guarding my angel || "guardia...

By theoutsidersxo

I've been through a lot in the past year. But I never would've guessed I'd be pregnant with my boyfriend's ba... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
38

22

463 14 1
By theoutsidersxo

**Kayla's POV**

I've decided that, besides loving Soda, being a mom is my favorite thing.

I wake up every morning and hang out with Grayson while Soda's at work, and we have the best time. Lately, I've been shopping for baby stuff for the new house, and decorating everything has been so much fun.

The gang has been alternating who has Aliyah since everyone wants a chance to have her. All of the expecting families, especially Lauren and Darry, fight over who gets to have her each night, and it's so nice to see people excited for their futures with their own kids.

Tonight, we're having a big dinner with everyone, even Bailey. Everyone's been so busy with life since Christmas that we've barely gotten a chance to hang out. The wedding was the last time we were together, but that doesn't really count seeing that once the bride and groom took off we kind of dispersed back to our own places. Dallas and Alex get back tonight, so even they'll be able to come to dinner.

In a few days, I'm going to officially start working at the DX. Since it's just me and Soda, I'll bring Grayson with me, and while I'm working with Soda, Johnny is going to work the front desk and help watch Grayson. This way, we can all make some money and not have to worry about a babysitter. Plus, Johnny keeps saying how he needs to practice for his own baby, who's only 6 months away from being born.

Before the dinner, I have to clean up the house a little bit, get Grayson ready, get myself ready, pick up Aliyah from Victoria and Johnny's new place, and pick up the Winston's from the airport. They've been gone for 2 weeks, and I'm sure they had the time of their lives. I've always wanted to go to Florida.

I head into the kitchen with Grayson on my hip and set him in his chair. He smiles at me while I clean up the kitchen and dining room. He babbles little things every now and again, and I swear we have separation anxiety from each other because if it gets to be too long that we're apart, he'll either start crying or I'll feel horrible and run back to get him. After about 45 minutes of cleaning, he starts crying, so I put away the cleaning supplies and pick him up out of his chair, heading for his bedroom.

I put him into a striped onesie, then pull little tiny jeans onto his legs and put socks and baby converse on last. We then go into Soda and I's room, where I sit him on the bed. He just sits there and looks around while I pull on a loose grey sweater and black jeans, then my own converse to match his. After running a brush through my hair, I grab both of our coats and put Grayson into his carseat. I start the engine and we head for Johnny and Victoria's.

When we get there, I grab Grayson and we walk through the apartment complex.  After getting lost a few times, I finally find the right door. But before I can knock, I hear yelling coming from inside. 

"I asked you to clean up the house while I was at work today!" I hear Johnny yell.

"So what, I'm just your slave!?" Victoria fires back.

"You know I can't do it, I work now!" Johnny says.

"Oh yeah? So just have your pregnant girlfriend who doesn't have a job do all of the work around here! Do you expect me to clean the whole house and watch that baby too!?"

I can't listen anymore, so I knock on the door. The yelling ceases and someone comes to the door.

"Hey Kayla! Are you here for Aliyah?" Johnny asks with a smile. Still overwhelmed from what I heard behind the door, I simply nod.

"Victoria, will you grab Aliyah and put her into Kayla's car?" Johnny says.

"Can you at least help me get her things?" Victoria says with a sassy voice.

"You can't do it yourself?" Johnny replies.

"Did you forget that I'm pregnant!?" Victoria yells.

Johnny scoffs and walks back into the bedroom. I actually cannot believe I'm in the middle of this.

"I'll just meet you at the car," I say slowly and take Grayson back out to the car.

After a few minutes, I see them appear at the entrance to the apartment complex. I can hear them still arguing, but they quiet down when they reach me. Silently, they put Aliyah and her things into my car.

"See you tonight!" Victoria says happily. I half-smile and get into the drivers seat. Careful not to hit either of them, I pull away as fast as possible.

I actually cannot believe that just happened.

I've never been caught up in the middle of a couple fighting before, but that was something else. I mean, I know they just moved in together, but if this keeps up, I don't even know how the baby's life will be, and that's the most important thing.

My thoughts engulf me all the way to the airport. I pull into the lot where I'm supposed to pick the Winstons up, park the car, and grab both of the babies. 

We head to the end of the terminal and wait for them. After a few people make their way towards us, I spot the Winstons.

God, they seriously are the most beautiful couple, and their new tans are definitely helping.

"Babygirl!" Dallas shouts when he sees the three of us. Aliyah shrieks and reaches towards her daddy. Dallas scoops her up and kisses her cheek a million times. Alex runs up behind him and gives me and Grayson a hug.

"How was it!?" I ask her. She laughs.

"Amazing!" she says as Dallas gives her Aliyah.

"How was life in Tulsa while we were gone?" Dallas asks me. 

"Interesting," I say. "Let's talk about it in the car, we've got to get to the Curtis's for dinner."

We walk back out to my car. Grayson, Aliyah, and Dallas sit in the back and Alex sits in the front with me. We talk about the vacation, but I have the aching feeling I should ask them about the situation between Johnny and Victoria, just since the Winstons are so close with Johnny.

"So, did Johnny talk to you guys about anything while you were in Florida?" I ask them.

"He called once about halfway through the trip, but that's all," Alex replies. "Why, is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I say, and drop the subject.

We reach the Curtis's shortly after. We unpack the babies and walk inside, seeing that we're the last ones to arrive.

"There they are!" Soda yells and walks over to grab Grayson from me. He kisses my temple before returning to the gang.

"How was it?" Lauren asks.

"It was perfect," Dally says and wraps his arm around Alex's waist, pulling her against him.

"How were things with Aliyah?" Alex asks.

"They were great!" Bailey says. Everyone nods in agreement, making the Winstons smile.

"Well, dinner is ready!" Darry yells. Everyone rushes to the table and finds a spot.

Darry and Lauren set down an array of items - mashed potatoes, chicken, rolls, vegetables, and different sauces. As we begin to dig in, I begin to hear what I head earlier.

"Hey babe, could you pass me the chicken?" Johnny asks.

"Can I finish getting myself some first?" Victoria replies in an irritated tone, causing a few people to take notice.

I figured that would be the end, but it wasn't.

Later on, when we're sitting around in the living room, we decide to watch a movie. As Darry flips through the channels, Victoria yells, "Oh, let's watch that one!"

"Why don't you let other people decide, since you always get whatever you want?" Johnny says. The room gets quiet.

"Oh, I'm the one who gets whatever I want!?" Victoria yells. "I'm not the one who never gets told no by the gang because they're afraid to hurt your feelings!"

No one says a word. I look at Soda, and he looks just as scared as I probably do.

Darry leaves the channel on what Victoria wanted, and asks if anyone wants popcorn or chocolate milk. A few people mumble a response.

"Hey Johnny, could you grab me some water?" Victoria asks.

"What, you can't do anything by yourself?" he retorts.

"Alright, that's enough!" Dallas yells, standing up off the couch. "If you two are going to do this, go do it somewhere else!"

"Guys, we're sor-"

"Look, we understand if you two are having issues, just don't drag the rest of us into them!" Soda yells. 

"We're just trying to enjoy our night!" Ponyboy adds.

"Look, how about we take Johnny back to our place for the night to give you two some space, alright?" Alex suggests, standing with Aliyah. Johnny aggressively nods and walks out the door, not bothering to say goodbye to anyone.

The Winstons leave after him, and shortly after, Victoria leaves too, without saying a word.

"Oh my god," is all Lauren says to break the silence.

"I've never seen that side of either of them," Bailey says slowly.

"Does anyone know when the fighting started?" Jessica asks.

"When I went to get Aliyah today, they were just like this, so I'm assuming it's been a little while," I tell the gang.

"Let's just go home, thank you Darry," Soda says and helps me stand up. I wave to everyone and see everyone making plans to go home too.

"That was insane," Soda says when we get to the car.

"I think I liked our silent version of fighting a lot better," I say, letting out a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.3K 761 33
They are just friends... that have some benefits. Well that's the problem, they are friends with benefits. They never wanted to fall in love... it ju...
24.3K 349 24
❛ 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲...❜ started :: 3.13.22 finished :: 7.10.22
409K 6.8K 41
Just some good ol' imagines of your favorite seven guys. [No longer taking requests]
42.6K 1.4K 26
falling until i fell for you. ━ © HAYLS 2017 - 2018. THE OUTSIDERS. COMPLETED.