Heaven

By violet0gold

"Once, there was a devil and an angel, who fell deeply in love with one another. Something so rare and beauti... More

Heaven
Heart
Hope
Hell
Healing
Half
Hurt
Home
Bad
Break
Missing
Most
Night
Never
Destroyed
Damaged
Danger
Beast
Broken
Bruised
Blurred
Battered
Freedom
Feeling
Forever
Fur
Freak
Praying
Promise
Protecter
Perspective
Wild
Wicked
Wonder
Wherever
Wolf
Authors Note

Wisdom

20 0 0
By violet0gold

" and so they'll fall, the power of light fading while darkness consumes all."

The balance between light and dark was struggling, the light fading while darkness grew. It manipulated people, showing them things they wanted to see.

It brought out the evilest parts in people.

There was a shift, I wasn't sure when I first felt it but it's growing. The town was starting to die slowly, people moving and leaving their homes, like they knew a storm was coming.

A massive storm about to wipe out this mystical town.

Mom and Dad left, after we persuaded them to head to the city, they were human. They wouldn't be able to survive.

It's been a week since I last seen Ben, the infection from Cupid's arrow only growing but there was something off about him, I couldn't put my finger on it.

I could feel all the elements, but all I could feel is this anger flowing around me.

"Nana, I think something bad is coming," I whisper out, and she looks over at me with the smallest smile gracing her face.

She rocked back and forth, "A war?" She questioned.

My eyebrows knit forward as I stared at her, "How'd you-" She cut me off with a faint laugh.

"The angels have been talking, a war is coming. The great fall," She answers but that only caused my curiosity to grow.

"What's the great fall?" I questioned.

I watch her carefully, she gulps and I can hear her heart racing in her chest.

"When Lucifer was banned to Hell, that was the original fall. But there were always stories of a reckoning, another fall. The great fall, where God himself loses one of his most admired alias."

She cleared her throat, "The war between the angels causes the balance between light and dark to fall. It doesn't just effect the angels, but other supernatural creatures,"

I shook my head, my throat tightening, "I've felt it, around me. The anger, the fear." I whisper out.

My Nana's eyes fill with tears, "The darkness will come for you, like it will everyone else. You can't let it in, you have to fight it."

"It'll see the power inside of you, It'll try to turn you, so promise me Della, you won't let it take you," she whispers.

I reach over and grab her frail hands in mine, "Nana, why are you talking like we'll never see each other again?"

She smiled and shook her head, "I know I'll be seeing you, I just want you to know that you are loved,"

I start shaking my head and go to speak when she cuts me off, "You have to stop hating yourself because of your mother."

I pull away from her and narrow my eyes slightly, my heart racing in my chest, "I'm not sure what y-"

She rolled her eyes and cut me off again, "Just because she left you, doesn't mean everyone's going to leave you,"

"I understand your Dad leaving was hard, but you are not the reason your mother killed herself. Not everyone is going to leave you," She added on.

I sat there quietly and let her words sink in, my mind processing them slowly so I can fully understand, but it doesn't help. My mind was scattered, my hands now shaking in my lap.

My mother did leave me, she left me before she even had the chance to meet me.

"There's darkness in you, and it'll call to you. You can't make the same mistake your mother made," Nana whispered.

I rose an eyebrow and leaned back into the couch, everything inside of me went numb and it felt hard to breathe properly.

"Mistake? What do you mean?"

She smiles at my questions, the nervousness the seeped into my shaky voice. My wide eyes as she told me about the woman who died while carrying me.

There was always this small pit in my stomach, that always seemed to overcome the hate that I had for her. A curiosity that burned deep, a feeling I couldn't shake because all I wanted was to know her.

"When the first fall happened, when Lucifer and other angels fell. It's all happening again now. And your mother witnessed the first fall, she-"

"That was thousands and thousands of years ago," I whispered, causing her to smile at me, her eyes alight.

She nodded, "Indeed, your mother was around for a very long time." She whispers.

"Darkness and Light fought against each other, angels against the fallen. Lucifer against God, and so the darkness creeped up on Delia."

"It was always in her, so she didn't fight it and it consumed her, until she met your father."

My heart stops in my chest and I clench my fingers into fists by my sides, trying to control the anger building up inside of me.

"Vampires tend to hide away, staying away from humans and other supernatural creatures. But when Delia met Jonathan, she couldn't help but fall for him."

"He was the good, the light that she needed to help her away from the darkness, to strip away the evil from her."

I shook my head, that couldn't be true. Because if it were, she'd still be here, she wouldn't have killed herself.

"She left him before he could turn her, she loved him and that's why she left,"

"It was impossible for Vampires to be pregnant, it's against their creation and yet here you are." She explains.

The house was silent, even outside was silent. No one around for a good few blocks. The town was quieter than usual and it was somewhat terrifying.

"She was told she had to kill Jonathan, so instead she killed herself, that was her way of letting the light win, the darkness no longer having control over her."

Tears slid down my face and I cleared my throat while standing to my feet. It felt like something snapped inside of me and I couldn't put it back together.

I finally knew the truth.

"But what about me?" I croaked out, feeling pain surge through my heart.

How could she kill herself while she was pregnant with me? That's the one thing I never truly understood. She was willing to let the both of us die. Not just her, but me.

Nana smiled at me, her eyes glossy with unshed tears, "Honey, she knew the power you possessed, she knew you'd make it through. She knew how strong you were and that's how she let herself die with you still unborn."

"Because of the power you possessed, she wasn't going to let you die with her."

I wipe my face, letting a small sigh escape between my lips. My heart ached and my stomach twisted into uneasy knots because I've spent so much time hating her, when in fact she saved my life.

My mother died saving my fathers life, a human. A Vampire who was supposedly evil, consumed by the dark side.

She killed herself so my father would live, she died with me still inside of her, because she already knew I was going to survive.

"You were her last hope, a hope that all supernatural beings could live amongst each other." She whispers.

I brought a hand down my face, "I can't, I can't even take care of myself, how am I suppose to fix everyone around me?" I questioned.

She laughed loudly and shook her head, "My dear, nobody needs fixing. There is no changing a person who doesn't need changing, it's about opening their eyes. Showing them that supernaturals can exist together."

Who am I suppose to be proving this too? And why does it have to be me?

A war was coming, a war I didn't know about until today. Where sides will be chosen, good or evil.

A tempting question to honestly answer. Good or Evil? In movies I always see Good win, but what if those who are fighting for evil, really believe that their fighting for good, and we're the evil ones.

It's not about choosing sides for me, it's about bringing peace. Keeping it, preventing unnecessary deaths.

I wanted to end it, before it began.

"How am I-"

Again, my nana cut me off.

"You have everything you need. You just have to learn how to access it," She says, causing me to chew my bottom lip.

Almost everything she says lately has been in a riddle, or some type of puzzle that I had to put together.

I nod my head, "I'm going to head out, I'll be back to visit soon." I say, kissing her head as I pass by her.

Before I pull open the front door she stops me again, "Please dear, don't let the darkness get you too." She whispers.

I nod my head silently, opening the front door before closing it behind me. I headed towards the forest in her backyard, all the while trying to calm my racing mind.

But it was hard.

I could sense fear and anger all around me, and it was all the time now. I couldn't ignore it any longer because it just kept growing.

You could feel it in the air, almost like a silent warning that something was coming. And whatever that something was, it wasn't good.

I hear twigs snap around me and watch as a wolf walks out, it's head low as it sniffed me out. It gave a small growl before it ran off behind a tree.

I could hear it's bones crack as it transformed back into human. I got a whiff of her scent and smiled lightly.

"What are you doing out here, Blue?" I question.

She smiled, "To check on my girlfriend of course," She replied, sending me a playful wink.

I roll my eyes while letting out an airy laugh, relief filling my chest. Graylen always knew how to lighten the mood, without even trying.

I loop my arm through hers and we begin walking through the forest, "Somethings coming," I whispered.

She nodded her head and shot a glance towards me, "I can feel it, the fear. The other wolves feel it too," She says.

I chew my lip, "Don't leave me, whatever you do, don't leave my side." I say, my voice wavering.

She smiles widely at me, "C'mon, you don't really think I'd ever leave you, someone's got to protect you." She retorted.

A laugh escapes me and I shake my head, "I don't know what I'd do without you," I say, honestly. She always knew how to keep my head on straight.

"All hope would be lost with you if I weren't around." She shot back, causing me to laugh again.

She was probably true. When we were younger, Graylen was always 87% of my impulse control.

"We can do this." I whisper to myself, reassuring myself that we in fact could get through this, that we'd make it through.

Things were about to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 271 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...
359K 7.3K 30
Aurora a seventeen year old girl filled with innocence. Damien a seventeen year old known as the town's 'Badboy'. She was like an angel. He was just...
4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...
731K 6.1K 7
Two worlds collided with a force that neither could withstand. Daniel Knight, a ruthless billionaire with a past steeped in violence and power, rule...