Taming Life: Undeniable (Book...

Por inhaleyou

What is Love if it's not worth fighting for? "Damn." he stared at the ceiling. "I had an amazing dream." "Abo... M谩s

Chapter 1: Pilot
Chapter 2: Agree/Disagree
Chapter 3: Family First
Chapter 4: 1 Please Come Home
Chapter 5: 2 Don't Leave
Chapter 6: Show Me
Chapter 7: Love Making
Chapter 8: Without You
Chapter 9: I Miss You Already
Chapter 10: What Friends Do
Chapter 11: Reunited.
Chapter 12: Just Like Your Father
Chapter 13: Loyalty Lives On
Chapter 15: We Did It
Chapter 16: Takes Two
Chapter 17: Coming Soon
Chapter 18: You Da Baddest
Chapter 19: Assassination
Chapter 20: Oh Baby!
Chapter 21: A Day With Her
Chapter 22: Chill with the Bullshit!
Chapter 23: Broken Promises
Chapter 24: Twins?
Chapter 25: 1 Not Always About SEX
Chapter 26: 2 Just a little SEX
Chapter 27: Glow Up
Chapter 28: Teamwork 100%
Chapter 29: Aspiration In Life
Chapter 30: Happy Birthday Bitch!
Chapter 31: Like Me Or Not
Chapter 32: Love Don't Change
Chapter 33: You Can't Always Win
Chapter 34: Grinding Still
Chapter 35: Hurtful Pride
Chapter 36: Time For a Change
Chapter 37: Check Yourself
Chapter 38: Triple the Surprise!
Chapter 39: The Worst
Chapter 40: Thick Creations
Chapter 41: Blessings
Chapter 42: His Return
Chapter 43: Forgive, Not Forget
Chapter 44: It's Not Reality, It's The Past
Chapter 45: The Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER
Taming Life: Book 2
Taming Life: Book 3

Chapter 14: NYE

4.1K 153 58
Por inhaleyou

They were now in ihop eating breakfast and Jaimee was texting Jada about working. She lost yet another job and was 'done sith life.'

"Mom, why do people lie?" he ask randomly.

"Uhm... Because they want to get out of a mess instead of getting caught?"

"Well i think thats dumb. You know?" he sipped his drink. "I mean, papa is a Lawyer, he said he only did it because of the money and Aunt lalissa said in being a lawyer, you tell a stupendous amount of lies." he said and sat his fork down since he was done.

"Jesus." Jaimee mumbled and sat back.

"You're gonna stop going by them cause you talking alot of big words and my mind can't process them at the moment."

"You know you could ask me to tone it down" he said.

"Alright. You're done. Let's get you to school old man." she said and left the money on the table.

"I'm not old. Grandpa is." he said and Jaimee laughed.

"I'm gonna tell him."

"It don't matter. Ain't like he could catch me when i run. He's too slow." he smiled and Jaimee laughed.

In ten minutes, Jaimee pulled up infront of his school.

"Here put this on." she said once they got out the car.

"Cool!!" he yelled. It was a birthday hat with batman and spiderman on it. All the kids were looking at him and tried talking to him but he ignored them causing Jaimee to laugh.

Jaimee held his hands and walked him inside school and to his class where some of his classmates were, along with his teacher.

"Ah! Good morning King Menefee. And happy birthday." she bowed.

"Thank you miss Sullivan. You may sit now." he smiled and she did as told while he took a seat at his regular spot and spoke to his classmates who handed him gifts.

"Good morning Miss Sullivan." Jaimee smiles and walk over to her desk.

"Good morning Mrs. Menefee. I suppose you had a wonderful start." she smiled.

"I did. What was that about?"

"Oh that." she laughed. "So Monday, i told the class that i would act like their servant if they spell five word on thursday and got them right, which was yesterday, and apparently, Jacion and Kamiila took up the challenge and won." she smiled.

"That explains it." she mumbled and nodded.

"So how are you and addition number 2 doing?"

"We're doing good actually.".

"Thats great to hear." she gave her a genuine smile. "Oh." she got up and stood at the door. "Good morning princess Kamiila." she bowed.

"Good morning teacher." she giggled and went to her seat.

"Looks like Jacion's getting the love." she fold her arms and stood next to Jaimee who held a smile.

"Looks like it."

They watched as Kamiila pulled out a neatly wrapped gift and tapped Jacion's shoulder. He looked at her with a mug on his face and took the gift. Thet exchanged words and she stormed off looking angry.

"Mom can you take these home for me please." he handed her the gifts he got.

"Sure. I'll see you later."

"Okay." he said and ran off.

"Bye sweet heart." Miss Sullivan gave her a side hug and went to her car.

As she open the back to put the gifts in, she felt as if someone was watching her again. She looked around but didn't see anyone so she got in her car and head to her next destination.

Since her shop was opening in the next 3 days, she had to do the finishing touches.

"Bitch where you at?" Krishna said over the phone.

"I'm almost there. I had to pay my bills and pick up Jada."

"Aite. I'm waiting." she said and hung up.

Twenty minutes later Jaimee pulled up in the parking lot and they got out then head inside. Simce Krishna was there before her, she had already filled out a form for her.

"Mrs. Menefee." the receptionist said in a bored tone.

"Here." Jaimee said and the three of them went to the back where the doctor was waiting.

"Good morning ladies. How are thou?" he smiled.

"Thou is good." Krishna said while making a call. "I'ma be right back.

"And good is everyone." Jada said while texting someone on the phone.

"You dumb for that." Jaimee said while laying on the bed and the doctor laughed.

"Alright. I'm gonna do the ultrasound and see how healthy you and the baby is, then tell the gender if you want me to..." he trailed off waiting on the answer.

"I want to know." she said and he nodded while Jada used Jaimee's phone to video everything.

He got started by rubbing the cold gel on her stomach when she lifted her blouse and started moving the device around.

"You hear that?" he ask and Jaimee nodded with a smile.

"It's heartbeat is normal. Everything seems perfect." he said. "Hm."

"What? Why you do that?" Jada ask.

"I uhm. Hear an irregular heartbeat." he said while pressing buttons on the device. A smile formed on his lips while he looked at the monitor and moving the device around.

"Yow doc, you bout to give me a heart attack. What's good doc?" Jada said while setting up the phone in the corner since she couldn't hold it anymore because of nervousness.

"It seems like you're having twins." he said and removed the device then wiped her stomach off.

"Shut the fuck up." the both of them said in unison and he laughed.

"Congrats Jaimee. I'm gonna have these printed out to tell the gender." he said and they nodded. "I'll be right back." he said.

"Congrats sis." Jada said.

"Thanks. I'm so happy. My own set of twins. I guess that early morning and midnight sex paid off." she mumbled.

"What?" Jada shot up her head from her phone.

"Nothing." Jaimee said quickly.

Jada was so engrossed in her phone and the conversation she was having, that she didn't hear Jaimee speaking to her.

"Aye!"

"Yeah sorry. What you said?" she locked her phone and put it face down in her lap.

"Who were you talking to?" Jaimee ask.

"Nobody." she said.

"Jada."

"I wasn't talking to anyone."

"So you was over there moving your hands around and staring at the screen?" Jaimee ask.

"Yeah." she shrugged.

"Jada don't lie to me. If you said you was on instagram, then I'd say okay even though i know it's a lie. Don't fuck with me, cause I'm not the one." Jaimee said.

"I'm sorry. I was talking to a guy." she mumbled the last part.

"Boyfriend?" Jaimee face soften.

"Yeah but please don't tell mom or lissa. Please?" she begged.

"Don't be doin nothing stupid, cause if mom and lissa found out that I knew, that's my ass."

"Thank you so much."

"So what were you talking about."

"He was just saying he wanted to take me out, no strings attached."

"Do you like him enough to go out with him?" she ask and Jada nodded.

"Yeah but mom don't want me to go nowhere without her following behind me." she rolled her eyes.

"Jada it's a reason why. And this is one." Jaimee pointed at herself being pregnant.

"I know." she mumbled. "But she could actually give me some space."

"Listen. Jada. I'm not being that one stuck up sister, and i know Jalissa isn't one, but I'm saying you're old enough to have sex and nobody can stop you. We all know this is what it is. But if you fuck up just know it's on you." Jaimee pointed at her.

"I know. He says he don't want that."

"And i know he's a damn lie. What nigga don't want to get their dick wet. If he's different, then I'll take my word back but for now, my mouth is on him and his actions. You a virgin right?"

"Yes i am. So can i go? Cause if i ask mom, she'll be like 'oh don't come back here, I'ma fuck you up'."

"I know she'd say that, but tell her and if it doesn't work out, I'll work something out for you." Jaimee smiled and so did Jada.

"Thank you so much."

"It's fine. But if you get caught and blame it on me, just know we gon have problems." she warned her.

"I won't." Jada smiled just as the doctor came back in.

"Got the results." He came in and waved a peice of paper in the air then sat down.

"Where's Krishna?" Jada ask.

"Probably on a call."

"Okay sooo... We are having...."

"Yo you need to quit with the bs." Jada said.

"A boy and a girl." he smiled.

"Biittcchhhhh." Jada yelled and Jaimee laughed at her expression while wiping tears from her eyes.

"Congratulations." he said and she thanked him.

She paid for the session and collected the ultrasound photos then they both walked outside with smile on their faces.

Jaimee spotted Krishna leaning on the trunk of her car while writing down something with a smile on her face. In couple more minutes she ended the call and looked at Jaimee who was smiling.

"So what are you having?"

"Twins." she smiled.

"I'm sorry i couldn't be there but guess what!" Krishna said.

"It's fine. What?"

"It wasn't easy but I just talk to Kim Kimble and she said she'll advertise the shop." Krishna grinned.

"Wait isn't she beyonce's stylist?" Jada ask and she nodded.

"No way." Jaimee said in disbelief.

"Yes way. And I also spoke to Jenny Bui. Even though she's in the Bronx, she hook me up with a couple people down here and they'll be at the opening also, Jason had a conversation with Bobbi Brown and yeah." she smiled and twirled.

"Wait hol up, ain't Jenny the one who did Cardi nails?" Jaimee ask and Krishna nodded.

"I fucking love you for that." Jaimee said and they laughed.

"Who's Bobbi Brown?" Jada ask.

"She's a professional makeup artist." Jaimee answered.

"I thought it was a man." She said and they laughed.

"So what did Jason said to bobbi?" Jaimee ask.

"He ask her if she could help with the production of the shop and she said if it's up to standard and of she likes it, she's gonna pitch in a couple products and invest in it."

"Wow." Jaimee nodded. "Today's a good ass day."

"Girl the New Year doing you just right." Jada said and got in the car leaving them to talk.

"Kris i couldn't thank you enough." Jaimee said and Krishna pulled her into a hug.

Jaimee looked over Krishna's shoulder seeing the guy that keeps stalking her. She pulled away slowly and watched as the guy crossed the road.

"Whats wrong?" Krishna ask, noticing Jaimee's expression.

"Hi. How are y'all doing?" he walked up to them.

"Fine." Krishna said dryly while Jaimee looked at him. "Who are you?" she fold her arms.

"I'm Isiah. Isiah Lee."

"Is this the guy you were telling me about?" Krishna ask Jaimee and she nodded. "What do you w-" she was about to say until he cut her off.

"I'm sorry but you're one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life." he said.

"Thanks. But i ask y-"

"Now walk away from me." he walk away.

"Aye! Come the fuck back here." she grabbed onto the back of his shirt, pulling him back onto the ground. "Don't ever fuck with us aite?!" she choked him for dear life.

"Wa- i" he tried to say but couldn't.

"If i ever hear her say she see's you again, trust and believe you ain't gon live to see next year. And thats only in a couple hours." she punched him causing him to black out.

"Get in and go." she told Jaimee and she nodded and went inside the car then did the same.

****

Jaimee made her way to the shop while Krishna followed her.

"What time is it?" Jaimee ask.

"1:23." Jada answered and she nodded. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm shocked though."

"Right like the nigga is huge and he let little ol Kris knock him the fuck out. Unbelievable." she laughed and so did Jaimee.

She turned in her parking lot and turned the car off just as Krishna parked beside hers. She noticed that some of Jason's men were already here with their tool's.

"Did mom ever teach you to drive?" Jaimee ask Jada while looking for the keys in her bag.

"Yeah she did, then Zack taught me and allowed me to get my license after." she smiled.

"Good cause i need you to pick up Jacion for me please. I have to wait on the rest of the furniture and interview some people for the job spot." she said and got out once she found the key.

"No problem. What time his school end?"

"Two thirty five." she said.

"Jay they here." Krishna smiled and looked down the road at the IKEA trucks. They pulled into the parking lot and backed up near the entrance of the shop.

While the men removed the stuff from the truck, Jaimee signed the paper and allowed them to finish while instructing them where to put what.

After couple minutes of them fixing stuff, Jamiee handed Jada the keys to pick up Jacion. She watched her drive off and was impressed. She said a silent prayer over the car then called the school telling them Jada was picking him up.

"Jay where you want this?" Krishna ask while the men held up 4 medium sized mirror. She turned around from speaking with one of the man to answer.

"Over by that wall." she said and they nodded and got to work.

"Hi I'm Phillip and this Gregory, are you Jaimee Menefee?" a guy ask once they walked in the shop."

"Yeah hi. You must be from Buckhead Glass?" she said and shook their hands.

"Yes ma'am. Where should we start?" they ask.

"It's just the entry door." she showed them.

Phillip nodded. "This can be done in two hours tops." He said and Gregory agreed.

"Thank you. I'll be over there if you need anything." she said and they got to work by removing the old glass doors.

"Mommy!" Jacion yelled and ran to hug her legs.

"Hi baby. How was school?" she lift him up.

"Mommy put me down." he stale faced her.

"Alright." she laughed.

"School was good. I got more presents."

"You're populat now huh?"

"Always been ma, you know the ladies love lil Jace."

"Boy get from here." she laughed and ruffled his head.

"Excuse me." one of the guys said. He was passing with one of the table.

"Sorry." she moved out of their way.

"Jay i brought water for them." Jada said holding a case of water for the men.

"Thanks. Guy's if you're thirsty, water is over here!" she semi yelled so they could hear and some of the men paused what they were doing and grabbed one then resumed working.

"Some people are coming in." Jada said while looking outside.

"Oh. Kris they came." Jaimee said.

"How are we gonna do that when somebody have to instruct the men." she said.

Jaimee thought for a while. "Jada!"

"Yeah!" she yelled over the noise and went to Jaimee.

"I'm gonna ask you for a huge favor."

"Sure. Whats up." she said and slid her phone in her back pocket.

"I want you and Kris to interview them for the job please. And don't fuck up." she looked between both of them and they nodded rapidly, seeing how serious she was.

"Jada some paper is in my car, y'all are gonna write down who you think fits perfectly and what category they fit in. Pick anyone who you think is good enough and make sure they have their contact info written down on the application form as well as their resume. Okay?"

"Got it." they said and she gave Jada her keys and she walked off.

"The tattoo shop is closed today since it's New Years Eve but i ask Roman if i could borrow it just for this. I'm begging on my life Kris don't trash it." Jaimee sighed.

"I won't." she said and Jaimee handed her the key.

"Good luck."

Krishna walked off and Jaimee followed behind her with Jacion to address them. While Krishna went over the tattoo shop that was across the street, Jaimee looked at all of them. It was about 23 of them from her judging.

"Thanks for coming." she got their attention and they smiled brightly. They all wore interview attire except for a girl who looked like she wasn't coming from home. She was pretty though.

"I'm Jaimee, the manager. I won't be interviewing you but they will." she pointed at Jada and Krishna who was waving at them from the shop. "Please make your way over there and good luck." she said and watched as they walked off.

Jaimee went inside and the men were almost done with the door seeing it was 4 pm and still early. They wipe the glass down back and front.

"That's it Ms. Menefee." Douglas spoke while Phillip took up the old door and placed it in their truck.

"Thank you." she said and pulled out a cheque she had written up for $1120 and placed a tip of $100 on the paper then gave it to him.

"Thank you." he smiled and left before giving her a test run on the doors.

"Mommy I'm hungry." Jacion said.

She pulled out a caprison and honey bun from her bag and told him to eat it on the bench outside. Jaimee had brought snacks because she knew she would be here for a long while and he would get hungry soon.

"No. I want that over there by the table." she instructed one of the men and he did as told. She watched as Jason's men did their job with the Ikea crew.

She looked across the street and saw people coming out, since they did the interview already. She sat in one of the chairs that was still wrapped in plastic and sighed in releif since her back was hurting her.

"We're finished ma'am. It was nice doing business with you." one of the men from IKEA said and she gave him a tip for all of them.

She took out $200 cash for the four men that was left and watched as they moved about, putting things on the wall and fixing stuff how it should.

"Here." she said and gave the main man once they were finish. She sighed and sat back down in the chair.

"Mommy are you alright?" Jacion said.

"Yeah." she said and he nodded. "Baby I'm sorry we couldn't go anywhere, mommy had to do this." she said.

"I understand that business comes first if it's important." he said and she smiled.

"Why was Kamiila angry today?"

"Because she's too competitive."

"I thought you like competition?"

"I do but she's a girl. She should stay in her lane. Are you ready?" he said and she laughed."

"I'm almost ready. My backs hurting."

"See... This is why men act the way they do. I ask you if you straight, and you come around and say 'yeah.' he mocked her. "We can never understand you." he face palmed himself with his little hands and walked off.

"Don't get ya ass beat on ya birthday."

"I'm sorry mommy, i promise i won't cut up no more." he begged and she looked at him.

"Move." she told him and he did just that.

She pushed herself out of the spin chair and looked around at how it was set up nicely. It was just as she imagined. Jason was the one to help order the furniture and miscellaneous items. She went in the storeroom and noticed it was packed and thought Krishna must've ordered more stuff.

She opened a box that was nearby and realise it was cleaning products for the white chairs. She opened another medium sized box and it was airwick freshmatic with 10 different freshners. She smiled and closed the door then saw Jacion sitting on one of the cream ottoman by the door. He was swinging his feet, looking sad.

"Are you mad at me?" he ask when he saw her. "I'm sorry i said that. I didn't mean it." he stood.

"I'm not. Just watch your mouth next time." she said and he smiled. She held out her hand for him to take it and they walked out after turning the lights off. It wasn't dark outside but it almost was.

They made their way over to the tattoo shop and entered, seeing only two person left.

"Sit here baby." she told Jacion and gave him her phone to play games.

"Hi." she greeted them and found where Krishna and Jada were.

When she found Krishna, the person was leaving and she stood.

"How was it?" Jaimee ask.

"Girl I'm tired." she stretched.

"Its just two of them have a bunch of high class shit on their resumé i don't think you can pay them." Krishna gathered the papers.

"I'm gonna interview the others then."

"Yeah, you do that." she gave her a pat on the back and walked out.

Jaimee sat her bag on the stool and went back to the lobby seeing only one person, and it was the girl from earlier.

"You're next. Jaimee smiled and held the door for her. She stood and Jaimee sat. "You can sit."

"Thank you." she said and handed Jaimee the papers. "I'm sorry if I'm not properly attired."

She was wearing a dark jeans with black hightop converse, a white t-shirt and her hair was natural and caught in a pony tail.

"It's fine... How old are you?" Jaimee ask since she couldn't bother look on the application form.

"I'm ninteen."

"Alright." Jaimee sat the papers down and leaned back.

"Why you want this job?"

"I need this job simply because i love to do hair and i always wanted to become a hairstylist but life wouldn't let me." she shrugged. "I'm poor, i have no stable home and i can barely eat. So this job would actually start me off." she said.

Jaimee stared at her with no expression. Jaimee can already see the personality Shamere showed and she loved it. And on top of that she's straight forward.

Jaimee picked up her resumé and application form and looked over it. Her application form was properly structured and her resumé was outstanding.

"You went to college?" Jaimee ask once she sat the papers down.

"No. I couldn't afford it."

"Aite. You're hired. I'll call you a week before the opening." Jaimee smiled and Shamere eyes widen.

"Thank you so much. I promise i won't let you down." she stood and left.

Shamere walked outside and stood at the entrance of the shop.

"Thank you Jesus." she smiled with tears rolling down her eyes. Shamere had applied to more than 20 business place and got rejected simply because of how she dressed and how she spoke. People just can't handle realness.

Jaimee knew she was suppose to call and tell them they got the job but she wanted to tell her face to face.

Jaimee grabbed her bag and walked out after turning the lights off. She saw Krishna holding Jacion while laying her head on his with her eyes closed and he was playing games still while Jada slouched down in the chair with the papers covering her face.

"I'm ready." She spoke.

"Finally." Jada groaned and handed Jaimee all the papers she collected.

"Ready for the opening on Monday?" she beamed while locking up the shop.

"Ecstatic." Krishna smiled.

******

Jaimee was now home with Keyeions family including Anais, and her family. Krishna was also here with Jason and their son, and Edward.

"It's almost 12." Jaimee said.

"New year, New me." Krishna said.

"Shut the fuck up bitch, you called me and tell me that last year. You aint fooling nobody." Edward said earning a laugh from everyone.

"And you need to change." she said.

"I ain't changing nothing, the only thing that's finna change is these cheques bitch. Na keep talking and watch i clap back on you hard." he sipped his wine.

"Amen sista." Jada said.

They all sat at the back of Jaimee's backyard waiting for the fireworks to happen.

"Oh Jacion."

"Yes grandpa?" he ate a peice of chicken.

"We got your birthday present."

"Yay." he dropped the chicken back in the box and Jalissa laughed.

His grandfather rolled out is gift and told him to remove the cloth.

"Oh my God." he screamed and jumped.

"Read the card baby." Jaimee's mom smiled.

He took the card from off the bike and read it outloud.

"From mom, grandma Linda, grandma Mariah and granpa." he read and started crying.

"Awww." they cooed.

"Why y'all want to bring this in the new year? I can't take it." Edward fake cried.

"It's okay." Claire rubbed his back and he stopped crying immediately.

"Thank you so much." he said and everyone smiled.

"Here baby." Anais said.

"Thanks." he hugged her and open the gift. "Thank you." he smiled and observed his present. It was a snow globe with a photo of him. He sat it in the bag of gifts he had already open.

"It's 11:59 guys. We have 5 seconds. Zack said and both him and Krishna started counting down until Anais and the kids joined in.

"5...4....3.....2....1... Happy New Year." they yelled in excitement and everybody was kissing lips and hugging each other.

Jaimee sat and watched them. She drank her water and looked up at the fireworks in action then down at her phone with a photo of her and Keyeion kissing. Jaimee felt left out because she didn't step into the New Year with her husband.

She then felt lips kissing all over her face making her giggle.

"Happy New Year bitch. You gon be my bitch foreva." Edward laid beside her.

"Same to you too." she smiled.

"Listen. I know that chocolate of yours ain't here. But just pretend his presence is. I know the feeling. Trust me." he said and wiped her tears. She laid her head on his shoulders and he rubbed her back.

Everyone was dancing in their pj's, since they were spending the night, and enjoying the night. The only thing missing as Keyeion.

Anais

Clark

Linda

Seguir leyendo

Tambi茅n te gustar谩n

Dark Sand Por RMRayne

Ficci贸n General

34K 1K 44
He put his hand on mine, stopping me from signing. "I need you to take this seriously. This isn't a game. This isn't a movie. If you sign this, your...
226 3 17
SHORT CHAPTERS ------ He rips my phone from my hand again and puts it behind him. "Tell me how it works then." "We have to kiss." He looks at me for...
137K 4.6K 31
[ COMPLETED] Excerpt: Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, ev...
286K 10.1K 22
I've been bullied since as long as I can remember. Dark skin is so this or so that. And it seemed to get worse when I gained weight. "Now not only i...