Aftermath

By theeighteenthnerd

"What brings you here, Malfoy?" Hermione questioned the man in front of her, perplexed. "Is that how you gree... More

CHAPTER 1: DRACO MALFOY IS AN ICON OF CHANGE
CHAPTER 2: BANKERS DO COLLECT
CHAPTER 3: ONE MUST NOT TRUST A MALFOY'S SUPRISE
CHAPTER 5: OR HOW TO NOT
CHAPTER 6: THE LAST PERSON YOU WANT TO MARRY
CHAPTER 7: NO ONE EVER LAYS A FINGER ON THE SNITCH BUT THE SEEKER
CHAPTER 8: FIRE AND ICE
CHAPTER 9: I NEED TO SEE PAPA
CHAPTER 10: NEVER DID AND NEVER WILL
CHAPTER 11: THAT'S HOW IT FELT
CHAPTER 12: ONLY IF YOU KNEW
CHAPTER 13: WE'RE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL
CHAPTER 14: WE'LL TRY IT THERE, AS WELL
CHAPTER 15: GENUINE FRIENDSHIP AND TRUST
CHAPTER 16: I FEEL IT TOO
CHAPTER 17: SO? WHAT DID MY MOTHER SAY?
CHAPTER 18: ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT
CHAPTER 19: PLACE YOUR HANDS, IDIOTS
CHAPTER 20: WANTING TO MAKE HIM STAY
CHAPTER 21: THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A PATRONUS
CHAPTER 22: A DIFFERENT FLIGHT
CHAPTER 23: PROOF OF YOUR PAIN
CHAPTER 24: AT LEAST WE KNOW IT WORKS

CHAPTER 4: THIS RING IS FULL OF BOLLOCKS

6.5K 192 111
By theeighteenthnerd

"We can't obliviate everyone in there! Especially your mother!" Hermione screamed at me. As soon as I have processed the event, I quickly apparated Hermione out of the living room and into my room—my real room.

The manor has a lot of rooms, including the ones that Astoria and I were supposed to sleep in but we chose not to.

"I know! Just let me think of a brilliant idea." I said indistinctively. "A brilliant idea? Who would've thought! I'm the one who's supposed to have those." Hermione said sarcastically waving her hand up in the air.

"Just hold your horses Granger. We can slid through this." I said, determined.

"No, we cannot just slid through this like a snake! Pictures were already taken, Malfoy! They've seen us, they've seen me. What would your Father think if he hears about this in Azkaban?!" Hermione gritted her teeth in anger. "His precious pureblooded son marrying a mu—" I cut her off and shushed her with my pointer finger. She widened her big brown eyes at me.

"Don't say it like it's a bad thing," I said. "Don't say what now?!" Hermione asked. "Like it's a bad thing marrying you—Granger."

Hermione Granger's
Point of View

My heart skipped a beat when Malfoy said those words. Merlin's beard, why did he just utter those words, my stomach is rumbling because of it. Am I grossed out?

"W-What do we do? I m-mean you can't just marry someone  . . . especially someone like me." I stammered in anger and complete mixed emotions.

"I said, don't you try and tell me, that marrying you is so wrong, Granger." I felt my cheeks heat up. Why is he telling me this, right now? In the middle of all of this?

Loud knocks were heard from Dracoms door and we quickly shot death glares on eachother.

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY! YOU EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME OR I'LL SWEAR IN YOUR FATHER'S BLONDE LOCKS, YOU'LL BE SHOVED BACK AGAIN IN MY STOMACH!"

"That's your mom," I whispered panicking. "Bet it is." Draco said sarcastically. "And she's furious." He added. He slowly went to the door as the knocks erupted faster and harder.

"Mother, let me—" Draco was cut off when Narcissa Malfoy pushed him out of the way and went straight to me.

My heart was kicking off a million heartstrings per millisecond.

"You!" She screamed at me. "Are you Astoria or are you Hermione Granger!" She added. "H-Hermione." I said stuttering and she paused.

She paused and thought for a while. She sighed and closed her eyes forcefully and then looked at me and looked back at Draco and to me again.

"I apologise, you had to witness my screaming mother phase." She said with a little smile.

Draco walked towards us.

"I've dismissed everyone, including Shacklebolt, I've said that further explanations will be heard tomorrow from the both of you." Narcissa said in complete authority.

"Young man, you have an awful lot of explaining to do." She narrowed her eyes to Draco and he lowered his gaze to his mother.

Draco had finally explained what he planned to happen and why it has to happen and why is it happening.

Narcissa shot death glares to his son, "You should've told me Draco. And I wouldn't have forced you into marrying Astoria. You can impress the Greengrass in your ways, patiently. I only thought it would be easier for you, if you just marry their daughter. You know all I want is for you to have a convenient life." His mother admitted.

"I tried so many times, you know, telling you. But every time that I do, you always ask me about how the wedding is fast approaching and how your eyes glinted with joy. I couldn't disappoint you, not again." Draco sighed and his mother's eyes started to weep.

"My Draco." Narcissa pulled her son into a hug and I just stood here, frozen, not comprehending much of the Malfoy drama session.

"Now . . . the real problem that involves you, too, Hermione is that . . . you're married." Narcissa said.

"What's the problem in that Mother? Don't you want me to marry the brightest witch of our age?" Draco smirked at me and his mother slapped him in the arm. And I shot him the you deserved it look.

"Hermione my dear, this . . . isn't something you can just go to the ministry off, and say that it's all a mistake, a fraud, get a divorce . . . because what you both are wearing right now . . . is a family heirloom." Narcissa held my hand hand, touching the emerald ring in my ring finger.

Narcissa also took Draco's hand and placed it in mine that sent Merlin's crabs all over my arms to my stomach. I looked at Draco and he was already looking at me and we both quickly shot our eyes back to the ring, denying the eye contact.

"What about it, Mother? You've always told me that this ring is nothing but an expensive piece of Merlin's teeth." Draco cringed, his mother chuckled.

"No. It isn't. Once you have sworn and worn it, it cannot be undone. You see, this ring has been in the Malfoy family in a very long time, when your father and I got married Draco, he refused to wear it, maybe that's why I was the only one who was truly in love, I must say."

Draco and I listened to Narcissa, carefully.

"Draco, I really thought that you—and Astoria are fine with marrying eachother and were inlove, so I took this chance to let the both of you wear it—but it turns out you have tricked me, being the Malfoy that you are." His mother scrunched her eyebrows, narrowing her eyes to Draco again.

Draco just smiled nervously.

"So does this mean? We are inseparable?" I asked, unsure. "Whatever you said in the vows, is what you have sworn to yourselves, to this ring, and it shall protect your vows and the beholder of the vows, no matter what."

My heart felt like a whirlwind at the thought of being inseparable to Malfoy.

"You, young lad, should sort it out because this is all your fault. Now, you both are trapped with eachother, forever." Narcissa stood up pressing his eyes to Draco as she said those words that froze me. Forever? Hermione, you idiot! That's what your vow is!

* * *

"What do we do now, Malfoy? I can't just be out of the blue married to you, what would my family say, the Weasleys, Harry, everyone." I said and exhaled in exhaustion as I stomped myself unto the huge emerald bed.

"Ouch, Granger. You're saying it as if you're marrying Voldemort." Draco sat beside me, and also stomped himself unto the bed.

Draco shifted his head towards me and I did too. We were both looking at each other a few inches away. I can feel his breath reach mine.

"Let's just stay married." I widened my eyes hearing those words from Draco and I felt my ring warm up. He also widened his eyes in comprehension to what he just said. "Bloody hell! This ring's making us fall in love and is making me say twisted stuff to you Granger!" He said, sitting down and moving away from me.

I chuckled a bit.

"Maybe it's not the ring Malfoy," I teased.

"Oh, would you look at that! Are you interested too, Granger?" He retorted and wiggled his eyebrows.

"You know, you should sleep here and we'll get out of this mess tomorrow. I'll be in the other bedroom, just in case you need anything, Mrs. Malfoy." Draco teased and smirked while heading out.

"Oh shut it, ferret." I said and sighed.

What have I gotten myself into? I thought. I have to come up with a brilliant plan. Something that could alter this problem. I need books. Well for now, I should rest.

Draco Malfoy's
Point of View

I tried sleeping but this damn ring won't stop warming up my ring finger! I tried to remove it but it gets warmer every time!

"A load of merlin's bull!" I hissed.

I cannot sleep and not getting enough sleep makes me cranky and grumpy. One does not simply disrupt or deprive Draco Malfoy from sleeping! Not even this stupid heirloom!

I swifted my wand and made an ice bucket, I quickly placed my hand in it, expecting the ring to warm up but it's still as warm as ever and I feel like my finger's going to be torn out of my hand.

"Much for luck, Draco," I whispered to myself and went straight to Hermione's room.

Hermione was sleeping, facing the huge window and so I only see her back and her curls. I slowly climbed to bed, trying not to disturb her, and if my calculations are correct about this heirloom—

"It's starting to ceasefire," I gushed when I heard Hermione talk and rolled to face me. "I couldn't sleep either, the ring is full of bull." She said.

"And my calculations are correct, it's starting to feel normal." I said.

"Does this mean we should sleep together at night Malfoy?" She asked sleepily. "I guess so, Granger." I whispered as I slithered to the blanket, which we both are sharing now.

"Do you mind?" I asked gesturing to remove my shirt. She just nodded, "It's not the first time." She chuckled while her eyes closed. Even though she didn't see what I gestured of, she knew.

"Are you asleep?" I asked moments after. "Uh-huh." She mumbled. "I can't." I admitted. "Hmm." Hermione mumbled again.

I just sighed. As soon as I was about to close my eyes to try and go to sleep, someone pulled me closer for a hug.

Of course, it was Hermione.

She hugged my tightly and placed her head on my arms. She smiled a little and sighed in relief.

"Good night, my Malfoy." She whispered and drowned in her slumber. My heart raced and my eyes tracing her face like a some sort of constellation. Her brown locks falling perfectly into places and her eyelashes, long and perfect. Her lips are so rosy and thin, reminds me of a rose. Her freckles were visible in the moonlight and her small body engulfing mine.

Blimey, this ring is full of bollocks. I said in complete, utter, disbelief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 5.8K 34
Breathing out, Hermione took his hand and said, "Valet in lucem." Draco wrinkled his nose, looking up at her confused. "Was that an insult?" Hermione...
436K 10.8K 27
"If she went, that was it. Everyone would know." Promiscuous, irreverent, but quick witted; Draco Malfoy seems to glide through life unbothered, yet...
65.3K 2.2K 76
⚠️UNDER EDITING/REVISION⚠️ (Still available to read) "There's no way that boy could ever feel love..." Hermione spat "I think he could...you guys j...
1.5M 41.3K 33
*COMPLETE* CRAZY and COMPLICATED. That's what Hermione's life becomes when, after a heated argument with the Slytherins, Ron impulsively bets away H...