Lullaby

By StAl2LiGhT

(Based on the Academy series by C.L.Stone. Do not copy as a lot of this is original work from other stories I... More

1• Dance Forever With Me
2• The Guardians
3• Doctoring the Broken
4• Unraveling Our Demons
5• Soul Within a Soul
7• Monsters are cute
8• Lycorns & Knomepyres
9• Stellar Genetics
10• Traitorous Organs
11• The Damned
12• Aries
13• Lulu Phone Home Part 1
Lullaby OneShot~ What Could Have Been
A Lulu Mini ~ Lullaby's Christmas Tree
Cover Archives
Lullaby Big News
Publishing Announcement

6• Wakey Wakey, Eggs & Bakey

10.5K 447 261
By StAl2LiGhT

I huff as I stomp down the stairs with a moody meanie behind me. That's right! Meanie! He's a meanie butthead!

He made me wear pants!

I don't wanna! I hate pants!

"Go ahead and fucking pout! You're still wearing them!", he called to me from behind. I glared at him over my shoulder before quickly pulling them off and throwing them right at his face.

"Hey!", he yelled.

I ran down the stairs away from him and around the corner before he caught me and sat on me again. He'd already chased me around the room once and yanked them back on me.

The rest of the boys were all solemnly sitting in the kitchen lost in thought. I looked around for the person I wanted most at this moment.

My eyes teared up as I saw Silas leaning against the kitchen island in the middle. I ran towards him with my arms held out in front of me," Silas!"
He snapped out of his stupor and looked over at me. His tense shoulders sagged in relief before he took in my state. His eyes softened with worry before he bent a little with his arms held out awaiting me.

"Come here Aggele Mou."

I ran into his arms. He quickly snatched me up and held me like a toddler to his chest. I hugged my legs around his waist and threw my arms around his neck where I buried my face. He rubbed my back up and down," Agelle? Why's wrong?"

I sniffled," I don't wanna."

"What? What don't you want to do?", he cooed gently in my ear and held me tighter.
"Wear pants. I don't like pants."
He froze, his arm moved until his hand felt up my bare legs until they landed on my panties. He let out a choking noise. Someone in the room snorted before falling out in laughter.

Silas chuckled just as Meanie came in cussing," That brat I swear! She can't walk around without fucking pants! I can't take it. It's fucking torture!"

Sean chuckled," Let her be."
Meanie sputtered out," B-but!"
"Enough. She hasn't had any control of her life until now. It's of the upmost importance that she's given some control of her decisions. If she prefers to go without them, let her. Surely we've surpassed our Neanderthal ancestors and can pull together enough self control.", said Owen.

"Besides, it's not like she's going out in public. She's fine.", Kota calmly stated. I peaked one eye out from Silas' shoulder to look at everyone discreetly.
Meanie pulled at his hair and let out a frustrated screech," Easy for you to fucking say! I just had to bathe her! Naked! You hear me? Naked! She was fucking naked!"

Victor rolled his eyes and said in a bored tone," How can we not hear you? You're screeching like a tantrum throwing toddler."
Luke fell back in his chair with a pout," No fair! I wanna take a bath with Lulu!"

Meanie flipped him off before turning his glare to me. I flinched and sank into my teddy bear more. Silas began to rock my side to side while the butthead stalked over to me. He poked me gently on the nose," This isn't over rugrat."

I gently bit his finger and looked up at him from under my lashes, silently asking if we were still friends. He smirked at me and flicked my nose," Stop being so fucking cute."

North pushed away from the wall on the other side of the room and stalked over to us. His dark eyes were set with unwavering determination. It looked like I might be in trouble if his face was anything to go by.

But I was very wrong.

He didn't seem to care Silas was holding me. He simply hugged me around the waist and buried his nose into the crook of my neck. I froze, eyes wide, as he inhaled me deeply.

I had been too distraught to notice it before, but now that I didn't have to wear pants and I knew no one was mad at me I became all too aware.

It hadn't happened with Meanie when he bathed me, nor when he poked me. The weird feeling only happened with Silas and North. It wasn't anything drastic like the tingles they all sometimes gave off. It was warm. It felt like somewhere safe.

I loved the warmth. Not once in my existence have I ever felt warm. Always was this desolate chill that consumed me. It never left.

Never.

But with these two men holding me I felt the chill completely recede. My eyes closed unwillingly. I could get use to this.

Is this because they marked me?

North's voice was deep and husky as he asked me," How are you feeling baby?"
"Fine.", I sleepily mumbled out. He kissed me in the curve of my throat causing an unusual shiver to come over me. I'd never felt that before. It was like I craved something I'd never ever needed before.
"Good.", Silas murmured into my hair, his arms tightening around me.

"Ack!", Sean made a sound like a buzzer. " Step away boys! Miss Lulu needs to eat and you two are putting her to sleep."

Silas and North both tensed. North was the first to pull away. He did so like I'd shocked him, quickly. My giant teddy bear tried setting me down, but I wasn't having it. I let out a whine and held him tighter.

I'm sleepy. Why can't they just let me take a nap?

A few of them chuckled. Someone grabbed me from behind at the same time Silas pulled gently at my limbs. I wasn't strong enough to put up much of a fight. I grunted as this person turned me around in their arms and held me in the same way they all like to. I rested my cheek on this person's shoulder.

"Did the cold go away sweetie?", Kota's voice rumbled through the chest I was laying on. I could practically hear the soft smile in his voice. I nodded.

Someone began to pet my hair. I cracked open my eyes slightly to see who it was. Sean's smiling face was right in front of mine," Good. That's great news. We'll let you snuggle with them after we feed you. Then you can nap to your heart's content. Does that sound good to you?"

I nod sleepily. I don't understand how I can be so sleepy after sleeping for two weeks, but I am.
Gabriel called out from somewhere far across the room," I thought we were suppose to give her control of her life or some shit like that? Shouldn't we let her nap if she wants to?"

Kota answered," We're going to give her as much control as we can, but with things like this we just can't right now. She hasn't been eating properly. She won't know how to make a decision on something like that for a while."

Sean nods, his eyes still locked on mine, although they're more serious now," And we can't risk that. She needs to eat. North? Silas?"

They both let out a grunt like noise in acknowledgement behind me.
"Has her soul been adequately feeding from you?"

"There about. I wish it'd take more, but I think it's scared to hurt us.", North said.

It thinks? How odd.

Sean purses his lips, eyes studying me mindlessly as he got lost in thought.
"We could weigh her real quick while they made her lunch?", Kota suggested. Sean nodded," Yeah. We'll do that."

Luke bounced over towards us as Kota started to rub my back. Luke grinned at me from behind Sean," Want anything in particular Lulu?"

I shrug," Cheese and bread?"

Sean and Luke both give me deadpanned looks. North snorted behind me," I don't think so. Are you picky about anything in particular?"

I shrug again," I dunno?"

I'd been given scraps most of my life. I faintly remember eating pink ice cream and this fried meat I dipped in a sweet sauce, but it'd been a very long time ago. Mostly I was fed small servings of cheese or squishy apples with a slice of stale bread.

Luke gave me a pitying smile," That's okay sugar! We'll make a couple of different things. You'll have opinions on what you like in no time." He gave me a cheery grin before bouncing away towards the fridge with North and Nathan in tow. Nathan had patted me on the head as he passed.

Kota followed Sean towards a bathroom downstairs with me still in his arms. It was very different from the other house's bathroom. This one had navy walls with silver finishes. The design was odd yet familiar. If I recall correctly I'd seen shapes like this in an encyclopedia once. It'd been about Shintoism, a Japanese religion.

They liked square things instead of the round finishings I'm used too.

Sean's sink was a square glass bowl set onto of a chocolate wood cabinet. A silver waterfall faucet stood beside it. The toilet was normal in appearance, but the tub wasn't. It was a chocolate wood planked stand alone bathtub but sat entirely on the ground. It was square shaped, like the sink, and had very pointy corners.

The floors were dark chocolate wood tiles with black rugs, the same color as the shower curtain.

I liked it.

Kota sat me down on the ground as Sean pulled out a weight scale. I immediately got on it, trying to be good after the ruckus I caused already. Sean chuckled and picked me up under the arms, dangling me a few inches off the scale.

"One second pookie. It's got to wake up or it won't read your weight at all."

The blinking zeros stopped blinking after a few seconds. That's when Sean set me back down on it. He gave me a quick peck on the forehead before he stepped back. We all watched the numbers dance in a circle again.

Kota mumbled while we waited," I'd think she's gained at least a pound or two. Her color is better and her face looks a little less gaunt."
Sean hummed," While I agree with you, I find it unlikely she's gained much. It's more likely because she's rested that her coloring has improved. At least those damn rings under her eyes have nearly gone away. Poor thing looked like someone popped her in both eyes."

Kota let out an agitated grunt in agreement. It seems he hasn't been too happy about the rings under my eyes either. I didn't even know I'd had rings under my eyes...

The scale finally stopped on a number.

76.

Sean let out a noise of surprise," Well what do ya know? She did gain a pound." He grinned down happily at me and pet my hair," We'll have you good as new in no time pookster."

I giggled at his silly nickname for me. Kota smiled at me and held out his hand," Come on sweetheart. Let's get you fed. Maybe we can get another pound on you before the day is over with."

My eyebrows furrowed as I took his hand. I craned my neck to look up at Sean," We can do that?"
He snorted," Unlikely, but we're sure as hell gonna try."

I let Kota lead me back towards the kitchen. He kept forgetting about my tiny legs so I ended up stumbling to keep up. Sean laughed from behind us," Slow down Kota. She's a bit shorter than us you know?"

Kota smiled down at me sheepishly," Sorry Lullaby."
He continued on, but kept his steps at a much more bearable pace," Now I know why everyone carries her."
Sean chuckled," As enjoyable as it is to hold her, it really is the best way to get around with her. I keep trying to let her walk, but it does wear down on one's patience after a bit."

I huff and glare up at Sean," I'm right here."
He grins down at me and winks," And as cute as ever."
I blink, confused and thrown off.

As soon as we're in the kitchen, Sean sweeps me up into his arms and twirls us around until I'm dizzy. He cheered out," Guess who gained an entire pound?"

They all stopped what they were doing. Slowly each one began to grin, or in Owen's case - minutely smiled.
Nathan grinned at me," No way! Good job Peanut!"

I looked around at them all in confusion," But I didn't do anything?"

Literally.

They all laughed like I'd said the funniest thing ever. With a furrowed brow I looked around at them all almost desperately," But I didn't!"

They all laughed harder. Owen gave me a small smile from his seat at the dining table and then winked.

...I really didn't though.

🦋

There was a tug of war over who's lap I'd sit in before Owen put a stop to it and sat me in my own chair between him and Luke.

It became apparent rather quickly that i was too short for this table. My feet dangled uselessly in the air and it was a little hard for me to eat as the table came to my chest so I had to stretch to reach anything. Owen even had to push my chair in. After much laughter from everyone, North went to grab a couch cushion for me.

It didn't really help much so I just sat on my knees.

The food was....various.

There were like fifteen different things to choose from and they made sure I tried at least a bite from each one. I immediately didn't like the fried tomatoes, or this weird dip they called Rotel, and I didn't like the stir fry either.

Luke snorts after attempt three to get me to eat something and starts to poke something with his fork from beside me," Here, let me see something." He then holds out this red fruit vegetable thing that was in all three of the dishes I'd tried already.

I wanted to say I'd used them to cook with before, but I couldn't remember. Mother left out the ingredients and it was up to me not to fail the recipe.

Oh wait....that's the stuff Marie doesn't like. We don't use those.

He cheekily said," Say 'ahhhh'"
I giggled and opened my mouth for him to feed me. The second the weird food was on my tongue I grimaced. It was slimy and had a crunch to it that contradicted its squishy interior. I gagged and stuck my tongue out, letting the icky stuff fall out of mouth onto my plate. I kept smacking my lips and sticking my tongue out to try to get the awful taste out of my mouth.

Luke snorted out a laugh," Well I think I found our problem. She doesn't like tomatoes."

North groaned, dragging a hand down his face, while everyone else either snorted or laughed.
"She wouldn't like tomatoes. They're a very beneficial fruit. They have..."
"No one fucking cares North.", Meanie said bluntly. North glared at him and chopped him across the back of his head.

Owen picked me up around the waist and sat me sideways in his lap. I blinked up at him as he poked at something on his plate. Owen was different from the others. The others all tried to constantly interact with me, but Owen patiently stood by, never demanding much attention.

But I really liked being around him, even if he wasn't around that often. His presence was very soothing. He seemed to be so calm and collected, much like Kota. But unlike Kota, who was gentle and doting, Owen was more commanding and stern. It was that stern quality that made me feel so secure around him.

He didn't play around. He always meant business. So his word meant more to me. I knew Owen would never joke around, so I never had to worry about if he meant what he said.

Owen would always make sure everything was okay. He was the rock, the stabilizer of this group.

Owen brought a forkful of fluffy yellow stuff up to my mouth. I tilted my head at it.
"It's eggs.", he stated.
I looked up at him curiously. He gave me his typical millimeter smile," I think you'll like this."
I nod. That was enough for me.

I leaned my weight against him, resting my head over his heart, and opened my mouth letting him feed me. I chewed the squishy stuff and hummed. That was yummy!

He chuckled and scooped up another bite for me. Sean, who was sitting on Owen's left side, leaned towards us and said in a baby talk voice," Dawwww, look at her! She likes you Owen."

Blandly, as he put another bite of eggs into my mouth, he said," I gathered."
I just watched them, back and forth, as I chewed.
"Now, now Owen, is that anyway to speak to your oldest friend?"

Owen didn't comment. Instead he held up a bite of a dark colored meat to me," Bacon."
I nod and let him pop it into my mouth. I secretly like him feeding me.

"Oweeeeennnn🎶.", Sean sings.
Owen grunts," What?"
"Are you ignoring me?"
"Obviously."

He feeds me another piece of this bacon stuff. I liked bacon too. It was yummy.

"You are so cruel, you know that?", Sean fake cried. Then he poked me on the nose as I chewed," And you're no better!"

I stopped chewing and looked up at him, completely and totally confused. What'd I do?

Sean grinned," You're just sitting here eating and letting him abuse me!"

I slowly began to chew again and shrugged. He snorted out a laugh.

"Leave her be, Sean. She needs to eat."
Sean waved him off," I'm aware Owie. I did make that medical order myself ya know?"
Owen glared at Sean," Don't call me that."

Sean smirked," What? Owie? I think it's cute."

I think so too!!

I looked up at Owen and poked his chin. With a smile I said," Owie!"

Owen's eyes bugged out. He looked down at me with an unamused gaze while Sean cackled beside us.
"Please don't listen to that bafoon Miss Lullaby."
I giggled and poked his chin again, liking the name far too much," Owie!"

The table erupted in laughter.

Owen took a deep breathe before opening his eyes. His gaze softened once he stared down into my eyes. He held up more eggs to my mouth,"Would you like more eggs?"

I nodded and popped open my mouth.

Sean's jaw dropped," What?! That's it?! You're not going to stop her or get onto her or... I don't know, yell at her?! You always throw a fit when I call you that!"
Owen sipped at his water, before handing it off to me to sip on," She may call me whatever she wishes. You on the other hand will refrain from uses such ridiculous nicknames."

Sean glowered at me jokingly," I'm onto you pookie."

I giggled as I handed the water back to Owen.
Sean was silly.

Owen smirked as he fed me another piece of bacon," Do you remember what Sean was earlier Lullaby? When he tried to molest you?"

"What the fuck?!", North boomed.

Sean tried playing the sex organ with me? I leaned away from Sean apprehensively.
He's good! I never even saw it! Did he have it hidden in that room somewhere?

I pointed at him with an accusing glare," Bad Sean!" The table silenced before erupting in laughter again.

Sean glowered at me," God damn it Owen."

Sean tried to touch me, but I leaned further away," Bad Sean!"

Sean glared at Owen," Just you wait."

Owen merely smirked. Sean poked me on the nose," Don't listen to him pookie. He's just teasing you."

He was?

I looked up at Owen, confused. Owen can tease?
Owen snorted and fed me more bacon, saying nothing more on the subject.

Nathan popped up behind us, leaning over Owen's shoulder to place something in front of me. I never heard him so I jumped a bit in Owen's lap, startled.
Nathan massages my shoulder with one hand," Sorry peanut. Didn't mean to scare ya. Try this. I think you'll like it."

I looked at what was on the plate he placed in front of me. It was blue, cup shaped, and jiggled. I lowered my head until I was eye to eye with it, glaring at it suspiciously. I slowly moved to poke it, swiftly ducking down until only my eyes were visible over the table when it started to dance around.

Meanie threw his head back laughing, holding his stomach. Sean's swiftly covered his mouth and squeezed his eyes shut as his shoulders shook vigorously.
Victor chuckled and leaned forward in his seat to catch my attention," It's called jello princess."

I tilted my head, slowly raising my head to look at it from above.
"Gel...low?"

North chuckled," Yeah baby. It's sweet. You'll probably like it."

I twisted my lips unsure.

"Oh my god, she's so cute!", Luke gushed.

Owen scooped up some of the Gel low on a spoon and raised it to my mouth. I looked up at him apprehensively. He smirked and poked my mouth with the spoon," Try it."

Unable to disobey him I popped open my mouth and let him feed me the alien substance. I scrunched up my face as I played around with it in my mouth with my tongue. If I thought the tomatoes were slimy, I'd been sorely mistaken. Tomatoes were slick. Gel low was slimy.

I tilted my head as I tried to form an opinion on it. It didn't taste bad but I couldn't get past the texture. It was too sweet, too. I haven't had sugar in a long time, so maybe that's it.

I grimace, unable to get past the texture and sickly sweet taste, and spit it out onto my plate.

Sean raised a brow at me," I was sure you'd like that."
"It's slimy and too sweet."
Owen hands me his water to rinse the taste out with. He rubs my back as he thoughtfully says," She hasn't been given a lot of variety. I'd say it's safe to assume she wasn't given anything sweet."

I nod while looking up at him.

"God fucking damn it!", Meanie suddenly yelled out. Everyone jumped a little in their seats. He quickly got out of his chair and ran towards the kitchen. I stared at the archway until he stormed back in with a washcloth in his hand.

He bumped Nathan out of the way with his hip and bent down to grab a lock of my hair for some reason. He started to wipe the lock of hair with the wet washcloth while mumbling to himself. Then he adjusted me on Owen's lap until I was facing away and began to tug at my hair until it was in a ponytail.

When he was done I looked back at him," What's wrong Meanie?"
His jaw dropped," Oh my fucking god! You're still calling me that?!"
I nodded," Yahuh."
"Why?!"
"Because you're a meanie butthead.", I state as if reciting facts from an encyclopedia.
He glowered at me while a few of the others fell out laughing.

He poked me on the nose," Whatever. Just try not to make too big a mess. I'd rather not have to bathe you again today. I don't know if I could take it."

I felt guilty. I hadn't meant to cause problems," I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."
His eyes softened," Awe fuck. Don't be sorry Lulu. Don't listen to me. I'm just being over dramatic as usual."
I hold out my arms for him. He smirked and lifted me into his arms.

"Okay?", he asks. I nod," Okay."

I bury my face into his neck as he walks off with me. He sits down and leans back into his chair," How can someone be so precious and sweet? It's fucking bizarre."
I smile softly when his voice causes a soothing rubble to vibrate through my body. I liked Meanie's voice. It was deep and soothing even when he was saying bad words and screeching.

Someone begins rubbing my back. A warmth spreads through me again and I can feel the strings I'd been given a glance of before. I followed the string lazily with my mind until it lead me to its owner.

Silas.

"Agelle?"
"What is it?", Nathan asks him.
"I'm not sure. I can just feel her suddenly."
"Baby? Do you realize you're reaching out to him?"
I hum, not really caring at the moment. My tummy is full and Gabriel is holding me while Silas is massaging my back.

I just want to sleep.

They wait a few moments to see if I'll answer. When I don't they start to lower their voices.
" Is it bothering you Si?"
"No. It's fine. I prefer it actually. I can feel everything she's feeling right now."
"And?", Gabriel asks.
"She's sleepy and content. A little too full actually. She feels safe in your arms. She likes it when we hold her. She's never been held like that."

Gabriel huffs and holds me tighter," Those fuckers I swear. Ya know they wouldn't let her use a mirror?"
" You're joking?", Victor asks in disbelief.
"I'm not. I sat her on the counter while I ran her a bath. When I turned around she was looking at her reflection like a cat does. Her eyes seemed to really catch her attention."

North started to curse loudly across from us.
"Hush. You'll wake her.", Kota chastised him.
"She's still awake."
"I wonder why she's using your link and not North's.", Sean says.
"He touched her. It's new to her right now. It'll take some time before she can control it.", Owen murmured.

North hummed," Can we use the link to our advantage when it's open like that?"
"What do you mean?", Sean asked.
"I mean, can we push through it to heal her or feed her energy? Maybe get her to rest if she's being stubborn."
"I don't see why not."
"Give it a shot Si."

I suddenly felt fuzzy and warm. I snuggled into Gabriel more and buried my nose under my hand that was clenching his shirt. Gabriel and Silas chuckled," I don't know what the fuck you're doing, but I think she likes it."

The boys in the room all chuckled.

"Try to make her sleep Si. She needs to rest and as much as I'd love to hold her while she naps, we really need to get going.", North states.
"You have that mission at the club downtown, right?", Kota asks.
Silas is the one to answer," Yeah. It won't take us long. We can probably be back before she wakes up."

"Do it.", is all Owen says.

Silas places a hand gently on my head. Slowly, I feel like I'm being drugged as the world becomes harder to hold onto and everything feels heavy. Silas hushes me," Rest, Agelle. You're safe."

I hum out an 'okay', before losing the battle to stay awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96 4 10
Tiffany-Angelica-valentine a lonely dark and sassy badass, she is a 24 year old who lives in a small unfrequented town where no one visits often due...
160K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
350K 16.5K 60
{Completed} A lost soul in a sea of anguish and confusion, Sang floats alone, and the treacherous waters around her are starting to consume her; she'...
11.1K 784 6
C.L. Stone Fanfiction of the Ghost Bird series. ~.~.~.~ Summer Break is just starting after they survived a whole year at Ashley Waters. Then, the bo...