Desire... Or Blackmail? {EDIT...

By BTSgotJams_170

"T-that's sexual assault." He lets out a dry chuckle. "The only assault you'll be feeling... is my tongue... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9 (CHRISTMAS SPECIALโค)
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
BIRTHDAY (March 25th)
23
3rd PLACE!!! (Peaches and Cream Awards)
24
25
26
27
28
29 (The End pt 1)
30 (The End pt 2)
Summary of Book
IF YOU LOVE ME MYG
IF YOU LOVE ME TRAILER

18

2.4K 104 129
By BTSgotJams_170

(Y/N'S POV)

Everyone was exhausted from the flight. When strolling down the halls, many dragged their feet, preoccupied with the dreams of sprawling out on bed and reclaiming some precious leg room.

A gust of air conditioned air permeates when the automatic doors split.

An influx of fans swarm in and shriek. The four bodyguards on site appear flustered as they attempt to shield everyone from the crowd.

Hoseok's smile fades.

"What is going on?"

"Don't know. But whatever it is, don't answer anything." Namjoon says.

"JUNGKOOK WHO'S THE GIRL??"

"REPORTS SAY YOU'RE DATING HER! IS IT TRUE?"

As Jungkook marches on ahead with his head down, a separation from his bodyguard formulates a gap. A portion of the crowd begins closing in on you.

"MS! CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY ATTENDED THE NEW YEAR'S CONCERT AS A GUEST?"

"WHY WERE YOU BROUGHT ALONG TO JEJU?"

"ARE YOU A BIGHIT EMPLOYEE?"

"THEY SAY SHE'S A MISTRESS! WHO IS SHE!?"

"IS IT TRUE THAT YOU ARE PREGNANT?"

A camera pops into view. Your eyes widen.

"That's enough!" Yoongi buries your face deeper into his chest with his hand clutched around your head. He shoots the last reporter an angry glare. "No comment. Keep your integrity as a journalist and back off."

By his lead the two of you head off. The stunned crowd of fans and journalists follow loosely from behind. With an arm wrapped tightly around your frame, he lowers his head and drops in a whisper, "You okay?"

"Yeah I think I'm fine..?"

Yoongi roughly turns your head back forward as you attempt to glance back at the journalist.

"Careful. You need to save face."

"Thank you Yoongi... "

No matter how hard you think about this situation, something seems off. How was it that the press knew you were all going to be here?

Then a disturbing realization creeps under your skin.

Since it was private information... Someone must have leaked it.

When you arrive at the swarmed van, Hoseok is waiting on the outside and slides the door open. "Hurry! Hyung, go, go!"

You crawl into your seat and lean back with a pressed sigh. Yoongi slams the door shut.

"What the hell was that all about?" Seokjin blurts.

"I don't know," Yoongi grits his teeth, "All I know is that the press are out for us."

His gaze shifts to you and softens. He takes your hand gently within his grasp.

"Y/N," he says slowly, "listen to me. Life-of-a-public-figure 101, if you go out, you wear this." He plops a black cotton mask into your palm, adding, "No exceptions."

You nod. Yoongi leans back into his seat and crosses his arms.

"I'll let you borrow it for today only."

Butterflies free-fall in your stomach and you heat up. Thankfully, the rest of the members file into the vehicle one by one, saving you from embarrassing yourself any further in Yoongi's presence.

"We're going back to the company." Namjoon says from the passenger seat. "PD-nim called for an urgent meeting... You included, Y/N."

You hum in response.

"I just don't get it!" Seokjin pipes, "How did they get all this information?"

"You know how they are, they have their ways." Taehyung says nonchalantly.

"Or maybe... There's a rat." A cautious look appears in Jimin's eyes.

Jungkook forces a laugh. "Yeah right. Nice try Jimin. You almost had me there for a second."

Hoseok laughs awkwardly. "What made you think that?"

"Exactly! It's absurd." Minhee sighs.

Seokjin pauses. "No, just think about it: we're BTS! Anyone will do anything to us for their one minute of fame."

A thick silence descends, misted with lies but spilling with the straining truth. Seokjin is right and you all know it, so why deny?

Namjoon speaks up, pounding the window. "Let's not turn on each other here, okay? This is a time where we should stick together."

The others hum in unison, spun into submission by the leader's ember of anger. They know it's best not to enrage him further — last time that happened, Jungkook got punched.

"Besides," Taehyung drawls, "everyone here is trustworthy. There's no motive to take anyone down."

"Maybe... But the backstabbers are the ones who create the sweetest masks." Jimin mumbles, focusing his attention on the night scenery of Seoul. Then in a brief moment his gaze locks to yours, screeching with urgency.

What does he know?

Bangshik PD-nim spins around in his computer chair with a disgruntled sigh. "So, can someone explain what is going on?"

He lifts a large photo; a watermark with the company name Mispatch on it makes Jungkook curse. Heat swells in your face. Namjoon's eyes widen. Though obscured by bushes that cause a vignette, that picture told a story — one tip-toeing on the line of lies and reality, but enough to scandalize the public.

"The woman on the balcony... is me." Your posture shags in shame.

Bangshik's eyes are stern but warm. Did he pity you? If you were in his position, maybe you'd pity yourself too.

"Jungkook," he says, "Why weren't you honest? You know that transparency is our biggest policy."

Jungkook fidgets in his seat, obviously intimidated under the stare of this industry veteran. Sensing the tension, Bangshik sighs.

"So, how long have you been dating for?"

Confusion claps across your face and Jungkook snickers to himself. You return him a nasty glare that makes him swallow his laughter like a teaspoon of honey. His eyes soften.

"5 months." Jungkook says.

How the frickity-frack can he lie so easily?!

"Wait- you guys were dating the whole time?" Taehyung stands up in disbelief. "I thought y'all were flirting not straight up fuc-"

Hoseok clamps his hand over Taehyung's mouth.

"Don't give them any ideas!" He hushes urgently.

"Guys." Namjoon enunciates sternly.

It's no use though, Bangshik is already chuckling. Making yourself look like an idiot in front of that bunny's boss: check! This whole situation has doomed you into playing pretend in front of everyone now, not just the public; and if the secret ever gets out, you, Namjoon and Jungkook will pay for it.

Bangshik rolls in his chair, flipping a pen between his fingers as he opens a new tab on his computer.

"This is great!" He says.

Namjoon arches an eyebrow. "Sorry, but how is this a good thing?"

"Simple," Bangshik folds his hands, gently considering you and Jungkook through his gaze. "Sure, the fans will oppose it initially, however we can use this to our advantage."

A look of panic floods Namjoon's expression.

"PD-nim please! Shouldn't we think this through more carefully?"

Bemused, the elder laughs and pats the band's leader on his proud shoulders. "Don't worry! I've already made up my mind." He wags a finger in your direction. "You two, press conference tomorrow."

Jungkook opens his lips in protest but Bangshik cuts him off.

"No buts. Also, nobody leave the dorm for the next week. I'm putting you all on lockdown, or grounding, whichever term floats your boat."

Namjoon's expression visibly grows distorted as the members pass by, still shocked from the events that unfolded but deciding to sleep it off. When the last of the staff and members exit, Namjoon breaks.

"Dammit!" He combs his fingers through his hair. "I'm going to kill the fucker who fed the press those photos."

Jungkook sighs. "Hyung, calm down. There's gotta be a way to make this work."

"The more we lie the harder it will be to cover up, Jungkook. You really think that-" Namjoon huffs. "Forget it. I need a smoke."

Once the patio door closes, Jungkook leans in slightly and softly whispers, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." You squeak through rapid heartbeat.

The events from last night come to mind. It was the first time Jungkook reached out to you first — and not in a pushy way, no — but kindly, desperately. When he caressed your waist, it felt as though the world was right and not completely disfigured like now. Maybe you were out of your mind, but the makeout in the bathroom felt naughtily right.

Oh yeah... A blush dusts your cheeks as you run your fingertips down the love bits he'd left.

"These marks... Are mine. I own them. Just like how I own you... Y/N."

"Y/N," His sweet voice pierces your dazed silence. "I uh- I hope you take my confession sincerely. I'm serious about you..."

His hand envelops yours, and next his lips graze your palm. His flushed cheeks melt into your touch. "I want you."

"Jungkook..."

"Just this once," He pours sweetly, "Let me be by your side."

A miniscule grin sketches your lips.

There's really no winning against him.

You lean back into your seat on the sofa, and as a sign of approval, pat your thighs. Next you know, his body heat presses into yours, his head laying gently on your lap. Your heart pounds urgently as though bursting with adrenaline, so much so that a small part of you wonders if he can do it too.

His eyes flutter shut.

His scent fills you, completing the remains of your fragmented attraction.

"Just this once..." You mumble.

Just this once, you'll like him.

The day of the press conference rolled around like a boisterous bull; at the back of everyone's mind until it came bursting through the china shop!

"Do we really need to do this?" You mumble under your breath, looking at your dolled up, unfamiliar reflection staring back miserably. Before you can wallow in your dread much more, an arm slings around your shoulder.

"Y/N!"

"Yoongi!" You beam back cheerfully.

"Tada~"

You grab the bag he's dangling in front of you like a dog's bone, "What's this?"

"Food?"

The uncertainty and adorable shyness in his voice makes you coo. The kind gesture makes you beam, "You know me better than anyone else."

He grins, "That makes the both of us."

"But hey, didn't you get any for yourself?"

A light halo of cherry hovers his cheeks and lollipop-sweetly, he inches forward and gingerly says, "Just seeing you eat makes me full."

Before you can utter a reply, another voice zooms across the backstage makeup room. When you turn your heads towards its source, there's a frowning Jin blocking the exit as if he were the guardian of hell.

He feigns offence, saying, "Yah~ Who got her all this food! Where's mine in return for being the best hyung?"

Yoongi juts his chin forward. "Go get some yourself then."

"Fam, I am broke!"

Yoongi chuckles almost sinisterly, "Then you'll have to work twice as hard at our next concert."

Obviously displeased with your laughing at Yoongi's comment, Jin's lips purse and he let out a semi-annoyed grunt, "Whatever! I'm not buying you lamb skewers next time! Oh, and Y/N, you need to go to stand-by."

"Right." You sigh. "Thanks for the heads up Jin."

When you make your way down the corridor to the off-stage locale, a hot stare rolls down your backside. The ironically so-good-yet-so-bad butterflies lick your ribcage as you admit your desire to hear the culprit's voice.

"You look nice."

Ah... This is precarious.

You spin around and face Jungkook. He's fidgeting, expression drizzled in an exquisite champagne blush that you crave to kiss off his face, revealing yet another terrifying aspect to the trap door in your heart. Is this what they call physical attraction? Or is it something more?

"Thanks." You hush, "The last time I saw you in this suit was at the-"

"Casino?" He fills in the blank.

You grin sheepishly and clasp your hands behind your back. "Yeah."

A bubbly smile smothers his lips. You gulp.

Just how much longer can you resist this burning desire? Whenever he glances at you innocently like that, revealing the most childish and playful parts of himself, it makes you want to do things to him — the kind that would leave your hickeys tattooed down his back.

"Y/N!"

You spin back. "Jimin? What is it?"

There's sweat pearling up along his forehead and a wide-eyedness found only in those enduring intense adrenaline kicks. You take notice of trembling hands before he conceals them in his pockets.

"Y/N, about the picture that was spread around-"

"1 MINUTE REMAINING!!" A staff member in the background announces.

"Wait Jimin- What about it?"

He sighs with a look of defeat warping his feigned smile. "Nevermind. It's nothing huge."

You frown. "You sure?"

"Yeah." There it goes again: that anxious smile. You want to say more and break the hesitancy but by the time you regain composure from the puzzledness, Jimin has already skulked off somewhere. You can't help but feel uneasy as you put on your mask.

Then another body presses up against yours, arms curved around your shoulders.

"It's show time." Jungkook whispers, intertwining his hand with yours. When you tilt your head slightly upwards, he provides a reassuring glance and bares an adorable toothy smile as he says, "Ready princess?"

"Yes..." Your lips press into a flat line attempting to conceal any indication of amusement, but that in itself sends Jungkook into a short giggling spurt as you enter on stage like the nation's top couple.

The voices of hundreds of reporters and the spotlight of dozens of professional cameras combined render you as useful as a deer caught in headlights. Sensing your system shock, Jungkook tenderly grazes your hip line and guides you towards a pulled out chair, then pushing in your seat before heading on over to his own.

Bangshik, off away in an off-shute corner, taps the mic in his hands and like a herd of rabbits in the presence of a lion, the auditorium buzz dies down to a pin-drop silence.

"I'm sure you are all aware of why I have called you here today," he says. "It would be foolish to deny the rumours surrounding these two; thus, I will provide this exclusive opportunity to ask the couple questions before their next appointment."

You can feel yourself involuntarily sag a little at the anticipation of all the insults and vulgarities the reporters will hurl your way.

"Relax." Jungkook places his warm hand over yours underneath the table and says lowly,. "You're shaking."

After completing the rest of his speech, Bangshik finishes his statement with an open gesture to the reporters, "Now that this has been clarified, please, lay your questions on them."

You gulp.

"Mr. Bang has just referred to you as a 'couple'. Can the public rely on this use of language as confirmation for your relationship?" One reporter shouts over the others.

The metallic chill of the microphone ices your palm. There's a slight crackle of the microphone audio as the reporter awaits your response. You bite your lip, prepared to speak when Jungkook initiates with the reporter.

"Yes, we are. Is that such a big deal?" He says.

The statement prompts a flow of gasps and hushed mumbling to wash throughout the conference, many opting to scribble in their notepads.

"How long?" Another follows up.

Jungkook snatches your hand in his and raises it up for the crowd to observe.

"Five months." He smirks.

"Isn't it odd to date a regular civilian? Was there anything remarkable or seductive in the way she approached you?"

You remain silent and intimidated under the attention of everyone's burning gaze.

This appears to irk Jungkook.

"You seem to be insinuating that she seduced me." He chuckles. "And that isn't totally wrong, but you've got the order messed up."

You glance his way and he smiles brightly at you.

"We just met by chance."

A few journalists in the audience visibly croon at his honey-sweet words while you blush profusely.

"I didn't like him at first." Your voice quivers slightly as you look right into the audience. "But once I got to know him... My mind changed."

"I have a question for the girlfriend!" A reporter pipes up, "Why do you hide your face? Is it out of anonymity or for an alternate purpose such as to hide plastic surgery scars?"

"Unbelievable." Jungkook booms into the microphone as his hands pound into the table. "What else is everyone going to say? That she isn't pretty?"

Before the reporters can snap back, Jungkook's hands leap ahead of his mind and next you know the chilled, professional air of the room whips you in the face. Flashes spiral out of control and the shouting of the press becomes instantaneous.

Utterly horrified, you ogle at Jungkook with wide eyes.

Is he nuts!?

"This isn't part of the plan!" You hiss under your breath.

Holding your hand, Jungkook sighs, "Sometimes the best plan is to go with the moment."

"But- My face! It's-"

"Y/N." The sternness in voice invokes your body to freeze. His eyes appear sharper, angrier... "You can't hide forever. And the moment you step into the spotlight, as your man it is my job to make them know you're mine."

You bite your lip and look away. The bubbles filling your stomach instinctively make you tut at his sugar-sweet words, but deep down a part of you is thrilled, as though succumbing to a drop on a rollercoaster.

Jungkook turns back to the reporters with firm precision. "I'll answer your question with another question. Who wouldn't want to date her? To me her heart is the most beautiful I have seen in a long time — why should I give up on someone that makes me happy?"

Heat swells to your cheeks.

"Stupid bunny." You mumble sheepishly.

"How old is she!?"

"What's her name!?"

"What's her profession?"

"When did you start dating?"

"Is she pregnant?"

Sensing the tension in the room, Bangshik immediately rushes onto the stage, somewhat frazzled.

"My apologies, but those will be all the questions we'll be answering today." He bows and speedily ushers the two into the safety of the back rooms. The press grumble in protest but before any reporters can attempt to follow you, a tight wall of bodyguards secure the boundaries.

Even in the hallway you can still see the flashes off their cameras everytime you blink, as though enchanted by the dazzle. Their shouts pound through the walls.

You stop in your tracks and face Jungkook, glassy-eyed, "You jerk! Why did you do that?!"

You want to scream.

You want to cry.

But the anger is so much that it reduces your wrath into a muffled growl when challenged by your urge to not hit the idiot.

Jungkook stares back. He steps forwards. Like a rabbit petrified under the prescence of a fox, the intensity of his gaze strikes.

"Y/N." His arms wrap around your waist and he positions his chin comfortably in the crook of your neck. He gently rubs your back and presses his frame tighter against yours. "I know you're scared... I am too. But we're doing this together."

You can practically taste the sweetness of his words — they charm you like a verbal kiss.

"Can I really trust you?"

He chuckles and caresses your face, tilting it towards his. Your noses brush against each other and his breath is hot against yours.

"I'm here. I promise." He says.

You sling your arms around the expand of his back and he reciprocates. Maybe it's a primal instinct or a placebo effect but in his arms something about him seems... safe.

He stacks his chin atop of your head and you can feel the rumble of his voice throughout your body as he says, "Starting now, I'll treat you as if you are mine. I'll show you the man I can be."

A warm sensation spreads throughout your chest.

Your lip curves slightly into a suppressed grin. "I'll be watching you. Don't disappoint me."

"Where's Jungkook and Y/N?" Namjoon bursts into the living room, eventually stomping over to the pair snuggled up and watching a movie together with the others. In his footsteps there's a sense of urgency, matched only by the creases in his forehead.

"What is it hyung?" Jimin asks.

"Yeah. Why are you bugging us?" Taehyung follows, earning a glare from Jimin for being disrespectful.

"Guys... Bangshik, h-he-"

Jin sighs and cards through his bangs. "Just spit it out already Namjoon!"

The plum-haired boy inhales a sharp breath and observes everyone with his flittering gaze. He clenches his fist, "Y/N and Jungkook... Bangshik decided..."

Hey guys! That's a wrap for chapter 18! I know you probably hate me right now for the cliff hanger😏 but don't worry next chapter will be good! 😉👌

I just quickly wanted to thank everyone who's gotten this far in my book. You really are my true readers and I love y'all so much! 😘

Also thank you sooooooooo much for 1K READS! 😘😘😘❤🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊

It honestly feels like a dream. Love you all!

BTSgotJams_170 ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471K 26K 85
"How many times do I have to say I'm not a kid, hyung. Stop treating me like a petty kid who always need care and protection". Taehyung shouted clenc...
8.7K 421 22
Jimin never thought he would be seriously into BDSM. Sure, he had constantly joked about being a brat and needing to find his 'daddy' ever since he w...
736K 30.5K 70
You got up so sudden that you almost lost your balance but fortunately someone held your arms. "You okay?" A deep voice said "I uh I'm fine. Just a l...
346K 12.5K 43
โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ ๐‘ฉ๐’†๐’„๐’‚๐’–๐’”๐’† ๐‘ฐ'๐’Ž ๐’‰๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’š. ๐‘ช๐’๐’‚๐’‘ ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’“๐’๐’๐’Ž ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰๐’๐’–๐’• ๐’‚ ๐’“๐’๐’๐’‡ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’„๐’‚๐’–๐’”๏ฟฝ...