Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Emotions

Hayden's P.O.V*

I woke up to a very good smell. I got out of bed and followed the smell. I went downstairs and it led me to the kitchen. I was surprised to find Drake at the stove.

"I didn't know you could cook." I said.

He looked at me and smiled. "It's the least I could do since you took me in."

"Why do I have the feeling you're doing this for another reason? You're never this nice."

"I'm always nice."

"Oh, sure. Only to Fiona and Brandon. Everyone else, not so much."

"Whatever."

I heard Brandon's voice through the baby monitor and went to get him. I got to his room and took him from the crib.

"Morning sweetie." I said. "Daddy is fixing breakfast. Are you hungry?" He was too busy fiddling with my shirt to answer.

I brought Brandon downstairs and placed him in his highchair in the kitchen. I gave him some juice in a sippy cup to keep him entertained while Drake is finishing breakfast.

I walked around the counter to the refigerator and slipped . Everything seemed to go in slow motion. I tried to catch my balance but couldn't and began falling backwards. An arm wrapped around my waist, stopping my fall. I looked up at Drake's worried face.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"No problem."

He lift me up and I looked on the floor to see what I had slipped on and saw it was water. It must have come from Drake.

"You should really clean that water up. It's dangerous."

"I will. But I'm a little busy right now. How about you clean it up?"

"Fine."

I found a towel and placed it over top of the puddle. It soaked up and I drained it in the sink.

"Where did this water come from anyway?" I asked him.

"I washed dishes."

"You washed dishes? Come on, what is it that you want?"

"I don't want anything from you. I told you it's a thank you for taking me in."

"It's been a week. Why would you be thanking me now?"

"Just accept it."

After breakfast, which was good, we got ready for the day. Drake showered and then I washed Brandon. He played with his toys.

My cell rang and I looked to see it was Ashton calling. I smiled as I answered the phone.

"Morning gorgeous." His voice rang through the phone.

"Morning. I'm surprised you're up this early."

"Yeah, me too. So what are you doing?"

"I'm giving Brandon a bath right now. Nothing interesting."

Drake came into the bathroom with his phone to his ear. He pulled it away before speaking.

"Fiona wants us to go on a double date tonight. Are you free?" He asked me.

"Ashton, would you like to go on a double date with me tonight?" I asked Ashton.

"With Joey and Kristie?"

"No, with Drake and his girlfriend."

"Oh, uh sure. Why not? I'm free."

"Perfect. Be here at 5:00?" I looked up at Drake to make sure that was okay and he nodded.