MaNan: Meeting Our Stars

By _icecubes_

What happens when suddenly you meet your star!? Uexpected right!? Well.. Peep in the story to know more. Cove... More

1. The Collide
2. Happiness
3. Preparing For Him
4. His pain..
5. Taking care of him..
6. Taking care of her..
7. Maybe last time..
8. Please come back to me.
10. You make him fine
11. Just leave.
12. I'm sorry! I know I'm dumb.
13. Will you be mine?
14. Never leaving you alone.
Last A/N

9. Chocolate and Sugar

2.4K 242 4
By _icecubes_

Nandini's house

"This is seriously too much Nandu. So many things happened and you didn't even tell me. Why!?" Mukti's anger is raising, and I can sense an explosion coming.

I try to make my best puppy face, keyword 'try', cause she glares at me for doing that.

I clear my throat, "I'm sorry!" She turns her face to the side crossing her arms.

"I know I should've told you, but lots of things happened too soon, and I just couldn't think anything straight." All those things just happened too soon, and my mind has been blocked since then.

"I know that Nandini! And maybe I understand too." She takes a pause and looks at me with teary eyes, "But you have no idea how it feels to come home, and see your best friend crying like hell sitting on the floor. When I called you a week ago you said you were fine, and that's why I decided to stay. Why didn't you tell me the truth!? You needed me, and I wasn't there and I feel so ashamed of myself for not being able to recognise it from your broken voice."

My eyes fill with tears again, "I'm sorry." My voice comes out in whispers.

When she called me, it was difficult for me to hide my sobbing. She got suspicious, but I told her that it's just cold and I'll be fine. I don't want her to give up something she loves for me.

It's been one entire week since Manik is in that hospital.

Doctors said there are very less percent chances for him to survive, but he's breathing slowly, and that makes his surviving chances a little bit more.

Everyday all go and visit him, even some of his friends from the industry visit him along with his family members.

Everyone that comes says, he'll be fine. But it sounds more like a fake assuring now, because Manik has decided to just rest on that bed and not respond to any medication.

His fans are going crazy. Once they tried to break into the hospital to see him, situation got really out of control, but somehow the guards managed.

I feel two arms being wrapped around me and I realise it's Mukti.

I hug her back and digging my face into her neck start sobbing loudly.

God knows how much time passed like that, with me sobbing and she patting my head.

I break apart and wipe the tear stains with the back of my hand.

"Shona, you want your Manik fine na? Then let's make him fine. Let's make him see that he can't just rest on that bed always." Her voice sounds determined and she gives me her naughty smile.

"What are you planning to do?" She planning something alerts me always.

"Just wait and watch until tomorrow." She yawns and stretches her arms, "For now I'm going to sleep, I feel so tired. Good night."

She gives me a kiss on the cheek wishing good night and goes into her room.

Aiyappa, now what is she planning to do!? I just hope she doesn't do something crazy.

But who am I kidding. She can't live without doing something crazy.

***********************
Next day

"There's no improvement happening Mrs.Malhotra. He's aware of all the things happening around, but something is holding him back, and that's why his body isn't responding to any medicine. There are only few things we can do now. I hope those work." Doctor leaves telling that to aunty who falls back on the chair.

Does he have any idea what kind of pain we all go through when he says these kind of words!? But it's not even his fault, he's just saying the truth.

Aunty puts both her hands on her dull and completely drained out face from crying all these days.

She's trying to stay strong, but every hour is killing her from inside.

I look at my watch and it's 11:45 already.

Mukti said she'll be here by 11:30, but hasn't reached yet.

Aiyappa, what is this girl up to?

"Hello everyone!" Mukti's voice breaks my trance and even aunty looks up at her with a confused face.

Mukti's holding a red roses bouquet in her left hand, while she has some balloons in the right one.

"Don't give me such alien looks." She tells me and turns to aunty, "Can I go inside?"

Aunty just nods her head and Mukti's smile widens more while she walks in front of me directly inside the ward.

Aiyappa, is ladki ke dimag me kya chal raha hai?

"Nandini, I'll just come back." I nod my head and aunty walks away.

I go behind Mukti and open the door slightly just to be able to peek inside. When I look at her, she's tying balloons with Manik's bed while the flowers are placed near his face on the other side.

Once she's done, she looks up at smiles sheepishly, "I know you want that. I remember our deal."

What deal!?

She comes around and sits on the chair, pulling a chocolate from her back pocket.

What!?

She munches on her chocolate making different sounds, "What!? Chahiye? Then get up and snatch it."

She takes another bite, and relishes the taste closing her eyes, "This is heaven jiju."

Like what!?

Jiju!? Who!? Manik!? Why!? When!? How!?

Like what the hell!?

I look up and she keeps her chocolate aside, "I know you love your sleep, but I also know you love chocolate. Be it this one, or the another one."

She keeps her hand on Manik's one, "Jiju, aapki wo wali chocolate na, bilkul salty hogayi hai. Not sweet at all." She pauses and looks down, "Only you can get back her sweetness. Don't you want it to be sweet? I know you do, cause you love your chocolate more than I do."

What chocolate is she talking about?

Manik never told me about any such chocolate.

Then how does Mukti know about it?

This is all so confusing.

She takes her hand back and again starts munching her chocolate, "By the way, what's with this sleeping mode 24/7? So tired? I know sleeping is good for health, but not on this bed." She stops and looks at him, "Ek second, don't tell me you got tired by sleeping on your bed, that's why you chose this one!? Like no ways! This one is nothing compared to that one." She again bites on her chocolate, "Pagal ho aap!"

Wo toh hai!

She keeps munching for some minutes, until suddenly she gets up, "Oh freak! I'm so stupid. Kaam ki baat toh bhul hi gayi mai." She hits her forhead and sits back again.

"I met sugar."

How the hell someone can meet sugar!?

"Not that good, but I think it's perfect for your chocolate." She bites on the last bite, "They'll make a good mixture." And gulps the melted chocolate in her mouth.

"So now you only decide, what you want to add in it." Folding the wraper and licking her fingers she gets up, "Mai toh chali." She walks two steps, "Mixture banane."

I hurriedly close the door and sit on the chairs looking around, when the door opens and I look at her smiling face.

Pretend Nandini.

"So kya baatein ki?" Hoping she would tell me I give her a smile.

"Haw Nandini, kisi ne tumhe bataya nahi, kisi ki personal life ke baareme nahi puchte? Very bad manners."

"But if it's related to someone close to you, then we can ask. Bata na." My curiosity is raising now. She never hid something from me, then why now?

"Fine." She shakes her head, "I just discussed about a recipe." Before I can ask something more, she cuts me, "Nandini, I need to leave now. See you at night. Bye." And with that she hurries down the hall.

What recipe!?

Manik ko puchti hoon.

I open the door and directly sit on the chair beside him holding his hand in mine.

"Manik, what recipe was Mukti talking about?" I make a pout, "Why did she discuss that with you?"

I look at the ceiling, as if I would find an answer over there, "It's not like I have a problem, but which chocolate? Why is that chocolate special to you?"

I look down at him, "Don't tell me this is one of your mischiefs. Cause if it is na, then I'll strangle you." I point my finger to him expecting him to hold it like he used to do.

"But, if it's some cake recipe or something then I'm okay. Mukti said about sugar, maybe it's some special sugar she brought from her trip. I want to taste it. Ghar jaake Mukti ko bolungi to let me taste it, and maybe she lets me make that recipe along with her." I smile thinking about chocolate, "I'll be the happiest to make it."

I feel a sudden movement in his fingers. When I look down at his hand they're moving and he's breathing rapidly, his heartbeat is going too fast.

Oh God, what's happening?

"Manik, manik, are you.. you.." I don't complete and just rush out of the door to call a doctor.

*************************
Missed me!?
I did miss you guys.

Let me know your thoughts about this chapter.

Rabbit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 21.9K 39
And it began with that one night. One night that changed everything. One night that changed all equations. One night that broke all relations. One ni...
216K 15.5K 73
It's a story about a couple MANAN where husband never thinks beyond his business and singing and wife is craving for his love, care and attention. It...
550K 44.7K 64
"Don't! Don't ever do that to me." "It's my life my choice!" "It's not!" "Why do you think so?" "Because YOU ARE MINE FOREVER AND ALWAYS" "Wow! Am I...
853K 63.3K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...