Love is deaf • Meanie

By livvhun

Jeon Wonwoo is deaf and has been since the age of 6. One day he is making his way home through a busy street... More

The Stranger With Cat-like Eyes.
Hot Chocolate
A Date But Not Really
A Start
Missed Calls
I Wish I Could Explain
Distance Hurts
Boyfriend
Index, Pinky, Thumb
Clumsy
Not Normal
Loveliest
Red Shoes
His Suit
Anything For You
Chatroom
Move Out!
Crush
Secret Couples In Private Booths
It's A Horrid Feeling
Living is Hard
But Loving is Harder
It'll Kill Me But I Love You
Little Red Notebook
I Can't Help
Falling In Love
With You
Author's note
Mixing Play-doh

Double Entendre

9.2K 529 455
By livvhun

Mingyu's apartment was on the top floor of a complex. It was smaller but less run down than Wonwoo's. The kitchen was dark and modern and looked very expensive (Wonwoo made a mental note not to start a food fight) and was directly attatched to a cosy living room with a cream sofa and TV. A short hallway lead to Mingyu's room which was unbelievably neat. He had a double bed in the centre with a bedside table either side. A walk in wardrobe faced the door to an en suite on the wall opposite and a window cast pretty rays of golden sunlight onto the bed.

"I'm sleeping on the left!" Wonwoo yelled as he stumbled across the room and threw himself onto the bed.

Mingyu laughed and jumped onto the right side.

"Wait there." He muttered after a while before leaving the room.

Wonwoo watched the city below from the window as he waited. Like ants, pedestrians littered busy streets scurrying to and fro. He liked being so high up, it made him feel at peace.

"I got cookies, ice cream, crisps, biscuits, sweets, hot chocolate and fizzy drinks." Mingyu was grinning when he came back into the room with two shopping bags worth of junk food that he had bought before picking up Wonwoo.

"Woah." Wonwoo chuckled as Mingyu threw the contents into the middle of the bed and sat down with his laptop.

"In the 21st century we use netflix to watch movies instead of a DVD." He teased as he opened the lid.

"Not on my watch!" Wonwoo pulled his bag onto his lap and opened the front pocket pulling out several DVD's he had packed beforehand.

"Oh no." Mingyu joked.

"Shutup and choose a movie."

In the end they decided to watch all the DVD's Wonwoo brought (with subtitles, thank God) even if it took them the entire night, they had enough snacks to last them that long anyway. Mingyu made his signature hot chocolate with extra squirty cream and sprinkles because he knew that Wonwoo loved that. As each movie played they warmed the room with the fire in their hearts, cuddled closely together.

"Mingyu..." Wonwoo whispered once the sun had gone down and the only light in the room was the glow of the laptop screen. It was the first time either of them had spoke for quite a while.

"Yeah, baby."

The petname made a rush of electricty pass through Wonwoo's stomach. Like a lightbulb his heart lit up a wonderful shade of crimson filling every inch of his body with a feeling like no other. He had butterflies, a dizzy head, tingling skin, and a ecstatic smile all at the same time and it only took a single word from the mouth of a special person.

"You mean a lot to me...and you've changed my life a lot. I'm really thankful for that." Maybe it was too soon to say 'I love you' or maybe his anxiety was getting the best of him but either way the double entendre made Mingyu's stomach fill with butterflies.

He pulled Wonwoo closer to his chest with the arm around his shoulders "You're a beautiful person, Wonwoo. Never forget that." He replied.

Wonwoo looked up because he missed seeing the stars in Mingyu's eyes. Their noses brushed against one another ever so slightly and suddenly the film on the laptop screen was no longer insteresting to them.

"I think I want to stay like this forever." Wonwoo whispered.

"Me too."

Then Mingyu kissed him and his cracked lips against Wonwoo's soft ones were oh so sweet. The beauteous feelings of excitement, anxiety, adoration, and joy ran through Wonwoo sharply and all at once. It was exhilerating and utterly wonderful. If this was what love felt like and he never wanted to miss it.

"We're missing the movie." Mingyu muttered as they parted to breathe.

Neither of them cared, another round of locking lips proved that. They both wanted to stay like that for as long as they lived; in one another's arms, skin touching, lips on fire, hearts beating fast but something made Mingyu jump suddenly and he moved back.

"Someone's knocking at the door." He breathed. It took him a while to finally get up and leave the room, Wonwoo kept diving back in for another taste of his lips and Mingyu didn't want to stop him.

"I'll be a second." Mingyu said eventually and left the bedroom.

Wonwoo sighed through a soft smile. He listened to the muffled talking of Mingyu from the other room, he didn't need to hear what he was saying to appreciate the delicacy of his voice. But as the volume rose into angry yelling he began to worry.

"I told you to leave me alone!" Mingyu bellowed.

Of course, Wonwoo couldn't hear the other side of the argument between him and the person at the door so he ran into the living to see what had caused the commotion. Mingyu was fuming and standing with broad shoulders at the main entrance to the apartment. A young man was in the doorway, his features were soft and gentle and he seemed innocent and sweet from appearance but judging from the fire in Mingyu's eyes and the frown on the strangers face his looks deceived him.

The stranger spoke, pointing at Wonwoo.

"Don't bring him into this. If you ever touch him, God dammit, I will never let you see the light of day again-" Mingyu was interrupted, Wonwoo assumed, by raging yells from the gentle-faced boy who squared up to him.

"Back away, Joshua. Get out of my house." Mingyu didn't want to show Wonwoo the violent side of him but the anger his ex brought him was overpowering. Joshua gulped in response and Wonwoo was certain he saw tears in his pretty eyes.

Mingyu sighed. "Look, I'm sorry but I've moved on... and so should you." He turned him round by his shoulder and guided him out the door with his hand on his back.

Wonwoo lip read the pained words of "Take me back," that formed on Joshua's lips.

"Please don't come over here again." Were Mingyu's last words to him as he closed the door in his face.

The apartment fell deadly silent after that and for what felt like forever nobody spoke. Mingyu rested his head in his arms against the door looking broken and sore from the argument. Wonwoo put a hand on his back to comfort him though he had no idea how to act.

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

Mingyu turned to face him and leant his back to the door. Wonwoo moved closer for comfort so their faces were millimetres away and Mingyu tilted his head with a frown.

"Yeah, everything is fine." His voice was barely audible and considerably low and Wonwoo knew that was a blatant lie.

"You don't look fine. What just happened?"

Mingyu sighed heavily as if he was trying to rid of all the bad feelings inside him through a single breath. "That was Joshua," he said "he's my ex-boyfriend...kind of."

"What do you mean by kind of?"

"We never actually dated but we were very close. I was never sure how I felt about him but when he confessed I panicked and rejected him. I think I broke his heart and I've never been able to forgive myself since then."

"Oh."

"I haven't seen him in so long... until now. He just turned up asking for me to take him back. I told him that I didn't want to and he got mad. Really mad. He wouldn't leave. He's...easily hurt."

"Is that why you were yelling?"

"Yeah. He said some things about you that I didn't like. I wanted him to get out and I said some things I wish I hadn't..."

"We all do that when we're angry."

"I know. I just don't want to hurt him anymore than I already have." Mingyu bowed his head and sniffed. He was dangerously close to crying.

"Hey, don't be sad. We can sort this. You're helping me fix things with Soonyoung so I'll help you fix things with Joshua."

"You don't have to do that."

"Yes, I do. Let's go to bed now and we can think of something to do tomorrow. Is that ok?"

Mingyu nodded and sniffed again as Wonwoo took him by the hand. He had never helped someone going through a problem before, he had never had to, but he had learned from Mingyu how to deal with things like that. As well as being a perfect boyfriend, Mingyu was a great role model too.

-

The two woke up to the warmth of the sun on their faces. Wonwoo had never woken up to such a beautiful sight of yellow rays hitting golden skin before. He loved it.

Mingyu had been awake for a while but found comfort in watching Wonwoo sleep peacefully so he didn't want to move.

"Hey baby." He smiled when Wonwoo opened his eyes giving him that same rush of excitement from before.

"Hello." Wonwoo smiled back.

"I've got work today but I was thinking about taking you with me if it's your day off. Soonyoung always turns up for lunch on Tuesdays so, if you're ready, you could talk to him then."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Ok. Get ready. We can leave at about 8."

Wonwoo showered in Mingyu's en suite. It was posh and modern and he spent the entire time wondering how Mingyu could afford such an expensive apartment.

Once Wonwoo was clean and dressed he headed towards to door where Mingyu caught him in a kiss against the wall. The moment was heated and passionate but didn't last long before Wonwoo was pushing him off and telling him he would be late for the second time in a row that week if they didn't get a move on.

Mingyu tried to steal another kiss in the elevator but the doors opened before their lips met.

"I can't last a whole day like this." He mumbled mostly to himself.

"Like what?"

After chuckling awkwardly he replied "I really, really want to kiss you... all the time."

Wonwoo blushed and covered his smile with his sweater paws. "Just wait." He said but it was more of a whisper than anything.

Mingyu helped Wonwoo plan what he was going to say to Soonyoung later in the car journey there.

"So, what do you want to tell him?"

"That I want him to believe me."

"And how are you going to get him to do that?"

Wonwoo had no idea how to answer that question. Trying to prove to someone something so unbelievable was actually possible was a difficult task.

"Will you help me?" Wonwoo asked timidly.

"Of course." Mingyu smiled back.

SVTea was surprisingly quite empty when they arrived. The only people occupying the coffee shop was Jeonghan, who stood at the till, Soonyoung, who sat opposite Jihoon eating a donut, and a dark haired stranger in the corner on his laptop.

Jeonghan smirked at Mingyu as soon as they entered through the front door and immediately made a beeline towards him.

"Well done buddy. I'm glad you finally plucked up the courage." Jeonghan nudged Mingyu and winked at Wonwoo. He knew exactly what was going on between them, mostly because their intertwined hands gave away the fact that they were more than friends but also because Mingyu had been spending his nights at another persons house many days in a row- if that's not obvious then Wonwoo didn't know what was.

Mingyu brought Wonwoo closer to him before he left to get his apron. "Be brave." He whispered before planting a short kiss on his forehead.

As Wonwoo approached Soonyoung's table he was certain his hands were shaking. His stomach churned with anxiety and he wanted to run away but it was too late to turn back now. Soonyoung had already stood up to face him.

"Hey." He said though he seemed distant.

"We need to talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 58 27
"Hyung, why are you so good to me?" "Huh?" "Since this morning, I got that I persuade you into driving me to school but right now shouldn't you just...
2.4K 240 23
"𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒊 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." it was summertime. seungkwan thought now was finally the time to confess to h...
142K 5.7K 26
❝ My feelings for her, they're ambiguous ❞ Lim Eunha and Jeon Wonwoo are newly engaged couple. Forcefully. Now forced to share a life together...
8.4K 148 17
when jeon wonwoo, the free spirited popular guy, feels like he has a crush on the new, quiet girl, which also is his best friend's younger sister. Wi...