Until Death Do Us Part {KHR}

By randomcitizen_58

In a world where summons and humans make contracts with one another, not many humans had the gift. The gift w... More

Target 0: Warnings - Please Read!
Target 1 - Prologue
Target 2 - Raven
Target 3 - Chains
Target 4 - Questions
Target 5 - Tsunayoshi
Target 6 - First Impressions
Target 7 - Arena
Target 8 - Lal Mirch
Target 9 - The Immortal Skull
Target 10 - Breakfast
Target 11 - Unexpected
Target 12 - Are You Okay?
Target 14 - Letters
Target 15 - Preparing
Target 16 - True Motives
Target 17 - Shopping
Target 18 - Melbourn
Target 19 - What Happened?
Target 20 - Ready, Set...
Target 21 - The Airport
Target 22 - The Flight
Target 23 - Morning
Target 24 - The Ballroom
Target 25 - The Ties Which Hold Us
Target 26 - Day Two
Target 27 - A Day Out
Target 28 - The Dinner
Target 29 - Three's a Crowd
Target 30 - The Ceremony
Target 31 - He Knows
Target 32 - Storm
Target 33 - Sun
Target 34 - Gentle Rain
Target 35 - Cloud
Target 36 - Lightning
Not-So-New Year's Omake Special
Target 37 - Mist
Target 38 - Chaotic Rain
Target 39 - The Meet-Up
Target 40 - Kawahira Pt. 1
Target 41 - Kawahira Pt. 2
Target 42 - What to do, What to do...
Target 43 - Hot, Hot, Hot!
Target 44 - Encounter
!Message Wall!

Target 13 - Confidential

4.5K 221 118
By randomcitizen_58

It has been a long time since he had seen his younger brother. Too long. An indescribable feeling bubbled in his chest as he thought of it; was it joy? Excitement? He did not know.

He would have to keep his feelings and personality in check while he visited- it would not be good if their bastard of a father would find out about his eldest's plotting, not when Giotto had gotten this far.

Walking through the surprisingly pristine hallways of the academy, his cerulean eyes scanned the plates nailed into the doors. It was not long before he had found the Principal's office, knocking on the door gingerly.

Taking the faint, "come in," as a visible sign of approval, he entered the room. The principal of Melbourn academy was a tall, confident woman who was very beautiful, not to mention intelligent and kind. 

Her hair was dark, further highlighting the graying strands of hair weaved throughout the dark locks. Her eyes were a steely gray, pinning down anyone and everyone in her line of vision. She glanced up from the paperwork littering her desk, eyes immediately widening at the person who stood before her at that very moment.

"Mr Sawada, is there anything you need?" She asked. Giotto looked over at her, his steely blue eyes gazing at her.

She watched his every move, eyes trained on his face. "I need to know where Tsunayoshi is currently, and where his dormitory is," he demanded. Her lips were pursed at this point before she stood up and walked towards one of the various file cabinets in the room.

Roughly opening one of the drawers, her fingers expertly flipped through the files until they suddenly stopped, grasping a record between her index and middle fingers.

She tugged the file up, catching it and pulling it out. Her steely eyes pinned the man down, looking especially suspicious of him as she pushed the record towards him.

"Everything on Tsunayoshi Sawada from these past two months; his dormitory, speculations of his melbourn type and strength from a certain incident, as well as detailed recounts of the incident from staff. I think you will find it quite interesting."

The blonde flipped through the file, skimming over one of the logs. His eyes widened a flash of surprise racing through the cerulean orbs. "Thank you for this, Maria," he whispered, turning on his heel and walking out of the room.

She looked at his back as he walked out. "I hope you can get through to him before he destroys himself, Giotto. Your little brother is more unstable than anyone might think."

--={&}=--

It had already been quite a weird day for Tsunayoshi. After the little scene with Reborn in front of the group's house, the raven dragged the brunette back through the portal and stayed with him in his dormitory.

Thus, he had seemed to have gained a roommate (the man refused to leave the Sawada alone ever again after that display). He didn't know if this was technically allowed at their school, but he couldn't exactly say he was disappointed.

He didn't like living alone. Although living alone was better than living with an abusive roommate or his family, he still got lonely quite often.

"Are you absolutely, a hundred percent sure that you can stay here?" Tsuna asked, obviously concerned about the rules which bound humans and Nerilians together. Typically, humans can only stay in the Tartarus plane for a week at most, the same law applying to Nerilians and the Gia plane as well.

However, if the human/Nerilian has a pact with a Masuta/summon, they can stay in their partner's plane for as long as the other lives.

The problem with this rule in the current situation was that Reborn was not contracted with Tsuna or any other human (as far as said brunette knows).

"Sure it is. I'm way more powerful than a normal high-class summon, so I can stay here as long as I'm with you," he said.

"Since I still can't violate the law unless I want the Vindice to lock me up, I can just kinda bend the rules a little bit. Think of it as... the more power you have, the more you can bend the rules! I can stay as long as I like if I have a human accomplice to keep an eye on me."

"Normal high-class summons can stay for up to two years with a non-contracted human for supervision, middle-class summons can stay for about six months, and low-class summons don't have the strength to bend the laws at all."

"Do you get it now?" He finally asked, turning to Tsunayoshi from where he casually sat on the stray couch in the living room.

The brunette nodded after a moment of thought, his locks bouncing with the simple movement. "So, I'm basically your babysitter?"

"Basically."

Tsunayoshi Sawada turned around and walked to the kitchen, leaving their conversation with that statement and began to work on their later lunch. Luckily, the brunette only had two morning classes which were relatively short- compared to the two-hour Nerilian history classes he had to take the previous year, anyway -so Tsuna had the rest of the day clear of lessons.

It was almost suspiciously convenient.

Just as the boy was finishing up the quite lunch meal, three knocks sounded on the door. The dormitories did not have bells, quite strange for a school which was funded by almost every government around the globe, however the reason for this is quite simple:

The bells were unnecessary. Although they were more convenient than knocking in some ways, the school's dormitories are remodelled and rebuilt every decade or so, which meant that more money would be spent by implementing doorbells.

Furthermore, they were a complete and utter, unnecessary waste of the school's resources- the school houses many dormitories and other housing units throughout its campus grounds, but the school still had to pay for all of the things any other school would.

Books, pens, pencils, rulers, erasers, bills, rent and even more general possessions like textbooks. As a Masuta academy, they also had to pay for the custom textbooks which were updated every decade, especially made with the correct knowledge for 'gift'ed students to learn.

Thankfully, the academy was given funds worldwide because they would have never been able to afford these specific, unique resources otherwise whereas regular schools only get funded by the government which runs their country.

All of the things regular schools, whether public or private, buy and provide for their students are mass produced; textbooks, exercise books in A4 and A5, including various colours, etc.

The doorbells would be a waste of time, money and a needless safety hazard if the doorbells were to short circuit.

Reborn stood up from the couch, walking past the kitchen to open the door before the brunette could even process the sound. Hastily, the raven-haired man swung the door open to reveal a well-dressed blonde male on the other side.

The raven quirked his eyebrow, giving the man a quick glance. "And you are?" He asked, his voice cold and sharp. The blonde, although he was always composed and stoic, had visibly shivered at the undertone of threat in Reborn's voice.

"My name is Ieyasu, but most people refer to me as the Vongola Decimo, Neo Vongola Primo or Giotto di Vongola. You are?" Ieyasu responded.

The two names the blonde goes by, Ieyasu and Giotto, are considered as "mirror images" of each other, so to speak.

The founder of the Vongola, Giotto, had been the boss- or "Primo" -for years before the betrayal which came from his mist guardian, Daemon Spade. After the Primo decided that the Vongola was getting too toxic because of Daemon's meddling, he and his guardians moved to Japan.

Thus, Primo left the Vongola to Ricardo, the second Vongola boss. Giotto had then changed his name to Ieyasu Sawada, living the rest of his life away from the mafia world.

Because of Ieyasu's uncannily similar appearance to Primo, many of his subordinates have called him Giotto instead of his legal birth name.

It had become similar to an alias. However, it was more like a nickname almost everyone he had ever been associated with had given him whereas Vongola Primo's name was legally changed to Ieyasu, which was an authentic, constitutionally recognised alias.

"My name is Reborn; I am Tsunayoshi's current guardian. Now, if you would kindly leave before I cannot control myself and shoot you through the brain with a bullet, it would be greatly appreciated. And it's not because of any particular reason, either; I just don't have a way to recycle your body after I do it."

Ieyasu's eye twitched in annoyance, his perceptive orbs scanning the details of the other male's face intently. It was as if he was trying to crack a code or solve a particularly troublesome puzzle.

"You're a summon, are you not? What are you doing here? Do you have a contract with someone?" Giotto's questions flowed out of his mouth like a river, streaming across a mountain side.

"No. I assume you haven't seen a high class summon, have you kid?" Reborn asked, clearly unamused by the conversation he was having and the person standing in front of him.

"Actually, I have several high-class summons contracted to me. One of every type," Ieyasu replied, his tone almost cocky and arrogant. Pride; one of the seven deadly sins, and indeed the downfall of many.

It was a grave mistake to show a deadly sin in front of someone who was the reincarnation of a deadly sin in everything but name.

"Is that so? Too bad a twink like you could only dream of being the Masuta of one of my comrades or me."

A flash of interest appeared in the blonde's eyes. "Anyway. I am here to check up on Tsunayoshi. Now, would you move-"

Before Ieyasu could enter, the raven stopped him from doing so by blocking his path, successfully stopping him in his tracks. "No. I will not," Reborn retorted.

An icy silence covered the area, but it was only when they heard a crash behind the raven that they had begun to unfold from their stationary state. Reborn dashed to the kitchen in alarm, only to see the brunette sitting on the floor rubbing the crown of his head.

Next to him, was a large pan. Surveying the scene, he noticed that Tsuna probably wanted to get the pan from where it sat on one of the higher shelves on top of the pile of pots. However, he was too short, so he jumped up to catch the handle.

Sadly, instead of wrapping his fingers around the handle as he intended, he pushed the handle down which shifted the pan's centre of gravity, making it fall from the pots. The pan smacked the brunette on the top of the head, consequently forcing the Sawada to move backwards slightly from the force.

The same force would have most likely made him stumble backwards, tripping him up. "Are you okay?" Reborn asked, worry coating the words.

"Yeah. This happens all the time..." The boy trailed off, seemingly lost in thought before his eyes subconsciously trailed towards the pan. The raven shook his head at the boy, scowling.

"Then why don't you change the arrangement of the cupboards?" He asked as if it were the most obvious and logical decision for the predicament in which the brunette was in. In a certain sense, it was.

If one thing doesn't work for you, change it around a bit and see if that works better. Efficiency in things like cooking, which is essential for survival (death by starvation does not seem like something anyone would willingly want to experience) or travelling is imperative.

Likewise, if storing the kitchen utensils in higher places like cupboards fastened to the walls simply does not do the owner any justice, they should switch it so that the foods are in the closets while the utensils are in the cabinets stuck onto the ground.

You wouldn't want to be grabbing for a knife and accidentally slip- if the blade were to fall from the cabinet... well, the outcome is quite apparent.

"I don't have the time to rearrange everything. With the bullies breaking in sometimes and everything, they'd probably mess it up somehow anyway, and I don't want to do it all for nothing. Besides, there's a lot of foods and utensils so, again; the time is tight."

Reborn huffed, dropping his head with depressing lines running across the side of his head comically, showing his distress. "Since I'll be living here from now on, you don't need to worry about that. I can help now, too, you know."

The blonde had gone unnoticed, and it took a lot of self-restraint for Ieyasu not to curl up into a ball in a random corner, sitting there all depressed.

Completely ignored by two  people!!! Unbelievable! He cried. Finally, Tsuna had noticed the blonde. "Ieyasu-san?" He asked, his eyes widened in shock at the person standing in the doorway with such a dejected look plastered onto his face.

Finally! The man thought, although he flinched at the foreign and formal way his younger brother had addressed him with. "Tsunayoshi," he greeted monotonously, as per usual. Reborn continued to scowl at the blonde, disinterest in the man dancing amongst the worry for the younger male, and venomous animosity directed at Ieyasu as he stared at him.

"I suppose you're here to check on me because of Iemitsu, aren't you?" The young male had asked, even though it sounded more like a statement than a question.

It wasn't long before they had settled down on the couch in the enclosed living room- Tsuna had suggested that, if they wanted to talk, they might as well get comfortable.

"How are you doing, Tsunayoshi?" Ieyasu asked, hiding his genuine concern under the formal tone and a detached manner.

"Confidential information," Reborn commented.

"Grades?"

"Confidential."

"Friends?"

"Confidential."

"How are your finances?"

"Confidential."

"Favourite colour?"

"Confidential."

Ieyasu snapped. "How the hell is that confidential information?!"

"You really want to know?"

"Yes!!"

"Confidential."

The blonde stood up and stomped out of the dormitory in his blind rage, making everyone think twice before approaching the seething man.

Tsunayoshi turned towards the ravenette, frowning. "Did you really have to do that?" He asked, almost disappointed in the raven. Reborn, of course, took no notice of this and swept it aside. He merely looked at the brunette and smirked, placing his index finger to his lips.

"That's confidential."

Edited: 14-10-2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 106 30
.‒♫‒♬‒ANIME VARIOUSΓ—OC‒♬‒♫‒. *From a God to a Princess,from a Princess to a mafia boss, from a mafia boss to a ninja,from a new ninja to a hero,from...
58 3 1
UNIVERSITY SEMI-AU! When Sawada Tsunayoshi finally came to Italy to take over the position of Vongola Decimo, he was expecting the toll University wo...
102K 3.1K 43
SLOW UPDATES. I'M SORRY. You live, and you die; it's as simple as that, right? Then why did I find myself living a life in another world after my dea...
548 42 6
"I'm sorry." Reborn paused as he took a deep breath, "You summoned the strongest demons." He vaguely gestured to himself and the other dumbstruck dem...