His Dominion

By LoveScripter

[BOOK 2] NOTE FROM AUTHOR: "I wrote this book in High school, so if you don't like it and find it poorly wri... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Hunter's Short Story

Chapter 37

92.7K 4.4K 158
By LoveScripter

[Selene]

"I'm not going to run, you can let go of me now."

"Not a chance. We turn our backs one second and you will run. I won't risk my life. If Alpha Lucca finds out we didn't keep our eyes on you."

"Isaac right?"

He nodded. "That's my name and don't wear it out." He winked.

I rolled my eyes. "Your life is already at risk if you persist on keeping me here."

His smile didn't falter. "Your threats are not going to work with us, Alpha Selene."

One of the other men chuckled. "I don't know about that man, she put a real shiner on Rick over there."

He pointed at the man leaning on a tree, sporting two black eyes and holding on to his injured arm. Next to him another man was out cold after I had kneed him in the groin for grabbing me from the front.

"I'm really sorry about that Rick, you know I didn't mean to actually hurt you." I said ashamed.

Rick grunted, but didn't look me in the eyes. He then walked around the tree and disappeared.

"I think you hurt the poor kid's ego, Alpha Selene." Isaac whispered besides me.

"I didn't mean too! I was just trying to defend myself."

"You know we wouldn't have tried hurting our Alpha's mate."

My head lowered in embarrassment. "I know, I'm really sorry. I really am."

"We know." Still they were monitoring me like a dangerous prisoner. "But just because we forgive you doesn’t mean we trust you to let you lose. Alpha Lucca would not be happy seeing you where he is."

I snorted. "He's just being overprotective."

Sighing, Isaac turned his body so that he was facing me. "I have a brother, an older brother. It was just he and I before he found his mate. I've seen my brother turn into a reckless man-slut to a absolutely clean-cut fool for his mate. When men find their mates it's like they turn into a whole new different person. I've seen how much our Alpha has changed since you came along. It's quite entertaining, but i feel as though you being with him is slowly turning him into a great Alpha."

Warmth washed over me. "You really think so?"

He nods. "Don't get yourself into trouble Alpha Selene. If anything happens to you, I think there will never be a chance for our pack to be a whole again. Our late Alphas' passing has hurt our pack so much. My family and the families of most of the men in this pack have been working under Alpha Lucca's family for centuries. We understand Alpha Lucca situation, but all we can do is be there for him as his shadows as he faces the council. You are our only hope Alpha Selene."

"So please don't try to go there." Another one of Lucca's men said.

My throat found it hard to swallow. I didn't want to disappoint these men, but neither did I want to not be by Lucca's side.

A bark echoed from the trees.

"It's Brian." Isaac muttered.

Few seconds later, Brian came out of the trees wearing only cargo pants.

"Alpha Lucca is furious."

I groaned. "You shouldn't have told him."

"We had too. We are to report to him about everything." Brian walked over to wear all of us sat in a circle, me in the center. "He said we keep you here--guarded."

"And you're doing a great job doing it." I glared at each and every face in the circle. Each one of them chuckled.

"Isaac, where is your brother now?"

"He is living in the pack house, which is currently being monitored by the council until Alpha Lucca resumes his position.

These men really believed in their Alpha. There was no once of doubt in their faces of what Lucca could do for them. Loyalty. That's a good quality in a strong pack.

"Tell me about the main pack house."

Brian looked eager to answer me. "It's one hundred times better than the sub-pack house. Five times as big. Most of us grew up there while Alpha Lucca's father was our Alpha. It's more like a neighborhood really. More modern then Alpha Soren's mansion--if you've ever seen it. We live in a gated community in the middle of the mountains around a forest of trees. I freaking miss that place."

"I know what you mean dude."

"Yeah"

The men had dreamy looks on their faces.

"What was your place like, Alpha Selene?" One man asked, I think he had introduced himself as Victor earlier. He looked a little older than Lucca, but he didn't have that intimidating look all Alpha's had. 

"I lived in a cottage in the middle of the woods with my dad." 

"Just you and Beta Grant?" Isaac looked flabbergasted. 

"You didn't live in a pack?" Now they all looked surprised. 

I then realized Lucca never actually told them my life history. 

I might as well tell them a little about me, since they persist calling me their Alpha female. But I feared of what they would think of me.

"My dad and I were kind of like rogues. Until now, I didn't get to see much of the world. My dad home schooled me until I turned 18. We talked about sending me to college once--

"I remember your dad as our Beta when I was a kid. He did some seriously cool shit back then."

Isaac hit the guy across the back of the head. "You mind your manners in front of the lady, David."

"What the f--ah...I mean, sorry Alpha Selene." His ears turned red looking at me.

I giggled. "You guys don't need to be polite. I've been around all of you for a while now, I've grown used to it."

"Umm...If you don't mind me asking Alpha Selene." Brain walked closer to my side and said in a hushed tone. "It's been spread throughout the pack that...you...you're---half human?"

"Uh." my mouth hung open.

Everyone around the circle seemed to stop breathing waiting for my answer. I felt like a little puppy being presented for a show and tell. I might as well tell them the truth, they kind of already know anyway.

"Yes." I said between teeth.

Their faces looked between awe and surprise.

"That's so cool." Someone broke the silence behind me.

“I heard they were extinct!”

That wasn’t the reaction I expected. "Wha---

"Can you shift?" 

"Do you even look like a wolf?"

"Do you eat meat?"

"Are you vegetarian?"

"One at a time guys?" Brain glared at them.

They aren't disgusted? I've always thought they wouldn't like the fact that their Alpha female was part human. I sometimes heard them make crude human jokes.

"You're all okay with it?" I asked stunned.

"Well, it's kind of weird. But we like you, you're pretty cool." Isaac said. I almost broke into tears.

"Even if you beat us black and blue." Rick appeared smiling at me weakly.

I returned his smile and his grew wider, but his face contorted to pain from the beat up muscles on his face. I sent him another apology and he brushed it off saying it wasn’t a big deal.

"You're a badass chick. You're way better than any weak human--oops, umm...was that offending you? You are part human---man, I’m really sorry. We really need to learn how to filter our mouths. We're just so used to associating hunters with humans. We know they're not all bad, but it's a habit making fun of them. They treat us like shit."

“I always thought I’d be treated like an outcast because of what I am.” I told them honestly.

“That’s bullshit. Who would do that? We are a pack, you are now part of this pack. Anyone who judges other’s like that are immediately kicked out. Who told you that crap?” Isaac spat.

I was starting to like this guy like a protective older brother. I wonder why I haven’t meet him before. Probably because Lucca always had an eyes on me and I hadn’t really formally got to know everyone in the pack, just a few.

“I just suspected because of the council—

“Those old geezers? This is the 21 century, this age is full of change. If that’s what they’ve been telling you then they should shove their rules up their butt.” Brian snorted. “Is that why you’ve been suck a big secret to all of us? We found it weird that Lucca got a mate and hadn’t told us anything about you, our future Alpha female.”

Another weight lifted off my shoulders.

A smile formed on my face. “Yeah. You won’t believe how much hearing you say that makes me feel.”

“Do the council people know of your existence?” Victor asked.

“I’m not sure but Marc and the other elders went back with Alpha Ivan and Jeremey. I have a feeling he will be telling them about me some time soon.”

“I really hate that man.” Victor threw a rock lazily up in the air and caught it. “I used to live near him in the main house. He was a terrible neighbor and father. Jerome was his son and he wouldn’t even allow him to play with me and the rest of the kids. What Jerome did was stupid, but I don’t blame him for growing up with that man. I kind of pity him.”

“Yeah,” was all I could say.

A scent filled my nose. It was faint but it was there.

“Do you all smell that?” Brian tilted his nose to the air.

“Dynamite.” Isaac whispered.

“They have started the attack.”

I shot to my feet. The action made the rest of them men who were still sitting stand up as well. I felt my hands begin to shake and the pit of my stomach churned. My wolf awoke and this time she mentally nudged me to run to our mate.

“We should help.” I said.

Brian turned towards me. “Alpha Lucca strictly said to stay here.”

“He can handle himself.” Victor assured me by placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t”

Before the word left my lips, Victor was already slumped on the dirt floor like man who got shot by silver.

“What the heck happened?!” Isaac kneeled my feet trying to help up Victor.

“I need to tell you guys. Lucca suspects that because I’m half human, my wolf needs to feed of energy in order to complete transformation.”

For sure they would feel nothing but hate for me after I said that.

Isaac just looked at me as if I grew a second head. Brian took a step back, as well as every man standing a close proximity from me.

“I suggest none of you touch me.” I said softly.

They hate me, I thought.

“Alpha Selene, next time you should tell us when you plan to do that.” Isaac said with a half-smile.

“I’m learning to control it. I’m sorry.” I said for like the billionth time.

“You’re going to be one powerful Alpha Female.” Brian placed his hands on either side of his hips.

“You can say that again.” Rick said.

Once again I’m shocked. “You’re not scared of me?”

“Trust me, you are one terrifying chick. But you as our alpha female, I think we won’t mind one bit.

The smell of smoke grew stronger. The sky began to dim with smoke.

Brian saw the itch of worry in my face. “Alpha Lucca will be fine.”

“I hope so…”

I thought about my dad. I wonder if he was still ok—or alive. The thought of him dead made me want to vomit.

A major headache erupted through my skull.

“Alpha Selene, what’s wrong?”

“My head, it hurts.”

“Someone hand her water.”

I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping it would eventually go away.

It hurt like a stamped of buffaloes charging inside my head. My knees gave way and I fell forward to the ground. Isaac caught me around the waste. I heard him groan as I fell across his body. It was like my wolf noticed his presence and concentrated on his energy. I realized what she intended to do and I shoved Isaac away from me after I took a little bit of his energy.

“Ugh, I feel light headed.” He grasped his head.

Victor came too and started waking up groaning too.

Brian shook his head, “you successful knocked out four men in one day with only one blow. I’m impressed.”

“It’s not funny.” I felt guilty.

“Hold up, everyone shut up.”

“What is it Rick?”

“I hear something.” He said under his breath.

We all stopped to listen.

“I don’t hear anything” Brian whispered.

“That—a whistle.” Rick hissed. “A stupid, freaking doggie whistle.”

“Oh shit.” Brian muttered.

“What?” I asked alarmed.

“Those idiots.” Isaac crawled on his hands and knees trying to stand.

“I don’t understand.” What does a doggie whistle mean?

“Hunters hate us, but they pamper their domestic dogs. They train them to track us and they use doggie whistles to call to them. Some hunters believe that we are attracted to the sound, all it does is irritate our ears. Whoever is coming thinks he can draw us in with that stupid whistle.”

How absorb, I thought. An idea came to me and I grinned evilly at all the guys. “Who’s up for a little game?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 1K 151
❝I didn't know how to love myself So I got used to not being loved.❞ This is the beginning of loving yourself. Welcome home! (๑'ᴗ'๑) 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃:2...
1.6M 97.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...
534K 16.3K 42
❦𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍, 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖽, 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗅, 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾, 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗁, 𝗂𝗆 𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗂𝗇...
201 92 31
When she was done, she handed our different assignments to us. It was a list of names, people who were yet to be part of us. My colleagues signed th...