A Player's Game

By Alexisss1212

"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions... More

chapter 1: Crash and Meet
Chapter 2: He's the New Guy
Chapter 4: Downhearted and Crestfallen
Chapter 5: Pretty Brown Eyes
Chapter 6: Friday Nights and Somebody Else
Chapter 7: Stay Here. Talk. Radio On.
Chapter 8: Tomorrow Happening Today
Chapter 9: Bitter Sweet
Chapter 10: Hurt Me
Chapter 11: Late Night Surprises
Chapter 12: Escapades
Chapter 13: Unacquainted Feelings
Chapter 14: More Than Words
Chapter 15: Admit it
Chapter 16: Unaccompanied
Chapter 17: Kiss and Tell
Chapter 18: Love Day
Chapter 19: Euphoria
Chapter 20: Mixed Messages
Chapter 21: Threat of Joy
Chapter 22: Break Ups and Make ups
Chapter 23: Monday's Finish What Friday Couldn't
Chapter 24: Looking Down the Bottom of the Barrel
Chapter 25: Almost Over
Chapter 26: I'm Doing It
Chapter 27: It All Makes Sense
Chapter 28: Everything is Better Now

Chapter 3: The Fun in the Game

17.2K 388 167
By Alexisss1212

I couldn't believe it. Why did it have to be him? I'm very competitive so I felt the need to one up him on this. He was just standing there, perfect and all. I noticed his right arm was covered in a sleeve tattoo, it was absolutely stunning, just like he was. He wore basketball styled shorts that stopped at his knee and a t-shirt that wasn't skin tight, but wasn't super loose either. You could see the outline of his perfectly defined abs. His shirt read 'Boys Basketball State Champions' with some roman numerals for the year I'm assuming his team must've won. I mean with that shot, he definitely played. I guess I had another basketball player amongst myself. I needed to show him a little competition. I was still turned around with my right hand placed on my hip and the basketball I was shooting with earlier placed on my left side resting in between my waist and my arm.

"Rumor has it you're Stella Jones" he stated with a little nod.

"Rumor has it you're a man whore who's a total ass... I guess some rumors are true" I shot back. He clearly looked amused then looked at the ground, blinked, then only moved his eyes to stare straight into mine.

What I was about to do took balls, big balls. I walked towards him with the ball in my hand. He just raised his eyebrows and a smirk tugged at the corner of his gorgeous mouth. Stop thinking about his mouth. He was still standing at mid-court line, so I stood right in front of him, facing the same way he was, the basket. I felt my back touch what I know were his abs and I felt his whole body tense. He took a few micro movements back to give me the smallest amount of space. It would be so dope if I get this in. I dribble the ball a couple times in front of me and bend down to shoot. I had to make the same shot he did, maybe not as perfect, but it had to go in, I've done it before, but with my luck it wouldn't. For the sake of my pride I was mentally praying it would. Next thing I know, I shot the ball towards the net, I felt my body tense waiting for it to go in. It hit the rim and circled it once before it went in. Thank god it went in. I heard a bunch of cheering from the rest of the boys in the class on the side lines. They were all staring at me, smiling. I turned around to face the new guy and put both my hands on his broad shoulders. I raised myself by standing on my tip toes and whispered in his ear.

"Oh, nice shot by the way" I leaned back while intentionally brushing my lips against his jaw law. By the way, it was a really nice jaw line. I played guys just to give them a taste of their own medicine. The player's like to play their games, but I'm the coach, I know every move. They can flirt, do whatever, but at the end of the day, I don't fall for any of it, it's all fake. I think they do it because deep down, they enjoy seeing girls cry over them, it boosts their confidence. Or maybe they don't understand the term 'commitment'. The whole monogamy thing is just not in their nature. My friends say it's horrible to tease them and they say I'm a hypocrite, but what I do is way less worse than what they do. I do it just so they know what it feels like. It feels like shit.

"So Stella, I think everyone can vouch that you've attended class today" Mr. Young chuckled as he checked my name off on the attendance list. And yes, even the teacher was a guy, I was completely surrounded by boys. He then looked up to see the hot new bad boy everyone enjoyed looking at so much. "You must be Logan Carter?" Young questioned him. He just replied with a nod. Logan Carter. Even his name was pretty. I sat beside Frankie on the bench the whole time Young was continuing attendance. Pretty much everyone was standing up and I was trying to distract myself from Logan staring at me the whole time. I eventually stared back at him while putting my head on Frankie's shoulder then he rested his on top of mine. Logan started to look aggravated, almost as if he couldn't stand it, I mean we did it all the time, but he probably didn't know Frankie was gay. I can't help but think was I making him jealous?

"So it's up to you guys, what do you wanna do in gym today?" Mr. Young inquired as he put down his clip board. Everyone just started looking around at everyone else, then Frankie interrupted the silence.

"Well I think Logan and Stel might wanna play basketball" Frankie suggested sarcastically while smiling, the whole class started to laugh. I looked at Logan to see if he was gonna answer, but he was still staring at me.

"Yeah I'm ok with that" Logan averted his gaze from mine. "Who's gonna be the team captains?" Everyone then looked at me and pretty boy who asked the question.

"Jones, Carter, you'll be the captains, everyone else split up evenly between the two teams. A couple of the guys in the class shot questioning looks as they listened to Mr. Young's statement.

"You're seriously gonna let a girl be the team captain?" I heard one of the guys ask the teacher. My confidence was just stripped. I looked down at the floor and swallowed my emotions not knowing what to do. Then I heard Logan let out a light laugh.

"Did that seriously just come out of your fucking mouth?" Logan defended me with a fake smile. "Like did you not just see her make that shot?" his thumb pointed towards the net. "Next time you wanna talk shit about her, I'll hit you so hard that you'll be picking your teeth up off the floor, so I'd suggest shutting the hell up" he threatened with a face of no emotion.

"Language Carter!" Mr. Young warned.

"It had to be said" Logan shrugged. I looked over at him to notice him staring at me again. I mouthed the words 'Thank you' to him and he mouthed 'you're welcome' back, then gave me a seductive wink which made me roll my eyes. Even though he did that and maybe he has an ounce of respect in him, I still didn't like him. He's a total player.

We got into our teams, then Logan and I did tip-off. He of course got the ball cause he was way taller than me, but it didn't take me long to steal the ball from him. I dribbled coming down court-side then made it just outside the key then he blocked me. He gave me a smirk as if that was supposed to distract me then I gave him a look that shot daggers. I did a bit of hesitation just to trick him, then made my way past him and did a lay up. Oh and it went in by the way. The whole game was pretty much like that. The other team scored a few times, but my team won. At the end I hugged Frankie, then made my way into the locker room. I took off my shirt and I was about to take off my sports bra when I heard someone come in the room.

"Jones, don't stop on my account, please, continue" Logan suggested with his arms crossed and back leaning against the wall.

"What are you doing in here? Get out!" I shouted.

"Listen, if there's something I haven't seen before I'll let you know" he smirked. That's all he does. He just smirks. But I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world, but it was annoying that he looked so good while doing it.

"You couldn't just wait til I was done changing?"

"You see, I'm a very impatient person, so no... I could not do that" he answered.

"What is it gonna take for you to get out of here?" I asked aggravated.

"You. Me. Lunch."

"Never. Gonna. Happen." I shot back.

"Oh come on, I practically let you win that game, and I defended you to that idiot stick out there. I didn't have to. I was trying to be nice, you should feel lucky right now" he raised his eyebrows. I didn't know how long this conversation was gonna last so I thought what the hell? I decided to start changing even though he was right there.

"Actually you didn't let me win, just admit that I'm good, I promise it's not that hard. And second, I sincerely apologize that you felt the need to do something nice, instead of being the total ass you really are" I stated while taking off my shorts and putting my jeans on and buttoning them. He looked a little surprised that I didn't care, but I seriously don't think he minded. "And you know what, I don't feel lucky. I know rejection is a hard concept for guys like you to comprehend, but I just don't like you, never will" I voiced sounding really irritated while put my shirt on. "Oh and thanks to you I'm stuck wearing a sweaty bra all day" I snapped back with a straight face. I grabbed my bag with my gym clothes and books in it and walked passed him out the door without giving him a look. It took a few seconds for me to realize, but then it hit me. He practically just saw me naked.

~

It was the end of lunch, so I decided to get my books from my locker for English and Math. Frankie and Teddy came with me of course. The three of us hung out the most out of all my friends, probably cause they weren't girls that were obsessed with their boyfriend or looking for one cause they had each other. They also weren't like a gross couple, always touching each other, making out and sucking each other's faces off. Speaking of that. I shut my locker, only to notice Logan and slutty Mary doing exactly that. He didn't seem too into it, but she was practically sticking her tongue so far down his throat, it was practically sticking out his butthole. Gross. There was bloody Mary, then there was slutty Mary. Her actual name is Mary-Anne, but nobody ever called her that, but I mean her nickname is pretty self-explanatory, she did everything and everyone she could. She was pretty, I mean nothing special though. She had pale skin, jet black hair, always wore a red lipstick that somehow never came off. Even when she was sucking face with some random guy. Frankie and Teddy had to go to their next class so I said goodbye to them and tried to go unnoticed while walking past pretty boy and his making out buddy. But I don't have good luck.

"Oh hey Jones" Logan broke away from the kiss while still leaning against the lockers and Mary was practically hanging off of him.

"Hi Logan" I replied letting out a huge sigh. I was annoyed.

"Just wanted to let you know that I'm glad you said no to hanging out with me, this was way better" he stated pointing with his eyes towards Mary.

''I'll just have to take your word for it, but I'm going to go cause I'm really not enjoying this conversation, so bye" I was ok with being honest, that's the easiest way to get rid of people. I continued walking only to have him follow me. I felt a hand sneak its way around my waist and pull me in. I didn't even have to look, I knew it was him.

"Shouldn't you be getting STD's right now from your little hoe back there?" I asked with a straight face while he smiled at my question.

"Jeez Stel, who pissed in your coffee this morning" he looked back at me. It was weird that he called me that, only my closest friend's called me 'Stel'.

"Okay, first, don't call me that. And, second I don't drink coffee"

"Aw Stel, don't be like that" he was really starting to piss me off. I shot him a look that meant go away and thankfully he got the message. "I gotta go, but I'll see you around Jones" he voiced as he walked away.

"Hopefully you won't" I mumbled as we walked in the opposite direction. He was gorgeous, I'll admit that, but man was he ever a jerk.

I almost got to English, but yet again someone else had to annoy me. I feel like the universe is just giving me an excuse to skip class. I look at the girl's face, only to see slutty Mary in my way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 128 42
~COMPLETED~ We were so close to each other. Another movement forward and our lips would meet. His beautiful blue eyes flicker at my lips and I just...
1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
2.3M 41.3K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...