Names And Their Meanings

De Tak1997

Names and meanings list Resources: 2000names Mais

female japanese names 1
Male japanese names 1
male japanese names
Femake Irish names
Fox Names
Female Irish names
male irish names
male irish names
irish male names
German Girl Names
German Female names
German male names
german male names
german male names
german male names
Welsh female names
welsh male names
male turkish names
Female Turkish Names
Female French Names
French Female Names
Female French Names
Male French Names 1
Male French Names
Male French Names
Celtic Male
Celtic male
Celtic female
Norse Male
Norse female
Female Nat.American
Female Nat.American
male Nat.American
male Nat.American
Russian Male Names
Russian Male Names 2
Female Russian Names
Female Russian Names 2
Thai Male Names
Thai Female Names
Female/Male Fantasy Names
Fantasy Girl Names
Fantasy Girl Names
Fantasy Male Names
Flower Names 1
Flower Names 2
Flower Names 3
Flower Names 4
Warrior Names 1
Warrior Names 2
Dreams
secret/mystery names
dragon names
Scottish Male Names
Scottish Male Names 2
Scottish Female Names
Note

Elements

1.8K 10 0
De Tak1997

FIRE:

UNISEX:

HUO (霍): Chinese unisex name meaning "fire."

TLACHINOLLI: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "fire."

TLEXICTLI: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "fire navel."

XIPIL: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "noble of the fire."

XIUHCOATL: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "fire serpent" or "weapon of destruction."

MALE:

ADEN: Anglicized form of Gaelic Áedán, meaning "fire." Compare with another form of Aden.

ADROUSHAN: Armenian name meaning "temple of fire-worship."

ÁED: Old form of Gaelic Aodh, meaning "fire."

ÁEDÁN: Diminutive form of Gaelic Áed, meaning "little fire."

ÁEDH: Variant spelling of Gaelic Áed, meaning "fire."

ÆTHON (Αἴθων): Greek myth name of one of the horses of the sun god Helios, meaning "burning, fiery."

AIDAN: Anglicized form of Gaelic Áedán, meaning "little fire."

AIDEN: Variant spelling of English Aidan, meaning "little fire."

AODH (pronounced ee): Modern Irish and Scottish Gaelic form of Old Gaelic Áed, meaning "fire." In Celtic mythology, this is the name of a sun god.

AODHAGÁN: Irish double diminutive form of Gaelic Aodh, meaning "tiny little fire."

AODHÁN: Irish diminutive form of Gaelic Aodh, meaning "little fire."

AODHFIN: Irish name meaning "white fire."

AODHFIONN: Variant of Irish Aodhfin, meaning "white fire."

BRENTON: Habitational surname transferred to forename use, composed of the Old English elements bryne, meaning "fire, flame," and tun "enclosure, settlement, town," hence "fire town."

CANICUS: Latinized form of Scottish Gaelic Cináed (English Kenneth), meaning "born of fire."

CINÁED: Scottish Gaelic name, meaning "born of fire." Kenneth is an Anglicized form.

CIONAODH: Irish form of Scottish Gaelic Cináed, meaning "born of fire."

CONLÁED: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Conlaodh, meaning "purifying fire."

CONLAODH: Irish Gaelic name composed of the elements connla "pure, chaste" and aodh "fire," hence "purifying fire."

CONLETH: Modern form of Irish Gaelic Conláed, meaning "purifying fire."

CONLEY: Anglicized form of Irish Gaelic Conláed, meaning "purifying fire."

EDAN: Variant spelling of English Aidan, meaning "little fire."

ETHON: Variant spelling of Greek Æthon, meaning "burning, fiery." In mythology, Zeus punished Prometheus for giving fire to mankind by having him tied to a rock where a giant eagle named Ethon ate at his liver which regenerated every night.

FINTAN: Anglicized form of Irish Gaelic Fiontan, meaning "white fire."

FIONNTÁN: Variant form of Irish Gaelic Fiontan, meaning "white fire."

FIONTAN: Irish Gaelic name composed of the elements fionn "white" and tine "fire," hence "white fire."

GUAFI: Chamoru name meaning "fire."

HADYN: Welsh form of Gaelic Áedán, meaning "little fire."

HRAG: Armenian name meaning "fire."

HUOJIN (金霍): Chinese name meaning "fire god" or "fire metal."

IAGAN: Scottish form of Irish Gaelic Aodhagán, meaning "tiny little fire."

KEEGAN: Irish surname transferred to forename use, from an Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac Aodhagáin "son of Aodhagán," hence "tiny little fire."

KEGAN: Variant spelling of English Keegan, meaning "tiny little fire."

KENITH: Variant spelling of English Kenneth, meaning both "born of fire" and "comely; finely made."

KENNET: Scandinavian form of English Kenneth, meaning both "comely; finely made" and "born of fire."

KENNETH: Anglicized form of Scottish Gaelic Cináed, meaning "born of fire." This was probably the first Anglicization. Compare with another form of Kenneth.

KENNITH: Variant spelling of English Kenneth, meaning both "comely; finely made" and "born of fire."

KENNY: Pet form of English Kenneth, meaning both "comely; finely made" and "born of fire."

KENT: Contracted form of Scandinavian Kennet, meaning both "comely; finely made" and "born of fire." Compare with another form of Kent.

MAIPE: Chamoru name meaning "fiery; hot."

MILINTICA: Nahuatl name meaning "fire; he is waving."

NOOTAU: Native American Algonquin name meaning "fire."

NUR (נוּר): Aramaic name meaning "fire." Compare with another form of Nur.

OGNIAN: Variant spelling of Bulgarian Ognyan, meaning "fire."

OGNYAN: Bulgarian name derived from the word ognen, meaning "fire."

PAYTAH: Native American Sioux name meaning "fire."

PLAMEN (Пламен): Bulgarian name derived from Slavic plam, meaning "fire, flame."

PYRRHOS (Πύῤῥος): Greek name meaning "flame-like." In mythology, this is the name of a son of Achilles. He is also known as Neoptolemus. PYRRHUS: Latin form of Greek Pyrrhos, meaning "flame-like." In mythology, this is the name of a son of Achilles. He was also known as Neoptolemus.

PYRROS (Πύρρος): Variant spelling of Greek Pyrrhos, meaning "flame-like."

ROWTAG: Native American Algonquin name meaning "fire."

SU: Basque name meaning "fire."

TIT (Тит): Russian form of Roman Latin Titus, meaning "fire; to burn" or "straining."

TITAN (Τῑτάν): According to Diodorus, the Titans were named after their mother Titaia, meaning "fire; to burn." Hesiod derives the name from titaino, "straining." In Greek mythology, this is the name of a sun god, the brother of Helios, and the name of a race of giants. It is also the name of the largest moon of the planet Saturn.

TITO: Italian and Spanish form of Roman Latin Titus, meaning "fire; to burn" or "straining."

TITOS (Τίτος): Greek form of Latin Titus, itself possibly a derivative of Greek Titan, meaning "fire; to burn" or "straining." In the bible, this is the name of a companion of Paul.

TITUS: Possibly a derivative of Greek Titan, meaning "fire; to burn" or "straining." In the bible, this is the name of a companion of Paul.

TYSON: English surname transferred to forename use, derived from a byname for a person who is "fiery tempered," from the Old French word tison, meaning "firebrand."

TYTUS: Polish form of Roman Latin Titus, meaning "fire; to burn."

UD (אוּד): Hebrew name meaning "firebrand."

URI: Anglicized form of Hebrew Uwriy, meaning "fiery" or "my flame, my light." In the bible, this is the name of several characters, including a prince of Judah.

URIAH: Anglicized form of Greek Ourias (Hebrew Uwriyah), meaning "flame of Jehovah" or "God is my light." In the bible, this is the name of several characters, including the husband of Bathsheba.

URIAHU: Variant spelling of Hebrew Uriyahu, meaning "flame of Jehovah" or "God is my light."

URIE: Variant spelling of English Uri, meaning "fiery" or "my flame, my light."

URIYAH (אוּרִיָּה): Variant spelling of Hebrew Uwriyah, meaning "flame of Jehovah" or "God is my light."

URIYAHU: Variant form of Hebrew Uriyah, meaning "flame of Jehovah" or "God is my light."

UWR (אוּר): Hebrew name meaning "flame or light of fire," also possibly "revelation." In the bible, this is the native place of Abraham, the city of the Chaldeans, and a center of moon worship. The Persian form of Uwr/Ur is Urim, also meaning "fire, flame." According to the Book of Jubilees, the city of Uwr/Ur was named by Ur, son of Kesed.

UWRIY (אוּרִי): Hebrew name meaning "fiery" or "my flame, my light." In the bible, this is the name of several characters, including a prince of Judah.

UWRIYAH (אוּרִיָּה): Hebrew name meaning "flame of Jehovah" or "God is my light." In the bible, this is the name of several characters, including the husband of Bathsheba, and a prophet slain by Jehoiakim.

VULCAN: Roman name meaning "flash." In mythology, this is the name of a god of fire.

FEMALE:

ADENA: Feminine form of English Aden, meaning "fire."

ADENAH: Variant spelling of English Adena, meaning "fire."

ADENE: Variant spelling of English Adena, meaning "fire."

AZAR: Persian name meaning "fire."

EDANA: Feminine form of English Edan, meaning "little fire."

FAJRA: Esperanto name meaning "fiery.

"FIAMMETTA: Italian name composed of the word fiamma "fire" and a diminutive suffix, meaning "little fire."

GABIJA: Lithuanian name possibly related to proto-Mongolian *gabi-, meaning "careful, diligent, skilled." In mythology, this is the name of a goddess of fire.

HOURIG: Armenian name meaning "little fire."

HRATCHOUHI: Armenian name meaning "fire-eyed."HREGHEN: Armenian name meaning "fiery."HRATCHOUHI: Armenian name meaning "fire-eyed."HREGHEN: Armenian name meaning "fiery."KEEZHEEKONI: Native American Cheyenne name meaning "burning fire."KENINA: Feminine form of English Kenneth, meaning both "comely; finely made" and "born of fire." KENNA: Feminine form of English Kenneth, meaning both "comely; finely made" and "born of fire." Compare with another form of Kenna.MAKENNA: Variant spelling of English Mckenna, meaning "born of fire."MCKENNA: Irish and Scottish surname transferred to forename use, from an Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac Cionaodha, meaning "son of Cionaodh," hence "born of fire."NINA: Native American Quechua name meaning "fire." Compare with other forms of Nina.TITAIA: Greek name, said to be cognate with Sanskrit tithá, "fire," from Aryan tith, "to burn." In mythology, this is the name of the mother of the Titans who were named after her; therefore possibly another name for Gaia (Earth). TOPAZ: English name derived from the name of the gem, "topaz," the birthstone for the month of November. Pliny says that the topaz was named for an island where the yellow stone was mined, either in the Red Sea or the Arabian Sea. The word was derived from Latin topazus, from Greek topazos/topazion, which is of obscure origin, but there may be a connection with the Sanskrit word tapas, meaning "heat; fire."UDIA: Variant spelling of Hebrew Udiya, meaning "fire of God."UDIYA (אוּדִיָּה): Hebrew name meaning "ember (or fire) of God."URIT (אוּרִית): Hebrew name meaning "fire, light."URITH: Variant spelling of Hebrew Urit, meaning "fire, light."URITI: Variant form of Hebrew Urit, meaning "fire, light."

EARTH:

UNISEX:

GEORGIE: Unisex pet form of English George and Georgia, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

ILA (इला): Hindi unisex name meaning "earth." In mythology, it is not clear whether Ila was male or female. In one story he begins as a male but turns into a female. Compare with other forms of Ila.

KUN (坤): Chinese unisex name meaning "earth."

MALE:

AATAMI: Finnish form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."

AATOS: Pet form of Finnish Aatami, meaning "earth" or "red."

AATTO: Pet form of Finnish Aatami, meaning "earth" or "red."

ÁDÁM: Hungarian form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."

ADAM (Greek: Ἀδάμ, Hebrew: אָדָם):

Greek form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "the red earth."

Hebrew name meaning "earth" or "red." In the bible, this is the name of the first man created by God, the husband of Eve.

ADAMO: Italian form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."

ADAMOS (Ἄδαμος): Greek form of Hebrew Adam according to Josephus, meaning "the red earth."

ADÁN: Spanish form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."

ADÃO: Portuguese form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."

ADDAM: English variant spelling of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."

ADDIE: Pet form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red." Compare with another form of Addie.

ADEM: Turkish form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."ÁDHAMH: Irish form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."ADNET: Medieval French form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red." It is now a surname.ADNOT: Medieval French form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red." It is now a surname.AKAMU: Hawaiian form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."ATAM: Armenian form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "red earth."AZIBO: Egyptian name meaning "earth."DEMETER: Hungarian form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower ofDemeter." DEMETRIO: Italian form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."Portuguese form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."Spanish form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DEMETRIOS (Δημήτριος): Greek name derived from the name of the goddess Demeter ("earth mother"), meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DEMETRIUS: Latin form of Greek Demetrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DEÒRSA: Scottish Gaelic form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."DIMITAR (Димитър): Bulgarian form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DIMITRI: Variant spelling of Slavic Dimitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DIMITRIJ: Slovene form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."

DIMITRIJE (Димитрије): Serbian form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."

DIMITRIOS: Variant spelling of Greek Demetrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower ofDemeter."DIMITRIS: Contracted form of Greek Dimitrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower ofDemeter."DIMITRIY (Дими́трий): Slavic form of Greek Demetrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DJORDJE (Ђорђе): Serbian form of English George, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."DJORDJI: Romani variant spelling of Serbian Djordje, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."DMITAR: Croatian form of Greek Demetrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DMITRI: Variant spelling of Russian Dmitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DMITRII: Variant spelling of Russian Dmitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DMITRIY (Дми́трий): Russian form of Greek Demetrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DMITRY: Variant spelling of Russian Dmitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DMYTRO (Дмитро): Ukrainian form of Greek Demetrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DÖMÖTÖR: Hungarian form of Roman Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth."DUMITRU: Romanian form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower ofDemeter."EA: Akkadian form of Sumerian Enki, meaning either "lord of the earth" or "lord of the underworld." In Babylonian mythology, this is the name of a god of creation, wisdom, keeper of divine laws, and half-brother to Enlil. EADE: Middle English pet form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."ENKI: Sumerian name, possibly derived from en-kur, meaning "lord of the underworld" or "lord of the Earth." In Babylonian mythology, this is the name of a god of creation, wisdom, keeper of divine laws, and half-brother to Enlil. ERDMANN: Altered form of German Hartmann, meaning "strong-man," however in the 17th century the first element of this name became associated with German Erde "earth" giving it the meaning "earth-man." ERMETE: Italian name derived from Latin Hermes, meaning "of the earth."ERMINIO: Italian form of Roman Latin Herminius, meaning "of the earth."GEORDIE: Byname for a person from the Tyneside region of England, derived from an Old English diminutive form of George, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORG: Czech and German form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGE: English form of French Georges, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGES: French form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGI (Георги): Bulgarian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGII (Георгий): Russian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGIOS (Γεώργιος): Greek name derived from georgos, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGIUS: Latin form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGIY (Георгий): Russian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGO: Esperanto form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGS: Latvian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGY: Variant spelling of Russian Georgiy, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

GHEORGHE: Romanian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

GIORGIO: Italian form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GIORGINO: Diminutive form of Italian Giorgio, meaning "little earth-worker, farmer."GJERGJ: Albanian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GJORGJI (Ѓорѓи): Macedonian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GOGA (Гога): Russian Georgi, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GORA ( Гора): Pet form of Russian Yegor, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." Compare with another form of Gora.GÖRAN: Swedish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GORGI (Ѓорѓи): Variant spelling of Macedonian Gjorgji, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GORKA: Basque form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GORYA (Горя): Pet form of Russian Yegor, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GUGA: Variant spelling of Bulgarian/Russian Goga, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." Compare with another form of Guga.GYÖRGY: Hungarian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." In use by the Romani.GYURI: Pet form of Hungarian György, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."HERMÊS (Ἑρμῆς): Greek name meaning "of the earth." In mythology, this is the name of a son of Zeus and Maia. His Roman name is Mercury.HERMES: Latin form of Greek Hermês, meaning "of the earth." In mythology, this is the name of a son of Zeus and Maia.HERMINIUS: Roman Latin name, possibly derived from the name of the god Hermes, meaning "of the Earth." In mythology, this is the name of one of Aeneas' warriors who was killed by Catillus, a warrior from Tibur.IORGHU: Romanian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

JERZY: Polish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

JIŘÍ: Czech form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

JOERI: Dutch form of Russian Yuri, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

JÖRAN: Variant spelling of Swedish Göran, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORCK: Dutch form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORDI: Catalan form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." Compare with another form of Jordi.JOREN: Dutch and Frisian form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JÖRG: German form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORGE: Portuguese and Spanish form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JÖRGEN: Swedish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JØRGEN: Danish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORGJI: Albanian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORI: French Provençal form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORIS: Dutch and Frisian form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORKKI: Finnish form of Swedish Jörgen, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JØRN: Contracted form of Danish Jørgen, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORY: Cornish form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURAJ: Croatian and Slovak form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURE: Croatian and Slovene form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JUREK: Pet form of Polish Jerzy, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURG: Dutch and Frisian form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."J�RGEN: Low German form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURGEN: Dutch form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURGIS: Lithuanian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURI: Slavic form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURIAN: Low German form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURIJ: Slovene form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURIS: Latvian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JURRIAAN: Dutch form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JUSSI: Finnish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JYRI: Finnish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JYRKI: Finnish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."KEVORK: Armenian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."MAHKAH: Native American Sioux name meaning "earth."MILTIADES (Μιλτιάδης): Old Greek name derived from the word miltos, meaning "red earth."MITICA: Pet form of Romanian Dumitru, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."MITJA: Pet form of Slovene Dimitrij, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."MITYA (Митя): Pet form of Russian Dmitri, meaning "loves the earth."

ÖRJAN: Swedish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

QEB: Egyptian name meaning "father of the earth."

SEOIRSE: Irish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."SEÒRAS: Scottish form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."SIÔR: Welsh form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."SIÔRS: Welsh form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."SIORUS: Welsh form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."SIORYS: Variant spelling of Welsh Siorus, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."SJORS: Pet form of Dutch Jurgen or Jurriaan, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."TLALOC: Nahuatl name meaning "of the earth." In Aztec mythology, this is the name of a god of rain. XURXO: Galician-Portuguese form of Latin Georgius, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YEGOR (Егор): Russian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YIORGOS (Γιώργος): Modern form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

YORGOS (Γώργος): Contracted form of Greek Yiorgos, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

YORICK: Shakespeare character name, probably meant to be a variant form of Danish Jorck, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

YRIAN: Swedish and Norwegian form of Low German Jurian, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YRJAN: Variant spelling of Norwegian/Swedish Yrian, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YRJÄNÄ: Variant form of Finnish Yrjö, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YRJÖ: Finnish form of Norwegian/Swedish Yrjan, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YRKKI: Pet form of Finnish Jorkki, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YURI: Variant spelling of Russian Yuriy, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."YURIY (Юрий): Russian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."

FEMALE:

ADAMINA: Scottish feminine form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."ADAMINE: Scandinavian feminine form of Hebrew Adam, meaning "earth" or "red."ADAMINNA: Variant spelling of Scottish Adamina, meaning "earth" or "red."AVANI (अवनी): Hindi name meaning "earth."DEMETER (Δημήτηρ): Greek myth name of a goddess of agriculture, derived from Doric Da-mater, meaning "earth mother."DEMETRA: Variant spelling of Latin Demetria, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DEMETRIA: Feminine form of Latin Demetrius, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DEMI: English short form of Latin Demetria, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter." EARTHA: Old English name meaning "earth, ground."ERESHKIGAL: Mesopotamian name meaning "great lady earth." In mythology, this is the name of a goddess of Irkalla, the land of the dead.GÆA: Latin form of Greek Gaia, meaning "earth." Her Roman name is Terra.GAIA (Γα�α): Greek name meaning "earth." In mythology, this is the name of the goddess of earth, the wife of Uranus and mother of the Titans. Her Roman name is Terra.GE (Γῆ): Modern form of Greek Gaia, meaning "earth." In mythology, this is the name of the goddess of earth, the wife of Uranus and mother of the Titans.GEENA: Variant spelling of English Gina, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." GEORGEANNA: English compound name composed of Georgia "earth-worker, farmer" and Anna"favor; grace." GEORGENE: English variant spelling French Georgine, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGETA: Feminine form of Romanian Gheorghe, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGETTE: Feminine form of French Georges, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGIA: Feminine form of English George, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." GEORGIANA: Feminine form of English George, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." GEORGINA: Feminine form of English George, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." GEORGINE: Feminine form of French Georges, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GERGANA (Гергана): Feminine form of Bulgarian Georgi, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GIA: Variant spelling of Greek Gaia, meaning "earth."GIGI: Pet form of French Georgine, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." GINA: Compare with other forms of Gina.Pet form of English Georgina, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." Also a pet form of other English names ending with -gina.Pet form of Italian Giorgina "earth-worker, farmer," Luigina "famous warrior," and other Italian names ending with -gina. GINETTE: Pet form of French Virginie "maiden, virgin," Georgine "earth-worker, farmer," and Régine "queen."GIORGIA: Feminine form of Italian Giorgio, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GIORGINA: Pet form of Italian Giorgia, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GYÖRGYI: Feminine form of Hungarian György, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GYÖRGYIKE: Pet form of Hungarian Györgyi, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."HERMIA: Feminine form of Latin Hermes, meaning "of the earth." HERMIONE (῾Ερμιόνη): Greek name derived from the name of the god Hermês, meaning "of the earth." In mythology, this is the name of the daughter of Menelaus and Helen.IRJA: Feminine form of Finnish Yrjö, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JIŘINA: Feminine form of Czech Jiří, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."JORJA: Modern spelling of English Georgia, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." LAGINA: Modern elaborated form of English Gina, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." LUR: Basque name meaning "earth."MAKA: Native American Sioux name meaning "earth."ONATAH: Native American Iroquois name meaning "of the earth."PAPA: Maori myth name of the mother of the gods, meaning "earth."TERRA: Roman equivalent of Latin Gæa (Greek Gaia), meaning "earth." In mythology, this is the name of a goddess of earth. Compare with another form of Terra.TIERRA: English name derived from the Spanish word for "earth."TLALLI: Nahuatl name meaning "earth."

TUWA: Native American Hopi name meaning "earth."

AIR, WIND:

UNISEX:

ILMATAR: Finnish unisex name, derived from the word ilma, meaning "air." In mythology, this is the name of an androgynous virgin deity of the air.

MALE:

AEOLOS: Variant spelling of Greek Aiolos, meaning "sparkling; quick-shifting; quick-moving."

ÆOLUS: Latin form of Greek Aiolos, meaning "sparkling; quick-shifting; quick-moving." In mythology, this is the name of the king of winds.

ÆTHER: Latin form of Greek Aither, meaning "bright, upper air." In mythology, this is the name of one of the first gods, the son of Erebus and Nyx. He is the god of the pure, upper air that only the gods breathe, as opposed to the gloomy, lower "aer" breathed by mortals.

AIOLOS (Αἴολος): Greek name meaning "sparkling; quick-shifting; quick-moving." In mythology, this is the name of the king of winds.

AIOLUS: Latin form of Greek Aiolos, meaning "sparkling; quick-shifting; quick-moving."

AITHER (Αιθήρ): Greek name meaning "bright, upper air." In mythology, this is the name of one of the first gods, the son of Erebus and Nyx. He is the god of the pure, upper air that only the gods breathe, as opposed to the gloomy, lower "aer" breathed by mortals.

AMMON (Ἄμμων): Greek form of Egyptian Yamanu, meaning "the hidden one." In mythology, Yamanu is the name of a god of wind and air. Compare with another form of Ammon.

AMUN: Variant spelling of Greek Ammon, the myth name of a god of wind and air, meaning "the hidden one."

ANIL (अनिल): Hindi myth name of a god of the wind, meaning "air, wind."

ANVINDR: Old Norse name composed of the elements an "against" and vindr "wind," hence "against the wind."

AVIRA (אַוִירָא): Aramaic name meaning "air, atmosphere, spirit."

EHECATL: Nahuatl name meaning "wind serpent."

ELLIL: Akkadian form of Sumerian Enlil, the name of the chief deity of the Babylonian religion, meaning "Lord Wind," or more literally "Lord of the Command."

ENLIL: Sumerian name meaning "Lord Wind," or more literally "Lord of the Command." In Babylonian mythology, this is the name of the chief deity and half-brother to Enki.

ERION: Variant spelling of Albanian Erjon, meaning "our wind."ERJON: Albanian name meaning "our wind."ERMIR: Albanian name meaning "good wind."

EYVINDR: Old Norse name composed of the elements ey "island" and vindr "wind," hence "island wind."

FENG (風): Chinese name meaning "galloping horse" or "wind."

GOVAD: Persian name of one of the 23 Hamkar archangels, meaning "good wind." Govad's special domain is "wind and waves."

GOWAD: Variant spelling of Persian Govad, meaning "good wind."

ILMARI: Short form of Finnish Ilmarinen, meaning "air."ILMARINEN: Finnish name derived from the element ilma, meaning "air." In mythology, this is the name of a sky god.MAKANI: Hawaiian name meaning "wind."NIYOL: Native American Navajo name meaning "wind."PHONG: Vietnamese name meaning "wind."WAYRA: Quechua name meaning "wind."

STRIBOG (Стрибог): Slavic myth name of a god of frost, ice, and wind, meaning "flowing god."

FEMALE:

ANEMONE (Άνεμονη): Greek name derived from the word anemos, meaning "wind." In mythology, this is the name of a nymph who was turned into a wind-flower.

ANILA (अनिला): Feminine form of Hindi Anil, meaning "air; wind."

AURA: English name derived from the vocabulary word aura, meaning "subtle emanation around living beings," from Latin aura, meaning "air, breeze, wind," from Greek aura, meaning "breath, breeze."

AUREOLE: English name derived from the word aureole, a diminutive form of Latin aura ("air, breeze, wind"), hence "little breeze" or "little wind."

ERA: Albanian name derived from the word erë, meaning "wind."

ESEN: Turkish name meaning "wind."

HAIZEA: Basque name meaning "wind."

ILMATAR: Finnish name derived from the word ilma, meaning "air." In mythology, this is the name of an androgynous virgin deity of the air.

KIWIDINOK: Native American Cheyenne name meaning "of the wind."

MEIFENG (美風): Chinese name meaning "beautiful wind."

TADEWI: Native American Omaha name meaning "wind."

TUULA: Variant form of Finnish Tuuli, meaning "wind."TUULE: Estonian form of Finnish Tuuli, meaning "wind."TUULI: Finnish name derived from the word tuuli, meaning "wind."TUULIKKI: Finnish myth name of a forest goddess, composed of the word tuuli "wind" and a diminutive suffix, hence "little wind."

WATER:

UNISEX:

ATL: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "water."

INNA (И́нна): Russian unisex name meaning "strong water." This name was originally a male name, but became somewhat popular as a religious girl's name due to the misidentification of the sex of the Russian martyr Inna, a male student of the Apostle Andrei.

MOANA: Hawaiian unisex name meaning "wide expanse of water."

NAHUATL: Unisex name derived from the name of the Nahuatl language, meaning "four waters."

MALE:

ARLEN: Variant spelling of Cornish Arlyn, meaning "water battle."

ARLYN: Cornish name composed of the elements ar "war" and lyn (also lin and lo) "pool, water," hence "water battle."

ARVIN: Possibly a variant spelling of English Irvin, meaning "fresh water" or "green water."

BRAHMA (ब्रह्मा): Hindi name derived from the Sanskrit root bŗh, meaning "to enlarge, to swell," hence "the creator." Not to be confused with the Buddhist Brahma whose name was borrowed from Hinduism but whose god has nothing in common with the Hindu god. In Hinduism, Brahmais a member of a Trinity called Trimurti, the other two members being Vishnu "the preserver" and Shiva "the destroyer." Brahma is also called Nabhija "navel-born" and Kanja "water-born."

BUZIBA: African Ganda name meaning "deep water; open water."

CALDER: English surname transferred to forename use, probably from the place name Calder in Cumbria, composed of the Welsh elements caled "hard; violent," and dwfr "stream, water," hence "violent water."

GLENDOWER: Anglicized form of Welsh Glyndwr, meaning "valley water."

GLYNDWR: Welsh byname transferred to forename use, composed of the elements glyn "valley" and dwr "water," hence "valley water."

IRVIN: Variant spelling of English Irvine, meaning "fresh water" or "green water."

IRVINE: Scottish surname transferred to English forename use, from the Celtic name of a river, composed of the Welsh elements ir/yr "fresh, green" and afon "water," hence "fresh water" or "green water."IRVING: Scottish surname transferred to English forename use, composed of the Welsh elements ir/yr "fresh, green" and afon "water," hence "fresh water" or "green water."LEITH: Scottish surname transferred to forename use, derived from the name of a river of Celtic origin, meaning "flowing water."MBIZI: Egyptian name meaning "water."

MOAB: Anglicized form of Hebrew Mowab, meaning "water," i.e. "seed," hence "of his father." In the bible, this is the name of a son of Lot.

MOWAB (מוֹאָב): Hebrew name meaning "water," i.e. "seed," hence "of his father." In the bible, this is the name of a son of Lot.

NÊREUS (Νηρεύς): Greek name derived from the word neros "water," hence "wet one." In mythology, this is the name of a god of the sea.NEREUS: Latin form of Greek Nêreus, meaning "wet one." In mythology, this is the name of a god of the sea.

NERIO: Italian name derived from Greek Nereus, meaning "wet one."

QUAN (拳): Chinese name meaning "spring (of water)." Also a martial arts term meaning "fist." Compare with another form of Quan.

UISNECH: From the Celtic name for the Rasena Druids, meaning either "waters of pure spirit" or "seed of the pure."

UR: Basque name meaning "water." Compare with other forms of Ur.WILEY: Old English name meaning "water meadow." Compare with another form of Wiley.

FEMALE:

AHAVA (אַהֲבָה): Hebrew name meaning "water" or "I shall subsist." In the bible, this is the name of an area in Babylonia where Ezra gathered the exiles.

AMADAHY: Native American Cherokee name meaning "forest water."

ANAT: Semitic (Ugaritic) name of a goddess of war, the sister and lover of the great storm god Ba'al, meaning "water spring." She is said to have been a consumer of blood and flesh. Compare with another form of Anat.

ANATU: Variant spelling of Semitic (Ugaritic) Anat, meaning "water spring." In mythology, this is the name of a goddess of war, the sister and lover of the great storm god Ba'al. She is said to have been a consumer of blood and flesh.

ARETHOUSA (Ἀρέθουσα): Greek name meaning "the waterer." In mythology, this is the name of one of the Hesperides, and a water nymph (Nereid), daughter of Nereus, who was pursued byAlpheus, the river god. Artemis changed her into a fountain.ARETHUSA: Latin form of Greek Arethousa, meaning "the waterer."AYSU: Turkish name meaning "moon water."

HYDRA (Ὕδρα): Greek name derived from the word hydor, meaning "water." In mythology, this is the name of a many-headed water dragon killed by Hercules.

MESI: Egyptian name meaning "water."MOKOSH (Мокошь): Slavic name derived from the word mok, meaning "wet." In mythology, this is the name of an earth goddess known as Moist Mother Earth. She is connected with shearing and weaving, and she spins the web of life and death.

NAIDA (Наида): Russian name derived from the word nayda, from Greek Naiad, meaning "water nymph."

NEITH: Egyptian name meaning either "water" or "weaver." In mythology, this is the name of a mother goddess, the personification of the waters of life.

NERINA: Feminine form of Italian Nerio, meaning "water."NERINE: Feminine form of Greek Nereus, meaning "daughter of Nereus" or "sea sprite" or "wet one." It is also the name of a genus of plants native to South Africa but now spread worldwide. It is a bulb plant that produces beautiful pink funnel-shaped flowers in the fall, similar to the Belladonna Lily, though smaller. In use by the English.NILOFER (نیلوفر): Persian name meaning "water-lily."NILOOFAR: Variant spelling of Persian Nilofer, meaning "water-lily."NILOUFAR: Variant spelling of Persian Nilofer, meaning "water-lily."

NILÜFER: Turkish form of Persian Nilofer, meaning "water-lily."

ODAHINGUM: Native American Cheyenne name meaning "rippling water."

PAVATI: Native American Hopi name meaning "clear water."

REN (蓮): Japanese name meaning "water lily."

SALACIA: Roman myth name of a goddess of salt water, meaning "salt."

SU: Turkish name meaning "water."

TALLULA: Native American Choctaw name meaning "leaping water." Compare with another form of Tallula.TALLULAH: Variant spelling of Native American Choctaw Tallula, meaning "leaping water." Compare with another form of Tallulah.TALULLA: Variant spelling of Native American Choctaw Tallula, meaning "leaping water." Compare with another form of Talulla.TALULLAH: Variant spelling of Native American Choctaw Tallula, meaning "leaping water." Compare with another form of Talullah.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

95.3K 2.5K 35
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
18K 601 28
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
36.6K 65 14
🤍 if u're not interested, don't report, just dont read!! 🤍
266K 40.2K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး