DAWG

Oleh CreativelySOCIAL

Zayne Sanchez isn't the average "lady's man", he classifies himself as the most honest of them all: a DAWG. H... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note!
A Man's Public Announcement
One
Mama's Maybe, Daddy's Baby
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Another Piece of Me?
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fourteen (Part II)
Eyes, Wide SHUT
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
All Or Nothing
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
A Motherless Child
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Introducing... US
Thirty

Twenty-Seven

2.7K 90 125
Oleh CreativelySOCIAL

Twenty-Seven

Satisfaction consumed Zayne as he finally allowed himself to catch the first break that'd been offered to him in a span of two weeks. His life was moving at a lightning pace with him just focusing on school and his son. He didn't have much time for anyone else with the constant workload he found himself having to face. He didn't mind it because he knew he needed to shed a few false components that didn't make up the real him.

Buffalo Wild Wings was the move for the night with him and his boys needing to relieve themselves of everything and delve into 'guy time'. The powerful aroma of food wafted throughout the restaurant along with its bustling commotion from the many people scattered about. Zayne sighed with contentment flooding him as he pushed away the remnants of his half-eaten cheeseburger.

His green orbs were lowering as he rubbed a hand over his stomach. He glanced at his two friends whose expressions mirrored his. "I'm so tired, yo."Brian yawned, quickly covering his mouth with the back of his right hand. Zayne made no motion to speak as his eyes glided over the many televisions displaying highlights of past games just above their heads. "You're not the only one bro. School's been kicking my ass."Major added in while leaning forward to grab his tall glass of beer from the table.

Zayne tossed his left leg onto the booth, allowing his body to mesh comfortably into it. His long digits danced across the table as he fought an oncoming yawn. "I had two papers due and a speech to give today. I don't know why the fuck these professors think it's cool to assign everything on one damn day."He implied as he moved to toss an arm over the back of the booth.

The time that he was spending sitting around with his friends was the only time he'd had to kick back. He was going to take full advantage of this short interval of free time. "Hell yeah. They swear we don't have extracurricular activities."Major conveyed as he moved to put his glass back. He grabbed a wing from his plate and nearly swallowed it down with a frown following afterward. "The hell you get them hot ass things for?"Brian chuckled with a shake of his head.

Zayne chortled too while his eyes traipsed around the restaurant. He watched the many waitresses running rapidly with trays full of food. People seemed to be floating in and out of the doors in huge heaps. It was like witnessing a marathon as they constantly cleared off tables and reseated others.

"Nigga I just thought about what you said. Your extracurricular activities include partying and fucking."Brian uttered with another hint of laughter in his voice. Major shrugged his shoulders with a devious smile pulling at the creases of his lips. He wasn't ashamed and he let it be known to everyone on just about a daily basis. "Zay knows what I'm talking about though."Major retorted with ease. Zayne had been watching the stats from a previous game scroll across the television so that captured his attention.

He laughed, averting his gaze towards Major,"I haven't been doing a damn thing. All I've had time for is my kid and the books."That was the truth and it was a choice. Zayne knew that he could have easily made time for his sexual endeavors and parties but he had no need to. It wasn't a necessity or a want and it had never been actually. He was set on fully coming into himself and being the man that he knew he should be. He was committed to letting go of old practiced emotions and old habits that didn't benefit him. "So you ain't had none?"Major questioned as though he hadn't heard a word he'd said.

Brian rolled his eyes,"Ain't that what he just said?" Major glared at him and fixed his mouth to say something back but quickly decided against it. He then turned to Zayne, awaiting the answer to his query. "Nope."He shrugged nonchalantly,"And it ain't cause I don't want to either...it's.."Brian narrowed his hazel orbs at him with a smirk.

He moved closer to the table and pointed towards him,"That's cause Promise ain't the one offering it to you." The frown that was once on Major's face quickly diminished. His laughter filtered out into the air around them. Zayne grinned while trying to hide the little embarrassment that was making itself known in his demeanor. He couldn't even compel himself to lie. "I mean yeah that has something to do with it, but it's not even just that..."His voice tapered off while he began to rub the nape of his neck.

Zayne's eyes shifted between both Brian and Major. He could sense that they were going to latch onto his every word after he confessed. "I can't get my shit up. I mean I'm just fucking dead below the waist."He nearly flinched as the words seeped from his mouth almost inaudibly. He shut his eyes tight because he just knew they were about to go in on him.

Silence descended over them with a quickness.

It still felt loud to Zayne although they hadn't said a word. He willed himself to open his eyes and peer at them. Their lips were tight as their bodies convulsed from their dire need to laugh at him. "Okay, laugh it up, niggas."He ordered with a wave of his hand. "Mannn whatttt?!"Brian shouted as he nearly doubled over from laughing so hard. He leaned over with his mouth hanging open from his howling. Major's pressed his head into his forearms as he shielded himself away from Zayne's hard glare. His shoulders shook as he fought with himself to catch his breath.

Zayne rubbed a hand over his face as he sat listening to their continuous fit of laughter. His green orbs roamed the sports memorabilia hanging the walls. He had to look elsewhere just to drown them out. There were a couple of women smiling and waving at him as his eyes suddenly collided with their table. He didn't make any moves to acknowledge them, turning back to his table. It was then that Brian leaned himself upright. His chest heaved up and down while a smirk rested on his lips.

"Oh shit."Major spoke, fanning away the rest of his chuckles. Zayne huffed and allowed his head to fall back against the arm he had propped up on the top of the booth. "When did this start?"Brian inquired. Zayne heaved another deep sigh as he peered up at the ceiling."I went to see Promise and told her that I missed and loved her, but at the time she wasn't hearing me. So then I go to Isa's place because I'm suddenly all in my emotions. We're getting into and then next thing I know I'm suddenly soft. My shit wouldn't even twitch a little bit. I was embarrassed as hell. Nothing she did would arouse me."He had said it all in one breath because he had no intentions of repeating himself.

Brian chortled but quickly cleared his throat when Zayne pressed his body forward to seat himself back upwards. "First of all, you're in love with Promise?"Brian asked, staring a hole into his face. Major's hand sliced through the air,"I mean we're going to get to that, but how did girl react?" Zayne's fingers wrapped around his dampened glass, "She tried to be nice about it. Told me not to worry about it because she figured my head was somewhere else."

"I mean literally your head was somewhere else!"Major bellowed, chortling as he gripped his stomach. Zayne rolled his eyes and shifted in his seat. Brian tried to fight his urge to laugh with the smile on his face broadening. "I told you it was gonna be some shit when you fell in love with Promise though, but you didn't want to listen to me," Brian said, recalling when he'd told Zayne that very thing. He nodded his head in agreement. He was right the whole time.

"I knew you were lying that day when you came talking about how you just wanted to sex Promise. I saw it on your face nigga. Hell, I see it every time you look at her."Major mentioned with ease. Zayne peered at him with furrowed eyebrows. Was it really that obvious? Did he really wear his heart on his sleeve when it came to her?

"How did you know?"

"Because you were freaking the hell out that day. Walking around frustrated and then lashing out at her like that. I'm sitting there watching like this nigga is seriously mad because he's in love with this girl."

Zayne chuckled because he couldn't deny how much of an idiot he was that day. He still felt bad for doing Promise like that. She didn't deserve it or anything he'd done to her in the past. "I'm flat out in love with her though y'all. I can't fight it anymore. I'm tired and I want her, but now she playing with me and shit."He confessed. He found it to be easier every time he spoke of his feelings now.

Each day was better than the last just like his father told him.

"She got me going crazy. I'm trying to let her have her way, but if she keeps on playing then I'ma just tell her that she's mine and that's fucking that. I don't give a fuck about what Ryan or any other nigga saying in her ear. Everybody just better be the hell out of my way before it becomes a problem."Zayne added, rendering off all of the thoughts that'd been consuming him lately.

He didn't even realize he was rambling until his friends began to laugh at him again. Zayne's face smoothed into a small smile as he joined in. "Damn. Is it just me or do I sound crazy?"He questioned, staring down at the surface of the table. He leaned on his right opened palm and began to draw circles on the table with his left.

"You sound soft as fuck."Major uttered after taking a sip of his beer. Zayne glared and reached to retrieve the basket of fries that he had left over. He turned it sideways and flicked the cold fries in Major's direction. Major moved to the left but still couldn't dodge the food. His face contorted into a deep grimace as he brushed his hands over his face."Shut the hell up. Next time you gon' be wearing your beer home fool."Zayne threatened with a smirk. Brian chortled, pulling his hat down to sheath his hazel orbs,"Always talking shit..."

"Right, when this nigga spends all the time in the world with Nikita."

"That's my homie though. She ain't worried about me being her one and only and vice versa. Just cause y'all niggas bout ready to sign y'all lives away don't mean I'm caught up in the very same thing."

"Major you ain't shit so I stopped wondering about that a long time ago,"Brian muttered with his eyes now glued to his phone. Zayne took another sip of his drink prior to chortling. He returned his glass to its place on the table and placed his arms on the back of the booth once more. "Fuck you, Brian. At least I don't look like I'm permanently walking on my knees. Dwarf ass nigga."He shot back, a smile threatening to form on his lips.

Zayne couldn't help the tendency he had to laugh at that. "Damn B. He got you."He voiced. Brian looked genuinely mad as he rubbed his chin. "Shit, well at least I'm not the nigga walking around damn near sporting a thick ass unibrow like Helga from Hey Arnold. Thick ass eyebrows."Brian said just as he tucked his phone back into his pocket. Major's mouth fell open as he flipped him off. Zayne shook his head as he reached into his pocket to retrieve his phone.

It was on silent the whole time so he figured he might as well check it for any missed calls or texts. He slid his finger across the screen as he made note of the time - 8:30 PM. He continued to scan it but saw no traces of anyone trying to get into contact with him. Zayne began to laugh aloud again as he moved upright to place his phone back into his pocket. "Y'all stupid."He said with his greens orbs peering at their scowling visages. The small device barely reached his pocket before it began vibrating in his palm. He slid it on the table once more with it glowering at him a text from Promise.

Zay wants you to come tuck him in.

Zayne's face contorted into a grin, his dimples showcasing themselves. The simple text was just the thing he needed to get himself in Promise's space. He wanted to spend time with her, but he didn't know how to go about it. He figured that she would only turn him down now. He had been giving her space though because he knew she needed some. She needed time to miss him and realize that they, in fact, belonged together. He spent two more weeks without so much as a simple glance her way. He'd only made it a point to get Zayvion and be on his way every single time.

Okay, be there soon.

K.

I miss your face 😳...

He couldn't control his urge to tell her how not seeing her affected him. It was unintentionally done and now he couldn't take it back. He waited about three minutes before his phone vibrated against the surface of the table.

I'm cute!

More like the most beautiful woman I've ever seen...

Get here & stop trying to get in my panties🙄😒.

LMAO💀💀! You always think I got the worst intentions.

Zayne's smile only grew bigger as he chortled aloud. He knew that his friends were probably watching him as he eagerly typed into his phone. It was making his day just to text her back. It was the most action he had in a while.

Cause you do. Always up to something...

Well, not this time. I just want to be in your presence so I can take in how pretty you are.

Ew, stop being un-zayne-ish😩.

Tf type word is that?😂 😂How am I not being me?

Cause you just been saying stuff...

Can we talk about this "stuff" when I get there🤔?

"Damn, nigga that must be Promise."Brian laughed. Zayne glared at him as he set his phone back on the table. Major nodded his head in agreement. Zayne didn't deny it. He just shrugged his shoulders as he awaited Promise's response. "Oh and he ain't denying it either," Brian added on. Zayne rolled his eyes with a sigh,"So what, but Zay wants me over to tuck him in." Major glanced at Brian and then over at Zayne again. His face donned a knowing look,"You got other motives too."

"I sure do."

"The hell you plan to do?"

"Nothing, really. I just want to chill with her."Zayne answered just as his phone lit up, signaling that she finally responded. "Bet your shit come to life when you see Promise though."Major implied, laughter surging through him again. Zayne chuckled and flipped him off, "Shut up nigga." He grabbed his phone and pressed the side button to illuminate the screen.

No, cause then you're leaving and I'm going to sleep 🙃

Quit playing... bet I'ma keep you up tho 😉😏!

Boy, I think tf not! & don't wink at me.

You know you like it. Stop fronting.

BYE ✋🏼.

Zayne took that as the end of their conversation as he stuffed his phone down in his pocket. He retrieved a crisp twenty dollar bill and placed it down on the table. "Alright, y'all I'm about to head out."He stood to his feet and gave each of them a slap to their hands. "Be easy, bro...and all jokes aside, I'm proud of you for manning up and sharing how you feel about your girl," Major nodded at him. "Yeah what he said! And see you at the house, because we both know Promise gonna put your ass straight out," Brian said with a smirk. Zayne began to laugh sarcastically,"Don't wait up for me..." He then turned on his heels and began his trek to the exit.

------

Zayne leaned against the door with one arm resting on the threshold and the other hanging at his side. The wind tickled the back of his neck and forearms, making him shiver where he stood. The hum of the locks being unlatched sounded into the night air. He quickly straightened himself up before the door opened to reveal Promise. Her face held a small smile as her eyes freely roamed his frame. He wanted to speak on her obvious checking him out, but decided he wouldn't say anything. He didn't mind it. "You gon' let me in or..."He allowed his query to linger in the air as she continued to trail him with her eyes.

She chuckled uneasily once her green-blue orbs came into contact with his face. She quickly stepped aside and allowed him entry. He saw the faint blush tinting her cheeks once he got inside. She was embarrassed but it looked cute on her. "Zay's in the bathroom. I'm about to get him out of the bath."She said. Zayne nodded his head as he made note of the bright blue towel sitting on her shoulder. "I'm just in time then."He replied coolly. Her golden blonde curls bounced as she moved to take another glance at him. He only smiled at her and motioned for her to lead the way to the bathroom. She turned on her heels and traipsed down the hallway.

He took the time to admire the black crop top and baggy gray sweatpants she was wearing. The obvious comfort clothing made her more attractive. His eyes glided over the small indention that stretched across the bottom of her lower back. His tongue crept out of his mouth and slipped over his bottom lip. He bit it as his orbs continuously crawled over her rich golden skin. He hadn't noticed that she'd stopped walking until his front collided with her back. His instincts made him clutch her waist. He'd stopped her from falling. "Sorry, didn't realize you stopped walking."He said it lowly, just short of a whisper.

Promise glanced up at him with her curls nearly falling into her eyes from the way she held her head. Zayne's fingers had a mind of their own as they splayed over the skin of her lower stomach. Her body melted into his as her muscles involuntarily clenched at his touch. He knew how much she'd always like that – how much it always turned her on. She suddenly peeled his hands away from her as the sound of their son's laughter and splashing water came into view. "I swear I have to watch you."She glared at him. Zayne couldn't hide his devious grin as he peered down at her. "Indeed you do, love."

The bathroom wasn't even a foot away, but she made it her business to put an adamant amount of space between them. He decided he wouldn't try anything again for the moment. He was going to wait until later when he got her alone since that always worked to his advantage. "You're in here getting water all over the place!"Promise exclaimed with a jovial grin. They both entered the bathroom to find their son having himself a blast with a few of his toys spread throughout the water.

Zayne took it upon himself to pull the towel off of Promise's shoulder. She stared at him with questioning eyes, obviously wondering what he was up to. "I'll take over. You can go do whatever or stay if you want."He offered. She folded her arms and backed up against the sink.

"Daddy!"Zayvion screamed cheerfully. Zayne smirked and headed towards the tub. He peered down at his son before ruffling his wet hair. "You in here getting all clean, man?"He questioned. Little Zay nodded while handing a toy boat to him. He took the toy and began to play around in the water with him. He swore he could feel Promise's eyes roaming his profile. "He's been in there forever. Has the water gotten cold yet?"She asked. Zayne placed a hand in the water and began to shake his head. "Nah, it's still warm."

Little Zay went on to tell him about all the toys that he had in the tub with him. Zayne found himself chuckling at his son. "Daddy, did you know that the sky is the color blue?"He suddenly queried. Zayne nodded. It made him smile to see that his son was starting to pick up on things like his colors. "So then what color is this Zay?"He asked as he held up his toy boat. Zayvion rubbed at his chin with water trickling down his forearm. "I dunno."He shrugged, not even a second later.

"This is red."

"Red?"

"Yes, now do you know what color this is?"Zayne inquired while pointing at the porcelain of the tub. He nodded his head happily with his smile brightening on his face. "White!"He exclaimed. Zayne's face lit up as he placed his opened palm out to his son,"High five man. You got it." They both laughed as they celebrated his small victory. "Come on Zay. You have to get out now. It's getting a little late."Promise said, interrupting their bit of fun. Little Zay pouted, "Okay mommy." Zayne chortled at the face he made as he stood to his feet.

He wrapped the towel around his son as he grasped him out of the water. He swiftly sat him on the tiled floor and began drying him off. Zayvion made noises and laughed as he shook around in his father's arms. "You are too silly."Promise giggled, watching the two of them. Zayne pulled the towel from his son's face to find him staring at him with bright green irises.

"Mommy do you love daddy?"His question was so abrupt that Zayne couldn't hide the surprise in his features. Zayne glanced over at Promise who too looked taken aback. She peered at him but then averted her gaze to their son. For some reason unbeknownst to Zayne, he found himself laughing. "You love your daddy, don't you?"She asked with her arms planted on her hips.

"Yes."

"So because you love your daddy, I should too?"

Little Zay made eye contact with his father before allowing his eyes to shift towards his mother. "Yes, mommy."He nodded his head cheekily. Zayne began to chortle once more as he helped his son into his pajamas. Promise began to shake her head with a sigh. She rubbed her face, trying to hide any remnants of a forming smile. "Daddy do you love mommy?"He queried. Zayne already suspected it was coming so his answer came with ease. "Yes, very much son." He knew his answer shouldn't have come as a surprise after his confession to her. "Yay!"Zayvion cheered. He high fived his dad with a smile.

"Your mommy's the best, right?"

"Yeah."

"So then one day you're gonna have to find someone just like her."

"I do?"

"Mhm, but it'll be hard. Your mommy's hard to beat."

"That's why we love her, right daddy?"

"That's right."He nodded his head while peering down at his son. Satisfied with his father's answer, he made it his mission to run full speed out of the bathroom. Zayne reclaimed his normal stature as he stood up from his kneeling position. He tossed the damp towel into the hamper and began to amble across the floor. His trek was short lived when he came face to face with Promise.

"You put him up to that, didn't you?"She asked with her arms folded over her breast. Zayne grinned and began to shake his head. He was innocent that time around, but still, she blamed him for their son's sudden curiosity. "No. That was all him."He shrugged. She narrowed her eyes at him. Zayne laughed at the face she was making.

"Did you not just see me walk into this bathroom at the same time you did? Or did you miss that?"He queried once his chuckles had subsided. "You guys spend a lot of time together so you could have been told him to do that."She responded, still scanning his face for any signs of deception. He licked his lips as he stared into her eyes. "You're being ridiculous right now Promise."He told her. She furrowed an eyebrow,"Mhm. Well, I still don't believe you."

"He's not blind. I'm pretty sure he can tell there's something between us."

"Yeah right."

"You know we're not good at hiding it...so stop acting like you don't know if you want me anymore because you do."

He smiled at her again as he gently moved her body to the side since she was blocking him from leaving the bathroom. He heard her sigh as he neared his son's bedroom. He found him already sprawled out in the middle of his toddler bed, rubbing his eyes. Zayne chuckled at him because just a few minutes ago he seemed to have so much energy. Little Zay's eyes were only opened to thin slits as he glanced up at him. "You want me to tuck you in, but you already half asleep."Zayne grinned at him.

He yawned,"Sorry daddy." Zayne chortled before pulling his covers back and helping him underneath them. He tucked the covers at his side and leaned down to kiss his forehead. "Love you,"Zayvion mumbled, his voice thick with oncoming slumber. "Love you too."He instantly replied. Little Zay snuggled into his pillow with a small smile, obviously content with the end of his day.

------

After making sure that their son had fallen asleep, he ambled into the darkened hallway. The only light visible was the light cascading from underneath Promise's door. He could have easily gone home but decided that he was going to follow his set plan. He wanted some time with her and he was determined to get it. Her door was unlocked just as he suspected it would be. He heard soft music coming from the bathroom as he entered her room. He glanced around the room, stopping short of her barely slept in bed. Her balcony was open as usual because she always liked the freshness of the air to linger in her room.

He sauntered across the floor and decided to make himself comfortable on the bed. He decided against removing any clothing for fear that she might think he was getting ideas. He really did just want to sit and talk to her about whatever came up. He seated himself up against the headboard of her bed and then moved to the left to retrieve the remote control that she had sitting on her pillow. He flipped through the channels with his right hand while the other rested behind his head. He opted for some horror movie playing on HBO before throwing the remote somewhere on the bed.

It had been all of ten minutes before she sauntered out of the bathroom with a mist of steam trailing behind her. She was clad in a black sports bra and thin red cotton shorts that stopped just before her behind. "You ain't got on enough clothes for nothing."Zayne uttered, his green irises trailing over her smooth thighs.

He could tell that his voice startled her by the way she jumped. She wrung out the rest of her hair with her towel and headed towards her mirror for a hair tie. "Why did I think you were going to go home and leave peacefully?"She questioned sarcastically. She pulled her hair into a messy bun atop her head and turned on her heels. She leaned up against her dresser with her arms placed on either sides of her frame.

"I told you I wasn't."

"I don't have time for you right now, Zayne."

He wasn't going to let her bother him and make him want to leave. It was obvious to him that was her aim."It don't look like you have much to do to me."He shrugged with his eyes on her face. She rolled her eyes and headed over towards the light, switching it off. The glare of the luminous moon instantly spilled into the room from the opened balcony.

Promise then slowly stalked towards the bed. "Fine if you want to stay...then stay." She climbed on the other side and proceeded to lay in the opposite direction so she wasn't facing him. "You're going to lay there and ignore me?"He questioned. Silence had fallen over the two with only the sound of the TV invading the air. Zayne turned on his side and stared at her back, "I know you ain't sleep."

Promise sighed out of frustration and turned on her side to face him. He smiled at her as her orbs collided with his. "Why must you continue to bother me?"She asked with her eyes roaming his face. He smiled at her and reached out to pull on a strand of her hair that fell against her cheek,"Because I miss you and I just want to be near you." She stared at him blankly, propping her head up on a pillow. "What did I tell you about saying stuff like that?"She questioned with a sigh.

He slid his hand over her cheek, rubbing softly,"That it's not me, but it is. If it was possible I would open myself up and show you how fast my heart always beats out of my chest, skipping beats and shit."Zayne chuckled, "I mean I'd even show you how all of my thoughts always end up being about you. I'm always thinking about you."Promise stared at him before burying her face in her pillow. He grabbed it and pulled it so that he could see her face. She was trying to hide the small smile gracing her lips. "Is that a smile?"He asked.

"Move."She swatted him away playfully and turned in the opposite direction. He chortled and rolled on his back so that she could have her little moment. He stared up at the ceiling as a brief juncture of quietude fell over them. Zayne heard no movement from her so he figured she'd already fallen into a light slumber. He inched closer to her and allowed his digits to crawl up the indention of her back. She jumped before sighing, "So are we playing the question game?" Zayne smirked to himself as he moved a bit closer to her. His body aligned hers perfectly, but he still didn't allow himself to completely mesh with her. "I guess, you can ask me whatever and I'll answer honestly."He replied with his fingers still strumming on her back.

"What did you do today?"Promise grasped his hand in hers, ceasing his movement. She turned back over and laid there looking at him. Zayne moved further away, figuring that she didn't want him all over her. He repositioned himself at the head of the bed with his hands behind his head and feet crossed at the ankle.

She surprised him when she crawled over and positioned her head in his lap. His lips contorted into a smile,"Making yourself comfortable I see." She rolled her eyes and rubbed her hands over her stomach with her eyes never leaving his. "Nah, I just want to see your face whenever you answer a question. I can't see you if you're all the way over here."She responded with a shrug of. Zayne smacked his lips because he didn't believe a word she was saying.

It was then that thunder sounded around the room followed by a big display of lightning. Promise jumped, wrapping her arms around his waist. Her eyes were shut tightly as she buried her face into his t-shirt. The sudden harsh pummeling of the rain came down hard against the ceiling. Another session of lightning illuminated the room shortly after. "I didn't know you were afraid of storms," Zayne said, his voice low.

She finally willed herself to unravel her arms from his waist, "I'm not, but that just scared the hell out of me." She rolled back into her original position with her head nestled in his lap. Zayne stared into the onyx atmosphere, watching the rain cascade over the balcony in thick sheets. "You never answered my first question."Promise informed him, her green-blue orbs raiding his visage. He peeled his eyes away from the night sky to look down at her. The lightning clashing against her skin made her orbs seem to glower as she awaited his response. "What was it again?"He inquired.

"What did you do today?"

"Finish two papers, give a speech, went out to eat with my boys, and now I'm here."

"Sounds like a busy day."

"It was, but I want to know about you. I feel like there are things about you I still don't know... I mean really simple things, like what's your favorite color? What was your childhood like?"

Promise placed a hand on her abdomen with the other stretched lazily at her side. She peered at the ceiling with a tranquil look coating her countenance. "Green, like the color of you and Zayvion's eyes."She whispered softly. A grin tugged at the creases of his lips, but he decided against saying anything. He wanted her to finish her answer with no interruptions.

"My childhood was pretty ordinary for the most part. We moved around from time to time so I didn't get to make many friends. My mother threw me into dance classes at an early age and I never objected to it, because I loved it. So in a way, it was my first friend and first love. I didn't start meeting people until my first year at UCLA." She sighed and continued to stare at the ceiling,"I mean I don't have a sob story for a life. No offense, but I didn't really experience any form of hardship until college."

"It's understandable, not everyone's life sounds like the script from a predictable ass storyline."He said, hinting at his own. Promise shut her eyes as she began to giggle underneath her breath. It made him grin that much more to hear her laughing at his expense. It'd been so long since they just sat in each others presence comfortably. "What are your three weaknesses?"Her question caught him off guard, but still, he didn't have to think about it.

He couldn't believe she hadn't figured that out yet, and it made him wonder how she could force herself to be so blind. "You, you, and you. Next question."He replied quickly. She narrowed her eyes at him while pinching his side. He jumped and grabbed her hand. He squeezed her fingers in his,"That's my answer. It should be obvious actually and no I'm not changing it so deal with it." Promise playfully pouted as she continued peering at him. "What you want me to say? Something about not expressing my feelings, how my mommy issues just hurt my soul to no ends, and that the girl I love won't give me the time of day."He smirked at her with jovial irises.

"Okay, now you're just being a smart ass."

"I told you, but you didn't want to accept my answer. I mean I'm a work in progress, but I'm trying to make myself better with each day."

She sighed while sheathing her eyes away from his with the back of her forearm. "What's the most courageous thing you've ever done?"She queried. Zayne rubbed a hand over his modest facial hair as he allowed the question to sink in. He melted into the pillows surrounding his body while he did a quick overview of his life. "Any day now."Her hand pulled at his arm, her impatience obvious. Her fingers danced over his skin which in turn made him glare down at her. "I'm thinking, be patient."He ordered.

"Just a second ago you didn't have to think about anything."

He rolled his eyes in a playful manner,"It was telling you I loved you."She seemed surprised at his answer as her eyes grew wider. He chuckled while he reached out to stroke her hair. If the light was on in the room then he was sure he would be able to see her blushing. "Would you stop doing that?"Her voice came out low and whisper like. He furrowed an eyebrow because he was starting to believe his answers were exciting her. She crossed one leg over the other, squeezing them together tightly. "It's not my fault you keep asking things that eventually lead up to you."

"Whatever. I know what you're trying to do."She pointed at him. Zayne began to shake his head at her need to accuse him of anything. "What am I trying to do Promise?"His hands were still combing through her scalp. She licked her lips, biting the bottom one,"Trying to get some." Zayne couldn't contain his laughter.

Promise soon joined in, giggling underneath her breath. "I'm not here for that, but trust me if I were you would've been hurting by now because I'd be bending you every way I could think of."His eyes lowered into thin slits while he openly gazed at her. Her face mirrored his as she giggled while she clasped her legs tighter together. Zayne chortled, slowly running his fingers down her thighs. "What's this about?"He lightly tapped them.

"Okay woo! Moving along."

"You're sad Promise. Am I turning you on?"

Zayne's teasing smile broadened at the body language she was displaying. It almost set something off in him to see her obvious squirming. His only goal was to make love to her mind and he was certain that it could be done without touching her. It was going to be hard to keep his hormones under control, but he wanted to see if they had that kind of chemistry between them. He knew his query would go unanswered so he didn't even bother to repeat himself.

"What makes your life worthwhile?"She finally inquired after laying in a few minutes of quietude. "Watching our son grow and learn something new every day. What about you?"He traced a hand over her forehead before fully untying her hair from the bun she had it in. Her messy mane sprouted wildly atop her head and he swore she could look no more beautiful to him.

The humming of the rain echoed into the background, playing as a soft melody. He watched her as she laid in his lap soundlessly. "Same thing," She said softly. Promise opened her eyes and stared at him with something that he couldn't decipher. "What were your papers about?"He could see her need to try and keep their conversation innocent.

"The first one was for one of my business classes with a full business plan included. The next one was for our relationship class about what it means to make love to someone's mind. I had to reword a couple things before I turned it in."He retorted calmly. Promise furrowed an eyebrow with curiosity rising in her visage. It was evident to Zayne that he had piqued her interest once again.

"First of all, that paper for our class was due right before class the other day..."

He smirked,"I know, but I asked for an extension... it took me awhile to get started, but once I did it took off."

"Mhmm, I guess, but what does making love to the mind mean exactly? And do you believe it's possible?"

"I think it means to find that chemistry with someone without so much as a touch. It's all about words and the flow of a conversation, and yeah I think it's possible."

"Have you ever done it with anyone?"

"I'm attempting to right now as we speak."

"Is it always innocent or is it meant to be sexual?"

"I think it can be for either. It could be all about someone's level of intellect that turns a person on, you know by someone showcasing how much they know about something. Maybe, even something as simple as expressing feelings."

"What about the whole sexual part of it?"Promise moved herself a bit closer to him. Her face gently meshed against his t-shirt. He smirked down at her knowingly. He had a feeling that she wanted to see if he could arouse her with words. "Why are you so interested?"He queried with that same look still etched on his face. He poked at her side to get her attention. She jumped and grasped his hand to stop his miniature attack on her. "Because I just am so answer the question."She ordered. He sighed because he knew he was going to give in to her anyway. "It's possible to use it to turn someone on. I mean if that's what someone aims to do."He answered.

"Hmm? I bet you can't even do it."

He laughed,"What do you think I've been doing this whole time? I answered a couple of questions and your little ass got turned on."Promise waved him off before sighing heavily. "Ain't nobody turned on."Her breaths tickled his lower stomach as she still lay up against him. Now, she was challenging him. He already knew how she worked so he didn't think it would take much of anything to get her right.

Zayne leaned his body further back against the pile of pillows that sat behind him. A grin gradually danced across Promise's face. "Is that a challenge?"He knew his eyes were smiling at her as he scrutinized her face. She nodded her head,"Yeah, because I don't really think you know much about this making love to the mind."

"I do and I don't think you can handle it. You already could barely hold yourself together from a couple of the things I had to say earlier. I know if it gets sexual you're gonna be a puddle baby girl."

She laughed with a shake of her head. He too thought it was funny that she really wanted to test him on his logic. "Yeah, okay."She huffed, her giggles subsiding some. He folded his arms behind his head as he latched his eyes onto the ceiling. "I'm serious though. I don't have to use my hands, words are just as powerful. I can make you feel just as good without touching you."Promise suddenly turned on her side and wrapped her arms around his middle, shivers evidently passing through her body.

"See, you're already getting started now."He teased. "The air made me cold and you were the closest thing to me."She responded, turning back so that she could lay her head in his lap. He didn't say anything else because he knew that she was telling the truth. The wind was a bit chilly as it seeped into the room.

It had grown quiet between the two of them again. Neither of them bothered to say a word. It was just comforting to lay there with one another. The urge to speak flurried up inside of Zayne again. He thought that moment was perfect to tell her just what she did to him – what being with her was like. He only hoped it brought him closer to actually having her be his officially with everything that meant they were committed to each other. "Do you know what it feels like just to kiss you?"He questioned with his gaze focused on her again. She didn't allow his searing gaze to make her look away.

He knew he had all of her attention then.

"What does it feel like?"

Satisfied with her question in return, he began tracing her bottom lip with his thumb."It feels hot and it melts my insides each and every time. It awakens everything on my body...makes me alert and feign for you. It's like an unquenchable thirst, that I can barely control and the only thing that can stop it is to taste you."He rendered. He pulled his hand away from her lips and seated himself upright. Promise looked taken aback by his words. Her eyes lowered and he knew she hadn't been expecting it. He smirked at her. It wasn't going to be hard to prove to her what he could do – what he would do.

"Really?"She closed her eyes. Zayne nodded his head as though she could see him. He was going to take her into another world. "Mhm. It feels even better when you let me hold you. You know how much I miss that?"He watched her while she remained unmoving. The heat radiating from his body seemed to heighten as he fixed his mouth to keep talking to her. He knew she wouldn't answer him because she wanted to feel it almost as bad as he did. "When I see you I have to keep myself from pushing you up against whatever is nearest and taking you right there. It's almost like I have to touch you."He uttered lowly.

"Your skin makes me want to have my way with you, never let you out of my sight. Attach myself to you as if we were one body...and I do want to be one with you Promise, but only if you let me that is..."His voice tapered off. Promise sighed as she took in his words. The rain was still cascading out of the darkened night sky. It made the atmosphere around them feel that much more intimate.

"Seeing you every other day kills me because I can't do with you what I want, be with you the way that I want to."He openly confessed. Her eyes glowered as she swept a couple of her curls away from her face. "What do you want to do?"She whispered after getting herself comfortable again. Her eyes were questioning as she attempted to pick him apart. Zayne felt no reason to hold back. No inhibitions. He was going strictly off of his instincts that he had to make her understand just how deep it was.

He dragged a single digit against her stomach and she shuddered. He grinned because he knew he was getting to her. "I want to kiss every inch of your frame and tell you why I love each part."He said, his finger still drawing circles on her skin. "I want you to feel every stroke of my tongue as I devour your body of its natural sweet aroma, savoring you."He spoke quietly. Her breath hitched in her throat with her abdomen caving in a little. "Then I want to be inside of you, make you cry with the way that I stroke you as deep as your body will allow."He told her. His eyes made note of the way her bottom lip tucked underneath her teeth. He knew she was just imagining it while he was talking. "Can you feel me, love?"He whispered.

Promise began to writhe against him, moving her legs against themselves. Zayne couldn't deny himself that it was turning him on too. He knew it wouldn't be long before his body had its natural reaction. "I want you to tell me how you want it because your wish is my command and I want you to be more than satisfied."His baritone still sounded husky as the words spewed from his lips. Promise opened her eyes and quickly moved to sit up.

She looked intoxicated as the lust permeated her. "Okay, you have to stop." She sighed, breathlessly. She crawled into the middle of the bed and sat crossed legged. Zayne eased up behind her and pushed her hair around to the front of her face to expose the nape of her neck. "Why? Are you wet?"He chortled teasingly. He gently gripped her neck and leaned in to inhale her scent.

Her body molded into his as she sat pressed up against him."You don't have to answer. I know you are."He continued taunting her. She had her hands on either sides of her, daring herself not to touch him. "It's throbbing..."He messed with her relentlessly. He was enjoying watching her get so worked up and he hadn't even laid anything more than a finger on her.

She grunted with a small hiss,"Shut up!" His chuckles echoed through the air as he laughed at her expense. "Mhm. I told you not to ask for it, but you did and now you're upset because your pussy is pulsating."He blurted it out bluntly, with no signs of remorse. "Zayneee..."She whined and half moaned at the same time.

"You begging for it now?"He questioned with a furrowed eyebrow. She glared at him out of her peripheral view. "I want you to be quiet."She demanded faintly. Zayne knew that he won then. He smiled as he pulled her closer to him. "I'd fix it, but you ain't getting no more of this until you give in."He laughed in her ear. She giggled lowly,"Whatever I can get it elsewhere."

Zayne grabbed her waist and held her there possessively. "I wish you would. Get one of these dudes shot out here and besides ain't nobody gon' give it to you like me."His confidence was high as he spoke. Promise gripped his hand and attempted to free herself of his embrace. He tightened his grip and slowly kissed the side of her neck,"I can't wait much longer Promise...so hurry up and stop making me suffer." Her body melted into his more. She slowly eased herself out his tight hold and Zayne allowed her to that time.

------

The next morning came around flaunting the lustrous glow of the sun and the chirping of birds. A breeze whisked in quietly through the balcony that had yet to be closed. Zayne stirred in his sleep before opening his eyes into thin slits. He quickly sat up and rubbed his face. He tried to fight off an oncoming yawn as he sheathed his mouth with the back of his hand. He scrutinized the room, shifting his eyes over everything to get a feel of where he was. It didn't dawn on him that he was still with Promise until his eyes slid over her frame nestled underneath the blankets. Her golden mane peeked at him from the way in which she buried herself so deep into the bed.

He chuckled as he moved across the bed to get a good glimpse of her. He gently pulled the sheets back and peered at her. He watched her long eyelashes flutter over each of her cheeks. Her naturally pouty pink lips looked supple and ready to kiss, but he decided against. He settled for her forehead instead, grazing it with a light peck. Her eyes instantly shot open and she buried her face in her pillow.

"Good morning to you too," Zayne smirked, scooting himself back to his side of the bed. "Morning."She responded as she turned over. She peered at the ceiling with orbs that were barely open. "Sleep well?" He asked as he recalled imagery from their night. Nothing had happened, but it was getting to talk to her for the majority of the night that made him feel so good. His tranquil aura was prominent for someone that wasn't always at ease in the mornings.

"Yeah, did you?"

"Of course...I got to spend the night with you."He replied with a faint grin. She turned on her side and looked at him. Her eyes bore into his visage as though she were looking for something. She probably couldn't believe that he had no intentions of touching her last night. It was crazy to him too, but that didn't mean he wasn't aroused by it all. He was and it had been hell on him to conceal it.

"I want to go on a date."Her outspoken request made him shift his eyes towards her. "Well, you got dudes following behind you on a daily. Call one of them up."He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. She glared at him through slender slits before tossing a pillow at his face. His mouth fell open as it came crashing into the side of his head. He quickly flung the pillow back at her, hitting her with it. She scowled at him,"I was talking about with you.."

"I know, I was just playing."

"So are you going to do anything to make it happen?"

"I've never been on a date though, but I'll see what I can do for you."He shrugged his shoulders again. He could see the bright smile a mile away as he caught sight of her side profile. He chortled to himself as he moved and tossed his legs over the side of the bed. He pulled at his jeans that were hanging lowly off of his waist. He rubbed a hand over his stomach as he ambled across the floor towards his shoes.

"I'm about to head out. I know Zay will be up in a little while so just tell him I'll see him later."He tossed over his shoulder as he pulled his shoes on. "Okay."She mumbled lowly. Zayne then patted down his pockets, checking for his phone and keys. "They're over here."Promise informed him, pointing at the small table that she had right next to her bedside.

He grabbed his phone and stuffed it in his pocket. He dangled his keys in hands, his eyes watching Promise's face. She peered back at him with nothing on her face displaying how she was feeling. "I guess, I'll see you this weekend or..."He trailed off, giving her time to answer. She began to shake her head to rid herself of whatever was consuming her mind. "Yeah, this weekend."She uttered quickly, wearing her embarrassment on her cheeks.

Zayne sauntered near the bed, stopping just short of her as she laid with her head propped up on her hands. He cupped her face and ran his fingers over her cheeks. He couldn't help the impulse he had to touch her before he left. Her eyes shut as she allowed him to gently caress her. She looked like she was expecting a kiss. "See you later, beautiful."He voiced lowly, leaning back up with a smirk on his face. She threw another pillow at him just before he moved to leave the room.

Zayne made it up in his mind that she was going to give in sooner than she thought. If she denied him and told him that her feelings had gone away, he wouldn't believe her. He could see it in the way her body moved – the way she responded to his words and touch – no matter how much she tried to mask it.

He wasn't the only one experiencing a state of missing.
______________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Anyone excited for this date coming up?

Don't forget to vote and share this with someone else!

Also thanks for the constant support, and all of the new follows I've been getting! I see you and I appreciate you all!

-Nikki💙

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

32.6K 1.6K 39
Mentor: NOUN An experienced and trusted advisor. VERB To advise or train; especially someone younger or less experienced) It's been two years, two w...
834K 24.7K 29
"When you've the nerve to name me a womanizer, I won't hesitate to call you something inappropriate. Darling, clear it now, am I a womanizer or are y...
1.4K 115 16
She is an easy going girl, with a thoughtful heart and mind. With many limits, she makes the best out of things. She enjoys the little things yet, sc...
47.3K 1.1K 43
Love is a bond that can untangle all the knots. Love is a feeling that can heal the pain that has existed for years in someone's heart. Love is a suc...