Is it Real or Not?

By MJQuality

Its 1991 and Michael Jackson is busy preparing his new album, Dangerous. With the pressure for this album to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
7.
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
New Story Alert!
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 49

1.1K 30 5
By MJQuality

Carter's POV

I felt the car pull to a stop in front of the church. I looked out of the window and saw the multitude of fans and paparazzi waiting behind barriers across the street, which caused my breath to hitch in my throat. I had no idea how they had even found out when the wedding was, let alone where, and I hoped they wouldn't ruin anything.

"Hey," my daddy tightened the grip he had on my hand, which he hasn't let go of every since we left the hotel. "Everything will be ok. Carter, look at me," he demanded softly. I looked over at him and he gave me a soft smile. "Everything will be fine, alright? I promise." 

I took a deep breath and nodded. He opened his door before getting out. He walked around the car and opened my door, holding his hand out to me. I gathered the bottom of my dress in one hand and grabbed his out stretched hand with my other. I stepped out of the car and the already loud screaming of Michael's fans increased times ten. I waved towards them and walked with daddy to the steps leading to the church. 

Janet's head poked out of the front doors and once she saw us, she rushed out and down the steps to meet us. She didn't say anything, she just stepped behind me and gathered my train in her hands. I shot her a quick smile before walking up the steps. Once we got to the doors, I turned and waved at the fans one last time before going inside. 

"Bride has landed. I repeat, bride has landed," Lawrence said into his earpiece as he walked towards us.  He smiled and handed me my bouquet. "We're about to start momentarily, alright?"

I nodded and tightened my grip on my bouquet. Janet straightened out my train and came around to stand in front of me. She grabbed the ends of veil and flipped it so that my face was now covered. I was so excited back at the hotel but now that we're here, seconds away from walking down the aisle, I was starting to get nervous. I chewed on my lip while twirling my bouquet around in my hands. "Calm down," Janet chuckled. 

"Do you think he'll like it?" I asked, glancing down at my dress.

"He'll love it, but not as much as he loves you," she teased, making me giggle. "You'll be fine."

I took a few deep breaths and nodded. All of a sudden, I heard the music start. The doors to the sanctuary of the church opened and Liv shot me a quick wink before linking arms with Eddie and walking down the aisle. Avery and Jackie linked arms and followed behind them. Janet smiled at me before wrapping her arm around Marlon's, who was Michael's best man. They walked down the aisle and the doormen closed the doors after they walked in.

I felt my daddy pat my hand, making me look over at him. "You know whether you're married or not, you'll always be my little girl right?"

I smiled sadly and nodded. "I know daddy. I love you so much."

"I love you more," he replied before grabbing my hand and bringing it to his lips to kiss it. The wedding march that Michael had picked out, "Canon in D", began to play. Me and daddy moved to stand right in front of the doors and on Lawrence's signal, the doormen opened the doors and everyone stood up as me and daddy began to walk down the aisle. 

As we walked, I saw all of our family and friends, making me smile wider. I looked up to the altar and saw Michael, standing there in his gold suit jacket and black dress pants. His hair was half up, half down which was the way I liked it the best. He was biting his lip, and I could tell that he was excitedly nervous just like I was. I smiled at him and that's when I saw a tear slip down his face. He was crying. Oh yeah, I got a good one.

Once me and my daddy made it to the altar, Michael stepped down and stood on the other side of my dad while we looked up at the preacher, Reverend James.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" He asked, looking down at us.

"I do," my daddy spoke up. He turned to me and lifted my veil before kissing my forehead. He then turned and went to sit next to my mother in the front row. Michael grabbed my hand and helped me step up onto the altar. I turned and handed my bouquet off to Janet. Michael immediately grabbed both of my hands in his and squeezed them tightly. 

"We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Before we continue, if there is anyone here who objects to the union of these two souls, please speak now or forever hold your peace." After a couple moments of silence, he opened his bible and continued.

"The joining of two souls together under the sanctity of marriage is a beautiful and sacred thing. Because of they recognize the special love that they share together, Michael and Carter have decided to enter into the holy state of matrimony. Now, I believe you each have written your own vows to each other so Carter," he gestured to me, taking a step back from us.

I turned around and Janet handed me a piece of paper. I turned back to Michael, who was smiling softly at me. "It was so much, I had to write it down," I giggled, making everyone in the church chuckle as well.

"Michael, you're my heart. Before you, I had never met anyone who made me feel the way that you do. With you, I never have to doubt whether or not you care, because I know you do. When I was at my lowest point in life, you were there. After I lost our daughter, I wasn't myself. But you," I had to pause because I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I didn't want to start bawling. Michael tightened his hold on my hand and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles. "You helped bring me out of the darkness back to the light. You saved me. I always have known that I wanted to be with you but when you saved me, that's when I knew for sure that you were God's gift to me. My guardian angel," I smiled, making him laugh.

"Michael, I promise to be your person. The person that you can laugh with, the person who's shoulder that you can cry on, the person who will help you to the bathroom when you're old," I giggled, making everyone laugh. "But most importantly, I promise to be the person who will spend her life making sure that I make you as happy as you've made me." 

I turn and hand the piece of paper back to Janet. Michael pulls a piece of paper out of his suit jacket and unfolds it. He takes a deep breath and then looks up at me.

"Carter, you have turned my life upside down in the most fantastic way. Before I met you, I thought I was going to be alone forever. I never thought I'd find someone who would love me for who I am, and not what I am. You are unlike anyone that I'v ever met. You're so strong, yet so gentle. It can be hell getting you to open up sometimes," he chuckles. My mom, dad, and Olivia all say at the same time, "Amen!", which causes everyone to laugh loudly. "But I've learned you so well, I don't even need for you to tell me at this point. 

It's funny that you say that I saved you, because you've done the same thing for me. You've shown me that I was worthy of love," he says, tears slipping down his face. My heart breaks a little and I bring my hand up to his face, wiping away his falling tears. "You've shown me that I wasn't unlovable. I've felt lonely for the majority of my life and once you came into it, I completely forgot what that feeling felt like. To know that I'm not alone and that I never will be again is the greatest gift that someone like me can receive. I'll spend the rest of my life repaying you for it and making sure that you don't regret your decision.

I promise to love you, care for you, and never leave your side. It's going to be me and you, forever and always. This is my promise to you," he sighs before folding the paper back up and slipping it into his pocket. He wipes his face clear of the last of his tears and grabs both of my hands again. Reverend James steps back up to us with a huge grin on his face.

"Now, the rings please," he says. I turn and Janet hands me Michael's wedding band. "Carter, repeat after me. I, Carter Janae Green," he pauses.

"I, Carter Janae Green," I repeat.

"Take Michael Joseph Jackson to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold from this day forward." He continues.

"Take Michael Joseph Jackson to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold from this day forward." I smile.

"In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or for worse, until death do we part," he finishes.

"In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or for worse, until death do we part," I hold his left hand in mines and slide the band onto his ring finger. He looks down at it and smiles.

Marlon hands Michael my wedding ring and I'm shocked when I see it. The original plan was for Michael and I to use just plain gold bands as our wedding bands. I didn't think that I needed two diamond rings so I was fine with just a plain band. 

Michael apparently thought otherwise. The ring was square cut, unlike my engagement ring which was circle cut. In the center was a beautiful diamond, which was surrounded by a square of gold diamonds and then a second square of clear diamonds.

"Baby," I whispered, smiling widely. He winked at me and then repeated everything that Reverend James had me say to him. He took my left hand and slid the ring onto my finger. He then brought my hand up to his lips and kissed the ring. 

"It is my pleasure, with the powers vested in me, to pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Michael Joseph Jackson," Reverend James announced. "You may kiss the bride."

Michael smirks and holds my face in both of his hands before kissing me passionately. Everyone in the church applauds and Michael takes it a step further by dipping me down while still kissing me. I giggle loudly as he stands me back up again. Janet hands me my bouquet again and Michael holds my hand tightly as we walk down the altar and back down the aisle leading out of the sanctuary. 

Michael pulls me into a random room and locks the door behind him. 

"Michael, what are you doing?" I chuckle as he steps towards me. He grabs both of my hands and kisses them before letting them go and then wrapping his arms around me. 

"I just wanted some alone time with my wife. Wow," he says, with a stunned expression on his face. 

"What?"

"It's so natural to call you my wife already," he smirks. I smile widely and wrap my arms around his neck.

"It's a good thing that you're used to it then because you're definitely not getting rid of me now," I tell him.

"There's nothing in the world that could make me want to do that anyways," he leans in and kisses me softly. "We better enjoy this time together now because you know everyone is going to be all over us later," he says once he pulls away from my lips.

"That's true," I nodded. I leaned in and kissed him again, this time more passionately. He tightened his grip around my waist and sighed against my mouth.

"You look so beautiful in this dress but I can't wait to take it off of you tonight," he whispers, looking dead into my eyes and I shiver.

"I can't wait either baby," I sigh, suddenly wishing that we could skip our own reception and go straight to our hotel. 

I guess Michael knew what I was thinking because he kissed my forehead twice before looking back down at me. "Patience baby girl," he teased and grabbed my hand in his. I rolled my eyes playfully and Michael unlocked the door before leading us out of the room. The front doors to the church opened and Michael's fans began screaming loudly at the sight of us.

Michael smiled and waved, which caused me to follow his lead and do the same. He made sure to keep his grip on my hand tight as we descended the stairs and made it to our car. He opened the door for me, and helped me with my dress as I got in. He turned back to the crowd across the street and threw up the peace sign before getting in the car.

Michael's POV 

"Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Michael Joseph Jackson!" The DJ announced. Me and Carter walked into the tent, where all of our family and friends were applauding. I led Carter over to the dance floor and everyone settled down.

"Now, it's time for their first dance as husband and wife," I looked over at him and nodded, giving him the signal to play the song. Carter had no idea what our first dance song would be because we agreed that I would pick it as a surprise.

"May I have this dance?" I asked, bowing slightly. She giggled and nodded.

"Yes, you may," she smiled. I took her hand in mine and wrapped my other arm around her waist. 

"Once all alone, I was lost in a world of strangers. No one to trust, on my own. I was lonely. You suddenly appeared. It was cloudy before but now it's all clear. You took away the fear, and you brought me back to the light," the song says.

Carter gasps and looks up at me. "Michael, this is you singing," she smiled, with a look of slight disbelief on her face. "You recorded a song for our wedding?"

"Not just the wedding, for you. I wrote this for you baby girl," I told her, leaning down to nuzzle my nose against hers. 

"You are the sun, you make me shine. Or more like the stars, that tinkle at night. You are the moon that glows in my heart. You're my daytime, my nighttime, my world. You are my life," I sing on the track. 

Carter smiles and listens intently to the song. As she listens, I can see the tears welling up in her eyes. I reached down and wiped them before they could fall down her face. 

"You gave me strength when I wasn't strong. You gave me hope when all hope was lost. You opened my eyes when I couldn't see. Love was always here waiting for me," the song continues. 

"You are the sun, you make me shine. Or more like the stars, that tinkle at night. You are the moon that glows in my heart. You're my daytime, my nighttime, my world. You are my life," I start to actually sing to her along with the track already playing. I hold her face in both of my hands and start to ad lib along with the song, making her giggle loudly and smile at me. 

"You're my daytime, my nighttime, my world. You are my life," I finish with the song. Carter immediately grabs my face and kisses me passionately.

"I love you so much Applehead," she said against my lips. 

"I love you more baby girl," I chuckled as she continued to kiss all over my face.

"Alright, now let's get this party jumping!" The DJ yelled and everyone flooded the dance floor. He started to play a Jackson 5 song, I Want You Back, and everyone cheered. Marlon and Jackie, along with Tito and Jermaine who were just guests at the wedding, came over to me. 

"Should we do it for old times sake?" Marlon smirked.

"I don't know ya'll," I said, shaking my head. 

"Go ahead Michael," Carter said, still holding onto my arm. 

"Baby, I don't think so."

"Please Michael? I've never seen you perform with your brothers. For me?" She pouted at me and I groaned loudly because she knows that always gets me.

"Fine but only because it's for you and it's our wedding day," I told her, making her squeal. I leaned down and puckered my lips, and she reached up and kissed my lips. She then let my arm go and I walked over to my brothers.

"Alright, make some room here! My brothers are getting ready to dance," Janet came out of nowhere and pushed people back.

"What would we do without our demanding ass little sister?" Jackie wondered aloud.

"You'd be dancing in a small ass space, that's what," Janet stuck her middle finger up at him and then stood next to Carter.

The DJ restarted the song and we started to dance. I have to admit that dancing with my brothers again, just for the fun of it, felt amazing. It reminded me of when we were little and all we wanted to do was perform. 

Once the song was over, I walked back over to Carter and she wrapped her arms around me. "That was amazing baby," she told me.

"Thank you," I chuckled, slightly out of breath. Lawrence came over to us and told us that it was time for us to cut the cake then it would be time to eat.

After cutting the cake and posing for pictures all the while, we sat at the bridal table with the rest of our wedding party. One of the many waiters circling through the room came over to me and Carter and offered us a glass of champagne.

"Yeah, two glasses please," I spoke for the both of us.

"Actually, none for me please," Carter smiled slightly and I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Why? Usually you would be knocking these back," I laughed, gesturing to the glass of champagne. The waiter handed me one and then moved next to me where Eddie and Olivia were sitting.

"Um, I just don't want any," she said and I looked at her skeptically. "What?" She shrugged when she saw me eyeing her.

"What are you hiding?" I asked her, wondering why she wouldn't be drinking. All of a sudden, it came to me. "Are you pregnant?"

She doesn't say anything, she just blushes and looks down. I turn in my seat to face her fully and I grab both of her hands to hold them in mines. "Carter, are you pregnant?" I asked her again.

"I wanted to figure out a better way to tell you, but yeah. I'm pregnant Michael." She smiles.

I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I grabbed her face and kissed her. After pulling away, I placed both of my hands on her stomach. As I moved them around, I could actually feel a little bump.

"How far along are you?" I wondered in disbelief at how I never noticed. "Is the baby ok? How long have you known?"

"I'm 14 weeks today and the baby is perfectly fine. I only found out myself two weeks ago and Janet helped me realize it," she giggled.

"Thank god for Janet," I chuckled. Carter nodded and reached up to rub my cheek.

"Are you excited?" She asked. 

"Beyond excited baby. We're going to have our own little baby. Our baby girl that we lost is going to be a big sister," I rambled and Carter laughed. 

"Yeah," she smiled sadly. I realized what I said and kissed her cheek. 

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't realize what I was saying," I apologized quickly. She shook her head.

"No Michael, it's ok. I just wish she was here with us but I know that she's our guardian angel," she told me and I honestly had to say that I was surprised. I guess she had finally started to be at peace with it.

"I'm so proud of you," I told her. "Mommy," I added, making us both laugh.

The DJ started to play Forever Mine by the O'Jays and I looked knowingly over at Carter. She just smiled and nodded. I stood up and held my hand out to her. She gathered the bottom of her dress and grabbed my hand, standing up. We walked through the maze of tables and made it to the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around my neck while I wrapped mines around her waist.

"It's fitting that this song is playing, yeah," She asked me, playing with the curls at the back of my neck.

"Definitely. The first song that we danced to that night two years ago and now we're dancing to it at our wedding. Not to mention you're pregnant with our child," I smirked. "It's perfect."

"I love you Michael Joseph Jackson," she said.

"I love you too Carter Janae Jackson," I put emphasis on her new last name and she laughed.

"And to think, there was a time where I wondered if what we had was real or not," She shook her head as if to try and get rid of that memory. 

"Do you have the answer to that question now?" I smirked as I gestured around us. Avery was dancing with Jackie and Olivia and Eddie were dancing. Carter's mom and dad were dancing together and so were Janet and her fiance Rene. The rest of our family and friends were also dancing around us. 

"Oh, it's real. It's definitely real," she giggled and I leaned down to kiss her.

*************************************************

Here are some visuals from the wedding:

The Bridesmaids dresses. Olivia's is the one on the far left, Janet's is the second from the right, and Avery's is the farthest right.

Carter's dress and details.

Michael's tux. You all know he had to be extra lol. Eddie and his brothers wore normal black tuxes. 

The church where the wedding ceremony was held.

The wedding reception.

Well, that was the last official chapter of this story!! I literally have tears in my eyes as I'm writing this because this story, like all the others, is my baby lol. I hope you all have enjoyed this story because I have enjoyed writing it!

I will be posting an epilogue chapter but I haven't even started it yet so I'm not sure when that will be posted so keep an eye out for that!

I love all of you guys genuinely and thank you so much for your support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 94 39
Leati Joseph Reigns,the youngest yet most feared Mafia bodyguard,capable of anything any task. Until he has one task Don't fall in love! Will he fail...
116K 2K 101
⚠️WARNING⚠️ ADULT CONTENT IS INCLUDED IN A CHAPTER OR 3. 17+ CAUSE I KNOW YALL STILL READ IT ANYWAYS LOL. THERE'S CURSING, BONDAGE AND SPICY SCENES...
3.2K 104 18
"If your boyfriend finds out he'll kill me too" - Anchor Tattoo - Chase Atlantic OC story Mitchel Cave Christian Anthony
308K 9.2K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...