DIFFERENT [hs] |Complete|

By Steve-Rogers

|mature content| In the shadows lurk beasts that mankind are completely oblivious to. They blend in with soci... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two*
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven -Final-
| DYSTOPIA | h.s
n o t e

Nine

8.9K 302 24
By Steve-Rogers

Harry.

Living in constant fear was something I had to endure since the day I knew about this... new way of life. Where we're humans, but at the same time we're not. We still have the human factors, functioning organs and blood pumping through our veins, the physically features and making mistakes, obviously we're not perfect. But what separates us from that race is our true identity, through generations and millenniums our families were different.

Whilst every kid in school went to those outdoor excursions, camps, and did all these activities where their parents attended; I never had that. A child who missed conferences, a kid who barely went to school because he was troubled, a kid who was bullied for being the odd one out and not fitting in. I always knew I was different from the others, nobody had my view on the world.

Some thought that it's all the grass is green, the sky is blue, but that's just the pretty façade the world puts on to hide away how much of a fuck up everything is. It's the same with people, we pretend and eventually convince ourselves we're fine, running away from the reality and the truth. It's our way of life.

When I heard my father had left, packed his things and left for good, that was when I felt happiness. Freedom. Being concealed away, trying to raise me his way which was the wrong way. He's like the devil trying to persuade his followers that doing wrong is what would make them invincible, as humans or not. That the wrong way was in fact the right way to go. That's just a bullshit lie.

But now, seeing him standing opposite of me; that fear had returned. It was all too good to be true, he couldn't have just left without coming back, there's always a catch. Life is too good to be true.

"Excellent speech, really. And that conversation with Zayn? Bravo. I didn't think you had it in you, such emphasis," he laughed stepping forward. "You've grown up well."

There was silence throughout the Nemora. Nobody had moved an inch. He looked around as if he were expecting some sort of warm welcome or hand shake, but he was trash around us. I just wanted to snap his neck right here, right now.

"What are you doing here, Dave?" Michael's voice rang through my ears, he was besides me holding my jacket. He must've been in my head again, known what I was thinking.

Screw you, Michael.

"Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe my son is turning twenty-two in 4 months. I think we all know what that means. Yes?" I wanted to wipe that damn smirk off his face. One clean punch across his jaw, it's all I want. Just the satisfaction of it would calm me in the slightest way but for the longest time.

"Your brain will explode with those thoughts. Clear your head mate. Don't let him get to you, it's what he wants." Michael whispered so nobody would be able to hear us.

"Always did give good advice, Michael. Tell me, how's Tamara?"

There were gasps sounded, including mine. Besides me I felt Michael stiffen, I could hear his ragged breathing. It was he whom needed to clear his mind. "Don't. You. Dare." He muttered, teeth gritted and fists clenched.

"Oh come on! I know how much you want to tear me until I'm nothing but mushy flesh. Go on then Michael, give us your best shot."

"DAVE!"

Michael and I flinched at the sound. All the men and women cleared a path for a figure that kept his head held high. It was dark and hard to see who it was, but I knew, and I know my father knows exactly who it is. I looked over my shoulder at the man I once used to call Dad, I could've sworn I saw a slight fear of emotion spread through his features. I must've imagined it because right now he was just smiling.

"Ian, my good lad."

Everybody knew how much he hated Ian, how I favourited him over my own birth father. It was no secret, I hadn't bothered to conceal it. "What are you doing here? The real reason, Dave. Lies get you nowhere."

"Well-" he turned his head and spat at the ground, only inches away from my shoe. "I need more men."

"What happened those that left with you?"

"Dead. All of them." He replied, no remorse in his voice.

They were all dead?

"How?" Ian asked stepping even closer to him.

Dave shrugged, "Killed 'em all. Useless bastards they were, questioning and doubting my orders. You know I don't tolerate such obscurities, you of all people should know that, Ian. You never did accept such behaviour." His eyes rolled, "you're pathetic now. Lost you 'mojo'. You're a wimp now."

"Stop!" I didn't know whose voice it was until everybody looked at me. I hadn't noticed I had spoken. My mind's playing up with me and I didn't even know if what I said was a thought or a sound.

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused." I retorted. A few other gasps were sounded, but I wasn't afraid of this man. Okay, that's a lie, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction that his mere presence had me shivering. "You think you can just... just show up here, with no valid excuse and, and just-" I took a moment to breath. "You come back, after all these years to bring back memories we wish to forget. Are you proud of yourself, for what you... for what you did to Tamara. Did you enjoy that?"

"You know damn well, Son, that I didn't do that out of enjoyment. She was loyal and quite lovely, but her boyfriend," he looked at Michael with his eyes widened, "was a coward. I don't tolerate cowards, and he knew the consequences. He knew what would've happened."

"You're disgusting, and inhumane."

He threw his arms above his head and clapped. It was loud and annoying, echoing on beyond the plains. "It hasn't sunk in you has it? I do what is right, I follow my rules, and no matter who I have to betray I do what I know is right. Killing Tamara was right. And in order for it to not happen again, as a... warning let's say, everybody had to know. Everybody had to see.

"And it's worked! Has anybody broken that rule? Had anybody been undisciplined? I don't think so." He shared his glare between Michael and I. "If you want me to leave, I'll leave. But I'll be back. Just watch," he turned to the crowd. "You'll all be dead. Every single one of you!"

"Wait!" A voice from the crowd sounded. It was Damien. This wouldn't be good. "Sir, please. I knew all of this was a good idea. It was all Michael's fault." He points to him. I cautiously took a step so Michael was behind me, Dave can take his anger on me, Michael hadn't done anything wrong.

"And what's your name?"

"Damien Shire, Sir. Please, I beg you, let me join you away from these people."

Michael hadn't made a sound, his head was still bowed to the ground. I could almost feel his emotions, shame and guilt. It wasn't his fault. "Damien enough of this!" Ian spoke.

"Sir, please. Forgive me." He pleaded Dave.

"You want in?" Was all he asked. Damien fell to the ground, pleading on his knees in a desperate way.

"Of course, anything for the true Alpha." I wanted to scoff.

He smirked and looked around at us, in a taunting way. "You want forgiveness?"

"For God's sake, you're embarrassing the boy. Stop this, Dave!"

He ignored Ian and responded to only Damien's constant nodding. It was pathetic to watch. "Kiss my foot."

I started at Damien then back to Dave. "Don't." I spoke, both of them turning their heads to me. "I don't like you, and I know you don't like me but I need you to think about what you're agreeing to do right now. This man deserves no respect, he doesn't deserve your acknowledgment. You're smarter than this. Come on man!" I threw my hands up.

"You want in? Kiss my feet. Now." I turned away, not wanting to look. He didn't need to show my father any inferiority, he deserved nothing. There was a crunch and a loud grunt. "Don't turn around." Michael whispered holding my shoulders.

I swore I head a scream in the distance and the patter of feet, almost like they were running from something. "Sir, please no! I beg you! No! No! No please! My family! Think of my family!" A wailing scream was heard, so loud I pinched my eyes shut and tried so sound off the scream. A growl emitted and all sound was gone. Everything and everyone was quiet.

There were no crickets chirping, the wind was still and the leaves didn't quiver on the trees as they usually would. Everything was just... motionless.

Don't turn around, I heard. But this sound wasn't heard from my ears, this was in my head. I looked into Michael's green eyes. You are not to turn around, no matter what happens. Don't look. He was talking to me, with his mind? Yes, I'm talking to you. But this way nobody can hear what we're saying. I can hear what you're thinking, but I need you to clear your head and calm yourself.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, my muscles that were once tense relaxing. He's looking at you, but don't turn around, he said. I wanted to know what was happening, why he didn't want me to turn my head. A slight peak to know what had caused Damien to stop his screaming.

I need you to walk away, I need you to get out of here. We'll sort everything out, his eyes almost pleading me.

"No..." I whispered. His hand tightened on my shoulder, I placed mine over his and pulled away turning around. Then, I wish I hadn't. The brightest of all blue eyes were staring right at me from a distance of about two metres. The lightest colour but with such darkness and evil in them. Laying besides it, motionless, was Damien... or what was left of him. His limbs were severed, as well as his head, his torso was flung across the grassland and just everywhere was blood. Even in the dark you were able to see all the contents that lay on the ground.

I wanted to gag. I wanted to throw up. And I had a feeling I was about to. He was out of his mind, idiotic and foolish. Damien didn't deserve this, from what I knew he had a wife and a little girl. But they were helpless now, we couldn't do anything. We couldn't save them. Dave would go out and find them, he would find them, bring them here to see Damien's detached body and kill them.

I'll be back, Son. Don't you worry. Your time will come, and you will obey me. You just wait and see, it wasn't Michael who had said that. It was him. He'd gone in my head and played with my thoughts. The beast he had formed into let out a loud howl, staring at the sky and arching it's back. Owls hooted but that was all that responded. I'll be back for you, he said then turned away running off into the woods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 7.7K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...
24.4K 880 30
Harry styles is a highschool student. Hes popular, has tons of friends and is a ladies man but that's just the outside. On the inside, he's nobody. H...
526 32 15
*DISCLAIMER* I wrote this back when I was like 12 (and then went on a really long break and did the last couple chapters in 2015). This is IN NO WAY...
244K 5.5K 41
Werewolves and mate? What is going on. "What do you mean? Werewolves aren't real" Is all I manage to get out. All of the boys sighs. "That's not true...