Powers to Spare

By Freed_Spirit

I have power. A lot of it. I can't control half of them and the ones that I can control are practically usele... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Prolouge

1.4K 34 2
By Freed_Spirit

SIX YEARS AGO (RIGHT AFTER THE WAR WITH LOKI)

Third Person POV

The woman was looking at the child one last time, memorizing her beautiful features. The child has beautiful dirty blonde, straight hair with blue eyes that could hold your attention for hours at a time.

The woman was brushing away a lock of hair from the child's face. She placed a small piece of paper on the child's torso hoping that the baby girl wouldn't toss and turn too much so that the people would be able to find it.

She rang the doorbell five times very quickly and than ran from the door as fast as she could.

Steve Rodger's (aka Captain America) POV

I hear the doorbell ring 5 times. It was rung in a frantic, you need to answer this, type of ring. I got out of bed, a bit drowsy since it was 3 in the morning. I grab my shield just in case, and then I walk to the elevator and press the ground floor button.

The elevator ride takes me a little over 1 minute since I was on the 30th floor. I can't wait to get to the door to see the person that is so anxious and odd to come at 3 in the morning.

I finally get to the door and open it. No one is there. I look around to see if someone is hiding or running away. I guess it was just some teenager that had to do it as part of a dare.

As I am about close the door, I hear a little cry, like a cry from a baby. I look down to see a baby girl in a basket. The girl was beautiful, even in the dim light.

"JARVIS turn the lights on." I tell JARVIS. JARVIS did as I requested. I see a note laying on the child's torso. I pick up the basket with the child in it and decide to bring her inside. As I walk into the elevator, I grab the note and start reading it. It said:

This little girl is named Rose. She has no last name, please decide a new one for her. She is one year old and was born October 7, 2014.

Her dad died the day after she was born in a severe car crash as he was driving back from McDonalds towards the hospital. Her mother died 2 days ago. The cause of her death is unknown.

Please take care of her! I'm begging you!

After I read that, I immediately tell JARVIS to wake Tony and Bruce and tell them to meet me in the lounge room. We have to do something about this. What will we do with the girl?

"What do you want Steve?!?!" Tony groggily yells at me as he enters the lounge room.

"Why did you wake us so early in the morning?" Bruce says with a slight undertone of anger

"Umm....Well...." I say trying to think of the best way to say this

"What!?!?!?!" They say in unison

All of a sudden the baby girl, Rose, yawns and starts to cry. Bruce and Tony look startled and then they see Rose. They look back at me with questioning looks. Bruce backs up a couple of steps, now standing in the doorway.

"Ok so, this little girl was dropped on our door step. This note was left with her." I say cautiously

I hand them the note and they read it. Their faces show slight pity when they finish reading the letter.

"What do you think we should do?" I ask them

"Give her to an orphanage." Tony says.

I look at Bruce and he nods his head in agreement.

"Ok, I sort of agree but why would someone place a baby on our doorstep. They had to have known that we probably weren't going to keep her unless there was something...abnormal about her." I tell them thoughtfully

"Maybe they thought this was an orphanage." Bruce says from the doorway.

"Really! Nearly every inch of this building is lit up and the word Stark Towers are in huge letters!!! That's an insult to my marketing. Plus, usually orphanages are dark and poor." Tony retaliates

"Sorry, just trying to think of the possibilities." Bruce says with his hands up in surrender.

I pick up Rose and start to rock her because she is still crying. She immediately gets quiet.

"How'd you do that?" Bruce asks intrigued.

"I'm just rocking her. Everyone knows that babies like to be held. It's common sense." I tell him slightly appalled that he didn't know this. Rose fell asleep relatively quickly so I start to put her in her basket, but that's when I notice another note. I tell Tony to grab it. After I put Rose back in the basket, I take the note from a stunned Tony. It reads:

The Avengers are the only ones that can take care of her. Please watch over her, she needs you to control it. I'm begging you!!!! PLEASE!!!!! Do the right thing.

I stand there stunned and Bruce walks over and takes the note from my hand. He is stunned as well. When I finally get my senses back, I contact S.H.I.E.L.D, tell them to contact the rest of the Avengers, and then I tell them to meet us in the conference room of Avenger Tower, immediately.

10 minutes later

"What do you need Captain?" Nick Fury says slightly alarmed and annoyed.

"This little girl was dropped off on our doorstep with this note." I tell him as I show him Rose and hand him the first note we found.

"Ok.... I don't see why we all needed to come for this girl. You could've just contacted one of the agents and they could've come to drop her off at an orphanage." Nick says annoyed and Thor, Natasha, and Clint nod their heads in agreement.

"Well, we were going to do that until we found this note." I reply in a calm voice as I hand him the second note. Nick reads it and then passes it around. Everyone has shocked expressions on their faces after they read the note.

"Well, what do think we should do with her?" I ask after everyone has read the note

"Well, do you know what this "it" is that we have to help her control?" Natasha spoke up after a moment of silence.

"We know exactly what you know. She hasn't done anything extraordinary...yet." I reply

"What if this is all a fake?" Clint says being the person he is.

"Either way, we should watch her." Nick says going into full S.H.I.E.L.D Director mode

"Well, I am not going to take care of a child." Tony says bluntly

"I don't think it would be safe for me to take care of her." Bruce says a little sad

"I cannot bring her with thee to Asgard. Only immortals are permitted there. So I cannot keep care of thou." Thor states

"I can't either because I have too many missions to take care of. She would be better in an orphanage." Natasha says with pity in the end

"Same here." Clint says

"What about you Capt?" Tony says

"Well, I don't want her in danger. If our enemies find out that we..." I start to say until Tony coughs in a fake way.

"Find out that I have taken the responsibility of caring for a child they will come after her and see her as my weakness. She will constantly be a target. Plus, there is another evil arising." I say while also convincing myself that giving her up is in the best interest of everyone.

"Then it is agreed. We will give her to an orphanage. Though we will keep tabs on her." Fury says finalizing it.

"How exactly are we going to keep tabs on her?" I ask with curiosity

"We will send her to a real orphanage. Then we will have an agent go undercover as a caretaker there. She will keep us informed of everything." Nick says

"What if she has nothing special about her and she turns out to be just another child?" Clint says still thinking that this child isn't special.

"Well, then we won't have to worry about anything. But we will keep tabs on her whether she is at the orphanage or not." Nick replies telling everyone that this is the way it was going to be.

I look at the child one more time and then I leave the conference room to return to bed. I knew it was going to be a restless rest of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Hope you guys like it!!!! It gets better as it goes on so just stick with me.

By the way, Stark Tower and Avenger Tower is the same building.

Please comment and tell me what I should add, change, and what you like about the book.

Comment

Vote

Share

-RiRoo2000

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28.3K 18
Whilst in combat in the US Army, Ava Richards stormed a terrorist base which contained chemically manipulated gas with extreme side effects; in Ava's...
525 54 39
The daughter of the great Captain America but she doesn't have powers. Until this one day. But something must went wrong that day and her body do thi...
63 1 25
For all of Eryn Hence's life, she was told what to do, what to say, how to act, and how to feel. Play nice. Suck up if you want to get ahead. Do what...
459K 12.5K 21
[Book 1] There once was an innocent little girl who had everything she could ever ask for. But one day it was all taken away from her. She lives in...