Goodbye Ain't Ever Meant A Th...

By JeanieCarroll

Sienna's been best friends with Brantley Gilbert since she could walk and a lover since she was in high schoo... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12-M
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17-M
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20-M
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23- Part 1
Chapter 24-Part 2/3

Chapter 16

1.3K 53 43
By JeanieCarroll

"Oh Mr. Gilbert, we don't have you on the schedule today. Did you need something?" the reception asked flustered as she searched her computer worriedly. Her blonde hair was tied up in its usual bun, the red lipstick was missing meaning she only wore it when he was coming in. If he was here on other business he would have laughed, but today...today he had something to handle.

"No, no Mary. I'm here to speak to Derrick Wilder, is he in?" The much larger man smiled, working the charm he knew would allow him to be lead the garbage of a man's office. He laid on his Georgia accent a little thicker, knowing it would knock her off her feet.

"Yes, he just got back from lunch! Right this way." giggling she stood from her desk and motioned for him to follow. Slipping his hand into his pocket, his fist wrapped around the familiar weight of brass knuckles. The younger blonde was shaking her hips a little overdramatic. Sweet girl, but she always tried to tempt Brantley. Not that it worked to her dissatisfaction. He thanked her as he opened the door of the office and stepped through, barely missing the fact that she was using the file in her hand to fan herself once he was gone. Shaking his head he sat in the seat closes to the desk, his back to the door. His phone vibrated in his pocket but he ignored it. Probably one of the guys from his MC. He had sent out a text early this morning with a picture of Sienna's bruised legs, a picture of Derrick and a simple message "Raise some hell."

"Brantley, what do I owe the pleasure?" Derricks voice was full of sarcasm as he walked behind his desk. Brantley couldn't help but smile at the dark mark on the side of his face. His girl did good. "I can only spare a minute. I'm quite busy."

"You know why I'm here." He spoke, leaning forward and placing his elbows on his knees. His knuckles wrapped tightly in his other hand. His eyes were cold as they stared at the weak, pathetic waste of skin in front of him. He had always been a very understanding man, but as it was written in all of his songs, you never...and I mean never have an excuse as to why you would hit a woman.

"I'm afraid I don't. How's Sienna? She didn't come home last night. I called her parents and she wasn't there either. So tell me did you two have fun with your little sleepover?" Outrage laced each word as Derrick leaned forward, cocky little fuck. Brantley laughed, a deep dark laugh begging him to try. He balled his fist a little tighter, pushing just a bit of his anger down. This wasn't just Derrick's place of business. He'd warn him today and any further action Derrick too would just be fuel on the fire.

"You know damn well why she's at my place. You ever contact her again, you'll be dealing with me boy, and you don't want to see that side of me." Brantley stood, resting his now brass covered knuckles against the wooden desk. The sounds of metal against the wood rang out, but Derrick just smirked.

"She'll come back to me. Just like she did when she first came to this shit hole of a town." Derrick laughed as he shook his head. He truly believed that.

"No, no she won't. I won't let her. You can threaten me all you want it don't bother me one bit. Don't contact her. Don't even look in her direction do you understand me, boy? You ain't seen nothing yet. Think you're so badass on a lady but I guarantee you ain't ever meet a grown ass man like me. I know what you did to her. I saw the bruises. I saw the scar. I heard the stories. You're lucky I don't bust your face in right now. It's a different story when I'm on the other side of my 9. I won't be as generous my girl." Brantley was fuming by the time he finished. The vein in his neck was popping, his muscles tense as he slammed a fist down on the desk leaving a noticeable imprint.

"You just wait and see Brantley. I'll get her back. I always do. You think it's the first time she's left me? If my count is correct this is the fifth." Derrick was playing with fire and he knew it. How pissed could he make the man in front of him? How long before he snaps? With a wicked smile of his own, Brantley turned and walked out of the office. He'd get him. Just give it time. Too many witnesses and cameras here. He walked down the hall, sliding his dark glasses back on. Just wait boy...

"Have Scott call me immediately Mary." He didn't wait for an answer. Instantly he hopped in his truck and pulled out his phone, dialing the one person who would have all the answers he needed.

"Well hello, son." His angel's voice flowed through the cab of his truck like music to his ears. She was always one of the people he could count on.

"Hey, Angel. I gotta quick question for ya. What can I do to make bruises heal faster?" He heard her sigh. He was sure she was sitting at her desk at his old school, shaking her head as the wild thoughts ran through her mind, "It's not for me Angel!"

"Oh thank the lord!" She breathed, making him laugh.

"Think so lowly of me Mama. I'm hurt!" He teased. He knew she had good reason to believe that he was the one with bruises. Only God knows how many times he came home with bruises knuckles and black eyes. Every time she grabbed a bag of peas and hold them to whatever wound while tannin his hide.

"Oh you know I love ya. It depends on how old the bruise is though son. There's lots of things within the first few hours but fewer after about 24." She spoke thoughtfully. "Whos it for baby?"

"It's for Jason Mama. He got hit pretty hard by one of the bucks out on the farm and couldn't get a hold of his Mama. It's on his ribs so it's hurtin him to move." He lied smoothly but the tsk on the other end signaled she didn't believe a word he said.

"Son I might have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Who's it for?" he sighed deeply, rubbing a hand on his face before debating.

"It's for Rosey Posey Angel. Derrick beat her somethin good." He swallowed hard as he heard her gasp.

"I'll be there in a few. Let me stop by the store and Brantley Keith don't even try to tell me no!" He didn't even get to object before he heard a click. Rosey was going to kill him. He pulled into his drive, staring at the door. His girl would be sitting on the couch, cup of hot cider in her hand watching some lame geeky show he never quite got the grasp of.

"Hey baby, uhhh...Mamas comin over." He felt like shit as he watched her eyes grow and she began to shake her head. He could see her swallow hard as she held her cup tighter.

"Brant I don't want her to see me like this. I didn't even want my own mama to know/" He sighed, taking her hands in his and kneeled in front of her.

"I know baby. I called her to see what I could do to help you. Told her it was Jason that got hurt but that woman reads me better than a book." He watched as a small smile graced her lips. She looked beautiful. She might be black and blue but she was still the most beautiful girl in the world. A knock at the door rang out making him raise his eyebrow. "Damn that woman's fast."

"She's your mama, plus everything's right down the road. It's Jefferson." Rosey laughed quietly before swallowing hard. He smiled towards her before opening the door. His mother shoved passed him and immediately engulfed Sienna in a warm embrace. Another woman followed behind, waving slight at the larger man.

"Well hello to you too Angel." He said jokingly earning a glare that made him glad his ears were all the way across the room.

"Oh, baby." She mumbled against Siennas red hair as she held her tight, "Brantley this is Dr. Rachel McClain, she's one of the women I work with for the women's shelter. She can go over Sienna and give a report to the police."

"Really there's no trouble. We have to get the pictures and documentation within the first few hours to make a sturdy case." Dr. McClain spoke seeing Sienna begin to protest. Brantley kneeled before her again, and rest his hand on her cheek making her eyes close.

"They're right, baby. I know it's fresh and you don't wanna talk about it but we have to do it. Then I'll run you a bath and we'll watch X-files." She nodded, smiling briefly as she stood, his shirt and sweats drowning her, but also hiding most of the marks. He went to follow but his mother held up her hand. Swallowing hard he ran his ring-covered fingers over his face. A weak smile came across his lips as he walked to his bedroom. They must have gone to the spare room. The lighting was better in there for the pictures. He quietly grabbed his Wal-Mart candles from their drawer and set them all around the bathroom. The water was a little hotter than normal so it would stay warm until she was done. He smiled lightly as he placed a few drops of lavender oil. Her favorite. There was a romantic side under his rough tough exterior. He stood, staring out the back window. He allowed his mind to wonder what would be coming in the next few weeks. Would her mind begin to relieve those moments? Would she develope some form of PTSD? Would it affect her at all now that she was with him again?

"What are you doin Brant?" her voice was weak but there was a small smile. Forty-five minutes must have passed quickly.

"I told you Id run you a bath baby." he answered in a 'duh' sense making her giggle. He closed the gap between them, running his thumbs under her eyes and collecting a few tears. She leaned up pressing a soft kiss to his lips. He could tell she was hiding her emotions.

"Mama said to let you know she'd let herself out. They have things to do." He didn't even answer, transfixed by the removal of her clothing. "You gonna join me?"

"Don't mind if I do baby." She giggled at the drop in his voice, and even harder at the growl that escaped his lips.

Authors note: 

Me being bumped out over the Government shut down, affecting both my husbands jobs, means you guys get a new chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16 0 7
Sienna and Seth have been best friends for as long as they can remember, but Seth has been hiding something from her... His feelings. He has been in...
25.5K 447 36
When Talia was little she had tried her hardest to be friends with Emmit, but he ignored her. Then they started middle school and Emmit decided to ac...
77.4K 2.1K 21
Nix is visiting her brother Knox when she meets an outlaw who changes her views on a lot of things. BG is home and restless until he meets a wild ch...
103K 2K 30
Harley grew up with her best friend Brantley Gilbert but when he left to do start his career in country music and Harley soon left to do her career i...