The Startled Princess

By Bellaaa_

[PRINCESS HOURS FAN FICTION] "So you're saying that my grandfather and Prince Seth's grandfather arranged our... More

♕ Chapter 1
♕ Chapter 2
♕ Chapter 3
♕ Chapter 4
♕ Chapter 5
♕ Chapter 6
♕ Chapter 7
♕ Chapter 8
♕ Chapter 9
♕ Chapter 10
♕ Chapter 11
♕ Chapter 12
♕ Chapter 13
♕ Chapter 14
♕ Chapter 15
♕ Chapter 16
♕ Chapter 17
♕ Chapter 18
♕ Chapter 19
♕ Chapter 20
♕ Chapter 22
♕ Chapter 23
♕ Chapter 24
♕ Chapter 25
♕ Chapter 26
♕ Chapter 27
♕ Chapter 28
♕ Chapter 29
♕ Chapter 30
♕ EPILOGUE

♕ Chapter 21

88.3K 1.7K 564
By Bellaaa_

"I'm home," Alex pushed the door open and walked into his hotel room. He looked around the luxury living room and there's no sign of his mother. "I'm in the kitchen!" he heard Princess Christina's voice shouting. He made his way to the kitchen where he found her, blending some fruits.

"You've been home all day?" Alex asked and placed his backpack onto the kitchen table. Christina nodded and poured her blended carrot juice into the glass. "I'm going out tonight," she said and turned herself facing his son. "What happen to you?" she asked worriedly and place a hand on Alex's face.

"I'm fine," Alex shoved his mother's hand slowly. "I couldn't sleep, that's all," he explained and sat on the chair. He closed his eyes, trying to eased the pain in his head. His head had been spining all day and Rose's expression when he ignored her was haunting him. He felt guilty, truly guilty. 

"Alex, what's wrong?" Christina asked, stressing her tone. "Seth did something to you?" she raised her voice. Alex shook his head immediately. "No, mom. Seriously, I'm okay. I'm just tired. Its nothing to do with Seth," he assured. Christina pulled a deep breath. "You can lie to someone else but not to me," she said. 

Alex looked up to her. "Have you ever love someone very much? And you think about that person all the time?" he asked. Christina wrinkled her nose as she was confuse. She took a seat opposite to Alex. "Are you in love with someone?" she curved a smile. He let out a chuckle. "I think so," he admitted. "But she's in love with someone else,"

Christina sighed and took his hand. "It's alright, sweetheart. She's the one who is in loss. She just miss someone as handsome and nice as you," she coaxed him and Alex curved a weak smile. "Who's that lucky girl?" she grinned.

He ran his hand through his blonde hair. "I'm not ready to tell you yet, mom," he said with hope that she'll understand. Plus, he was afraid that his mother might hurt Rose as she never did like anyone who is connected with Seth Larston. Christina frowned. "Why? You think I will hurt her because she broke my son's heart?" she said sarcastically.

Alex laughed. "No, mom. I'm just not ready yet," he said. Christina gave him a dissapointed smile. "Fine. But you must promise that you'll tell me one day," she said. 

"I promise."

~~

 ♫ Two days later,

The waiter opened the door for him as he entered. "Thank you," he said and passed his coat to the waiter. "Ms. Harper is waiting for you," the waiter bowed down and showed him the way. The restaurant was empty and clearly, Jessica already booked it for the whole night. He looked around the restaurant and finally spotted her. She was wearing a turtle neck black dress with a glass of wine in her hands.

"Hello, Alex," Jessica smiled as he arrived beside her. "Have a seat," she said so Alex took a seat opposite to her. "You want anything to drink or eat?"

"No, thank you," he said in an unfriendly tone. "I only came here because you told me that you have something to tell me about Rose. What is it?" he said. Jessica chuckled and sipped her wine. "Its so obvious that you love her, Alex," she grinned and lowered her glass. "I don't know why everyone were crazy about her,"

"Jessica, I don't want to be rude," Alex frowned. "But if you invited me here just to say that, I'm not interested and please, don't ever insult Rose infront of me," he warned and his eyes were looking sharply on her. "I don't want to fight with you, Alexander," Jessica smirked and raised her thin brown eyebrown. "I'm here to be your friend. Close friend, actually,"

"What do you mean?"

Jessica laughed sarcastically before fixed her eyes into his. "I love Seth as much as you love Rose. Seth and I were meant to be together, I know it. If it wasn't because of his stupid grandfather, I would have been his wife,"

"Watch your mouth, Jessica. His grandfather is mine too," Alex said in an angry tone. He started to loose his temper. "Just get to the point, will you?"

"Relax," she smiled. The waiter came to them and poured a glass of wine for Alex. "Thank you," she said and then the waiter left them. She turned her eyes back to him. "We can work together," she spit her idea. "This way it'll be easier for us to have what we want. You, Rose and I, Seth," 

"Are you crazy? You're planning to seperate them?" Alex was taken aback. As much as she wanted Rose to be his, he never thought of seperating them. Jessica smirked. "Why not? Its the only way, Alex. Can't you see that they were starting to love each other?"

Alex didn't say a thing. He couldn't deniy everything she just said because it was true. Jessica saw the opportunity as she noticed that Alex was thinking hard. She continued, "Rose is yours, Alex. She's supposed to be your wife," Jessica conviced him. She knew that Alex is the real Crown Prince. "Think, Alex. Seth can't love her and make her happy the way you do. He doesn't deserve her,"

His mind was racing fast. Again,everything Jessica said was true. Seth always hurt her and made her cry. He doesn't deserve her. All he wanted is Rose to be happy and he realised that he's the only person who could do that. 

"I'm in,"

~~

"You've been avoiding me," Rose drawled. She was sitting on the bench, in the school garden with Alex beside her. Alex smiled. "Sorry. I was just tired that day until I didn't notice you," he said apologitecally. 

"I know I'm short,"

Alex laughed. "I didn't mean that way, Rose," he smiled. "I have something to tell you," he informed and beamed on her. Rose turned her face to him and waited. "What?" she asked. Alex was slightly dissapointed but then he remembered that Rose didn't know Seth's birthday too. "This Sarturday is my birthday," he said.

Rose mouth fell open and she felt really guilty. "Oh my God, I didn't know," she gasped, closing her mouth using her hand. "No wonder you're mad at me," she thought. Alex shook his head. "I'm not mad at you because of that, Rose. I'm just telling you," he explained, smiling.

"Gotta write that date in my notebook," she chirped. "Next year, I'll be the first one to wish you!" she vowed and raised her right hand. Alex grinned. "Now, back to the point. I'll be celebrating my birthday; my mom insisted," he said boredly. 

"Where? Hawaii?"

"No," he rolled his eyes. "Just here, in Andorra. I'm not as special as Seth is," he said. "So, I want you to come," he continued before he realised that he missed someone. "And Seth too,"

"Count me in!" she said happily. "You told Seth about this?"

"No, you're the first one. I'll be inviting Luke, Alan and Jessica too if you're okay with it?" Alex asked as he didn't want Rose to be sad on his birthday party.

"I'm okay," she smiled assuringly. "Don't forget to invite Lily and Cassidy too. They'll be thrill and I'm sure Cass will shop the best present for you. She's your number one fan,"

"They're in my VIP list," Alex joked. The bell rang, indicating that they have to get to class. He tapped her lap. "Come on, we have Maths," he said and stood up to his feet. He offered his hands to pull her up.

"I hate Maths," Rose sighed and took Alex's hands as he pulled her up. They walked towards their class together and Alex was happy that everything is going well - for now. 

~~

"Alex's birthday?" Seth repeated as Rose told him about the party. "Oh, ya. I almost forgot. Saturday, right?" he asked. Rose nodded. "Yep and he's doing a birthday party so he invited us," she informed. 

"Us or just you," Seth said sarcastically. His eyes were still on the book. Rose tapped his lap. "Us, of course! Seth, stop acting like a jerk. He's your cousin," Rose said, stressing her words. Seth closed his book and flickered his eyes to her. "Why're you so excited?" he asked.

"He's my best friend. Of course, I'll be excited,"

"Best friend?" Seth repeated, slightly annoyed. "Then, what am I?" he crossed his arms to his chest, waiting for her to answer. Rose gulped and she started to panic as she didn't know what to say. "You're my...." she trailed off. "My arranged husband," she answered, looking down and hoped that it was the right answer.

Seth looked away and stomped his book onto the coffee table. He stood up to his feet. "I wonder what would you buy for him? Maybe a teddy bear like you bought for me? Or maybe something more special than that," he said, sarcasms hitting every words. "I'm tired. Goodnight," he said and walked towards his bedroom, leaving the confused Rose on the sofa. 

Seth shut his bedroom door close as he got in. He rushed to his bed and sat on it. Arranged husband ? Is that all he could ever be? Seth lay down on the bed before he realised that he was lying on something. He moved the object from behind him and it was Rose's teddy bear. 

The teddy bear that Rose gave to him on his birthday. Since the day he'd gotten it, he'd been sleeping with it every night. "Hey, buddy," he said to the bear and squeezed his nose. "Your mommy just said that I'm just her arranged husband. Nothing more, I guess," he started to talk to the bear.

He sat back on the bed with his 'buddy' in his hands. He raised the bear and stared on it. "Does your mom really like Alex?" he asked. A second later, he looked down. "Yeah, you're right. He does like Alex because if she doesn't, why would she got all excited?"

Seth sighed and lay back on the bed. He hugged the teddy bear tightly. "Don't worry, buddy. Daddy  will always be with you and I'll get your mommy back," he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

~~

"Can't you wear something else?" Seth whined as Rose walked out from her bedroom and she was wearing a sexy turquoise dress for Alex's party. Her hair had been brought up and a silver necklace pretify her - she looked perfect. Rose stared down on what she was wearing. "What?" she asked, puzzled.

"Nothing," Seth rolled his eyes. "You're too dumb to understand," he made his way out from the building. Rose frowned. "You're the dumb one as you speak like an alien until I couldn't understand," she said and sped up to catch him up. Seth glared on her right hand that was holding a box. "That's his present?" he asked annoyingly.

"Yeah," Rose answered shortly before she noticed that Seth wasn't holding anything. "You didn't buy anything for him?" she gasped and couldn't believe how jerk he could be. Seth nodded. "Guys don't buy present, buffalo," he said.

"Luke bought you a present and he'a guy,"

"Luke's gay so its different," he lied and they reached their limo. The driver opened the door for him so he got into it - Rose followed him after that. 

Alex hosted his birthday party in his hotel ballroom. Most of the guests were his mother's as he didn't have many friends other than his classmates and Seth's friends. He adjusted his tie and his eyes wandered around, looking for his princess. He then felt his shoulder were tapped from behind. He turned himself facing them.

"Hey, man. Happy birthday," Luke wished and they shook hands. Alex smiled. "Thanks," he said and then Alan offered his hand. "Happy birthday!" he chirped and Alex grabbed his hand. "Thanks, Alan,"

"No problemo," Alan prattled, patting his shoulder. The ballroom huge doors were opened and the royal couple walked into the room. Alex's eyes stopped at the beautiful figure that was descending the staircase. Rose never failed to look gorgeous in his eyes. The couple motioned towards them and Rose was skipping excitedly.

"Happy birthday!" she said happily and gave him a hug. She then let go of him and offered her present. "For you," she said and Alex took it from her hands. "Thanks, Rose," he thanked her. Seth cleared his throat and deliberately pushed Rose slightly away from Alex. "Happy birthday cousin!" he said and sounded a little fake.

"Thanks, man," Alex shook his hand. "Help yourself and I've asked them to prepare a lot of chocolate desserts. Knowing that someone's crazy about it," he smiled at Rose. She grinned and glanced at the food table - chocolates!

"Or you want me to get some for you?" Alex offered. Before Rose could even nodded, Seth said, "It's okay. I'll get it for her. She's my wife," he raised his hands and turned his eyes at Rose. "Wait here," he said and then Seth walked away from there, heading towards the food table. 

"Hello," Princess Christina greeted them. "You must be Princess Rose?" she asked, glaring at Rose who was getting uncomfortable. She bowed down and smiled. "I am, Princess Christina," she said and luckily, she remembered her name. Christina grinned. "Alex told me a lot of things about you. Classmate, isn't it?"

"Yes, mom," Alex answered for her. A few seconds later, another rival of Rose arrived. Jessica, wearing a long strapless black dress with a small silvery purse in her hand was walking towards them and she was wearing a big broad smile. "Hey everyone," she greeted before she realised that Christina was there. "Princess," she bowed down.

"Hello there," Christina said and sounded more excited to meet her rather than meeting Rose. "What's your name?" she asked. Jessica smiled and offered her hand. "I'm sorry. I'm Jessica Harper," she introduced herself. Christina took her hand and shook it. She looked at her, up and down. "You're very beautiful," she praised. "Like a princess," Christina glared at Rose, intending to piss her.

"Thank you," Jessica looked down shyly. Rose who know what she meant, looked down and kept wishing that Seth would be back by now. Jessica and Alex exchanged look - like they were hiding something. Jessica glanced at the food table and Seth was still busy choosing the desserts. She turned her eyes to Alex - now's the time.

"Rose, I want to show you something," Alex said and grabbed her arm. Rose hesitated. "But, Seth asked me to wait here," she said, puzzled. Alex smiled. "He won't go anywhere. Please, just for a second," he pleaded. Jessica noticed that she was hesitating. "I'll tell Seth that you went with Alex," Jessica added, supporting Alex. 

Rose glanced at Seth but then she nodded to Alex. He smiled and pulled her arm, heading out from the ballroom. He gestured her towards the garden. "Where are you taking me?" Rose asked and she was even more puzzled as Alex didn't say anything while they're walking.

"Just follow me," Alex said shortly and still gripping her arm. They turned to a corner before Alex stopped walking - he turned himself facing her. "But before that, close your eyes," he instructed. Rose wrinkled her nose. "What?" she didn't understand. 

"Just close your eyes. Trust me," Alex said. Rose closed her eyes and he took both her hands, gesturing her into the garden. The night was dark and it was full moon. A few minutes later, they stopped to walk and Alex motioned to behind her. He placed his hands on both of her closed eyes. 

"What are you doing?" Rose gulped as she felt Alex was standing behind her. She started to panic. Alex chuckled. "Chill. I'm not gonna hurt you," he assured and then, he let go of her eyes. "Open your eyes," he instructed.

Rose squinted her eyes slowly before it was fully open. "Wow," Rose mused as she was surprise to see everything. They were standing in a beautiful rose garden and the scent was very lovely. Rose's petals is scattered on the floor and the light which came from the streetlight made everything look perfect. 

"You like it?" Alex asked and he was happy to see her smiling. Rose who was still in awe, walked into the garden, her eyes wandered around. "This is beautiful, Alex," she said in awe and touched one of the pink roses. He crossed his arms to his chest. "Glad you like it," he chirped. He motioned closer to her. "Do you know why I chose roses?"

"Because of my name?"

Alex laughed. "That's the first reason. The second one is because your life is like a rose," he explained. Rose raised an eyebrow. "How so?" she asked, bewildering. Alex squinted his eyes, thinking. "One, you're very beautiful like a rose," he said and made her blush. "Second, rose could make people happy, just like how you always do," he continued and his face was just inches from her.

He gulped and he locked Rose's eyes into his. This is something that he'd been wanting to do since he fell in love with her. Alex rubbed her cheek using his thumb softly. "I care about you," he admitted and he meant every word. "I don't want to loose you,"

"Alex, I-"

"Shh," he said, putting his finger on her lips. "I don't want to hear that. You've been talking this whole time and I didn't have my chance to tell the truth," he drawled and then, he pulled her waist closer to him. 

"Alex,"

He ignored her words and pulled her into his embrace. "I want you to be happy, Rose. I care about you more than anything," he admitted with her face on his chest. He hugged her more tightly and kiss the top of her head. "Just this once. Please let me hug you,"

~~

"Where's Rose?" Seth asked as he was done choosing the dessert for her. "Luke? Alan? Alex?" he asked, bewildering as only Jessica was there. She looked down. "Luke and Alan, I don't know. Maybe searching for girls.." her words trailed off. "Alex and Rose left the ballroom," she pretended to be sad and dissapointed. 

"What? They left?" Seth asked, raising his voice. "To where?" . Jessica shook her head. "I don't know, Seth. But they looked happy when they left. Maybe they've been planning to leave you," she lied in a sad tone.

"What are you talking about?"

Jessica chuckled. "Don't tell me you don't know anything about them, Seth? Alex likes Rose and she likes him? Get it?" she widened her eyes. "It's Alex's birthday. Of course, Rose wanted to give something special for him," 

"Watch your mouth, Jess," Seth lost his temper. "Even if she likes him, Rose isn't that type of girl so you better be careful choosing your words," he warned, eyes sharply on her. Jessica grinned. "Okay, I heard they're talking about going to some place outside the ballroom. I could show you and then we'll know, what type of girl Rose's is," she offered, smirking.

Seth clenched his fist and tried to stop thinking on what Jessica told him. "Fine. Where?" he agreed. She smiled and motioned towards the exit door. "Follow me," she said and Seth followed from behind her. His mind was racing and his heart was beating fast. Inside, he was praying that what Jessica wasn't true and she was just making up story.

"Jess, can you at least tell me where are we going?" Seth asked as they had been walking for more than ten minutes and they were getting further away from the ballroom. "Relax, Seth. You'll know soon and you might want to throw those chocolates as Rose doesn't want it anymore," she said calmly. 

"I care about you," Seth heard Alex's voice from behind the bushes.Jessica smiled when she saw Seth's face was panicking as they heard Alex's voice. "Enjoy the show," Jessica said sarcastically as Seth rushed towards the other side of the bushes. She followed him from behind.

The plate dropped from his hand and the chocolates were scattered on the floor as Seth saw the truth. 

~~~~

uuuuhh, cliffhanger! xD hahahaha 

This chapter is a little bit confusing because I've been twisting everything but I hope you understand it :) 

An early update from me because you guys have been very supportive! xD

Keep voting and comment to get an early update!!! I love getting POSITIVE/CONSTRUCTIVE feedbacks from everyone  :3

V O T E !!! 

What do you think will happen? Guess! Guess! Guess! 

Next chapter: secret........ sshhhhh :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 8.8K 94
Zenande is a young ambitious woman who is dedicated to making her childhood dreams a reality and she is prepared to face and conquer each and every o...
Royal Heir By A.M LAYNA

Mystery / Thriller

59.5K 2K 43
On his eighteenth birthday the young prince, Aleksei Leonardo Romero, was to be wedded to the Royal Greek princess. It was an arranged marriage that...
1.8K 49 28
Evangeline is an average 22-year-old. After her mysterious grandmother dies, leaving her and her parents a sizable fortune, she thinks that's the end...
13.5K 1.2K 50
Every girl dreams of a Prince Charming as her life partner. Chaos arises within the heart when she actually got married to a Prince just because of...