The Grounder (The 100 FanFict...

By ATotalNerd

DISCONTINUED! {READ AT OWN RISK} It's been 97 years since the people of the Ark were last on Earth. To see if... More

Authors Note **MUST READ**
{1} The Hidden Hunter
{2} The Enemy
{3} War
{4} One of Them
{5} Savages
{7} Two Traitors
{8} The Disease
{9} Death
{10} Revenge
{11} The Coward
{12} A Silent Farewell
{13} Trust
{14} The Search Team
{15} Interrogation
{16} Her Second
{17} Withdrawl
{18} Sacrifice
{19} Of Poison And Blood
{Authors Note}

{6} An Old Friend

7.7K 201 29
By ATotalNerd

Okily dokily, neighborinos.

Schools almost over so once finals are done and summer starts, I'll update more often.

Kk, chapter six

If you have any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, or HELPFUL criticism, please feel free to message me.

enjoy!

______________

The fog ended after a few hours, just as Kaia had said. She walked outside of the cave to make sure it was safe, then she went back inside for Bellamy. She didn't want him putting pressure on his leg, so she was his crutch as they walked.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"I'm taking you home," she simply replied.

They continued to walk through the forest until they got to the wall of the 100's camp.

"No ones on guard," Bellamy muttered. He hobbled over to the gate and tried to open it. "Locked."

"Wait here," Kaia said.

She then began to climb up the nearest tree. Eventually she found a sturdy branch, and without any hesitation, she jumped off the branch and landed on the opposite side of the wall. She unlocked the gate and helped Bellamy inside, closing the gate behind them. Just then, people began to flood out of their tents and the drop ship. The air tensed when they realized there was a Grounder in their camp.

"Bellamy!" Octavia exclaimed when she saw her brother. Her face dropped when she saw who was next to him.

"Hello," Kaia said, trying to relieve the tension.

"Let him go," a random boy said. He picked up his gun and aimed it at her.

Just then, Clarke walked out of the drop ship. She put her hand on the boys gun and he reluctantly lowered it.

"How did you get in here?" she asked.

"Your wall has some flaws," Kaia replied. There was a moment of uncomfortable silence.

Then Bellamy shouted, "Get back to work!" and everyone began to do something productive. Bellamy limped to the drop ship with the help of Kaia, and Clarke and Octavia followed behind them.

Once inside, Bellamy sat down on the nearest bed with a groan. His leg and arm were sore.

"Who the hell is she?" Octavia immediately asked him.

"And why is she here?" Clarke added.

Bellamy explained how he was wounded while returning to camp, and that she had taken care of him while they took cover in a cave for the past week.

"Are you a doctor?" Clarke asked the Grounder.

"The best healer you'll find," she replied.

"We could use another doctor," she muttered. "What's your name?"

"Kaia. Yours?"

"Clarke."

"Glad we're all getting along," Bellamy said monotonously.

"You look pale," the Grounder said. She inspected his face, then noticed that his lips were chapped. "He's dehydrated."

"I'll get him some water," Octavia said, then she left. It was quiet. An awkward quiet.

Eventually Kaia said, "I know you think I'm just a savage, but I'm not like the other warriors. I want to help you."

"Why do you want to help us?" Clarke asked suspiciously.

"I want to end this war... and end Anya's reign."

"Why would you want that?"

"I have my reasons."

The two women stood there, unsure if they should trust the other.

"I can help you or I can destroy you," Kaia said. "It's your decision."

Clarke looked at Bellamy.

"Can we trust her?" she asked.

The Grounder looked down at him, curious about his answer. He seemed unsure.

"If she betrays us," he eventually said, avoiding Kaia's gaze. "we'll kill her."

"Likewise," she responded.

"We'll set up a tent for you," Clarke said to her.

"You can give it to someone else. I don't need a tent. I have to go get some supplies. I'll be back before sunset." She turned to Bellamy. "Don't-"

"Put pressure on my leg or use my arm, yeah, yeah, I got it," He gave a little smile. "She's worse than you." he joked to Clarke. Clarke didn't laugh.

Kaia smiled, then left the drop ship.

***

She walked through the forest, enjoying the serenity. At the moment, she was in a bad position. If her people found out she was taking the aliens side, they'd kill her.

After a long time of walking, the Grounder used her secret passage to avoid all the guards, and she made it to her home. It was a disappointing dark cave, but she tried to make the best of it. She gathered all the books she had that were about medicine, farming, war, et cetera and put them in a backpack. She re-stocked her cargo pants pockets with little bags of supplies, and lastly, she gathered all her medical supplies and clothes and stuffed them in a bag, which she slung over her shoulder. She was carrying a lot of weight.

Then she headed back to the camp of her new allies. She walked through the woods yet again, her bow and arrow at the ready.

"Kaia?"

She spun around and let go of an arrow. It was stuck in a tree a few centimeters away from the persons face. Shocked, they took a few steps away from Kaia. She put down her bow when she saw who it was.

"Kaia, is that you?" he said. "You look so different!"

"What are you doing here, Sam?"

"I'm here to represent my clan," he said. "I have a meeting with Anya. I assumed you'd be there." He paused, just the noticing the bags she was carrying. "Are you going somewhere?"

"I'm joining the Ice Nation," she lied.

"I've known you since we were kids," He stepped forward. "Do you really think I can't tell when you're lying?"

Sam's innocent face matched his personality. He was handsome with soft blue eyes and short, wind-swept brown hair. He had gotten a lot more muscular since she had last seen him.

"I'm not lying," she said, trying to seem convincing. "I'm different now."

"That's obvious. The Kaia I used to know wouldn't lie to me."

She rolled her eyes and continued walking, dropping her bow to her side again. She heard her old friend begin to walk beside her.

"What are you doing?" she asked him, coming to a halt.

"I'm coming with you. You need the protection of a big, strong man." he joked, puffing out his chest and posing. A grin tugged at Kaia's lips, but she pushed it away.

"You can't. You have to go to your meeting. I can take care of myself, I'm not a little girl anymore."

"Anya can wait," he said. "I haven't seen you in years, I'm not leaving you now."

She realized that her lie was falling in on itself. She couldn't tell him the truth. He'd just try to stop her. Or worse, he'd tell Anya.

She brushed away these thoughts and trusted her instincts. She took out her knife and held it at her side.

"Sam, you can't come and that's final. You're staying here willingly or unwillingly. Your choice."

"Fine," he sighed, taking a few steps back. "Go then."

He then began to walk away, towards Kaia's old home. She sighed and continued walking in the opposite direction, towards the alien's camp.

***

"What's taking her so long?" Bellamy wondered. It was now dark outside, and the 100 were eating their dinner. He stood next to Clarke, who was eating her food.

"Bellamy!" a boy ran up to him. "The Grounder bitch is back."

Bellamy got up and opened the gate to see Kaia behind it. Before she could pass through the gate, he put his hand in front of her and stopped her.

"Wait," he said. "Who's that?" He nodded his head towards the darkness behind her. She turned to see Sam standing there with a confused expression on his face, which slowly contorted into anger.

"Kaia, move!" He raised his spear to throw it at Bellamy.

"No, don't!" Kaia shouted, then a gunshot sounded. Sam fell to the ground in pain. "Don't shoot!" she yelled. She rushed over to him, inspecting his wounds. He was shot in the knee.

"Who is he?" Bellamy demanded.

"Why'd you shoot him?" she shouted at a boy on guard whom people were patting on the back.

"Who is he?" Bellamy said louder and slower.

"Shut up and help him inside!" she commanded. Bellamy moved close to her face.

"Who is he?" he growled very slowly.

"Right now, he's my patient," she hissed back. "Now help me bring him inside."

He paused, then turned to a couple boys behind him who we're watching it all.

"Bring him in the drop ship," he said gruffly. The boys hesitated. "Now!" he shouted. The boys reluctantly picked up Sam, ignoring his yelps of pain when they touched his wound, and brought him into the drop ship.

"Thank you," Kaia muttered, then rushed to go help Sam.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150 6 28
You are in control You are traveling to Earth after a future apocalypse with the same people from the first The 100 takes place, except you are your...
2.9K 125 10
It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were...
Falling By Collen

Fanfiction

11.2K 323 56
Two years before The 100 where sent to the ground Clarke is sent on a solo mission for finding out about the oxygen system. Once down she meets Lexa...
196K 3.8K 150
Bellamy Blake X Dakota Solace • Dakota was sent down to earth as one of the 100. Her knowledge is put to the test on the ground as she makes a connec...