resplendent *gawsten* ✓

By kiwivevo

《 2nd book in gawsten series 》 resplendent - shining brilliantly awsten couldn't have asked for better friend... More

Preface
Author's note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Author's Note
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Nine

424 23 4
By kiwivevo

1.18.18
edit: 8.23.20
tw; a character throws up & mention of sexual assault

1,332 words

awsten p.o.v

my boys and i checked ourselves out of school early to go over to the police station. geoff sat in otto's backseat with me to hold and soothe me.

"otto will be in there with you the entire time," he reassured me. "there'll be a lot of cops too, and a window between you two, so he can't even touch you."

touch me?

but he has already.

i nodded and took another deep breath with geoff. 

"this is your chance to show him that you're better than him." otto said as we arrived at the station. "talk all that you possibly can." i nodded to his words. geoff and i took a few more breaths together before the three of us went in. i held geoff's hand tightly as he and otto led the way up to the familiar officer's desk. 

he greeted otto and geoff, shaking their hands. he only nodded curtly at me, and i returned the gesture. "sorry for the scare last week," he apologized to me. i nodded and whispered, "'kay."

"he mentioned to me that he was glad for your talking improvement." geoff told me. i offered the officer a small smile. "thanks..."

"no problem, kid." he gestured to a door at the end of a semi-hidden hallway. "shall we?" i reluctantly let go of geoff's hand and instantly latched onto otto's. i watched geoff over my shoulder as he sat down in a chair.

otto, the officer and i went through the doors. inside the room there was a table with a glass pane in the middle of it. the glass touched the ceiling, being more of a window than just a glass pane. there were four chairs on our side, and three on the other. 

another officer was on our side of it. a single woman was standing in the corner, crying into a tissue. there were also a mother and two boys. no one was on the other side.

"'kay, no one huh-here, less' go." i rushed to say. i went to leave, but otto pulled me back.

"not so fast, buddy." he laughed uneasily.

six officers walked into the room on the other side of the window, leading three inmates. i recognised the second man.

"less' go." i repeated, pulling harder on otto's arm. "wanna g-go home now."

otto ignored me and pulled me over to the two middle chairs. the single woman sat to my left, and the mother sat to otto's right. her two boys stood together to her right. i put my hand on otto's knee and started squeezing it.

he smirked at me. "so, how ya been, son?"

"don't cah-call me that." i muttered with a glare. his sneer slipped a little, but then it grew.

"why not? look, i know we have had...differences and difficulties... but that's no reason to give your old man the cold shoulder! by the way, nice work with the speech. it isn't so hard now, is it?"

"you-you hurt me." i said plainly.

he rolled his eyes. "hurt? you think i hurt ya? aws, i was just teaching you a lesson."

"got b-bruises." i said.

"most lessons do." he said.

"no they d-don't."

"they're supposed to, ta get the message across to ya." he almost shouted. he earned warning glances from the officers behind him. he turned back to me and said, "so, what i understand is, did you not learn anythin' from my last lesson?"

i felt the blood rush from my face. he smirked. "yeah, that lesson. lesson learned?"

"gotta go." i cried before i stood up abruptly. my chair fell, but i didn't stop to pick it up as i ran out of the room. 

i ran right past geoff, who was calling my name, and ran to the restroom. i hurried to a stall and locked it. i had hardly lifted the toilet seat before i started vomiting into the bowl. the lima bean and beige mixed in with the unpleasant feeling of my half-digested food making its way back out of my mouth.

i kneeled there for a minute after i was done with my hands and knees on the dirty floor, bracing my body. my hair hung over my eyes; if it had been any longer, it would have had puke in it.

i sat back against the stall wall and wiped my face with some toilet paper, throwing the soiled material into the toilet. i reached up to flush the it.

fucking

weak.

i brought my knees up and hugged them. i laid my head down on them and cried. my chest was clenching and i thought i tasted rust on my tongue.

i heard the restroom door slam open and geoff's frantic voice call out my name. i sniffed, giving away that i was there. i heard him knock on each stall door until he got to mine, which didn't give way.

"daffodil, open the door." i shook my head. he seemed to understand that i did because he said, "open the door!"

"what's he doin'?" i heard a man ask.

"he might be having a panic attack." geoff replied, then added to me. "listen, awsten, i need you to open the door. we can go home right now, okay?"

i nodded feebly before i remembered he couldn't see me. i whimpered as i pushed myself up to open the stall door. my legs were jelly. they gave out from under me and i fell forward into geoff's arms.

"aws! you-nevermind, let's just get you home." he carefully lifted me so that i was lying in his arms like a dying lover.

"sorry, if i had known..." the officer said when we got to the door. otto shook his head and opened the door for geoff.

"none of us did. if any of us knew, we wouldn't have encouraged him to come."

i looked up into geoff's eyes. they were sour-grey-sky blue. he met my gaze and bit his lip.

"we're going home now." he assured me.

the ride home was pretty awkward. geoff refused to leave me alone in the back, so i went to move to the front seat. otto and geoff exchanged a suspicious look, and geoff surrendered and sat up shotgun. i sat in the middle seat with my arms crossed grumpily.

we got home later than i wanted us to. i rushed to unbuckle and open the door, but it wouldn't budge. i had a double take and tried the door again, but it still didn't open. geoff and otto turned to me.

"child lock." geoff said simply.

open, i signed. their faces visibly fell. i ignored it and went back to trying to get the door open.

"no." otto said. i whipped my head around to glare at him.

"op-open." i repeated.

"you need to explain some things, right now." otto snapped. i intensified my glare and shook my head.

"angel, otto got scared in there," geoff said softly. "said your dad said 'the last lesson'....?"

just bad, i lied. i wasn't going to tell them shit. he did quite the number on me. he's just trying to one-up me. i'm fine, i won.

"talk and we'll believe you." otto said. geoff gave him a wary look but said nothing.

i rolled my eyes. you expect me to talk after what i just went through? no, thanks. recovery is guaranteed with a backslide here and there. it just happened two months ago, too, so of course i'm a little worked up. "i'm fine." i added, deciding to humour them at the last minute.

my boys exchanged another look that i narrowed my eyes at. otto sighed and turned off the child lock. i was out of the car and in the house faster than even i was able to process. i grab a few bags of pretzels and my heb orange juice and booked it to my room. i locked the two leftover locks before i finally broke down. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5.3K 35
a story in which fem!Awsten meets punk!Geoff and just so happens to be in need of a new skirt -------- ©️ All Rights Reserved: 2017/2018 @dizzyotto
33.7K 1.6K 15
"i think you're the worst of them all" after what will definitely go down in history as the worst breakup ever, awsten is just trying to stay afloat...
19.6K 1K 49
When someone begins to threaten Awsten, Geoff and Otto decide to do anything it takes to protect him. Through prison cells, court dates, funerals, a...
68.3K 2.8K 56
[COMPLETED] awsten and geoff are both somewhat instagram famous. they come across each other through mutual friends, and they actually end up having...