Fate and Destiny [Akashi x Ku...

By WinterRaineeDay

"Then, let's make a promise that only I can sing your songs." That was the forgotten promise after the incide... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty - Two
Chapter Twenty - Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 25
Chapter Twenty-Five
Special Countdown Preview to Chapter 26
Chapter Twenty - Six
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 27
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 28
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 29
Chapter Twenty - Nine
Special Countdown Preview on Chapter 30
Chapter Thirty
From The Authoress
Story Details - Summary/Characters/Song List
A Poem Just For You
Second Book - Sequel
Valentine EXTRA : Flavor of Life
F&D Fan-Art
Second Route - Melody of Spring
2015 KnB Watty Award - Vote

Chapter Nineteen

2.4K 88 50
By WinterRaineeDay

Previous on Chapter 18

"Taiga…is Minoru Hibiki my blood brother…?" 

"We couldn't save them in time…"

"That is in the past, what's done has been done. Now, we're here and no matter what I'm still your friend, Akashi-kun." She smiled at him.

"There is no mistake, Suzuki-san. In fact, the only mistake I ever took and followed was by marrying you. So please leave the manor immediately, as of now everything in the Akashi's family ever owned are now belong to me, including the manor. Have a good day, Suzuki-san." The call ended.

"Kuroko-chan, wakey wakey, it's time to…TSUKI-CHAN!"

The red head grabs his phone while Hibiki tries his best to wake the unconscious bluenette, “TSUKI-CHAN! TSUKI-CHAN! !"

_____________________

Akashi stopped his car at the corner, as he watched the ambulance drove away at the opposite direction, followed by a dark blue car from behind. It was a short glance but he recognizes the driver as Minoru Hibiki of the RENEGADE.

For some reason his guts telling me to follow the ambulance and Hibiki. Without much hesitation, he followed them. He was hoping it was someone else in the ambulance he is following.

He truly hopes that it is not Kuroko.

________

The hallway of the emergency room in a certain Private Hospital of Shutoku was dull and unbearable. Patients, visitors, and hospital staffs seen passing by the hallway as they gave a silent glance to the two extremely good-looking men stood in the hallway. However, the look on their faces were sour, as the taller crimson haired man in his twenties paced up and down the hallway as he abruptly stopped in front of the door to the emergency room every few seconds before continuing his pacing. While another man in his thirties are seen leaning against the wall with his eyes shut close as his long jet black bangs covers them slightly with his arms folded in front of his chest.

Kagami clicked his tongue impatiently as he stopped in front of the door, a nurse exits the room as he quickly stopped her for an answer but she excused herself with a shook. “It’s been over 10 minutes…” he trails off as he frowned. Hibiki sea blue orbs bores holes into the floor as he bit his lower lip. He could still feel his hands trembling slightly. He took a deep breath. He closes his eyes once again.

‘I can’t stop it…’

He was completely shaken by what has happened earlier.

.

.

He opens the door and peek inside, "Kuroko-chan, wakey wakey, it's time to…TSUKI-CHAN!" His orbs wide open as the door slammed open. He rushed towards the unmoving body on the floor; he turns pale when he could not feel any pulse from his sister. Kagami who was in the kitchen heard the commotion, rushed to the room but immediately froze at the door, "KAGAMI, CALL THE AMBULANCE! HURRY!" the guitarist shouted.

The red head grabs his phone while Hibiki tries his best to wake the unconscious bluenette.

"TSUKI-CHAN! TSUKI-CHAN! !"

The ambulance reached to the apartment area within 5 minutes after the bassist calls them up and the siren alone alerted the neighbors around as the medics rushed up to the eighth floor to the home belong to the Seirin Agency bassist. Hibiki thought they would do an emergency CPR on his beloved sister but it was the opposite, they immediately rushed her to the ambulance. He stood at the side in horror when they put an emergency oxygen mask onto her face.

“We need to get her to the hospital; she’s in a cardiac arrest.” One of the medics said as he hurriedly follows the other two medics that were bringing the unconscious patient to the ambulance that was waiting at the porch of the apartment. “Is there any specific hospital you want to head to?” he asked the two of them. Kagami broke out of his trance as he stuttered slightly, “Ye…yes. The Shutoku Private Hospital, she has a personal doctor there.” The medic nodded and on cue, he requested Kagami to accompany the bluenette in the ambulance.

Hibiki watched the ambulance drove away to the said hospital; he pulls his keys out and went to where he parked his car. He quickly followed the ambulance, he may not have stayed in Japan for a long time, but he still remembers the road perfectly well.

As the car stops at the traffic light, he looked at his hands as he furrowed. It was trembling. He could still feel his sister body in his arms when he held her earlier. The lump in his throat felt too large to swallow. The moment the light turns green, he sped off but carefully of the traffics. He prays to the high heavens that, his beloved sister will be all right.

However, when he arrived at the hospital several minutes later, the look on the two doctor faces has scared him. The forest green haired doctor frowned when he tries checking for a pulse at his young patient then he shook at the raven-haired doctor. “We need to hurry.” is the only thing the doctor said as the stretcher immediately rushed to the emergency room. Kagami hurriedly followed them but only to be stopping half way by the nurses as both of the guitarists watched the door slides close while the doctors began working on their sister, Kuroko.

It was the longest wait of their life.

.

.

The sound of the emergency slides open broke their thoughts as they hurried to the doctors who were exiting the room. “How is she?!” the two chorus at the same time. Midorima and Takao exchanged worried glance before looking at the two-worried musician in front of them. Then behind the doctors, the nurses were wheeling the bluenette away. Half of her are cover with an oxygen mask, her arms stripped on IVs.  Kagami wanted to follow where they are carting her away but he knows he must stay and hear what the doctors have to say. Hibiki stayed as well.

“Well…we manage to bring her back in time but…”Midorima trails off, Kagami never liked it when he hear the word ‘But’. “But what…?” Hibiki asks for the other bassist. It was the shorter doctor turn to explain. Takao sighed as he tucked his hands in his coat.

“What Shin-chan’s trying to say is, the disease finally catching up to Tsuki-chan.” The bassist orbs widen in fear. “…but Tetsu’s been healthy all these while…why now?” his voice shook.

The green haired doctor frowned. “Kagami, no matter how healthy she has been all these while, the disease will find its way back with no absolute warning. I believe I’ve reminded you of this before you left for America, her health chart is deteriorating…or have you forgotten…?” the doctor voice sharpens. Kagami bit his lower lip as his fist tightens, “I didn’t forget, how I can forget…it’s her life. It’s just when I watched over her enjoying her life…I can’t help but wished that she never had the disease…”

Hibiki looked away; he could not bare looking at Kagami. The bassist had suffered a lot more than he did, watching his only family life slipping away each second, he could not imagine how much Kagami had went through to make his sister life better. While he, can only watch from afar.

Midorima cleared his throat, trying to ease the heavy lump, “Five months ago, she’s still in the early stage. As I have informed you before, there is no telling when the disease will be at its worst stage. In this case…she’s now entering the last few stages of the disease…”

“Are you saying…?” Hibiki felt he couldn’t breathe at the thought of it. Midorima looked at him. The guitarist wishes he never went to the hospital.

_____

Akashi carefully drove his car into one of the parking lots belong to the private hospital. After parking it properly, he grabbed his phone and has the car locked. He immediately rushed to the entrance of the hospital, he ignores all the gazes that were threw at him the moment he enters the lobby but he went directly to the counter but his hetero orbs caught the sight of two familiar guitarists down the emergency room hallway, talking to two doctors.

He made a beeline towards them but slowed down when he noticed the guitarist disbelieved faces. The lump in his throat suddenly felt too big for him to swallow, each step grew heavier, and he could not hear himself breathing.

As he walks closer, “…ago, she’s still in the early stage. As I have informed you before, there is no telling when the disease will be at its worst stage. In this case…she’s now entering the last few stages of the disease…”

“Are you saying…?” Hibiki stepped forward as the green haired doctor shift his gaze to the guitarist.

“Her clock is ticking.”

His breathe stuck at his throat. The phone he was holding on to, slipped from his grip as it crashed onto the floor into pieces, making the expensive phone now useless.

“No…”

__________

The loud sound of something crashed onto the cement floor of the hospital broke the tension.

“No…” someone trails off. The four shift their gaze to the owner of the voice. A certain crimson haired lead singer of the Generation of Miracles stood froze to the ground as his hetero orbs wide open as his expensive phone were in pieces.

He overheard their conversation…

_________

Akashi stood outside the room where Kuroko are place in. Through the glass window, he looked into the room. Kuroko was still under the influence of the anesthetic, she breathe lightly into the oxygen masks support as her orbs still shut close. Her long bangs falls over to the side as Kagami gently brushed them away.

“Thank goodness…” Kagami mumbles as he held his sister hands firmly yet carefully. He does not know how much more of this kind of news he can accept before he loses it in his mind. From the other side of the bed, Hibiki watched the bassist every movement. For some reason, he felt jealousy and envy at the same time. He then looked at his sister, who is still asleep.

‘I guess you’re his light too…just like me, Kagami will lose his way in the darkness if you disappear…I wished I ca-’

His thoughts were abruptly interrupted when the door slides open, the forest green doctor walked in quietly, motioning them to follow him to talk outside. Midorima took a deep breath before explaining what he has in mind for the bluenette. “I need to keep her here for observations and tests for a few days. We may not have a cure but its best we make our move now in delaying the disease before it gets worst.”

“She’s not a lab rat for you to keep running tests and what not on her.” Kagami growled. The other two exchanged glance, as they waits for Midorima to continue. “The chances of her body begins to deteriorate starting from now on is very high. If we don’t take measures in putting her in the rehabilitation program now—“

“It would be like an empty shell living just for the sake of living…” Akashi cuts him off as Hibiki and Kagami looked at him. Midorima sighed, “It’s just like what Akashi said. She may not have much time, now that it gotten to this point where she almost lost her life...”

Kagami gritted his teeth, “Why is this happening to her…it was just two days ago when she was singing on stage…she was living her life…she was a step closer to her dreams…why her…?” his voice shook. He was holding his tears back, as he shifts his gaze to his beloved sister in the room.

“Come, I’ll carry you!” he crouched down, motioning his sister to climb onto his back to run from the tugs that is chasing after them. Kuroko sprained her ankles when she tripped over.

“I promise I will never leave you alone, no matter what.” He wiped the tears of his sister away. Kagami finally found where his sister whereabouts but things went bad when he realized they have no means of surviving on the streets.

They went through the hardships together and there is no way in hell he will leave her alone even if she is going to be bedridden. He made a promise and he will not break it.

Kagami fist tightens as he took a deep breath. Hibiki held the bassist shoulder firmly, giving him the supportive look, Kagami nodded to him as he turns around, "Please do everything you can to slow the disease down, I’ll make sure she reaches her dreams before her life ends.” He bows down.

Hibiki expression soften, he felt relieved that his sister has a good adoptive brother, “Kagami, I’ll do everything within my reach to help you.” Kagami looked up at the guitarist as Hibiki gave him a forced smile, “I just want her to live her life to the fullest…it’s the only thing I ever wanted for her…I’m not fit to be called her blood brother…”he mumbles. Akashi frowned, even though the last part was soft and close to a whisper, he could hear it clearly.

‘Minoru Hibiki is Tetsuki real brother…? Was that the reason I felt the same presence as Tetsuki from him…?’

He closes his eyes as he felt a slight headache coming over when he tries to recall his past in his memories that he recently regained. He grunts silently but that did not went unnoticed by the doctor, “Akashi, what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing…,”Akashi looked away for a little before looking at Kagami, “I know I have done countless of wrong doing to Tetsuki and no man in their right mind will let anyone who have hurt their sister in the past to be near her again but will you allow me to assist you?” he bowed. The old him, will not bow to anyone but he realized his pride does not matter anymore in this matter; Kuroko has done and suffered so much for him.

Kagami furrowed as his face soured, it was just like what Akashi had said, and no man in their right mind will allow anyone to come near their sister after what they have done to her. However, in Akashi’s case, it is more complicated, “Why? Why did you keep coming back no matter how much I told you to stay away?” the bassist asked.

Akashi remained in his bowing position, “It was because I loved her. You can hate but it will not stop me from bringing Tetsuki closer to her dreams. Just like what the two of you wants, I want her to live her life to the fullest and it’s the least I can do as she means the world to me.”

Moments of silence passed by as Kagami loomed over the red head like a tiger prying on its prey. Hibiki sighed inwardly, ‘Tsuki-chan’s kind heart attracted everyone to her without her noticing it, just like how Kagami attracted to her’ he looked at Kagami from the corner of his eyes, and then he closes his eyes.

“Nii-sama! Hibi-Nii-sama! Wait for me!” his beloved sister grabs a hold of his coat as she ran after him in the garden. Her big round sapphire orbs looked at him, as it shines ever so brightly.

“Will you play the piano with me?” he looked at her, he smiled as he ruffles her soft locks gently.

He chuckled,” Of course. Anything for you, Tsuki-chan”

He smiled fondly at the memory he cherished so much. He opens his eyes then, he held Kagami’s shoulder, “Kagami.” His sea blue orbs relay the message silently to the red head. Kagami frowned as he sighed, “You’re too soft.” The guitarist lets out a nervous laughed.

By any means both Kagami and Hibiki have the right to decline but they did not, “If you hurt her one more time, I will not hesitate to kill you with my own hands.” They knew Kuroko would not want that. The only reason Kuroko went back to Japan was that her kind heart forgives Akashi for what he has done in the past. If they hold a grudge against Akashi, it would only sadden the bluenette.

Akashi felt both surprise and grateful, he bows once more, “Thank you very much.”

Midorima who has been watching from the side, felt relieved but this is for a few minutes. He knows his patient must know of her disease conditions. He never liked it when he has to break the bad news to his patients, no…never liked it was not the exact word to express it; he hates it with pure passion.

“We have one more problem in hand.” Midorima broke the conversation. All three pairs of eyes looked at him. “She needs to know that her condition’s worsening. Even though I’m her doctor but it’s best if someone close to her explain this to her.”

Akashi looked at Kuroko. He felt pang of guilt and sorrow seeing her like this. She went through so much for him. “I’ll do it.” He broke the tension. He focused to the three men in front of him, “I’ll do it.” He repeated. Midorima sighed. “Alright, if any of you have any questions, I’ll be at my office. Now, if you will excuse me.” He excused himself from them.

Kagami sat on the bench as he slumped in it, all of a sudden he felt exhausted. He massaged his face. He then straightened up, “I’m goin’ back to get her stuffs” he stood up, searching for his car keys. Only to realize he did not drive all the way here, he grunts as he held his forehead. Hibiki took out his keys, “Don’t worry, I got your back, bud” He smiled as he held out his keys in the air.

Kagami smiled apologetically, “Thanks.” Hibiki nodded, and then Kagami turns around to the other bassist. “Akashi, thank you.” He knows he should not be saying this but he do not think he could watch his sister break down in front of him, upon hearing the bad news.

“No…I should be the one who thank you for giving me a chance.”

“Thank Tsuki-chan. We’re only doing this because of her but for now let us haste and get her things before she wakes up.” Hibiki smiled. “Please watch over her for us for a little bit, would ya?” he added as he drags Kagami away.

“I will.” The bassist returns his gaze to where his beloved pianist is.

‘It’s the least I can do for her.’

----

In the car, Hibiki drove carefully down the road, “That was tense.” He chuckles as he looked into the rear view of the car before turning. Kagami who was sitting quietly stares outside the car, the guitarist sighed, “I believe Tsuki-chan often said that it’s better to forgive than to hold a grudge. It’ll bring out a better side of someone, example Akashi.”

Kagami glares at him from the corner of his eyes, “…besides, Tsuki-chan has already forgiven Akashi for his deeds, I really don’t want to let her down by holding a grudge over the dude.” The guitarist calm expression broke into a sad one, “I’ve always watched her living her life from afar but whenever I thought of her disease…” he trails off.

“…Life is unfair…” he leans forward to the steering, after the car stops at a traffic light. He buried his head into his arms, “I don’t want to lose Tsuki-chan…” his voice was silent, but Kagami could hear every single word that came out from his shaking voice.

He could see trails of tears fell down from his sister blood brother cheeks, the bassist felt his heart became heavier, “Me too, Minoru…” he trails off as he stares into the gloomy sky.

‘Me too…’

_____________

Akashi may be a member of the elite society but he do knows how to use a payphone. All he needs to do is to put in a few coins in it and dials the numbers. (That is if he can remember one) He sighed inwardly as he held the phone handle, “I should have at least memorized one of the numbers…,” he mumbles. Then a light bulb popped up above his head, he smiled quietly as he dials a number. He waits for someone to pick up the call.

“President Nijimura, it’s me. I need a favor from you.”

----

“Hmm? That’s unusual for you to be asking a favor from me of all people.” Nijimura smirked as he walks closer to his office window. He furrowed slightly at the sight of the gloomy sky, he could have sworn it was sunny a few minutes ago.

He hummed as he listens to what Akashi has to say on the phone. He sat down on the couch, “I understand. To be honest, I don’t mind at all.” He then, heard someone knocking on his door. Aomine and Kise came in but stopped abruptly when Nijimura gave them a stop signal while he is on the phone.

“Alright, I’ll do what I can. By the way, when will they allow visitors to visit her?” he was already looking through his schedule plan for the day, his shoulder fell,” I see. I guess it cannot be help. I’ll visit her soon.” He puts away his plan book. “Mhmm, talk to you later, Akashi.”

Kise and Aomine were curious the moment they heard the said name. “What’s wrong with Akashi-chii?” He follows the agency president figure that moves about the office before settling down at his working table, “He won’t be able to make it today for the meeting, since Kuroko-chan has been admitted into hospital for a couple days. Kind of a letdown, I really want to meet her today about her contract,”

“Kuroko-chii’s in the hospital? What happened?” Kise quickly jabbed the president with questions. “She’s in Shutoku Private Hospital; they don’t allow any visitors for the time being though but she’s recovering as of now” Nijimura replied.

“I see…”

The raven-haired president glanced at Kise, “Nevertheless, I’m sure she’s stronger than she looks. She’ll pull through.” He smiled but inside him, he was worried for the pianist. He knows how deathly the disease is.

After all, his sister passed away because of it, 6 years ago.

____________

“It sure is gloomy…”Akashi looked outside the window, where the sky was gloomy, the dark clouds threatens to pour its water onto the earth. The beeping sound of the monitor that watches over Kuroko breathing and heart drowns by the loud thunders outside the building. He pulls the curtain, closing the windows, and then made a beeline to the chair next to the bed.

He held her small soft hands. He smiled, ‘You’re indeed a great and wonderful pianist. Even your hands are as soft and gentle like your music.’ His smile fell when he shifts his gaze to her; it pains him seeing her looking so pale and fragile like this. He looked at her; he frowned as he noticed the chapped lips of the pianist.

“Perhaps I should get a bottle of water for her.” With that, he gave a last glance at the bluenette before making his way to the hospital cafeteria but that was a mistake. He did not notice the slight movements on her fingers when he was walking out of the room.

….

By the time he returns, he heard someone yelling in the room, things were thrown around and crashes. He quickly made a quick dash when he saw several nurses’ tries to enter the room. “TELL ME THIS IS A LIE!” he dropped his bottle of water when he heard the familiar voice, he barged into the room and saw the whole place upside down. “What happened?!” he asked one of the nurses.

“We were changing her IVs and we didn’t notice that she was already awake, while we were talking about her disease…We’re truly sorry, we never meant this to happen.” The nurses bowed apologetically. Akashi frowned.

His heterochromatic eyes searched for the source of this typhoon in the room, until it falls at the corner of the room. His heart broke when he saw Kuroko looking so shaken and terrified. The forest green haired doctor and the other doctor he saw earlier were trying to get close to her. She threw everything she can within her reach at them.

“Tsuki-chan, please calm down!” Takao barely escaped from the glass that was threw at him. Trails of tears fell endlessly, “I don’t want to die!” she cried. Akashi who watched from the side realized that Kuroko was terrified; the news scarred her terribly.

He took a step forward, he did not care if he is hit or injured by whatever she was going to throw at him. He wants her to know, she has people to help her. Pearls of tears kept pouring down, her voice shook, “I…I don’t want to die…I haven’t reached my dreams…”

“Tetsuki…please…” Akashi tries to calm her down, as he gets closer to her. The moment he touched her shoulder, she slapped it away. Her big round orbs looked at him, terrified. “Please forgive me.” He mumbles before holding her in his arms as she struggles to free herself from his firm grips.

“LET ME GO!” Akashi grunts when a kick from her landed on his stomach but he did not let go of her. Every hit that landed on him, he pushed it aside as nothing as he continues hugging her, her nails scratched him in the face as blood seeped through but he didn't care, ‘This is nothing compare to her suffering’

“TETSUKI, LISTEN. You are not alone in this. You still have your brothers and your friends. They are more than willing to help you to go through this ordeal.” He hugged her closer as he buried his face into her vanilla scented locks.

Underneath his breathe, “You still have me…I’ll never let you go through this alone.” He whispered to her. Her struggle slowly dies down. He looked at her, “I promise,”

“Sei…,” She broke into tears as the sky outside pours its rain down heavily onto earth. He hugged her gently yet carefully, he looked outside the window, where the rainfalls, it reminds him of a certain phrase, ‘Tears fall from the eyes like rain fall from the skies…huh’

It feels as if, the sky is crying for her.

Midorima and Takao exchanged looks as the room were filled with the bluenette painful sobs as she cries into the lead singer chest, pouring out all of her suffering and frustrations.

….

Kuroko fell asleep after Midorima gave her an anesthetic, so that she has proper rest after what happened earlier. Akashi watched her chest heaves up and down slowly in rhythm to her breathing.  He sighed as he leans forward and held her hands.

‘I promise.’ His eyes slowly flutters close as all exhaustion caught up on him. Slowly, he fell asleep on the chair, without letting go off her hands. Midorima and Takao watched the two childhood friends from outside the room, “I wished we could do more than this for Tsuki-chan…” Takao trails off. Midorima furrowed slight as he made a move to his office, “I wished for the same, Takao.” He mumbles.

It was the next day when Midorima assisted Akashi in explaining her conditions and what they have planned in mind for her. It took a long while to convince her but her brothers were supportive all the way. Although, there was one thing Midorima did not informed them.

Eventually, Kuroko will be bedridden.

________

Days later, Midorima finally allows some visitors to visit the bluenette. Kuroko looks better than how she was days ago. He often finds the bluenette crying herself to sleep, whenever Kagami or Hibiki has already fallen asleep at the corner of the room.

However, today, squeals and what not came from the ladies nurses as members of the RENEGADE and the Generation of Miracles came over to visit the young pianist. Akashi and Hibiki did not explain why she was in the hospital in the first place, they simply answered them with – She is a sickly child since she was younger. However, the other members of the GoM and Chihiro seem to know the truth behind it.

“Kuroko-chan, you can ask for absolutely anything from any of us. We’re your friends and we’ll always be right by your side.” Nana held her hands firmly, as she hugged the smaller girl.

“Anything…?” she cooed. Nana nodded, so are the rest of them. “Then, I want to sing with all of you.” She added. They all exchanged looks with each other, the thought of two different bands performing together was…new.

Akashi looked at Midorima, “Is she allowed to leave the hospital?” asking for permission before he heads to his second plan. The green haired doctor nodded, “Yes, I was thinking of discharging her from the hospital so she can have proper rests at home instead. She’s been in here far too long; it would be good for her if she gets some fresh air.” Midorima smiled at Kuroko. “Just make sure you don’t exert yourself too much, alright?” he ruffles with her hair a little.

Hibiki grinned happily, “Then it’s settled. Akashi, if you may.” He motioned her. All eyes focused on the lead singer.

Akashi was the one who stepped forward first, “If it’s that is what you wished for then, we shall grant it only for you, Tetsuki.” He smiled. Nana and Momoi smiled happily, as they hugged the bluenette, “YAY! Kuroko-chan, we get to perform with you! I can’t wait!” The bluenette smiled, “Me too, Nana-chan, Momoi-san” Kagami felt happy for his sister. Seeing her smiling for the first time after what has happened made his heart at ease. He silently thanked everyone for being there, in her times of needs.

‘Your happiness is our happiness and I wish you will have loads of it, Tetsu’

“Akashi-kun…” she tugged his sleeves lightly as the lead singer was helping her keeping the fruits that Kagami and Hibiki brought into the container. “Hmm?” he asked without looking at her. “I’m sorry.” She mumbles.

“Is something the matter?” he stopped what he was doing and focused solely onto the bluenette, “Your scar on your face…” she felt bad when she noticed the scar she made to his face two weeks ago. He touched the scar. He smiled, “it’s nothing really. It’s just a scratch; it’ll be gone sooner or later.”

He ruffles her locks, “So don’t you worry.”

The next day, the three of them helped Kuroko back on her feet getting her discharged, despite having their schedule packed with practices and performances, they still gets around to make some time for the bluenette. EUTERPE sudden decision to stay in Japan for a little longer, made their agency adjusted several of their performance, it wasn’t easy to adjust plans that has been confirmed to commence but it was all because Hibiki promises that once things has been settled in Japan, they would go on a tour to make up for it.

 “Bye bye, Kuroko-chan. I’ll see you later.” Hibiki ruffles with her locks, she nodded. “Make sure you get all the rest you needed. I will drop by once I’m done with practices.” Akashi smiled. The two then left, leaving Kagami and Kuroko in their own apartment.

“It’s a good thing we didn’t bring everything to L.A.” Kagami puts her bag of clothes onto one of the couches. Kuroko strode into the living room; it feels strange for her to be in the apartment that she calls home after being away in the hospital for so long. Her sapphire orbs travels all over the place until it falls onto her old grand piano.

“I’ve missed you…” she smiled as she touches the piano, gliding her fingers along the keys. Kagami smiled silently, watching her admiring her beloved piano.

In the midst of excitement and what not, they noticed the bluenette movements began to lag. During one of the checkups, Midorima frowned when he began to notice, Kuroko’s handwriting began to deteriorate in her music sheets that he asked her to bring along with her. It was only a month ago, when Kuroko admitted to the hospital and began her rehabilitation a week later, but to think the disease has gone this far as such a short time.

“Kuroko-chan, this is for you.” He puts a blue hard cover diary and a pen onto the table. She blinks. “A diary…?” she turns over the pages. Midorima nodded. “Mhmm, that is for you. I want you to start writing your daily activities/feelings/thoughts into it. In other words, you can write anything you want in there.” He smiled.

“Why’s that…?” that’s the question Midorima dreaded, the truth is the only reason why Midorima wants her to start writing in the diary was to observe her capabilities in writing and movement each day before it completely stopped working properly, “Remember the rehab? Consider this as a part of rehabilitation. We must consider using every way possible to delay the disease.”

Her big round orbs looked at him curiously before looking at the diary, she smiled, “Alright, I’ll follow your advice. Thank you for the lovely diary, Midorima-kun.” Midorima sighed inwardly, sometimes he felt as if those orbs can see right through him.

He left the room but abruptly stopped when he saw Takao standing nearby, “Shin-chan, why did you lie to her?” he quickly ran up to the taller doctor. “She doesn’t need to know the truth. Now, she needs supportive answers to keep her drive going. She is holding on to what she believes that she can keep going.”

“Sometimes, you act like you don’t care but you do actually care about her a lot don’t you, Shin-chan.” Takao teased. The other doctor glares at him.

“Whatever.”

________________

“It has been said, the two renowned Japanese bands, The EUTERPE and The Generation of Miracles are collaborating for a live concert with a renowned musician, HEAVEN who is also known as Kuroko Tetsuki. In addition, Kagami Taiga of the renowned Seirin Agency is said to be a part of the collaborations. She is renowned for her talents in composed songs that has been rumored; it can change a person view of life. This will be the first major collaborations among renowned musicians to be made in history; more information on the concert will be announced as soon as the agencies made an official press release,”

Akashi turns off the flat screen television in the studio as he waits for the others to arrive. He looked at his watch. It has been well over a month since Kuroko discharged from the hospital but since it was doctors’ orders; she must return for a checkup once a week and attends rehabilitation four times a week. The three of them often takes turns to accompany her. Thanks to her, the Generation of Miracles is back on track.

He then heard a knock on the studio room, “Come in.” Kise enters as his amber orbs looks around the studio, ”Ah…I came a bit too early, hello Akashi-chii” he greeted as he realized that he was bit earlier than usual. He felt a little uncomfortable around his bandleader but there are things he wanted to talk with the crimson haired singer for a very long time.  “Nee…Akashi-chii…can I talk to you for a bit?” he approached the red head. Akashi furrowed slightly, it was unusual for Kise to talk to him alone.

“About before…with Suzuki-san…I wa-“he was abruptly interrupted when the door opens. “Yo, what’s up?” Hibiki grinned, followed by the other two members of EUTERPE, and then they stopped. “Ah, did I interrupt something?” he shifts his gaze from the blonde keyboardist to the lead singer. Kise shook his head, “You didn’t, besides we’re just getting ready to practice,” he quickly busied himself with his keyboard, Akashi tilted his head, “Ryota…?” puzzles with the blonde behavior.

The door opens once again; Aomine enters followed by his childhood friend and manager, Satsuki. The whole studio became loud and noisy the moment Nana saw Satsuki. They squealed as they greeted each other in their own ways. Akashi sighed, Hibiki and Kise chuckles seeing the girls lightened up the place while the rest groans as the high pitch squeals and talkative from the two of them, “Shut it the two of you, you’re gonna break my eardrums!” Aomine growled at them. Nana and Satsuki stick their tongue out at the guitarist. Irritated, “Why yo—“but the other guitarist intervene in the scuffle, “Now now, they’re just being girls, nothing bad if they’re like that, right Chihiro?”  He looked to the side where the bassist of EUTERPE was ignoring him. Hibiki sweat dropped.

“You guys sure is loud and noisy.” Another voice enters the room. The people they have been waiting for finally arrived, “Excuse us for our intrusion…” the bluenette behind the tall guitarist of Seirin bowed politely as she enters the room. The moment the bluenette enters, the other two girls made a dash towards her as they hugged her, more talkative girls fills in the room. Kagami eyed them as he chuckles, “If this is what we have to deal with everyday from now on, I think I’m gonna lost my sanity somewhere one of these days.” Aomine grumbles, the other guys nodded.

Akashi smiled silently behind them, watching them happily conversed with each other, ‘It is a good change of scenes every once in a while.’ His eyes travel to the bluenette that was sandwiched by the two taller girls on both sides, his expression softens, ‘As long as she’s happy, everything will be alright,’

Akashi stood in front of them, while the rest of them seated on the couches prepared for them in the studio while Kuroko sitting near him. He cleared his throat to catch their attention, “Well then, as both sides of the agency have planned the concert will take place in the Tokyo Dome. Which we should be grateful as this has caught the attention of many agencies and departments in the music industry but seeing Tetsuki isn’t tied to any of the two agencies with contracts, a proposal came up, and they want her own composed songs to be use in the performances.” He explained to both groups as he looked at the papers in his hands, that has every detailed plan for the live concert.

“Not the songs we have?” Aomine asked, Akashi looked at him, “Apparently no, as this time will be considered as HEAVEN first live debut in public after her true identity revealed. The presidents suggested it would be best if we used her songs instead. We’ve discussed with her over the phone and she’s more than willing to let us uses her songs.”

He looked to his side, he smiled at the bluenette, “Tetsuki, if you please?” she nodded. “Just like what Akashi-kun said, I have prepared several songs for us. However, this time it is a collaboration concert, which means it, will consist several parts of the live for each band that will be using the song I have composed for you. Here is the list and the music sheets for each band. We will have around 10 songs to be used in the concert but I’m sure everyone will get their chance.”

Nana squealed happily when she saw one of the songs,”OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! Kuroko-chan, we’re going to sing together!” she jumps happily at the thought of her dueting with her favorite bluenette. Hibiki chuckles as he shifts his gaze from the EUTERPE lead singer to his dear sister, “It seems we have no problem for our side. We will do our best to reach your expectations in the songs you have prepared for us.” He smiled.  Chihiro nodded, “We won’t disappoint you, chibi.” Her big round orbs blinks at the nickname, she lets out a soft giggle, “I’m sure you won’t, Mayuzumi.”

Her adopted brother, Kagami furrowed slightly at one of the schedule plans, “Tetsu, what’s this part for?” he pointed, everyone quickly searched for the page where Kagami is at on their files. “Yea, what’s that, Tsuki-chin?” Murasakibara plopped another of his candies into his mouth. The bluenette smiled, “That will be for the finale, everyone will be on stage. Here you go.” She passed another folder. Everyone took a look at it as each pair of eyes looked at each page, “Eternal Snow…isn’t this?” Kagami trailed off.

His sister gave him the unreadable look, “What’s wrong, Kagami-chii?” the keyboardist worriedly glance at him. Kagami seems to get the message so he decided to brush it off, “It’s nothing.”

She turns to Akashi who has been listening to the briefing, “Akashi-kun is there any problem for the part of your band?” He shook his head, “No, everything’s perfect.  Just as you have said, everyone got their part in the concert. I’m quite amazed that you could came up with over 10 songs in such a short time.” He looked over the music sheets. He saw tints of pink on the bluenette cheeks. “It’s something that can be easily done when I know someone will sing them for me.”

“Kuroko-chan, I’ve heard that you won’t let anyone else sings your songs before, why now?” Nana asked, she did not mean anything bad by it. Just, before she knew HEAVEN has a strict policy in choosing those who uses her composition. “It’s because you’re my friends and are very important to me as all of you shares the same dream as I am.” She puts her small hands close to her chest with her eyes closed as she smiled. “Music is my life and so does yours. It is a wonderful form of life as it brings everyone together. At the moment, all I want to do is to share the joy and happiness in music to all of you, no…to everyone. I once felt the complete happiness when Minoru-san went out of his way for me to be able to sing beside him on stage and I want everyone to felt the happiness I once felt.”

“This is a selfish request of mine, no matter how much I thanked all of you for being there for me, and I don’t think I’ll be able to repay you back.”

“Kuroko-chii, please don’t think as a favor from us. We want to support your wishes because we want to. Your happiness is our happiness too. You’ve gave us so much, it’s time for us to give you something in return.” Kise held her shoulder as his amber orbs shines ever so gently at the bluenette.

That is right, Kuroko might not have noticed it, but because of her smile and guidance ever since he met her, he found his passion in music. He began to love music as much as he loves her but he knows he has no chance at all. Kuroko belongs to Akashi, no matter what he do to break them apart, they will end up with each other once again and it was all because of her kind heart in forgiving.

Chihiro nodded, “He’s right, chibi. We are doing this because we want to. So, quit thinking that you are burdening us with this request. We’re friends, aren’t we?” he smirked. Satsuki hugged her from the back, “Kuroko-chan, don’t worry so much. We all loved you.”

Kuroko could feel tears forming up, she smiled warmly to everyone, and “Thank you…everyone…” pearls of tears fell. They all panicked when they saw the tears.

Nijimura chuckled outside the studio as he leaned against the wall. He was a bit late but he was grateful, to be able to overhear all of what she has said. He looked through the small glass window of the door, “To think she’s able to bring the all 8 gems together, she’s more than I expected. Shine much brighter than the stars in the sky, show everyone that HEAVEN is just not a mere teenage girl. You are more than that, Kuroko Tetsuki. I’m looking forward for the performance.” The sight of them laughing and interacting happily together makes it more worthwhile for him.

“President Nijimura, it’s time for the meeting.” His secretary bows at the man. Nijimura sighed, “Ah well, so much for my plan to escape from the meeting.” He shrugs. He eyed his secretary, “Fine, fine. I’m going.”

____

“I’ll try to make it after I send my sister home.” Kagami spoke into the phone as he puts his guitar and backpack at the passenger seat, while Kuroko gets into the passenger seat next to his. Kagami curses underneath his breathe, “Taiga, what’s wrong?” the bluenette asked.

“The agency wants me to come over ASAP, something about my contracts and stuffs. So, I’ll send you home and I’ll go for the meeting for a little bit. You’re okay if you’re alone for a little while at home, right?” he straps on his seat belt.

Akashi was just passing by the Seirin guitarist CRV when he overheard their conversation, “If you’re in a hurry, I can send her home and accompany her until you get back.” He interrupted. He knows that the other agencies band members have their schedule tight especially with the upcoming performances they are going to have before the collabs concerts. Both siblings turn their head to the source of the voice, “Akashi-kun.”

“I insist, besides my schedules quite free today.” The red head smiled. “How about it, Tetsuki. I am thinking of getting some cappuccino at star bucks. I believe they have vanilla milkshake there.” Kagami gave him a death glare, which Akashi ignores it completely. Kuroko’s orbs grew wide at the thought of her favorite drink, “If you insist. Taiga, I will follow Akashi. I’ll see you later, alright?”

Kagami followed his sister figure as she grabbed her handbag on the seat, as she closes the door to his CRV, “Alright, just make sure you don’t wander off. Give me a call when you reach home.” He added, then he turns to his side of the car, he gave the red head a death glare, “If you do something to her, I’ll kill you.”

“See ya later, Tetsu.” He drove off.

Akashi chuckles, “Well then, now that’s settle. Let’s us go grab the drinks.” He walked towards his car, which is parked a few feet away from where they are standing. She nodded. “Thank you, Akashi-kun.” He hummed, “You’re always welcome, Tetsuki but I do wished you would call me by my first name when we’re alone.” He looked at her. Giving that puppy look face, Kuroko sweat dropped, “Se—Sei...” his smiled widened at his name being called by her melodious voice, “Sei-kun.” His smile dropped and he looked at her ridiculously.

“Really, Tetsuki…We’ve known each other for our entire life.” He whined childishly. Kuroko blinks as she giggles lightly as his antics, ‘He never acted this way around others.’ She thought, “Alright, Sei.” She smiled as she enters the car through the door he opens for her. He blinks. He smiled plastered to his face.

Akashi paid for his share and Kuroko’s vanilla milkshake. He ignores all eyes falls on him as he walked to where Kuroko seated at the corner. “Here you go.” He pushed the drink towards her, “Thank you.” She sipped it, soft pink tints painted across her soft cheeks. As he drinks his cappuccino, she noticed that he no longer wears the gold ring on his finger.

“What happened to your ring…?”

Akashi looked his ring finger, “I’ve gotten rid of it.” He answered as he puts down the cup. He sighed inwardly, “I’ve divorced Suzuki Luka.” Saying the wretched woman name feels like poison on his tongue. He noticed the look on his childhood friends’ face, “I never loved her to begin with. It was an arranged marriage to begin with and an act I had to put up with.”

“I see…I’m sorry.”  She hung her head low. Akashi’s eyebrow rise, “Whatever for?”

“For…thinking that you really loved her…” she answered quietly. The lead singer sighed, “No, its fine. It is my fault to begin with. It was my parents’ wishes after all; I merely follow what they wanted. Besides, no matter how hard Suzuki-san tried, there’s only one person in my heart and she’s the only one I would ever love for the rest of my life.” He looked at her. His gold and crimson orbs shine gently, as if he is conveying a message through them.

As she was about to say something, someone dropped their drinks on her when they accidently walked into someone else besides the table they are sitting at. “Oh god, I’m so sorry.” The teenage boy quickly grabs a white handkerchief from his pocket and tries to help her wiped off the coffee stains on her top. Akashi mood turns deathly sour when he noticed the boy hands travelling down the bluenette chest; he hold his wrist tightly and pulls it away from her as his hetero orbs looked at the boy coldly like an angry predator.

He flashed that cold dangerous smile, “I’m sure she’s fine. Now, if you please leave.” His tone drops dangerously. The boy was intimidated by Akashi’s current aura. He quickly excused himself. The lead singer sighed; he turns around and looked at Kuroko who was struggling to wipe off the stains from her blouse, “it was my favorite blouse…” she mumbles. He took off his jacket and covered her top; he grabs her wrists gently and pulls her away from the café, “Let’s go.”

“Sei, where are we going?” she tries to let loose of her wrist but the red head firm grip tightens as he walks towards one of the nearby clothing stores. “Come on, Tetsuki. I’m not letting you walking around with a stained blouse.” They enter the store as they greeted by several sales girls around the store, “How can I help you, sir?”

He step aside, “I need a new set of female garments for her.” He looked at Kuroko. The sales girl seems to understand as she bowed politely to the lead singer, “Of course. This way please, Miss” she pulls the bluenette towards the fitting room as the other sales girls quickly assist her for a new set of garment.

30 minutes later, “Perfect.” Akashi smiled as he looked at the bluenette from top to bottom. “Simple yet beautiful, just like you.” He held out his hands for her. After paying for the clothes, they hurried to his car, “Your brother called, and he’s on his way home. Best if I send you home now before he had my head.” He chuckles as he drove down the road.

(The beginning of the soundtrack in the video in the medias link attached)
Kuroko blinks; ‘Akashi-kun just pulls me along with his pace, before I know it, I’m like this…’ she looked at herself from the rear window. Then, she looked at Akashi who is focusing on the road.

‘He’s kind in his own way despite pulling and drowning everyone into his own pace. He has a kind heart but I…’

She looked at her hands as her orbs sadden.

_______________

“Finally, you’re home.” Kagami glares at her then to the shorter red head behind her. “I told you to go straight home, what happened to your clothes?” he noticed she was using different clothing this time with a different pair of high cut brown boots. Akashi gave Kagami the paper bag filled with Kuroko’s stained clothes earlier, “Please don’t be mad at her. Someone spilled their drinks by accident earlier and I brought her to get a new set of clothing instead. After I received your call, we immediately rushed back here.” The red head explained.

Kagami eyed both of them, then he lets out a sigh, “Go in, Tetsu. You’ll catch a cold if you stand outside for too long.” He stood aside from the door. Kuroko hesitated but she bowed at Akashi, “Thank you for everything, Akashi-kun. I’ll see you soon.” She enters the apartment. Kagami closed the door.

“Thanks, for bringing her home safe and sound.” The two red head looked at each other before Akashi turns around, “It’s the least I can do for her, even if she doesn't returns my feelings anymore.” He mumbles as his hetero orbs bores holes into the floor beneath him.

Kagami furrowed, “Akashi, you’re…”

“If you will excuse me. Have a good evening.” The red head walks away.

Behind the other side of the door, Kuroko looked at the blue pendant she cherished so dear, ‘If only some beautiful and kind person come into your life and become the one you love. You keep drifting closer to me because of your strong desire for me but I …’ pearl of tears fell onto the pendant.

Akashi unlocked his car and abruptly stopped as he opens the door. He looked up to where the apartment is. His heart felt sad.

‘I loved him/her but I’m not the one for her/him…’

 ______________________

[Authoress note]

There you go, a chapter 19. There's a lot happening in one chapter and to be honest I've writtened over 16 k words just for this chapter but i had to break it down as it's far too long and so next updates will be in by sunday :) 

I apologize for my absence for the past 1 week plus, i was in a tight spot and problems was piling up but rest assure, I'm back to do continuos updates on Fate and Destiny. It won't be long until the story will end :) So for readers that's still sticking around the story for updates, thank you for waiting *Bows* 

Have you guys noticed Mayuzumi never called Kuroko by her name? And now he came up with a nick name for her, Chibi. It's really important if you guys click on the youtube links -> It gives more feels at the part i've noted to start the soundtrack. 

As for chapter 20, please expect it will be far longer than the chapters I've written. I'm not sure if chapter 19 has enough feels since I had to break it into two chapters but please , review :) I would really appreciate it ^^ 

Winter-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 714 20
A story between the prince who lost the girl he loves the most and a normal girl who resembles her a lot. What will be the destiny of the two when th...
642 7 8
You and your (Favorite character) have a child, and this is a collection of stories of the life that you have with your family. Your dearest child an...
18.5K 826 30
When Arima Kousei thought that he had already lost the girl he does love after his performance in East Japan Music Competition, he received a call th...
89.2K 3.9K 35
Running into eachother. Watching their smile grow for eachother. Falling in love. It was never to be expected. Y/n l/n is a first year at Tokyo Unive...