The Lavery Twins

By Drummstixx

Growing up with Shane and Matt - the Lavery twins next door, Holly can't seem to get rid of them. With her d... More

The Lavery Twins
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 1
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 2
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 3
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 4
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 5
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 6
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 7
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 8
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 9
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 10
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 11
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 12
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 13
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 14
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 15
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 16
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 17
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 18
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 19
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 21
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 22
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 23
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 24
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 25
The Lavery Twins - Chapter 26
The Lavery Twins - Epilogue

The Lavery Twins - Chapter 20

51.2K 1K 412
By Drummstixx

Chapter 20.

~HOLLY'S POINT OF VIEW~

I threw on my oversized Roots hoodie when I felt it starting to get a bit chilly. It was almost dark, and everybody wanted to make a fire. The guys brought all these chairs out, and planted them around the fire pit, and Rachel and Morgan are setting up a big tent. It was a bit windy, and it was so nice compared to the burning heat during the day. I put my hair up in a quick bun, and slumped down onto a chair beside Ally, who was in Cookie Monster pyjama pants and a black sweater.

"Do we have marshmellows?" Ally asked. I grimaced as she smirked at me. I've always hated marshmellows - I honestly cannot stand the stickyness and the gooeyness of them.

"Yeah, we do actually," Amber looked up. She was reading the instructions for the Tent as she helped Rachel and Morgan. Apparently this tent was humungous, if we didn't use air mattresses, we could probably bunk it all together. My eyes trailed over to everybody, landing on Matt. He was trying to fall asleep in the camping chair he was sitting in. His hoodie was zipped up all the way, and he had his hood on.

"Matt!" Amber snapped, startling Matt. Amber raised an eyebrow. "Can you go grab some wood from the dock shed?"

Matt groaned, and pulled his hood down, revealing a mess of hair on his head. I smirked as he got up, and bit my lip for a second. Matt started to walk away, and I took a deep breath.

"Matt, wait," I called, getting up to follow him. Matt stopped in his tracks as he waited for me to catch up to him. A grin crept onto his face.

"Holly," he said, amused, "Are you sure you'll be able to help me?"

I scoffed, putting my hands on my hips. "Well, obviously. Lets be honest here, Matt, I'm probably stronger than you." I know that was a total lie, but I always liked challenging him. Matt doesn't like to be challenged. However, Matt grinned as he shook his head and continued his way to the shed. I couldn't help but notice how pretty the water looked at this time of day. As the sun set, it casted this angle of light on the lake which made the whole area almost....glow. It was so pretty. Yes, I realised I just called a lake pretty. FISH.

When we got to the dock, I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I followed Matt to the shed. The shed is where they keep all the random things like paddle boats, firewood, ores, canoes....anything really. It looked small on the outside, but as I walked in, I found my jaw drop at how big it really was.

"There's the wood," Matt announced, and I looked at the big pile of fire wood in the corner. It looked heavy.

"No problem," I said, nodding my head as I went to pick up a piece. Yeah, there's no way I can go through with this. I tried to make it look like I was just faking being a weak ass little hoe, but I failed. And Matt started laughing.

I groaned. "It's not my fault."

"Holly, you're just too strong for your own good," Matt sighed, and took the wood from me. The way he just carried it so easily, it was....hot. Matt held the piece in one arm, and picked up another without any struggle. Fvck him. I scowled.

Matt flashed me a teasing smile. "Come on, Holly, just try."

"I can't."

"Try. Use those muscles you're always bragging about." He smirked at me, and I playfully rolled my eyes. Looking down at the wood, I quickly stretched out my arms, limbering up. Yes, I know it's probably easy to carry fire wood, but....honestly, I'm probably the weakest human being on this planet.

I bent over, and prepared myself to lift it up. I could feel Matt's eyes on me, waiting. I took a deep breath. "Okay," I said, and clenched my jaw as I used about all my strength to lift up the fire wood.

And I did it. Woo hoo.

"Oh my god," I grinned excitedly. "I'm so strong!"

Matt chuckled. "Okay, we should head back now. Do you think this is enough?"

I nodded, looking at the wood in Matt's arms. I had no clue how long everyone wanted the fire to be, but we could always make another trip. I could feel my arms getting tired already, and the wood started to feel heavier and heavier, so I blinked and hurried back to the fire pit. Matt stayed next to me, not struggling with anything at all. Man, his life is so good right now.

The tent was up already, and I felt my jaw hang open as I stared at it in disbelief. Holy shizznit, that thing's huge. It was black and grey, and it was very wide. It looked very....expensive.

"Amber," I called as I set the wood down on the grass. I wiped the wood dust on my pants. "Is that your tent?"

"Nah," Amber smirked, and nudged Rachel. "It's Jack's."

I raised my eyebrows, and walked over to the tent. "How much was this thing, Rachel?"

"I think around two hundred."

"Dollars?" I looked at her in shock. Ally laughed.

"No, Holly," she chimed in, "Two hundred cents. Ya dumbass." When I glared at Ally, she gave me a smile and blew me a kiss. I chuckled.

"I think it's hella worth it," Rachel commented, shrugging. "I mean, it could fit like five double sized air mattresses."

"That's actually alot," I said. All the tents my dad has ever had were average size, and only fit two doubles. Mattresses also take up alot of tent space, so if we didn't have any, and just used sleeping bags and blankets, we'd have alot of room.

"Shit," Matt hissed as he dropped the wood, and looked at his hands. Ally frowned teasingly at him, and crossed her legs on the chair.

"Aw, Mattycakes," she cooed amusingly. "Something wrong there?"

Matt clenched his fists and unclenched them, frowning at them. "I hurt my hands."

Ally burst out laughing, and Matt shot her a glare. "Sorry," she laughed.

"I don't see how that would be funny," Matt scowled, going to plant himself down on a chair when Shane casually walked by and moved it away. Matt missed the chair and fell on the grass right on his back.

"What the fvck Shane?" Matt snapped at his brother as Shane walked away, smirking at me. My eyes followed him in amusement, watching as Shane went to the cabin.

This time Ally (and pretty much everyone else) were bursting out in laughter. Matt just layed there, covering his face. A part of me wanted to laugh too, and believe me - i had to use every strength in my body to not burst out laughing like the others.

"Okay," Matt finally said, and got up, wincing at the pain in his hands. He looked at me, and raised an eyebrow. "You could have told me the chair wasn't there, you know."

I shrugged. "Yeah, I could have."

Ally laughed again, obviously finding this little show entertaining. Matt furrowed his eyebrows at me. "I could have died."

"What, you fell on the grass. The worst that could have happened was dog shit being there."

Matt's eyes widened in amusement, and looked around at everyone, who was doing their own thing and decided to let us be.

"Is everyone out to get me or something?" Matt smirked, but I did not miss the glint of worry in his eyes.

I grinned. "The whole world is out to get you, Matthew. Just deal with it."

Matt snorted, and rolled his eyes. "Well, my hands are killing me. Go get me some ice or something." He stuggled to bring the chair back to his spot without using his hands.

"What am I, your maid?"

"Yes." Matt smiled at me as he slumped down in the chair. When he saw me not moving, he sighed and frowned at me. "Please, Holly? I do everything for you."

That earned a huge laugh from me. "Matt, I'll go get you some ice when you name one time you did something for me."

Matt looked at the ground, trying to come up with something. "Okay...." he said. "I bought you a milkshake. Remember?"

"So? Money doesn't count. I'm talking about a generally nice favour you did for me. Go."

Matt blinked, and chuckled. This caused Amber, Damian, Morgan and Ally to look over.

"But when does Matt do favours for anybody?" Damian cracked. Matt shrugged in agreement.

I sighed. "I guess that's true. But, I'll go get ice anyways because I'm such an awesome person."

"Yes, you are," Matt said, and the way he said it made my heart flutter for a second. I pursed my lips and quickly walked to the cabin, knowing that Shane was in there by himself.

When I slid the door open, I saw Shane coming down the stairs, wearing a dark blue Hollister sweater.

I grinned at him as I made my way to the kitchen. "Wearing colour for once, nice job."

"I always wear colour," Shane said, amused. "Just not as much as everybody else." I opened the cupboard and heard Shane walk to the kitchen. I took out a mini plastic bag, and closed the cupboard as Shane took a seat at the island bar.

"Is there an ice thing anywhere?" I asked, hopeful as I looked around the kitchen. Shane chuckled.

cv cc"An ice thing?"

I looked at him. "You know, those little ice dispenser things. You put your cup under it, press a button and it puts ice in your cup....?"

Shane stared at me for a second, and started laughing. I rolled my eyes, but smiled anyways. It was always nice seeing Shane smile, especially now since he's been kind of down lately.

Oh.

I almost forgot about our little conversation....and as I looked at Shane, I found myself frowning. Not because of Shane, or Matt by that, it was because of me. I was in this mess, I was stuck between two brothers who I've known my whole life. Two very, very different boys.

And I liked both of them. Really liked both of them.

I shut my eyes for a second. "Shane," I said quietly. Shane knew what I was heading to, and looked down. I really wanted to scream. This problem wasn't so bad, but I know for a fact things are going to get worse. I'm going to have to pick one of them, but I like both of them.

Matt may be an asshole 98.7% of the time. He may be perverted, and silly, and immature. He may be a jerk most of the time, and may never take anything seriously. But....the thing is, I'm exactly like him. I'm an asshole, I'm perverted and silly, never taking anything seriously. Matt and I get along like that, that's how our relationship has always worked. Yes, he ruined my childhood, and made me cry over a million times. But....I don't know, he's fun. He knows how to make me smile, no matter what. And, even with that stupid thing with Lauren....I honestly forgot about that. I don't know, maybe it's just me. If I told Ally this, she'd chop my girl balls off. Matt's probably the worst boy to fall for right now, but I can never help but feel my heart flutter when he walks in the room. I can never stop thinking about him.

But then there's also Shane, who I can't stop thinking about. Here's where Shane comes in. I'm falling for Shane, for all the reasons why he's not Matt.

Shane's quiet, and shy. But, he can also be fun, like at the party. I saw a side of Shane I barely ever see. Plus, Shane's actually very passionate, and although he barely shows it, Shane has alot to say. He's sweet, and cares for everybody, even Matt, who treats him like crap 99% of the time. Shane's different than alot of guys, and although he's also helped ruin my childhood, he's still not Matt. Which is why I find myself starting to fall for him, but it's also the reason why I'm stuck in this mess.

Matt or Shane?

"Holly?" Shane's voice interuppted my train of thought, and I snapped out of it as I stared at him. I blushed as I realised I just kind of zoned out.

"Oh, uh sorry," I scratched the back of my neck. Shane raised an eyebrow. He moved his black hair from his face, and his blue eyes looked into my boring brown ones.

"You okay there?" He asked, a small smirk on his face. Still, there was a glint of sadness in his eyes, and I felt my whole heart just shribble up inside. This is why I should just crumble up to dust and be swept away by Amber's sweeper. I'm a horrible person, and I know someone's going to get hurt. Whether Matt or Shane get hurt or not, I'm going to be getting hurt anyways.

THIS IS BULLSHIT. LIKE WTF IS THIS? SOME KIND OF MESSED UP WATTPAD STORY?

Hm.

I never been in this situation before. Normally, there's just ONE guy. Just one guy I like, and I choose him and say "woo hoo bitches."

But no, I can't do that now. Because, right now, there are TWO guys. Who are brothers. Twins. Can my life get any more complicated?

Yep, I think I just jinxed that.

"Um," I don't know what to say. We need to talk about this, Shane and I. I can't talk about this with Matt, because Matt doesn't 'talk' about anything.

Shane sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair. "Look Holly, I know what I said."

"Shane, I don't know what to do right now, okay? I feel like I'm stuck between you and you brother."

"Why does Matt even have to be an option?"

"Because. Shane, it's complicated, alright? Sure, your brother is king of the assholes, but he has a side to him--"

"Really? The only Matt I know is the one everybody else does. I don't know where you get 'his other side' from, Holly. But, it doesn't exist."

"How do you know?" I asked, almost whining. I was getting frustrated, not at Shane but just at everything in general now.

"Holly," Shane snapped. "I'm his twin brother! I'm his other half, I know who he is. I know what he's like. I know exactly what my brother is like."

I frowned. "Well, maybe he's changed."

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

I blinked, and Shane and I had a bit of a staring contest going on for a moment. I took a seat across from him, and had both hands on the table.

"I'm not trying to bash down on Matt for the hell of it," Shane muttered, shaking his head.

"Then, Shane, what the hell are you doing?"

"Holly, can you just look at all of this through my perspective?" His face fell. "Here I am, sitting in the shadows while my asshole of a brother tries to steal this girl I've been in love with forever, because 'all of a sudden' he's starting to 'kind of like her'."

I felt my eyes light up. "Matt likes me?"

Shane clenched his jaw. "Apparently, but--"

"So, then what's the big deal?" I asked. "If Matt likes me, then clearly he's not using me, right?"

Shane looked away, and avoided eye contact as he looked at the wall behind my head. "Um," he sighed, "Whatever. Foget we even had this conversation."

My jaw dropped. "But, Shane I--"

"See you at the fire, Holly," Shane rolled his eyes, and got out of the stool, walking away. I stood there, dumbfounded. Ugh, why does everything I say piss people off? Oh, right. I'm a troll.

I sighed, and smacked myself in the face before grabbing Matt's stupid ice and getting it for his stupid self. Stupid Matt. Stupid everything. Stupid me. I stormed out of the cabin with the ice, clenching it in my fists. I saw the fire was already going, and I could hear everybody's chatter and laughter from the porch. The scent of campfire smoke was in the air, and everyone had camp chairs circled around the pit. I saw my sexy hot pink chair, which was empty between Ally and Jordan. I picked up the pace a bit, making sure not to trip over any rocks. The sky was starting to darken, and so it was starting to get difficult to see.

"Hollywood's back!" Ally grinned as I slumped down in the chair. I searched for Matt, and saw that he was sitting on the other side of the circle, across from me.

"Here," I said, and tossed the ice pack to him, just throwing it over the fire. Matt barely caught it as it fell in his lap. He smiled at me (I think).

"Thanks, Holly," he said. I chuckled. The fire was hot, and I felt the heat bathe my face, and I shut my eyes and looked away from the fire.

"Okay, so I got the marshmellows, for whoever wants them," Amber said, holding up a jumbo pack of large marshmellows.

"Gimme! Gimme!" Brandon cried, his eyes lighting up. Amber chuckled as she passed the bag to Brandon. Damian and Shane watched as Brandon attacked the bag, taking out three marshmellows.

"Woah, don't eat too much," Damian said, smirking. I felt my cheeks redden, because I'm pretty sure I knew where he was going at. Brandon paused for a second, biting his lip as he glared at Damian.

"Okay, take some," Brandon tossed the bag to him, and Damian grinned.

"Holy shit, those are huge," Rachel exclaimed. I nodded in agreement.

"They were only 3.50," Amber smirked. "Morgan and I went to the store yesterday, and everything was so cheap."

"Did you get me some Monsters?" Jordan asked.

"No, sorry hun," Morgan fake-pouted. Jordan scowled.

I looked over at Shane, who was between Brandon and Rachel. Rachel was saying something, which was clearly funny seeing how Shane was burrying his face inside his hoodie as he laughed. I smiled. Shane's eyes crinkled when he laughed.....

I felt my forehead sweating a bit from the fire, and I groaned as I wiped it with my sleeve. Jordan chuckled at me.

"Hot, eh?" He nudged me. I nodded, smirking.

"Oh yeah, definately."

Jordan smiled, and Ally unzipped her sweater as if she was about to die. "Holy shit guys," she said, "It's burning."

"All your makeup's gonna melt off, Ally," Matt smirked. Ally's eyes widened in panic, and looked at me.

"Uh oh, Holly, you know what that means," she tugged on my sweater, and then wiped her face with it. I grimaced.

"Ally!" I said, and held up my sleeve. I saw a bunch of glitter all over it now, and sighed. Ally grinned.

"I love you," she sang, and leaned her head on my shoulder. I patted her multi-coloured hair.

My eyeballs were burning, and I had to blink several times to get the stinging away. I covered my face.

"Holly, you okay there?" Damian asked, amused. I rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah," I told him. "The fire's a little strong for me."

"Baby, there's no fire as strong as yours," Matt grinned, and he and the guys burst out laughing. Except for Shane, who was slouched in his chair, still talking to Rachel. He and her seemed to get along well. I narrowed my eyes. Wait....what am I doing? Rachel doesn't play for 'that team'.

Even if she did, why should I care? Shane should be able to get who he wants. I shouldn't have to get jealous. Ugh, jealous. I hated that word. I only loved it when other people were jealous towards me.

I looked over at Matt, who had his hood on. When he felt my eyes on him, he caught my glance, and smiled. Not a sarcastic smirk like his usual, but this was a real, legitimate smile. It caught me off guard, and I found myself smiling back.

Oh no. It's happening. I looked from Matt to Shane, from Shane to Matt. Shane talking to Rachel. Matt trying to fall asleep. Both on either side of the circle, and I'm in the middle.

It's starting to seem like I'm officially in the middle of these two boys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait. My god, time just flies by, and it's like....I can't even.....derp.

Anyways, so the next chapter, is the last day at the cabin. I don't want the whole story taking place there, it was supposed to be just a small minor temporary setting.....ugh. Whatever. It's wattpad.

So, SUMMER VACAY ALMOST HERE. Two more days of exams and I'm FREEEEE :D

*dances like a freakatron on cocaine*

YOU SHOCK ME LIKE AN ELECTRIC EEL. BABY GIRL, YOU TURN ME ON WITH YOUR ELECTRIC FEEL.

-MGMT.

Sorry, I had to. I'm listening to that song now, and my neighbours probably think I'm some psychadellic bitchtit.

vote/comment/like/fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 3.1K 29
Julia, just months from becoming a full-werewolf, is now halfway through her pregnancy, has officially hooked up with the father of her babies ...sor...
89.6K 556 67
( SHITTIEST BOOK YOULL EVER READ, CANT BELIEVE I WROTE THIS) the blonde alexander girl has known the sturniolo boys since she was eight. they're all...
533K 15.3K 52
When Phoebe's mom eloped on her single parents cruise her entire world was turned upside down. She had to move, gained a step- brother, and had to pu...
4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...