Deadly Attachment

By CristianoCR7Ronaldo

" you don't know me " the russian woman flinched. " but i'd like to " Katya Volkov is a Russian assassin nav... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 20

6.2K 200 52
By CristianoCR7Ronaldo

- no matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up, and never give up.

I decided to go to the party thirty minutes later than I was instructed to. One reason, was because I didn't want to have to introduce myself to every single person that walked through the door. I'd rather just come in late, and if someone approaches me, then have to introduce myself.

I wore a black shirt, with a black suit jacket, and black dress pants. It was a simple look, but official enough. It may be too gloomy and black for a baby shower, but it was my way of dressing.

Steve was the first person to see me, and he was dressed sharply in a grey suit, with a black shirt underneath that was unbuttoned at the top. He smiled and walked with me through the party.

"Lots of people," I noted.

"Nervous?" He raised an eyebrow. I scoffed, turning to glance over my shoulder. There were too many people here. I was merely uncomfortable, not nervous. "You don't need to look over your shoulder. Tony has agents in every corner of the room."

"When you live the way I do, looking over your shoulder becomes second nature." I nodded to a few people who walked by. "Where is Tony in this mess?"

"He's with Pepper and Andrea, towards the left of the room. They set up a table over there, well, a few tables. One is already filled with gifts, and the other filled with people."

I glanced around the room looking for Natasha but so far coming up blank. "This is the perfect place for you to find a love interest." Steve winked at me.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Not a bad idea, but I'm already looking for someone who is supposed to be here."

"Me too." He sighed, also looking around. I wondered what he meant by that. Is Bucky not here? "Who are you looking for?"

"No one in particular," I mumbled distractedly.

"Are you looking for a certain redhead?" He hinted, raising his eyebrows. I grinned, shaking my head no. "I don't believe you." He bumped me with his shoulder. "There's got to be something going on between you two."

"You're imagining things, Steve." I chuckled, still searching each woman's face for Natasha's.

I stopped looking and relaxed once my eyes met familiar blue ones, and I looked at the rest of her body. She was wearing a tight black dress that had a low V neck, and a thick black belt around her waist. She smirked when she noticed me checking her out, and I returned the look.

"Am I?" Steve whispered, and I shoved him playfully before making my way towards my redhead.

"Privet, krasavitsa." I did a circle around Natasha, taking in the way she looked.

"Hello yourself." She adjusted my blazer, a smirk still on her lips. I guess she very much approves of my look. "I was looking for you."

"I just got here a few minutes ago. Had a friendly chat with Steve." I glanced back towards him, and he was still looking for Bucky, I assume.

"What did he say?" She hummed, interested.

"Just wanted to know if I was looking for a certain redhead." I smiled at Natasha.

"And what did you say?" She asked, somewhat nervous.

"I said he was imagining things." I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before releasing it. "Are you worried about someone finding out about us?"

She shook her head no. "Not really. I'm just worried what they'll say when they do find out."

"Well," I started. "By the way Steve treated it, he found it a fun way to tease me. I wouldn't worry too much about their reactions, Nat." I tried out a nickname, and her lips twitched up in a smile. "Want a drink?" I asked.

"Champagne, please." I nodded to her words and walked up to the bar. 

He was busy with someone's drink, so I waited patiently for my turn. A presence at my left alerted me, so I glanced to see who it was. It was a woman I have not recognized before. She had very blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. But her eyes could not compare to Natasha's, and blonde wasn't as lovely a hair color as red.

"Hi, I'm Emma." She introduced herself. I nodded to her, introducing myself as Katya. "Really? Where are you from?"

"Russia," I explained. She looked me over, a flirtatious smile on her lips. 

"I've seen your eyes before." She stared at them. "I know who you are." I was startled when she said my hero name, and I frowned at her. "I'm sorry if I'm making you nervous. I'm Emma Frost, and I'm with the X-Men."

I began to relax, but I didn't want to get too comfortable. I knew who the X-Men were, but I wasn't sure who she was. Her name was familiar, and I'm sure I've seen her in action once or twice, but I couldn't remember her.

I looked to the bartender and placed the idea that he should come to me next. He accepted it and began walking over.

"What will it be?" He asked leaning over the counter.

"Two champagnes, and a..." I looked at Emma.

"Chardonnay." Emma's choice of a drink was spoken without breaking eye contact with me. The bartender walked off to get our drinks. "Bringing the other champagne for your girlfriend?" She asked.

"Colleague." I corrected.

She smiled as if she was deciding whether to humor me or not. "Come on, Katya. I can see right through your thoughts. It's your girlfriend's drink."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "It would be wonderful if you didn't go saying it like it's a regular thing."

"Not public yet?" She questioned, and I shook my head no. "I'll keep your secret." She winked.

I mumbled thanks and took the two glasses of champagne in my hands, and turned to look for Natasha in the crowd.

"I'll see you around, Katya," Emma called, and I turned back to nod at her.

I found Natasha speaking with Clint and Steve, and I handed her the second champagne in my hands while avoiding Steve's eyes. I could practically hear him in my mind, "Certain redhead."

"Thank you." Natasha gave me a curt smile and turned back to the two men. "As I was saying, I noticed Tony and Pepper invited a lot of beings with powers."

Clint nodded. "I think I spotted the boy who is Iron Fist."

"Emma Frost is here." I glanced at the bar, but it was obstructed from my view. Too many people. "I ran into her at the bar."

"Lots of supers." Steve nodded, looking at each face, trying to find his own to mention. After a moment's delay, he happily whispered, "T'Challa," Nodding to the darker man who passed by.

"Almost everyone here has some sort of ability, or are a regular human hero, like me." Clint straightened his tie, and I smiled. He was very proud of being the best human archer in the world, and the best archer in all.

"Look, it's Living Lightning," I whispered, looking at a young man I recognized as Miguel Santos.

"How can you be sure?" Clint raised his eyebrow at me quizzically.

"When you have nothing else to occupy your time with, you start looking for and researching people like yourself. I know almost every person in this room."

"Impressive." Clint gave a single nod, truly impressed. "Let's put your knowledge to the test. Who's that?" He asked, looking at a woman whose hero name is Mockingbird.

"Barbara Morse," I explained. "Mockingbird. She used to be a SHIELD agent."

He breathed through his nose, not taking his eyes off Barbara. "How do I look?" He asked us.

"Good." Natasha pulled some lint off of his shoulder. "Better."

He looked to me. "You said her name is Barbara?" I nodded, and he walked off in her direction.

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend?" I frowned at Steve.

Steve shook his head no, watching Clint introduce himself to Barbara. "They broke it off while he was visiting. He's staying here for good now." He looked as if he was going to say more, but I could tell he spotted someone. "Excuse me, I have to speak with Bucky." He mumbled, before walking off.

Now it was Natasha and I standing near each other. She had half of her champagne left, and I barely touched mine.

"So you really do know everyone here?" Natasha asked.

I nodded. "There are a lot of heroines that have blonde hair," I noted, watching Carol Danvers walk by. She was known as Ms. Marvel.

"This is an impressive outcome," Natasha noted, turning in a circle to look around the room. "It's kind of nice to see everyone who has the same occupation getting along and being friendly."

"Some might be a little too friendly," I mumbled to myself, remembering my interaction with Emma Frost.

"What?" Natasha asked, not hearing what I had said.

"I was just agreeing with you." I lied. "I think it's wonderful."

"I see a very good opportunity that we shouldn't miss." Natasha thought out loud.

I looked at her, curiosity showing on my face. "An opportunity for what, may I ask?"

"Allies." She smiled. "Friendships. We all need someone we can count on when the Avengers need help."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 1.7K 27
(Romanogers Story) Agent Natasha Romanoff a.k.a Black Widow, was saved by her love of her life, Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America. Steve will do any...
25.6K 727 37
Friendships are growing in the avengers but is one friendship growing into something different is one girl feeling something for a certain someone...
5K 115 11
"Well let's see what the ghost wants." "Bucky?" "But I knew them..." "Don't you remember me? Remember us?" "You're my mission."
275K 7.6K 52
You are a russian spy, a hydra's spy to be more specific. Of course you were mind controlled by them. You only speak russian (for the start). You alw...