Nature's Freak - BOOK 1 ✔ (Un...

By EmotionalPerson01

Freya Jane Grinsly is known to be a "Freak". Everyone in her town see's her as a mysterious person and despi... More

Welcome Back!!!
Chapter 1: Who am I?
Chapter 2: Threatened to Break.
Chapter 3: Friend or Enemy?
Chapter 4: Something Bad to Come.
Chapter 5: Defenseless.
Chapter 6: Death Sentence.
Chapter 7: The Past Will Return.
Chapter 8: The Never Ending Night.
Chapter 9: The Deal Never Included Me.
Chapter 10: A Nightmare to Be Continued.
Chapter 11: Confusion At It's Finest
Chapter 12: Sweet and Innocent
New Book
Chapter 13: Bloodbath
Chapter 14: Sanctuary
OH....MY.....GOSH!!!!
Chapter 15: A Monster Who Loves
Chapter 16: Saved By The 'Monster' Himself
Republish Saved By The Devil Series?!
Chapter 17: Better Than A Pistol
Chapter 18: Fight to The Death
Chapter 19: Who's to Blame?
Chapter 20: Apologies and Energy
Chapter 21: Confession Day
Chapter 22: Road Trip
Chapter 23: No Breaks
PLEASE READ
Chapter 24: It's A Weird Day
Chapter 25: A Plan
Chapter 26: Ethan!
Chapter 28: Stuck Beyond Help
Chapter 29: What Was Lost is Now Found
Chapter 30: Still Gone
Chapter 31: I Want Vengeance
Sequel
There Will Be A Book 2!! READ!!
BOOK 2 IS OUT!!

Chapter 27: That Makes Sense

1.7K 86 8
By EmotionalPerson01

I frantically paced around the waiting room where at least 25 other people was waiting to see the doctor. As soon as we arrived to the hospital, I carried Ethan to the emergency room. From there, the nurses took him and hooked him up to some machines before he disappeared. It's been 5 hours since he's been gone. No nurse or doctor gave me any reports on what has happened yet.

Walking up to the front desk, I looked to see a woman on the phone.

"Excuse me," I spoke in a soft tone. She sent a glare at me before gesturing me to wait. I waited for a couple of seconds before she hanged up.

"What's your emergency?" she asked in an enthusiastic voice as she grabbed a form for me to full out

I swear it took everything in me from slapping this lady. "Are you serious? We spoke like half an hour ago. I want to see my brother. His name is Ethan Grinsly," I angrily replied.

She let out a sigh, "Look, the doctor will call you when they're ready. Meanwhile, have a seat," she spoke waving me off.

I felt a hand pulling me back a bit and I looked to see it was Kai. I sent a glare at him causing him to release me and hold his hand up in surrender. "Look," I growled at the lady, "When my brother wakes up, he's going to want to see me and if he doesn't, he will start to freak out," I warned her.

She just rolled her eyes, "Look, have a seat. If the doctor needs you, you'll be called."

I let out an annoyed and frustrated groan before walking over to the chairs and taking a seat. Kai sat next to me staying silent. Something inside me was now concluding that something was wrong with Ethan but it's not something that can be figured out by the doctors. A few minutes passed by and I found myself impatient and fearful for Ethan.

"You need to relax," Kai spoke in a soft tone as he laid his hand on my shaking leg causing it to stop. "I can't," I mumbled back.

Before he could respond, a loud scream echoed through the building causing the waiting room to turn quiet. I knew who that scream belonged to. It was Ethan.

I quickly bolted up from my seat and ran out the room and down the hall trailing the scream as it continued. I could hear the lady in the front desk screaming for the security. Not caring, I followed the screams with Kai near my side. I turned the corner and burst through a room to see Ethan in a hospital gown being held down by 3 nurses but got loose. It was a bit shocking at how 3 nurses, not to mention who are buffed guys, couldn't hold down a 12 year old.

Ethan's guys landed on me and he quickly unplugged the needle from his arm before jumping off the bed towards me. Within a second, I was tackled with a tight hug and tearing pouring out of Ethan. I hugged him back and held him close. I could feel the temperature of Ethan's body which was very hot. His fever had ran high again.

"It's okay. They're just doing their job," I spoke.

He nodded, "I know," his cry came out muffled.

"Are you...Freya Grinsly?" a lady in a white coat asked as she read off her clipboard.

I nodded, "Yes. I tried to explain to the front desk that he would act out like this but she didn't listen," I stated.

"Sorry about that. My name is Dr. Tarzin and -"

Before she could finish, the door burst open with two security guys running towards me. One of them grabbed me and yanked Ethan away from me. Ethan burst out screaming and crying as loud as ever. "Stop! You're scaring him!" I shouted as I tried to free myself from the security guard.

Two more came him and one of them helped restrain me. Kai got in and pushed the other guy away from me causing the other to stumble back and release me. I ran towards Ethan and pushed the guy away from him before cradling Ethan.

"It's okay! Leave her!" Dr. Tarzin ordered them.

Ethan wrapped his arms around me and I gently rubbed his back. "He has haphephobia," I exclaimed to the Doctor. She nodded before quickly jotting it down on the clipboard. I pulled away from Ethan before wiping his tears away. "You need to get back in bed," I spoke in a stern tone.

He opened his mouth to protest but I shook my head. "I'll stay by your side," I gave him a small smile. He then looked over to Dr. Tarzin to see if I could actually stay. She nodded and with that, Ethan slowly got back into bed. One of the nurse covered him with a weird stiff looking blanket before connecting the IV bag up to him along with the pulse machine.

"Freya, may I speak to you outside?" Dr. Tarzin spoke in a gentle voice.

Ethan eyes widened and I quickly gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay. I'll be back. I 'll also run to the car and get you a special something," I was referring to the gift Victor got for him. A small smile lite up on his face before nodding.

"It's fine, I'll get it while you're talking to the doctor," Kai offered.

I thanked him as the three of us walked outside the room leaving Ethan and the nurses inside. Kai disappeared down the hall before the Dr. Tarzin started to talk.

"I don't know how to say this but we don't know what's wrong with your brother. We've put him through ever scan and took samples from him but everything shows up normal. His pressure is normal and his brain activity is normal. We've called in a specialist but he wouldn't be here until next week," she informed me.

Just as I thought, nothing.

I slowly nodded my head, "What about his fever?" I asked.

"Well, we were going to put him on some medicine but his body is reacting weird this fever. His body either gets to hot or to cold so we put him under a body temperature blanket which will either heat or cold him depending on his temperature. As of right now, I'm sorry but there's nothing further I could do," she spoke in a sincere tone.

I gave him a small smile, "It's okay. I'm just glad we bought him here in time. Can he eat regular food and can I stay overnight with him?"

She nodded her head, "Yes to both."

I thanked her before she left. I walked into Ethan's room again only for the nurses to leave. "So?" Ethan asked turning his head my direction.

"Hi," I randomly replied.

He playfully rolled his eyes, "What did she say?"

I shook my head, "Nothing to worry your tiny head about."

"She doesn't know, does she?" he questioned.

I let out a sigh, "No, she doesn't."

"Huh...Nice bracelet," he changed the topic. I looked down at my wrist at the bracelet. "After you showered, I watched our clothes and Victor dropped by. He gave me this and got you something as well. He said he wouldn't show up for a while and if we're ever in an emergency to just call him," I informed him.

A playful smirk rose to Ethan's face, "Did you guys smooch?"

My eyes widened, "You're 12!" I shrieked.

"Still smarter than you!" he shouted back followed by a laughter.

I rolled my eyes, "No we didn't," I mumbled.

"What?! Why?" this time he shrieked.

"The 'my brother is sick and I don't know what's wrong with him' doesn't scream kiss me," I folded my arms across my chest.

He let out a laugh, "You guys are disappointing as a couple."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. This kid is sick yet he's worry about if Victor and I kissed. Some brother I got.

The door flew opened and we all looked to see Kai walking in with a gift bag in his hand. He walked over to Ethan before passing him the bag. Ethan thanked him as he took the bag from him before eagerly opening it. He opened the blue box before gently pulling out a thick silver tag with black gemstone around it.

My eyebrow rose a bit at how plain it was but Ethan's face lite up in excitement as he was now placing it around his neck. "I love it," he squealed causing me to chuckle. From the corner of my eye I could see Kai shaking his head before turning his attention to his phone.

"I need to get some coffee. Anyone want?" Kai asked as he shoved his phone in his pocket. I nodded my head, "Yes please."

"Same here," Ethan chirped.

I shook my head, "No. You're to young for coffee."

His eyebrow rose, "You're really pulling the big sister card here?"

I nodded.

"Oh Freya, so much older yet not much wiser. You really think I'm to young for coffee when we're basically being chased by gangs and hunted like animals?" he questioned in a playful tone.

I rolled my eyes, "First of all Mr. Know-it-all, I am older so it makes me the more superior one and second of all, the first of all reason always win," I grinned.

"You two are like cats and dogs," Kai scoffed.

"Hey, at least we're not donkeys," Ethan replied referring to Kai as an ass. I burst out laughing but quickly covered it up with a cough as Kai sent a glare at me. He stormed out the room and Ethan and I both burst out laughing again.

As our laughter died down, I sat next to Ethan on his bed to wish he snuggled up next to me.

"Freya," he called in a soft tone.

I hummed in response.

"I know mom and dad never really done much for us but I miss them," he spoke in a sad tone. I wrapped him in a hug, "I know. I miss them too. How about we give them as call?" I suggested.

He tilted his head up with smile, "Really? You would let me talk to them?" he asked.

My eyebrow rose, "Of course I would. Why wouldn't I?"

His eyes shifted a it as if he was feeling a bit gulity about something. "Well, I thought since you guys didn't get along, I wasn't allowed to talk to them. I know I don't get along with them either at times but-"

"Ethan, I would never in a million years stop you from talking to mom and dad even if I don't get along with them," I smiled as I took out my phone and passed it to him.

"You're the best sister ever," he chirped as he hugged me. "I'm your only sister," I replied.

"Do you want your moment or not woman?" he laughed to which I did too.

I watched as he typed in some things causing the screen to turn black before starting up again. He then tapped on the home phone number before holding it up to his ear.

"Hi mom," Ethan chirped in an excited tone causing my lips to twitch up into a smile. "No, I'm good. Freya is taking care of me.....I miss you too....How's dad?...Okay...Hi dad!...I miss you too...She's good....I'm in the hospital. I got sick so Freya took me to the hospital...Hold on," he finished before passing me the phone.

"Hello?" I answered as I held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello sweetheart. How are you?" my father's voice came through the phone. I felt my heart drop as I heard his voice.

"I'm good. How are you guys?" I asked trying to hold back on the tears.

I heard some shuffling in the background. "We're fine. Are you and Ethan alone in the room?" he asked in a bit unease tone. "Yeah," I slowly replied.

"Hold on," he mumbled before some shuffling came over. "Freya," my mother called over the phone.

I let out a sigh knowing she would lecture me about something, "Hi mom."

"Hun, you're doing a great job so far but you made a hug mistake taking Ethan to the hospital," she quickly spoke.

"Mom, he was badly sick. His body temperature was increasing and dropping dangerously and his pulse was slowing down. I gave him medicine but it wasn't working. I wasn't going to stand by and watch him suffer," I shrieked.

"I know Freya. You were just trying to do the best you could to make sure he's healthy but you have to listen to me. Take him out of the hospital right now. He is perfectly fine. It's just a reaction to his powers. Your father went through it as well," she informed me.

I sat there in shock as I looked at Ethan who just gave me a curious look mouthing the word 'what?'.

"Freya, you have to get him out of there now. When his powers kick in, he wouldn't be able to control it for a while," she insisted.

"How long is a while?" I asked.

She paused for a second before responding, "Well, for your father it took him about a day or two but it depends on their mental state and how far they are able to unlock certain parts of the brain along with how fast they could process information. In Ethan's case, it could be hours. A max of 8 hours. During this time, he shouldn't be in crowded areas because this could cause people to hurt," she explained.

"Okay, thanks mom," I replied as I got off the bed.

"Not a problem love. Also, before I forget, stay away from -"

Before she could finish, the line went dead. I looked at my phone to see it still had half battery left and full service so there was no problem on my side. I called the phone again but the dial tone came on. I called there cell but it went straight to voicemail.

"There phone just cut off," I mumbled.

Ethan shrugged, "Maybe they forgot to pay the bills again."

"Yeah," I slowly replied before shoving the phone in my pocket and looking at him. "Okay, so mom just told me I made a mistake in checking you into a hospital. Your 'sickness' is just a reaction to your powers kicking in. We have to get you out of here before you accidently hurt someone when you can't control it," I explained.

I watched as Ethan face palmed himself. "See, that makes total sense but not to crash this party but I doubt they'll let me out of here considering how they think I have some sickness and in 12 years old. Even if you got mom and dad in here to release me, they wouldn't because it part of the medical department law," he informed me.

I let out a groan. This is going to make things much harder now.

I looked around the room for some way of exit but there was no windows and the vents were way to small. The only exit was the front door. The door then opened revealing Kai who was carrying three cups of coffee.

"Kai, I said not to get him cof-"

"Relax. One of them is tea," he gave me a small smile. I thanked him as he passed me my cup of coffee and gave Ethan his tea.

"So, we found out that Ethan's sickness is actually just a reaction to his powers kicking in and we have to get out of this hospital before he accidently hurts anyone." I filled Kai in.

He took a sipped of his coffee in silence before leaning up against a wall. "How are we suppose to get out of here?" he questioned.

I shrugged, "I'm working on it," I mumbled. 

"Well," he pushed himself off the wall, "I just want to say that I'm sorry about what happened in the hotel. I know I should of never done that and I admit, I was very selfish. I hope that you could forgive me," he spoke with a sincere tone as he looked at Ethan and I.

I let out a sigh, "You're forgiven but if you do it again, I'm going to drug you and leave you in a crowded area, naked," I threatened  causing him to laugh.

"Right and speaking of drug, why did you drug me?" he questioned.

Ethan burst out laugh, "No, no. That was my handy work and you deserved it. No one threats my sister like that,"  he scoffed.

I watched as Kai was now surprised that Ethan had been the one who did that to him. It was honestly funny how a 12  year old can just play anyone like a fiddle. 

"Wait!" Ethan then shrieked in a panic causing me to panic.

"What's wrong?" I ran up to his side of the bed. He then turned to look at me with widened eyes, "What happened to Hazel?" 

My eyes narrowed at him, "Seriously?"

"What did I do wrong?" his hands came up in surrender to which Kai laughed. 

I reached inside my hoodie pocket and gently pulled out Hazel who was curled up in a ball sleeping. This little chatter box slept through everything which is honestly crazy. I'm starting to think he may have some sort of power to turn deaf when he wants.

Ethan cupped his hand together and I gently placed Hazel in the palm of his hands. I watched as Hazel slowly woke up and looked around. As he saw Ethan, he ran up his arm and started to run around on top of him chattering away.

"He says he misses you a lot and was really worried about you," I translated.

Ethan then took Hazel and hugged him. I 'awed' at how adorable this was. 

"You really think I'm going to leave you here with here," Ethan jokingly replied causing Hazel to make a laughter chattering sound.

I rolled my eyes. There goes the adorable moment. 

"Okay, well I'm going out to grab some food at Dunkin' Donuts so give me your orders everyone," I chirped pulling out my phone before pulling up the notes. 

I went around the room taking all their order. Before I left, I gave Ethan a kiss on the forehead and made sure he was okay. I left Kai in charge and told Hazel to hit if anyone came to which he just waved me off.

Can you believe that?

A squirrel waved me off!

I headed down the parking lot to the car. As I hopped in, I felt a bit overwhelmed yet relief at the situation we were in. Every time we seemed to get away from one problem, another one starts. I would say how could things get any worst but I know that is an understatement. 

It was nice that Kai manned up to his mistakes. I hope nothing like that ever happens again. Maybe this is the part of him he didn't want to share with us that day in my room. Maybe, since he's been alone most of his life, he lashes out like this. 

Everyone has a story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83 0 21
As a child, Freya Carson would spend her summers at her grandmother's forest cabin, picking berries, going to the lake, playing outside and ending th...
29.7K 1.7K 35
Freya who has no username woke up from the winter. 70% of her body is snow. She is also bloomed with powers colder than ice. She can make it winter i...
95.4K 3.1K 83
"This is the story of Hazel..a tale I tell to others...a tale not many know of.. Such a loving child with her brother. So bright and full of life. Y...
5.9M 285K 97
When Nelle Wychthorn was forced to sign herself away in marriage, she should have read the contract's fine print. Because she signs not with ink, but...