The Bodyguard.

Mommyofone1 द्वारा

My life used to be normal until HE showed up. He shouldn't have attacked me that night. If he didn't, I would... अधिक

Chapter one- My Boring Life.
Chapter 2- A Not So Fun Night.
Chapter 3- An Unfamiliar Place.
Chapter 4- The Trial.
Chapter 5- Him.
Chapter 6- The Annoying Staker.
Chapter 8- The Plan
Chapter 9- The Club Again.
Chapter 10- Darkness and Pain.
Chapter 11- Hospital Stay.
Chapter 12- The High King.
Chapter 13- Heart Ache
Chapter 14- The Escape
Chapter 15- The Manor

Chapter 7- Ross.

779 21 3
Mommyofone1 द्वारा

Chapter 7

I woke up feeling like I never even gotten a lick of sleep last night. I was so exhausted that I didn't care about straightening my hair. At least my hair wasn't too over the top poofy today. I got dressed in my black scrub pants and a blue polo work shirt and I donned on mascara and eyeliner and headed out the door. Vincient was sitting on the floor typing away on his blackberry phone.

"Off to work?" He asks, putting his phone away.

"Where else would I be going?" I asked back, turning away from him to lock the door.

"I don't know. Maybe you're going out to hunt penguins." He said with a laugh. I looked at him like he just grew two heads. When did he get a sense of humor?

"Wha? ....Really? ...Penguin hunting in Ohio?" I asked.

"It may happen." He said shrugging.

"Yea, while I'm doing that I might as well try to ride a polar bear wearing a cowboy hat doing the Macarena," I said sarcastically.

"That sounds like fun," he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Well I need to go to work. Have fun stalking me," I said heading towards my car.

"I won't," I heard him say behind me.

I got into my Chevy and drove the short distance to work. The weekends weren't as bad as the weekdays since parents usually had the weekends off. A few parents have weekend jobs, which meant they need daycare for the weekend. Luckily this daycare is opened weekends. I usually work all day because these days were so easy, and I didn't have to worry about school. Today, there were only four infants in my room to watch over.

I greeted the parents with my normal fake smile and got an update on their children's lives. One of the infant boys, named Logan, had an ear infection and I was supposed to give him some antibiotics every 5 hours with ear drops. Luckily, all the other children were healthy and had no need of medications.

I like the weekends also because I have more time to play with and teach the babies gross and fine motor skills along with speech. One of them, named Casey, is very close to learning how to walk. Next month is her birthday, which means she will be moving up to Infant II, which is the age group 1 year to 18 months. I always miss them so much when they move up. At least I get to see them when I pass their new room on my way to lunch every day.

The rest of the day went by smoothly with no complications, fortunately. The parents came in, I talked to them about what happened that day, they left with their child, and then I cleaned and disinfected the room and toys. I shut off the lights after giving the room a second glance to make sure everything was in order, signed out, then locked my room door.

Outside was dark with a bright full moon. It lit up the night making it easier to find my car, which wasn't really that hard anyways since I had the only car in the parking lot. Once I got to my car, a sudden fear came over me and I felt like there was a weird unknown presence behind me. I probably jumped a foot when I turned around to find a man only just a foot away from me, staring intently into my eyes. He had long brown hair and icy blue eyes that reminded me in Vincient. He adorned on black dress pants and a buttoned up shirt with a red tie with the sleeves rolled up. He had a handsome pale face and was tall and well built.

With no hesitation, he quickly wrapped his hand around my small fragile neck.

"Now, why would my brother be following you? A weak pathetic little human?" he asks, curiosity set into his eyes as he tilted his head, examining me closely.

Oh, now I can see the resemblance. How could I miss that, they have the same exact eyes and facial features. Man, I'm getting bad at figuring thing out.

"Brother? You two are brothers?" I asked in shock. I looked around where the moonlight hit the trees, wondering where Vincient was. He was seriously watching me the entire day, but when danger comes he's suddenly missing in action. What a wonderful bodyguard I have huh?

He tightened his grip around my throat "Answer me human." And apparently he's a vampire. Great. Of course he is. Why didn't I suspect it before?

Trying to get air into my lungs I whispered as loudly and as quickly as I could to him, "he attacked me now he has to protect me. Now please let go of me."

He loosened his grip a little bit, "so it's that new law they passed, huh? Let's see if it actually is true. It's a shame I have to kill a girl with such amazing eyes," he said with a wicked smirk on his face. Uh Oh. Not good.

The grip around my neck tightened worse and I couldn't breathe at all. My feet left the ground and I was suspended in the air with his hand around my neck like I was just some ragdoll. Stupid vampires and their Hulk-like strength! I tried clawing at his well sculpted arm, but it was a waste of my time and energy. I tried kicking him where the sun doesn't shine like I did Vincient that one time, but he already thought of that and blocked my pathetic attack attempt. Stupid fast vampires and their inability to get hurt.

My vision was rapidly starting to get blurry and my head was feeling dizzy when all of a sudden I hit the ground with a painful thud, breathing and coughing in the very precious air my body requires to survive. A few yards away from me, I saw two blurry black figures that kind of looked like shadows bouncing off each other. It looked like they were wrestling each other from what I could comprehend in the darkness. All of a sudden one of the blurry figures fell on the ground while the other was crouching over him breathing heavily. Vincient looked terrifying with his fangs out and the red eyes with the black veins popping out. Vincient's brother was below him laying on the ground, with the same terrifying face.

"Leave her alone, now!" Vincient said to him.

"Now why would I do that when she is the only thing keeping you alive right now?" His brother replied with a smug look.

"If you don't leave her alone I will fucking kill you right now," Vincient replied angrily. He looked at me with worry in his red eyes.

"Not if I kill you first." He said with anger in his eyes.

"Ross, please don't do this, not now," he said looking back to his brother.

"And why shouldn't I? You deserve to die, you piece of shit," he said while lunging towards Vincient. He jumped on him so Ross was on top and Vincient was on bottom. He started punching Vincient's face, but he blocked it and kicked Ross off him. Ross did a one handed flip and landed on a branch in a tree at the edge of the parking lot.

"You're lucky this time brother. Next time you won't be as such." He said giving me evil eye. I was so frightened I just looked at him with big saucer eyes. I probably looked like a fish out of water to him.

"Yea, run away like you always do! You coward!" Vincient said.

"I would love to stay, but I have some errands to run that is in the most importance. I got what I wanted from the beautiful animal anyways. See you very soon brother." Animal? What a jackass.

That's when he disappeared in the blink of my eye. I was still on the ground, but now I was trembling with fear.

Great! Now every time I turn a corner I have to fear for my damn life! I never thought the guy who is supposed to protect me would have a vengeful brother who has been trying to kill him in the first place. What's up with the luck I've been having recently?

"You son of a bitch!" I heard Vincient yell at him. All of a sudden he was right next to me helping me get to my feet.

"Are you OK?" he asked.

"Just a little sore, but I'm fine thanks," I said rubbing my neck. It felt like a golf club just hit my neck over and over again.

"I am so sorry!" he said while pulling me into a big hug. My face became hot and red, but hid strong arms around me helped with the trembling, so I hugged back, embracing his warmth and smelling his very intoxicating cologne.

'Wait, what was I doing? I'm not supposed to be hugging the guy I hated! Stop this now Ella, fucking stop!' I thought in my head.

After a little bit longer,I pulled away frantically in complete embarrassment and I looked into his eyes and I asked angrily, "Where were you?"

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I didn't realized you left until the stupid bracelet started to hurt me. I will never do it again, I promise," he said looking into my eyes.

I nodded, "did it hurt bad?" I asked taking my eyes off his and looking at his bracelet. I can't believe it actually works. But at least it's comforting to know that it does.

"I've felt worse," he said with a smirk. "You should let me drive you home tonight. You are in no condition to be operating heavy machinery."

"I can drive just fine, I'm not a child," I replied in a huff.

"Please, just let me do at least this," he said with beautiful blue puppy dog eyes.

"All right. How could I refuse a face like that?" I smiled while handing him my keys. The drive home was silent. I wasn't used to being the passenger of my own car, but at least he wasn't much a reckless driver as I thought he was. I wonder what made his brother so angry with him. Why would somebody want to kill his own family member? I wanted to ask him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. It seemed like it was something very personal to him and I didn't really want to pry, but I was now in the middle of it I probably should pry.

We got to my apartment in one piece (thankfully). I climbed up the stairs and then unlocked the door.

I turned to face Vincient. "Thank you for saving me tonight."

"No problem. It's my shitty job," he said smiling his cocky smile.

"Will you come in?" I asked hesitantly. I knew this could be a mistake, but I felt safer knowing he could get to me easier this way. After tonight, I knew he was willing to save me, no matter what the cost. Even though I knew it was to save his own life. I guess I'm beginning to trust him  little more than I should.

He froze, looking at me with shock. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," I answered. With that, Vincient stepped through my doorway into my apartment. I looked around the apartment's hallways to see if anyone was watching me, then closed the door and locked it behind me. We stood there in awkward silence for a little while. I twiddled my thumbs nervously.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"You may, but I may not answer it," he replied.

"Why does your brother want to kill you?"

"See, I don't want to answer that. And I won't answer it. So drop the subject."

"Well I would really like to know since I'll be in the middle of it. Please?" I asked nicely as I could.

"Hmmmm, no. Now please just drop the subject," he replied.

"Argh fine then! Uh... well... you can use the couch and watch TV if you'd like. I need to do some homework and get some well deserved sleep," I said. I wonder why he won't talk about it. Maybe in time he will tell me. If not I'll have to torture him. But for now I won't pester him too much about it. It seems like a touchy subject.

"Sounds good to me. Sweet dreams, sweetheart." He said with a wink. I nodded my head with a shy smile and small blush and went into my bedroom, after making myself some salad to eat. I sat on my desk, attempting to concentrate on my work while eating at the same time, but I had no luck. I couldn't stop thinking about the yet another almost encounter with death today and the hot vampire in my living room doing who-knows-what.

Gah! Why can't my life be normal? If it wasn't for Jax making me go to that stupid club. Speaking of Jax, I haven't called her all week to see how she was. I had a few missed calls from her, but I've been too busy to call back. Maybe I will sometime soon. I need to call my mom also. She'll be wondering soon how I am. Things to put on my mental list of things to do soon.

After an hour of attempting to do my assignments I gave up, frustrated. Making lesson plans were not as easy as it looks. I got up and dressed into my PJ's, which consisted of shorts and a tank, and hopped into my bed with my soft fleece blankets. I closed my eyes to easily go into a deep sleep.

Vincient's POV:

I am never letting that happen ever ever again. That was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life and non-life. It felt like fire and electricity running through my veins at the same time. It was so stupid of me to go grab me a bite to eat at the local hospital. Blood bags, ick. Not as good as fresh 98.8 degree blood. Now I'm going to have to do it when she is sleeping because he can't get into her apartment at least.

Stupid psychopathic brother.

I sat on the neon couch, not wanting to watch TV. Instead I listened to the beating of her heart. It always seemed to calm me down recently when I'm feeling stressed or angered or frustrated, which seems to happen all the time now.

Her apartment was really plain. White walls with nothing on them, non matching furniture, a really ugly neon uncomfortable green couch, and brown carpet. It looked like she wasn't very clean by the clothes scattered on the floor and dishes in the sink.

Typical college student, I thought to myself with a sigh.

But, that college student was my only chance of survival thanks to that stupid new law. At least she's good looking, especially her electric blue eyes and when her hair is down and all curly. I wonder, why does she straightens her beautiful black curls?

Wait..... Why am I thinking these thoughts?? I should be thinking thoughts of protecting her and keeping her away from Ross, and not on her beauty. I mentally slapped myself thinking those thoughts again.

Oh well. Might as well enjoy my long imprisonment for now.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

150K 7.1K 26
*ORIGINAL STORY, WRITTEN IN 2015, COMPLETED & EDITED IN 2016.* BOOK I of the "Making her" Series "The Wolf, the Human & the Vampire" I, Daciana Lupu...
854K 26.1K 35
I ran. I ran for a long time. I'm tired, I want to rest. But if I stop, they will get me. They will kill me. And everyone else around me. But it's...
668 4 46
They say magic breeds consequence but doesn't everything in life, take love for example after everything you did for love was it worth it? I thought...
252 45 46
*The story is printed and can only be purchased through me. I finally let my love knock on my door after all these years. I 'm ready to let myself fi...