My Baby's Daddy

Por SimplyAmber96

Hayden Barnes is a 17-year-old girl who made a mistake when she was 16. She had a baby boy named Brandon with... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 26

14.3K 235 21
Por SimplyAmber96

Chapter 26

Snitch

Hayden's P.O.V*

I walked back over to Drake's room. Brandon was on the floor wandering around. I called him over and picked him up.

"What happened?" Drake asked me.

"Darren's dead."

Drake stared at me for a moment then looked away at the ceiling. He took a deep breath.

"He had it worst than I do. Was he in pain?"

"A little. He was shot in his liver so he bled out. But he was ready. He knew it was going to happen."

"I wish I could've said goodbye."

"I do to. I had just talked to him a few minutes before. But I didn't get to say goodbye."

There was a knock and I looked to see the doctor that came in earlier. He gave us a smile.

"Hi." He greeted. "I didn't know you had woken. How are you feeling?"

"I've been better." Drake answered.

"I bet you have. Let's check you and make sure you're okay."

"I'm going to go." I told Drake. "I'll see you later."

"Bye."

I took Brandon and left. I'm really happy that Drake woke up but I'm also sad that Darren died today. I don't want to show too much happiness because I lost a friend today. It's like having mixed emotions.

I got home and saw Carson's car in the driveway. I got out and walked up to his car. He sat in the drivers seat reading the paper. I knocked on the window and he looked up at me. He smiled as he lowered the window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I just thought I'd come visit."

"Don't you have a job?"

"Yes, but I'm off today."

"Come on in."

He followed me into the house. I put Brandon down and he walked over to his toys.

"Why is your mother never here?"

"Because she's always at work or sleeping with someone."

"Right. So she's never here?"

"Only if she's hungry or brings someone home. She hasn't been here for over a week."

"And you still don't want to come live with me?"

"No because I don't need you. I'm better off living on my own. At least I'm prepared for when I move out. I'm fine here."

"Alright. If you're sure. I'm here to tell you that Cindy may be pregnant. She's showing signs and she has an appointment next week."

'Oh. That's... good. Congratulations."

"You'll be there if she needs someone to talk to right? This is our first and you already having a son..."

"Yeah, of course. It would be my brother or sisters she's carrying."

"Alright, good. I'll let her know."

Carson left and I plopped down on the couch. I'm exhausted and I haven't done much today. I laid on my side and rest my head on the pillow. I put my feet up and I became even more tired. I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. I forced myself up and went to the door. I opened it and saw Ashton. He gave me a smile.

"Hi." He said. "Sorry for just stopping by."

"Why not? It's what everyone else does."

"Anyway. I know you just started talking to me again but I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date."

A date? I know I promised Darren that I'd get back together with Drake, and I'm beginning to like Drake again. But Drake really likes Fiona and I don't want to mess with their relationship. He's moving on and so I guess I should too. And Ashton did apologize over and over again. I know Marcie can be manipulative so I guess I could forgive him.

"Sure." I said. "Just not tonight, alright?"

"Great." He smiled bigger. "So how's Drake and Darren?"

"Drake woke up. He seems to be doing well."

"And Darren?"

I fought back the tears. I hate remembering that Darren isn't here anymore. I miss him.

"Darren died today." I muttered.

"He died? That's terrible. How did Drake take it? They were best friends right?"

"Look I'm not in the mood. I lost a friend today and I found out my "step-mom" could possibly be pregnant. And I'm tired."

"Okay. Sorry. I'll talk to you tomorrow in school."

"Bye."

I shut the door and went to lay back on the couch. Hopefully I'm not making a mistake getting back together with Ashton. The only reason I'm giving him another chance is because he was wrapped around Marcie's finger. But now Marcie is gone and we should be able to go back to the way things were before.

The next morning I woke feeling a little confused. I looked around and realized I was on the couch. I slept here all night? I saw Brandon asleep in the floor. At least he didn't get into anything.

I got up and went upstairs to my room. I looked at the clock and saw it was 10:30. F**k! I'm late for school. I took a quick shower and dressed. I ran downstairs and got Brandon up. I changed his diaper and clothes. I grabbed food to go and headed to the daycare.

I dropped Brandon off at daycare and headed to school. When I got there, I rushed inside to my second class. I rushed into Calculus and Mr. Lopez and the entire class looked at me.

"Sorry I'm late." I said, a little out of breath. "I had a little trouble this morning." I lied.

"It was probably morning sickness." I heard someone whisper.

"I wouldn't be surprised." Someone else whispered. "She sleeps around. Who knows how many kids she has?"

"Just take your seat." Mr. Lopez said.

I ignored what those people said and went to my seat in the back of the class. I know what people think of me but it hurts even more hearing it from their mouth. But why do they have to say such cruel things? They don't me or my life. What gives them the right to spread rumors about me? I'm glad this is my last year because I don't know how much more I'd be able to handle before going off the deep end.

Drake's P.O.V*

I hate being in this hospital. How much longer will it be before I can get out of here? The food sucks and the smells in this place makes my stomach turn.

"Drake?" Someone said. I looked to see a nurse. "I came to check on you. How are you feeling? Any pain?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Alright. Just let me know if you need anything."

She turned to leave. "Wait." I said.

"Yes?"

"Can you tell me when you think I'll be out of here?"

"Really soon. You're healing well and the bleeding has stopped completely. We just have to make sure you won't slip into a coma again. You should be clear to go in two days at the earliest."

"Alright. Thanks."

The nurse left, leaving me alone. I stared at the TV. There's nothing on so this show doesn't really entertain me.

"Drake." A familiar voice said. I looked to see Duke with his crew. How did he even know where to find me? Who told him?

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"We're here to pay you a visit. We heard about the accident."

"Accident? You set us up."

"I didn't do anything. How was I supposed to know Darren had a gun on him?"

"Darren is dead because of you. I could be dead too."

"But you're not. When you get out of here you have a lot of drops to make."

He expects me to keep working for him after what happened? He's out of his mind.

"I'm done working for you." I said.

"I'm sorry . I thought I heard you say you're mot working for me anymore."

"You heard right. I'm done. This is between life and death and I choose life. I'm not working for you anymore. You're just going to have to earn money some other way. Without me."

Duke chuckled and it made me nervous. I may act tough but Duke scares the s**t out of me and he's unpredictable.

"Sean show our friend here what happens when he refuses."

Sean walked up to my bed and punched me in my stomach. Right where my bullet wound was. I yelled in pain but his hand quickly clamped over my mouth.

"I really like that Hayden chick. She has fire. She doesn't seem afraid of me at all. She also has a pretty face and a hot body. I'd hate for any harm to come to her. And then there's that precious little boy. How old is he? 15 months I believe she said. He's so young. It'd be a shame if his life ended so soon. Don't you think?"

There's no doubt that he'd hurt Hayden and Brandon. I can't let that happen. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Fine." I gave in. "They said I should be out of here in two days at the earliest."

"Perfect! We'll see you then."

Duke and his crew left. I let out a sigh of relief. How did he even find out I'm here? I can't escape him no matter where I go. He always finds me. He ruins my life. He brought me back to this life when I was finally free. He always drags me back. Will it be this way for the rest of my life?

Hayden's P.O.V*

At the end of the day I went to pick Brandon up. After, I headed to the hospital to see Drake. I got to his room and found him staring at the ceiling.

"Hi Drake." I greeted. He jumped and looked at me. "I didn't mean to scare you. Why are you do jumpy?"

"You just broke my concentration."

"You were staring at the ceiling. Is something on your mind?"

"Nothing you need to worry about."

Nothing I need to worry about? Is it something bad? Maybe it has to do with Duke. Is he debating on whether to work for him again or not?

"When you get out of here, you're not going to work for Duke again are you?" I asked him.

He let out a humorless laugh. "Like I have a choice. It's like I belong to him now."

"Well don't let him control you."

"What choice do I have when he has you and Brandon to use against me."

Duke is using us again to get to Drake? Why can't Duke just leave Drake alone and find someone else to do his work?

"I'm turning him in." I said.

"What? Are you insane? No. You're not turning him in."

"I'm not going to risk you getting hurt again."

"He'll kill you... and Brandon."

"He won't know it was us."

"Hayden, please don't." He gave me a pleading look.

I sighed. "Fine. But one more thing and I'm turning him in."

After a while I left. It was hard sitting in there knowing I just told Drake a serious lie. I told him that I wasn't going to turn Duke in. But I'm not risking Drake's safety anymore.

I went to the police station and went to the front desk. Soon a tall man with dark hair came up to me.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Yes. There's a man named Duke. I don't know his last name, sorry. But he's illegally selling drugs and he's threatened my life and my son's life twice now."

"And?"

"What do you mean 'and'. I want him put away. I have a friend in the hospital because of him. Another friend died."

"Alright, alright. I know who you're talking about. I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you."

It's about time that Duke gets put away. Who knows who else may get hurt because of him. At least I know it won't be Drake, or Brandon and me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's the chapter. This has to be the WORST chapter out of this entire story. It was mostly just a bunch of rambling as fillers. I've lost my flow with this story and I really need to get it back on track. Sorry. :(

Please comment, vote,and/or fan. Thanks!! ;-)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

586K 23.7K 42
Alanna is the new maid for the bratty daughter of the landlord of Vienna. She hates her job and feels like her life is going nowhere because she's ju...
100K 3K 10
Emma (21) went out with her friends to Vegas after a terrible relationship. Killian (22) and some friends to Vegas for a bachelor party. When they b...
4.5M 286K 105
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
520K 15.5K 39
Living in the sidelines and being a simple student at Hogwarts had always been the plan; nothing more, and nothing less for Jessica Hawthorne. This w...