to walk over here and slide up the steps.”

“Like a two year old?” he asked amused.

“Shut up and help me.” I mumbled.

“Ask nicely.” He said his arms crossed.

“Why?” I asked slightly annoyed. “I had to journey from your kitchen to here and let me tell you it was not easy or short.”

“Stop making such a big deal out of asking politely and do it.” He said. I groaned.

“Ash, can you please help me up?” I asked. He laughed, honestly the first time I’ve actually heard him laugh today—er tonight or morning I dunno. He gently picked me up by my waist lifting me off the stairs and set me up right before he swept my legs from under me and carried me like I weight a pound.

“See that wasn’t so hard.” He said as he took me into a room.

“You have no idea.” I muttered. He just chuckled a bit and set me down on a bed. “This isn’t…”

“No, it’s not my room, relax. I told you I was taking you home in the morning, I will. I’m not gonna do anything to you in the mean time.” He said amused.

“I’m not tired.” I said.

“Yeah, you are.” He said. “Go to sleep.”

“I don’t want to.” I said crossing my arms. He ran a hand through his thick black hair.

“Now is not the time to act like a preteen.” He muttered.

“How do you know my brother?” I asked randomly.

“Everyone knows your brother, Myra.” Ash said casually.

“I know everyone my brother knows, and I don’t know you so how do you know my brother?” I asked scooting to the edge of the bed.

“We go back.” He said.

“Stop lying.” I said. “My brother tells me everything, he’s never mentioned you.” Ash just smirked deviously.

“Then he doesn’t tell you everything, cupcake.” Ash winked and walked out. I sat on the bed and thought, that’s not right… Kai’s told me everything that he’s gone through, he even told me about the time he lost his virginity… in DETAIL so why would he leave out this god among men? Something doesn’t add up and I’m most definitely gonna ask Kai about this guy. It just sucks my phone is dead—wait I’m quite sure I saw an iPhone in Ash’s pocket, he has to have a charger. I slid off the bed careful not to put pressure on my foot and I walked outside of my room and looked around for his room. Well, it didn’t take long to find it considering his room was the only room with a light on besides mine so I took it upon myself to walk in and I was greeted with something I didn’t expect. Ash was half naked and my, my, my, was he lookin’ good. I didn’t even care that I was devouring him with my eyes, he was sexy and I bet he knew it. “You’re so rude.” He said. That snapped my gaze up to his face which eventually dropped down to his perfectly sculpted abs.

“I’m not rude, you’re just incredibly attractive.” I blurted out and stared wide-eyed at what I just said. “I didn’t mean that.”

“Uh-huh.” He said smirking. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, it sucks though. You’re more attractive when you keep your mouth closed.” I lied. Pffsht, this boy is more attractive with hardly any clothes on, and while he’s talking.

“You’re such a liar.” He laughed. “What did you need?” I limped my way into his room and sat on his bed. “Alright then, make yourself comfortable.”

“I noticed you had an iPhone so you must have a charger, can I use it?” I asked.

“Why should I trust you with my charger?” he asked.

“Because I’m in your house…” I said in a duh tone.

“Doesn’t mean you won’t slip it in that clutch of yours.” He said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Are you calling me a thief?” I asked offended.

“What could you do if I were?” he asked his arms crossed. I sat there silent. “Exactly. Where’s your phone?”

“Why should I trust you with my phone?” I asked.

“Why shouldn’t you?”

“Simply because you could put your number in my phone.” I smirked.

“Relax, you’re still jailbait, cupcake.” He chuckled. “And you’re Kai’s baby sister.”

“How do you know so much about me?” I asked curious.

“Why do you have so many questions?”

“Why are we doing this again?” I asked my hands on my hips.

“You’re so immature it’s starting to get annoying.” He said seriously. I smirked.

“Go get my clutch, it’s on the counter where I was bleeding out from my foot.” I said and slid back on his bed. He sighed shaking his head and muttering something to himself then he walked out the room. I laid down and got comfortable and before I knew it I was sleep.

Someone gave me a gentle shove, and I completely ignored it. Then another shove that was a bit harder which caused me to grunt. Then there was a hard push which caused me to swat whoever it was away. Then there was a harder push which caused me to wake up angrily. “What are you waking me up for?! It’s SATURDAY!”

“Yeah, and you need to get home.” Ash said already dressed like he was ready to drop me off. Oh, right. I forgot I crashed at his place for the night.

“What time is it?” I groaned sitting up.

“4 in the morning.” He said. “I said I’d take you home when the sun rose.”

“Yeah, but you and I both know that the sun doesn’t rise until 6 am. So why am I awake?” I asked turning on my side and closing my eyes.

“More than one reason, I have shit to do, you need to get out of my house, you need to get home, I’m quite sure your brother is flipping all kinds of shits because you’re not home, not to mention you’re in my bed and I’m getting aggravated. Let’s go.” He said pulling me up. I whined.

“Just ten more minutes, pleeaaasee!” I begged.

“Let’s go, Myra.” He said firmly. I pouted. “You can sleep in the car.”

“Who likes sleeping in cars?!” I asked him sitting up, I jumped off his bed completely forgetting that I had an injury on my foot and I collapsed immediately and yelped in pain. Ashton was immediately by my side his arm wrapped securely around my waist. He picked me up and set me back on the bed.

“Jesus Myra, how bad of a memory do you have when you drink one bottle of beer?” he muttered.

“How’d you know I drank one beer?” I asked. He sighed and grabbed my clutch and my phone and handed it to me.

“Can you go an hour without asking me any questions?” he asked.

“Yes.” I said. “Are you mad?” I asked. He groaned and helped me off the bed.

“I’m not answering any questions, we’re leaving now.” He said. “Take it easy, I have you.” He said warning me of my foot. I rolled my eyes and eased my way off the bed like he said; he helped me down the stairs and took me to the kitchen to get my shoes. Right as we were in the kitchen the door opened and multiple voices filled his giant house.

“Haha, whatever man.” A voice said.

“Ashton!” another voice said. Ash cursed as he set me back on the counter like last night.

“Stay here.” He said and left. I grunted and waited a few minutes before I got tired of being told what to do. I slid off the counter and limped my way to the voices. Once I came into view everyone shut up and looked in my direction. Ashton turned and looked at me with narrowed eyes. “I thought I gave you orders.”

“It’s 4 in the morning, my foot aches, I’m tired, I wanna go home, and you’re postponing all of this to talk to your friends. I don’t care if you gave me orders or not. Take. Me. Home.” I said wanted to stomp my foot, but I knew I couldn’t do that. His friends looked from me to Ash.

“Something going on here?” one asked.

“She was being chased by a wolf. I helped her.” Ash said bluntly to the guys although his eyes said something else. I pursed my lips together and limped to the door. “Where are you going?”

“To your car, mind giving me the keys?” I asked.

“You can’t even drive, you’re handicapped. Not to mention we’re going to the garage.” Ash said walking in a totally different direction. I stood at the door with my mouth hanging open. “You wanna go home? I’m taking you now hurry up.”

“You’re not gonna help me get there?!” I asked incredulously.

“You made it to the door perfectly fine, the garage isn’t that far. Toughen up, cupcake.” He said and continued walking. I grunted and narrowed my eyes at him muttering all kinds of curse words and threats under my breath.

“See ya, cutie.” One of the guys said winking. I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the garage. He got in a sleek black hummer and helped me in it.

“Why do you have so many cars?” I asked him as we left his house. He didn’t say anything. “Oh, right, I forgot you’re not answering any of my questions anymore.”

“No, you just ask too many questions. It would be different if you just talked, but you don’t. You ask too many questions. You should stop, it’s dangerous.” Ash said.

“Like I always say, I wouldn’t have as many questions if you answered them all.” I said.

“You’re the most twisted girl I’ve ever met in my life.” He said shaking his head. “I help you, and you don’t even thank me. Not once had you thanked me for anything I’ve done for you. And if anyone should be asking questions it should be me. What were you doing at Aaron’s party?”

“How did you know I was at Aaron’s party?” I asked, he turned just to glare at me. “I was at his party because he invited me.”

“Stay away from that kid.” He said.

“Why?” I asked he looked over again briefly.

“Don’t ask why, just do it.” He said.

“First of all, I don’t know you and you’re ordering me around like you’re my husband. I won’t stay away from Aaron because he’s a really chill guy and a close friend of my brothers.”

“He’s not a close friend.” Ash said.

“How would you know this?”

“Because I know Kai.” He said.

“You’re such a liar.” I said shaking my head in disbelief.

“You don’t have to believe anything I say, but I’m telling you stay away from him.” I rolled my eyes.

“Alright, hubby.” I said sarcastically.

“Good.” He said. It was quiet the rest of the way, and we ended up at my house right as the sun was rising. He kept his word. “Do you need help?”

“No.” I said stubbornly and went to get out of the car, but Ash was already there helping me out. I scowled at him for making me seem helpless. “I said I didn’t need any help.”

“Just thank me so I can leave.” He said.

“Walk me to my door.” I said.

“Ask nicely.” He said. I narrowed my eyes at him and a smile made its way on his face. I rolled my eyes.

“Please.” He took me by the waist and guided me to my door, he even helped me unlock my door to my house.

“Be safe, Myra. Or I’ll be back to help you again.” He said. I rolled my eyes. He began to walk back to his car and I could help myself. I turned around.

“Ash.” I said. He turned and looked at me. “Thank you.” He just smiled and winked.

“You’re welcome, cupcake.” He said and left. I went inside my house just to hear my brother yelling and cursing.

“WHERE IS SHE?” I heard him yell.

“She’s home, safe.” I yelled back. Everyone began rushing to the door and they instantly noticed my foot wrapped in gauze with a ton of bandages.

“What happened to you?” Kai asked.

“I was chased by an animal, and I stepped on an empty broken glass of vodka.” I said.

“We need to take you to the hospital then.” Kai said getting his keys, I groaned.

“I just got in, I’m fine—“

“Let’s go. Kyle, carry her.” Kai said. Kyle picked me up and carried me out to Kai’s car. I groaned. Great, going to the place I love the most… hospitals.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 268 8
Damon: She stalks toward me gracefully, that murderous gleam in her eyes, and the energy of her powers buzzing through the air. She looks like she...
6M 224K 65
Sophia and her daughter Ella were on the run for their lives. Turning to a past friend for help, they find themselves thrown into a world that shoul...
496K 21.6K 106
Sequel to *Her Wolf Alpha* Began 9/27/2016 Highest ranking: #2 in twists *COMPLETED* Katlyn and Clayton's son is growing up. Kaden Ravenwolf must fin...
1.2M 20.2K 8
Marilyn had the perfect life. Her boyfriend Ryland of three years had saved her from a life of ridicule and isolation. He was the Gamma of the pack...