New Beginnings//Miss Universe...

By Mirabelle13

book one in the miss universe series -can be read as stand alone- Miss peregrine's home for peculiar children... More

Cast
prologue
chapter Two
Chapter Three
chapter Four
chapter Five
Chapter Six

chapter One

322 9 0
By Mirabelle13

Approx. 62 years later. 

[Amira's POV]

"bloody hell!" Enoch cries as he drops another jar. 

"you sure you don't have any of that pickling substance on your hands? i heard it can be very slippery." i told him smirking as i sat in his chair with my feet on the desk. 

he jokingly glares at me. 

i dramatically roll my eyes and sigh before flicking my finger, piecing his jar back together. 

"the heart is also more fresh now, your welcome." i told him sassily.

"thank you." he says. i chuckle and toss a piece of popcorn in my mouth.

"i don't know how you can stand to eat in here with all these hearts." Olive says disgusted from the doorway. "actually, i don't understand how you can stand to be in here at all." 

her noes pinched upwards at the sight of blood. her reaction is a lot better then it used to be. she used to faint. 

"you get used to it." i tell her. "besides, once everyone you know dies, and then you find out they're still alive, nothing bothers you. also add in the fact that i saw my moms dead body in the town square." 

"i don't know how you can joke about that." Olive says somewhat amused.

"some might say joking is a way to cover up pain." i tell her laughing under my breath. 

"i don't know why i talk to you."

"you don't know a lot of things today." she gives me an unimpressed look, leaving the doorway.

"it's because you love our conversations!" i call out to her.

"debatable!" she calls back. i laugh slightly, amused, before turning and looking at Enoch. 

he looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "why is it that you don't hang around with someone else, say Emma, or Claire, or Fiona-"

"you mean the kids i hung out with when i was five, before i knew you?" i ask cutting him off. he nods. "because they expect me to be the same five year old who had parents, played with dolls and didn't have superpowers."

"peculiarities." he corrects me.

i kick my feet off of the desk and lean forward.

"yeah, but superpowers sound so much better." 

"you still play with dolls." he tells me a moment later after silence.

"i play with your dolls." i tell him smirking. "besides, your dolls are alive and have gladiator fights, to the death. which are the best fights."

"i have to get more hearts today, from the sheep. wanna come?" he asks, looking at his shelf of mostly empty jars.

"okay, but i'm turning my back when you take their hearts. i may be fine with all of this." i say waving my hands around. "but seeing you cut open the sheep is a little too much, even if they come back tomorrow."

he laughs at me.

"stop it." i cry out. 

"stop what?" he asks coming up to me. 

"stop laughing at me!" i cry out giggling.

he smirks at me before putting his hands on my waist and tickling me.

"stop!" i cry out laughing. "no stop it!"

he starts laughing as i wiggle around in his grip. he takes his hands off his waist and put them around my shoulders bringing me into a hug. 

we were still laughing as the door banged open by Millard.

"don't worry, i'll save you!" Millard cries out.

"No, no! save yourself, Millard!" i called out to him.

"don't worry, princess! i'll come back to fight the dragon!" he tells me, before running away.

by now i'm laughing so hard, tears are coming out of my eyes.

i drop my hand onto Enoch's shoulder, laughing to hard. 

a moment later we hear shouting from outside. i break the embrace to look out of the window. i look up Enoch, who moved next to me.

"what a knight in shinning armor." i say amused looking back at Millard who was coming back from the loop entrance. "come on." Enoch says pulling me away from the window. "let's go to the farm."

i smile at him. "we need to get more jars don't we?" i ask.

he nods.

"come on, then. i heard miss peregrine sent Emma, bronwyn, olive, Millard and the twins to get someone from the present." i told him as i heard the door close downstairs. i pull him down the stairs to the kitchen. the kitchen had two rooms, one with cupboards and one with a stove and a table. miss peregrine, olive and the new boy were in the one with the stove. 

Enoch and I were in the one with the cupboards. there was no door separating them, so i could see into the other room. Enoch kept looking back at the boy who looked like Abe. 

"can you grab those?" Enoch asks already holding two jars. 

"yes, i'll just go tell miss peregrine what we're doing." i tell him. he nods.

i walk over to miss peregrine, who was talking to Jake.

"ah, miss Hopkins." miss peregrine greeted. she didn't use my full hyphenated name, because she found it a bit of a mouthful. 

"miss peregrine." i greet with a smile. "i just came to tell you that Enoch and I were about to head down to the farm."

"inside the loop i presume." she asks taking a drag from her pipe.

"of course." i tell her with a smile. I head back over to Enoch and grab the jars.

"let me help you with those." Olive says putting down the kettle.

"don't bother. wouldn't want to interrupt your tea party." he says and walks off. 

"we're good, thank you though, olive." i tell her, giving her a small smile in reassurance, before following Enoch. however, olive still follows us. 

"we may have to postpone our trip till tomorrow when we go on the walk." Enoch says sulking as we look out the window at Jake. 

a knock on the door sounds and we look at each other.

"i'll get it." i tell them before heading downstairs.

Fiona was just opening the door when i got downstairs. i come up behind her and put my hands on her shoulders reassuringly.

"hello. what can i help you with?" i ask the officer.

"i'm here about an incident at the pub." he says. i tap Fiona's shoulder.

"go get miss peregrine." she nods and runs off. 

"may i ask what happened at the pub?" i ask him.

"a couple of the kids ransacked the place, one tried to persuade the owner into thinking it was a hotel, and then someone set fire to the pub." he tells me. i frown. 

"no one was hurt, were they?" i ask concerned.

"no ma'am." 

"and someone thought it was a hotel?" i ask. 

"yes ma'am. one of these kids."

"how peculiar, that doesn't sound like any of them. they know it's not a hotel." 

"thank you miss Hopkins." i give a smile to the police officer and miss peregrine before retreating. 

i pass the kitchen hearing Millard and Hugh arguing outside. i sigh before going out. 

"boys, you know the rules of the game. play by the rules or don't play at all." i tell them. i turn to leave them, but end up catching the new boy's and Emma's conversation.

"but like i said, Enoch's off sulking somewhere."

"is he always like that?" the new boy asks.

"always, except when he's with Amira." Emma tells him. i chuckle before heading inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 2.9K 50
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
220K 6.4K 75
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.1M 36K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...