Chasing Isla ✔

By RoseCarter501

After witnessing her boyfriend being murdered, fifteen year old Isla Mills instantly becomes his killers next... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 30

3.4K 143 26
By RoseCarter501

Monday.

The day of the week that most wish didn't exist. I don't mind Mondays. I mean the week has to start somehow, right? But it was this particular Monday that terrified me. Monday, the twenty seventh of November.

Days earlier one of my goofiest, bestest friends admitted their plot to take one of my friends virginity - just so he could bang the girl that he and his friend have been fighting over for years.

How did this involve me? I'm just a girl hiding from a psychopath, how did I get caught up in this little high school drama? Well my good friend had confide in me. He let me in on his evil plot. How can one of the nicest people that I've ever met, be just a dick?

I stood at my locker, where I grabbed my books for next period.

"What the fuck did you do?" A voice aggressively questions from beside me.

My heart almost falls out of my chest as I take a step back.

I release a sigh. "you scared me"

"You know nothing about this!" Kyle shoots me a dangerous glare "stay out of it"

I open my mouth to speak, but couldn't form the words. Remember when I hit my head and you escorted me to the nurse? You seemed so nice than. What a distant memory.

"I don't....." I start slowly.

"You're right at the bottom of the list of people that my friends and I care about" Kyle slams his hand on the lockers beside me, sending a loud wave through my ear drums.

"Arrr!" I furrowed my brows as taking another step a way from him. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about laura and Tommy" he specifies. 

"Are you serious?" I roll my eyes.

All this because I told Tommy he's being a dick for wanting to mess with Laura's head?

"Dead" he firms his gaze.

"What did I do?" I soften my voice in fear.

I just told Tommy not to play Laura like she was one of his bimbos.

"You made Tommy feel like shit" he spits "he's been in love with Laura since she transferred here...and you made him feel ashamed"

"I'm sorry...I didn't-" I let a tear escape.

I press my back against the locker in fear as he takes a step towards me.

"You didn't think!" he spits again.

"Kyle!" Willow calls from down the hallway, as walking towards us.

"I'm sorry" I mutter as looking down to avoid eye contact.

"what was that?" Kyle yells.

"I'm sorry" I repeat myself as more tears escape.

When did I become this person? At what point in my life did I become so fragile? So terrified of someone like Kyle? I'm a completely different person to who I was two years ago - before any of this happened.

"Get away from her Kyle!" Willow orders.

Suddenly a figure pushes Kyle away from me, pinning him to the locker. I don't even turn my head to see what was happening. I just stood there shaking, looking down at my feet as tears run down my cheeks.

It was Christmas Eve two years ago when Liam was murdered. Two years since I became afraid of people. I never used to be before that day. A pair of arms pulls me into a hug as taking a few steps away from Kyle, Willow, and whoever the third person was.

"Are you okay?" Laura questions "what was that about?"

Like I can tell her. If I told her about Kyle and Tommy's bet, who knows what would happen.

"nothing" I sniff.

"It didn't sound like nothing to me" she lowers her voice in concern.

I lift my head from Laura's shoulders where I see Thomas throw a punch at Kyle, by the lockers. How did this escalate so quickly? Someone please break it up before someone gets hurt.

"Emma" Ely says in a hushed tone, and concerning eyes, as approaching me "What did he say to you?"

He looked into my eyes, with tenderness. He wasn't aggressively trying to get answers out of me, he was genuinely concerned. 

I shake my head slowly as wiping my eyes with my sleeve "Nothing"

"Tell me" he insists.

I look up a Laura who had her arm wrapped around me. Me telling them would cause more trouble than it would resolve. They had to trust me on that.

"What did you say to her huh!" I hear Thomas scream from behind me.

His loud voice drew a crowds attention. I felt like begging him to leave it alone, but I don't want to cause any more trouble.

When did Thomas become so overprotective? It probably started when I was fifteen and pregnant. Since than he had called me names such as whore and slut. He would never admit it, but that's when he cared the most.

"Please can you just leave it alone" I begged.

I'm too emotional, that's the problem. The day that I learn how to control my emotions, is the day when incidence like this will stop occurring. Laura and Ely exchange looks.

Laura nods "okay lets go" she walks be down the hallway.

"So how was your weekend?" I change the subject.

"I went on a date with Jake Garcia" she half smiles "he took me to a movie than afterwards we walked through the park"

"....Did you sleep with him?" I force myself to question.

"No" she shakes her head slowly, maintaining her smile "I didn't"

I nod "Are you seeing him again?"

"I don't know" she shrugs "maybe"

She seems to happy. If I told her about Kyle and Tommy then I'd ruin her mood.

"You seem very cheery" I observed.

"I am" she half smile as her eyes fill with sadness "I hate being happy....it doesn't feel right"

"What do you mean?" I dry my eyes with my sleeve.

"Everybody around me are always so....unhappy" Laura admits "Willow with her cancer, Tommy with his brother, Kyle with his dad, Ely with his entire family,....that's why I like you and Jacob so much"

"What?" I widen my eyes.

"You two are always so happy, well with now as an exception of course" she smiles "your lives are so simple and easy....your lives aren't complex like the rest of them"

My heart broke. Thomas and I have the hardest live out of all of them. We're running from a hitman who killed my boyfriend, tried to kill me, wants to kill hank and Thomas, and is the reason why I haven't seen my brother and daughter in two years.

"Yeah you're right... It's not" I struggle to say. 

"You can tell me...." She starts "what's going on with Kyle"

Oh how much I would love to. If I did then every thing would be ruined.

"I wish I could" I admit.

"But?" She raises her brow.

All hell would break loose if I did.

"But his tormenting would never end if I do" I explain.

"What do you have on him?" She softens his voice.

That's the same question Willow asked me that night in the hospital. All my friend's know about Ms Pool, I guess Laura is still out of the loop.

"What makes you think that I have anything on him?" I ask.

"Well you must know something that the rest of us don't....why else would he constantly harass you?" She point out.

I want to tell her everything about Tommy's bet, but I can't. I wouldn't be able to handle the tension and Kyle's harassment if I did.

I sigh. "I really want to tell you-"

"but Kyle's going to be pissed, I get it?" She nods her head.

Sure he would be, but definitely not as much as she will be at Tommy. I can't be responsible for ruining their friendship.

"....no.....you will be" I say at almost a whisper.

"Me?" She widens her eyes in shock.

"there's two reason for Kyle harassing me" I admit "one is something I can't tell anyone or else Kyle could get in trouble....and the second is something involving Tommy-"

"Tommy?" She interrupts.

"Kyle was trying to be a good friend and I screwed it up-" I continue.

"Wait so the thing with Tommy will make me mad?" She asks.

"Yes" I nod. "You deserve to know, you need to know but you'll be mad at Tommy, like really really mad and-"

"don't tell me" she cuts me off.

"what?" I blink.

"if by telling me, it will make me mad at one of my best friends than please don't tell me" she begs.

"but you need to know-" I tell her.

"I don't want to, honestly I don't" she shakes her head.

I can respect that.

"okay" I struggle to comply.

"Emma can i talk to you" a voice requests.

I look up to find Tommy with his sad eyes. I can never say no to him.

".....sure" I hesitantly agree as we walk down the hallway together.

"Friday I found out that my brothers cancer is more aggressive than we thought" Tommy starts "so I went home and drank every bottle that I could find in my dad's liquor cabinet.... then I took off in the limo that he had hired, that was supposed to take him and my mum out for the night...I made a drunken phone call and admitted things I didn't even know that I remembered-"

"Tommy-" I stop in my tracks.

He doesn't need to explain to me. I think I was just over reacting a little. Of course Tommy doesn't mean to cause harm, I could have handled his confession better.

"Everything that I said to you was completely true....we did have a stupid bet...but honestly that bet went out the window the first time that I laid eyes on her....since than I haven't cared about anything other than winning her heart....I'm sorry about Kyle....he can be a dick, but please, please don't tell her about what happened...because if you do....not only will I be losing the love of my life....but I'll be losing my best friend" 

I look into his big sad eyes. God how can I say no to him? So I guess he genuinely likes, or possibly loves Laura.

I place my hand on his cheek before sighing. "Do you love her?"

"More then you know" he admits.

Love is a big step, but who am I to say that he's full of crap. I believe him.

"Fine" I nod "I won't say a thing"

"Thank you" he kisses the back of my hand. "And don't worry about Kyle, I'll handle it"

I nod as he smiles, before beginning to walk away. Handle it how? I hope Tommy gets his happy ending, and if that ending involves Laura then so be it.

"Tommy" I call, causing him to turn and face me "I hope you get her someday"

With that he flashes me a small smile before walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 489 37
Carolina York. Mikayla Lionoff. Lucy Maine. Vanessa Gray. Katherine Vicar. Molly Nichols. Alana May Criston. 7 people. All very different. All exact...
53K 3.1K 27
6 girls. 7 boys. 1 awesome vacation. Or that's what they thought. What happens when the power goes out and people are getting killed by the minut...
195 0 22
Alicia has had a hard time trying to adjust to life after her father tried to kill her, and just when she thought everything was going to be okay, he...
10.2K 1.2K 40
• Nothing Lasts Forever • [#114 in Action (08.09.16)] (#395 in Training) +COMPLETED+ A cup full of action, a spoonful of humor, and a teaspoon of ro...