Nature's Freak - BOOK 1 ✔ (Un...

By EmotionalPerson01

Freya Jane Grinsly is known to be a "Freak". Everyone in her town see's her as a mysterious person and despi... More

Welcome Back!!!
Chapter 1: Who am I?
Chapter 2: Threatened to Break.
Chapter 3: Friend or Enemy?
Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.
Chapter 5: Defenseless.
Chapter 6: Death Sentence.
Chapter 7: The Past Will Return.
Chapter 8: The Never Ending Night.
Chapter 9: The Deal Never Included Me.
Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Be Continued.
Chapter 11: Confusion At It's Finest
Chapter 12: Sweet and Innocent
New Book
Chapter 13: Bloodbath
Chapter 14: Sanctuary
OH....MY.....GOSH!!!!
Chapter 15: A Monster Who Loves
Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself
Republish Saved By The Devil Series?!
Chapter 17: Better Than A Pistol
Chapter 18: Fight to The Death
Chapter 19: Who's to Blame?
Chapter 20: Apologies and Energy
Chapter 21: Confession Day
Chapter 22: Road Trip
Chapter 23: No Breaks
PLEASE READ
Chapter 24: It's A Weird Day
Chapter 25: A Plan
Chapter 26: Ethan!
Chapter 27: That Makes Sense
Chapter 28: Stuck Beyond Help
Chapter 29: What Was Lost is Now Found
Chapter 31: I Want Vengeance
Sequel
There Will Be A Book 2!! READ!!
BOOK 2 IS OUT!!

Chapter 30: Still Gone

1.5K 100 10
By EmotionalPerson01

I tried to make it into 1 chapter but it was too long so you will be getting two chapters and a sequel ;) Enjoy!

~~~~

After Victor had passed away in my arms, it started raining heavily as his guys had now arrived. I quickly told them what happened and half of them went into the woods searching for the person Victor had shot and the other half just stayed with me as the ambulance arrived and took Victor away in a body bag.

Some minutes passed by and the guys who went into the woods came back out with a monotone look. A car then pulled up to which my surprise was Leo, Kyle and Oscar who hopped out. The guys explained what happened and I watched as Leo let out a sigh before passing his hand through his hair as they were telling them something.

Whatever they told him seemed to phase Leo, Kyle and Oscar since I saw how angry they were within seconds. With all my energy, I walked over to them only for them to stop talking and give me the look of sympathy.

"Did you find the person?" I managed to find my voice.

The guys all looked at each other before Leo let out a heavy sigh but this one came out more like a disappointment sigh. "No but Victor was able to do some damage. There was a blood trail from his injury but it slowly stopped. The guy probably covered up his track," Leo mumbled as he took out his phone and started to text away.

I looked around to see the amount of car pieces was scattered across the road along with blood. "Isn't the cops suppose to be here by now?" I asked.

"No," Kyle shook his head, "We have a clean up crew. Hop in, I'll take you back to the hospital," he offered as he opened the door.

I shook my head, "I don't feel like being in a car right now," I admitted.

"I know this must be hard for you to process Freya but I'm not going to let you walk in this rain," Leo spoke in a sincere tone.

"Leo," I sighed, "I know you mean well but I'm not in the mood. I will walk back to the hospital," I spoke in a firm tone.

I watched as he glared at me before picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder before shoving me into the backseat. I punched his back but he didn't budge. Oscar and Kyle both sat on each side of me so I couldn't exit the car.

Leo then got into the driver's seat and turned the car around before heading down the road we just came from. I looked down at my lap and found myself twirling the bracelet around my hand that Victor gave me. During the ride, no words were exchanged or looks. Everyone just stayed quiet trying to gather their thoughts and emotions.

About 2 hours past by and we were now back at the hospital. Oscar stepped out of the car allowing me to get out. I quickly thank him before he got back in and shut the door. Leo then got out and made his way in front me.

"I'm sorry you got dragged -"

"It's okay. I'm sorry I couldn't save him," I sniffed trying to hold in my tears. He quickly pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

"Freya, you have nothing to be sorry about and there was nothing you could do. Don't ever blame yourself or even doubt yourself for a second. Victor talked about you so much and he knew he messed up. Just know he loved you so much," he whispered. I hugged him back tightly and thanked him for everything.

We then pulled away and he gave me a small smile, "Promise you'll update me on everything."

He nodded his head, "You'll be the first," he promised.

We gave each other one last smile before I turned on my heels and walked into the hospital. As I walked through the lobby, the only sound that echoed through was my soaking wet clothes being squished around as if they were filled with water.

The front desk gave me a glare as I left a trail of water leading towards the elevator but I didn't care. I pushed the floor button and waiting as the elevator dinged open a few seconds later. I walked down the hall and towards the room before walking in.

"Freya!" my brother squealed in excitement as jumped off his bed and tackled me with a hug.

I wrapped him in a hug and along with letting out a heavy breath. "Are you okay?" I asked.

He hummed in response, "Are you?"

"Yes, but I need to tell you something," my voice broke.

Ethan pulled away from the hug and I saw the look of fear run through him. I shook my head, "No, we're safe now. It's over," I reassured him.

His eyebrow then rose, "Then the news can't be that bad," he spoke but it came out more as an unsure response.

"Ethan, Victor was shot," I blurted out.

I watched as Ethan studied me for a second before letting out a hysterical laugh as he shook his head, "You're really funny Freya. No one has ever been able to shoot Victor. He's untouchable."

I stayed quiet.

"Freya, you're kidding, right?" his voice started to crack as his eyes were filling up with tears. I pulled him into a hug and he burst out crying which then triggered me to cry.

"I tried to save him but there's nothing I could've done," I choked out through my tears.

Ethan just shook his head as he continued to cry even more. I stood there for half an hour in my soaking wet clothes hugging Ethan as we both morn the lost of Victor. Finally pulling apart, Ethan walked over to his bed and slipped on his hoodie.

"Victor was able to get the hospital to release me so we could head home," Ethan mumbled before walking to the bathroom and closing the door.

I hand wrapped around my from behind and I turned to see it was Kai with a sympathy smile on his face. "I'm sorry for your lost. I knew how much you loved him," he spoke in a soft tone.

I hugged him back and buried my face in his warm sweater. Kai just cradle me in his arms as if I was a child. Not long after, Ethan came out the bathroom with his phone in his hand.

"Leo said that they're going to head back home and wanted to know if we are heading back home as well. I said yes but we have our car. He then said that he got us two airplane tickets to go with them and he'll get the car transported back home. They'll be waiting outside the hospital for us," Ethan read off his phone before looking over to me.

I just awed in return as how Leo was so generous into buying us some tickets. I then turned to Kai and realized he wasn't going to be coming with us.

I opened my mouth to say something but he just cut me off.

"It's fine. I have to met up with someone but I will meet you there in the morning," he reassured me. I thanked him one last time for protecting Ethan and I during this whole chase. He returned the hug and planted a kiss on my forehead before him and Ethan hugged it out.

We then walked out the hospital and into Leo's car were Kyle and Oscar was in. I sat in the back with Ethan and Kyle as Oscar took the passenger seat. I thanked him all and offered to pay but they all quickly shut me down saying it was not a problem.

These guys were like angel sent from heaven. So kind and humble.

We drove to the airport in silence before pulling up to airport and I watched as Leo directly drove pass security without a problem and onto the airport runway. We then pulled up to a plane and I stared in shock as it was a private plane we were boarding.

We all walked up the steps and took a seat. The plan was hug and spacious. The interior was all white marble and the seats were so soft as comfortable. As we quickly took off, Ethan laid his head on my lap before I sat back in my seat. Within second, we both fell asleep.

About two hours later, I woke up from my sleep to set we were now landing. I woke Ethan up and we sat back in our seats as we waited for the plane to land.

My mind wondered off and I felt as if I had forgotten something. My eyes then widened as I remembered.

"We forgot Hazel!" I panicked almost jumping out my seat.

I watched as all the guys looked at me in confusion as they didn't know who Hazel was but Ethan on the other hand just burst out laughing. I turned to look at him to see he was reaching into his hoodie pocket pulling out Hazel who was now angrily chattering about how I forgot about him.

I let out a groan knowing he was never going to let this go. "Dude, you're here now so be thankful," I glared only for him to give 'bitch-please' look as he kept talking. "See, now I'm thinking we should of left you," I stated.

Hazel then turned to Ethan and chattered saying how I should have been the one who was left behind. Ethan looked at me for translation.

"He said that I should have been left behind," I translated only causing Ethan to laugh.

Hazel then chattered something to me causing my eyes to widened.

"If you shit in my bed I swear to God Hazel I will dunk you in the toilet," I threatened only causing up to hold his tiny arm off. Ethan burst into more laughter as he knew that was Hazel's attempt at sticking up the middle finger.

"Um...did that squirrel just flipped you off?" Oscar asked.

I turned to look at him before nodded a bit annoyed by Hazel. I looked at the rest of them to see they were astonished at what they were seeing. "Victor told us you had powers but he didn't mention you could speak to animals," Kyle admitted.

"Put it like this. She's mother nature," Ethan explained in the simplest form.

They all took a minute to process this information before nodding as if this was casual for them. I've never seen someone get over information like this so fast. I'm still baffled my parents had powers when they told Ethan and I.

The plane came to a stop and we were now getting off and into a car that was parked about 50 feet away. As we walked to the car, I looked around and took in a deep breath still processing that this chase was all over and we were now finally back home. The drive went by quiet but shortly ended once the car had pulled up into my driveway. Ethan and I thanked Leo, Kyle and Oscar for everything and the drive home. We said our goodbyes before walking up into the house.

"Can we just take the tree up?" Ethan as referring to the tree in the backyard.

I nodded my head, "Sure, I don't even have my key," I informed him as we walked around the house and to the backyard. I lowered the tree trunk and instead of standing on it as we always do, we just sat down. I then lifted us up and towards my window. Using my powers, I unlocked the window and bought us inside.

We hopped off the tree before it returned to it's original form. Closing my window, I turned around to see Ethan placing Hazel on the floor.

"I'm going to sleep. Catch you later?" he questioned.

I nodded my head with a smile, "Catch you later," I stated. He returned the smile as he walking out my room with Hazel by his side before closing my door. Looking around my room, I saw everything was left the way it was. Walking into my bathroom, I brushed my teeth then stripped from my soaking clothes before taking a hot shower.

I let the hot water soak me from head to toe. Passing over my bruises, it burned a little but I just didn't care anymore. I spent about an hour in the shower just buried in my thoughts and trying to still process what had happened. Flashbacks of the crash just replayed in my head over and over again. I could remember the smile he had on his face when he held a butterfly for the first time. He considered himself to be a bad person. He thought he would never be defined as someone who was good but he truly was good. Despite some of the events, he always tried to protect Ethan and I along with our parents.

Turning off the water, I got out the shower and dried myself before getting into warm clothes. I got into my bed and did the only I could do. Cry. I cried myself to sleep.

~~~

"May I ask why?" I questioned as I looked around the room at some of the guys.

Leo cleared his throat as if I had put him in a difficult position. "It's just for safety and traditional reasons," he replied not wanting to get into any further detail. I nodded my head in understanding.

It was currently 12 in the afternoon and Leo had invited Ethan and I over to the mansion to discuss something. Turns out this something is Victor's funeral. They're not having a viewing for Victor so they're skipping right over to his burial which is tomorrow. I found it weird but I know there are some traditions in which once the person dies, the next day they are buried.

A small smile rose on Leo's face, "Great, now that's out of the way. I have to tell you three more things. One being that in Victor's will, he wrote that you and Ethan will own this mansion along with the acres of land and sanctuary," he informed us.

My mouth dropped in shock and I looked over to Ethan who had the same look. Ethan then closed his mouth, "How is it possible that we're in his will? That's just beyond crazy," Ethan stated and I nodded my head fully agreeing with his accusation.

Chase nodded his head also understanding where we were coming from. "We were surprised too but it seemed like Victor knew things were spiraling out of control and just decided to add you guys," he explained.

"But doesn't that mean that you guys have to leave here. I know that you all lived here with him," I mumbled.

They all gave me a generous smile. "We have a different mansion a bit bigger than this one and further away," Chase added.

Ethan and I 'oh-ed' in response. "Then about the sanctuary, is it okay if I release all the snakes, the lion and sharks?" I asked.

They all nodded. "Yes, I will book the transport and we could all go together if you want?" Leo offered. I nodded my head with a smile, "Thank you."

"No problem. For the second thing, Victor signed off a check for both of you and said that this isn't a decline offer. It's already put into an account for you and Ethan so it's just the credit cards but the bank paper tells you the balance. You have to take it. There isn't not 'buts' or 'ifs'. He said he wants you and Ethan to spend it all on yourself and continue your education," Leo spoke as he passed me an envelope.

I looked back at the envelope then at the guys who gestured me to open it. I carefully ripped it open and pulled out two black cards. One with Ethan's name writing in silver and the other with my name in silver. I pulled out the bank statement and my eyes then widened as I saw the balance on the paper.

I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off.

"No," all the guys simultaneously said.

I passed the paper to Ethan and I watched as his eyes widened, "Are you kidding me? 3 million?" Ethan shrieked, "I mean, don't you think he was drunk when he worth this or something. No offense but still. I would have been fine with just a hundred thousand or even a hundred bucks," Ethan spoke baffled causing the guys to laugh.

"Right, well for the last thing, Victor managed to pull some strings and he got the teachers to write you off with a pass so you technically passed your classes. It didn't take much convincing since everyone is pretty much scared of him and worships the ground he walks on," Kyle chuckled.

Ethan and I sat there in silence not knowing how to react. Victor had done so much for us and there was no way for us to thank him.

Leo then leaned over to Chase, "I think we broke them," he whispered before Chase nodded.

Ethan and I quickly got up and tackled the guys with hugs as we were now crying. "Thank you so much," I whispered as I hugged them all. They just waved it off as if what they had told us was nothing to big. After a few more words were exchanged, they passed us the keys to the mansion before leaving. I looked over to Ethan who just gave me a cheesy smile before tackling me with a hug. I picked him up and spun him around. He let out a giggle and so did I.

I set him down on his two feet before giving me an innocent look. I knew we were both thinking the same thing. We quickly ran through the house and across the yard to the sanctuary. I unlocked the door before walking through a small room into another room. Ethan and I walked up to the gate to see the lion, Loki, eating his food. He stopped eating his food and growled before walking over to the locked door in front me.

"I don't know if you could talk or understand me since you didn't talk before but you're going to be in a better home soon and when I say home, I mean the wild. I'll try to introduce you into a new pack and they could be your new family. You don't deserve to be caged up," I spoke in a stern tone.

Loki just let out a little huff.

"I don't get it," Ethan stated, "You're suppose to be able to communicate with every living organism," he mumbled.

I nodded agreeing with him, "Same. I don't know if he'll attack me though because to get to the other sanctuary, we need to walk through his sanctuary."

As soon as I said that, Loki took a step back away from the door. "You do understand," I replied shock.

"Of course I do. I'm sorry I didn't talk before but when a Goddess herself is in front you, it's a bit intimidating," he spoke.

I quickly shook my head and opened the gate, "I never want you guys to feel that way. I'm just a friendly loving human just like everyone else," I stated as I walked in with Ethan trailing behind me.

"He's talking to you?" Ethan asked. "Yes. He says that he didn't talk last time because he felt intimidated," I translated.

I walked up to Loki and scratched his head only for him to purr. I let out a chuckle as he dropped to the floor and rolled over to his back. Ethan chuckled as he was now rubbing Loki's stomach. We sent the next few minutes talking along with explaining why he was being set free which made him more excited. We then moved on to the spine chilling snakes.

Walking into the snake sanctuary, I could hear the hissing echoing around the room. There were about 27 different snake tanks. I walked to the center of the room and looked around to see the snakes all looking towards me hissing.

"Quiet please!" I shouted in a gentle tone trying not to sound rude. Within an instance, they all quiet down.

"Thank you. Victor has passed away and has passed on the sanctuary to myself and my brother. I will be finding you guys a new home in the wild soon," I announced.

The room echoed with the most loudest hisses I've ever heard. It was as if they were all cheering. I walked over to the brown snake that Victor had said it was the King of it all. The snake stood up straight before bowing its head, "Thank you," it hissed out.

A smile rose to my face, "You're welcome," I replied before walking out the sanctuary and towards the sharks. I walked down the hall and up the stairs before unlocking the door. The top of the tank was already open and the lights were on.

I watched as three fins peeked out the water from across the tank. They got closer before the three sharks poked there heads out of the water.

"FREYA!!" they all screamed causing me to laugh.

"Guys, look. She bought her brother. Oh my gosh he's cute," Sharp voice came out like a squeal.

I let out a chuckle and turned to Ethan who just seemed lost. "This is Sharp. She is a girl and is very excited to see you. She said you're cute," I translated. Ethan's cheek turned red before he shot her a smirk, "What can I say," he shrugged, "I was born with the looks."

I rolled my eyes only for the four of them to laugh. I spent a few minutes explaining what happened before Ethan and I left to go home since our parents had a planned dinner for us as a reunion. All the animals were happy they were going to be free and I couldn't be more happier for them. I smiled and laughed today but deep down, I'm still screaming and crying.

Why did he have to go?

Why?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 12.6K 47
It was on the 500th century of hell that I saw my salvation. He had walked in with a devilish smirk and sharp features. He had walked into my hell...
136K 6.5K 36
When a young warrior-turned-spy finds a rare magic wielder her people thought extinct, she must make a decision: stay loyal to those she loves, or re...
214 38 13
Emily a seventeen years old girl lost her parents in an accident,but she was able to see them whenever she was in problems and danger...but she was t...
20.3K 188 6
Freya was just your typical normal girl, never really stood out in the crowd she kinda blinded in. But things were about to drastically change. It...