Broken Bride ✔ {EDITING}

By Brokenbutterfly420

Colton Bertenelli believes every women is a gold digger, liar, cheater, and will leave you at the end, all al... More

About the book
Cast
The party - 1
Dinner - 2
The Merge - 3
Spilled the tea, thrice - 4
Don't do it - 5
Memories - 6
The Wedding - 7
Honeymoon in the Conference room - 8
Couples toggle war - 9
Invitation -10
Drunk - 11
Blood and Smoke -12
Had to let go -13
Cure -14
The Run away - 15
Wake up Call to reality - 17
Epilogue (18) - New Beginnings

Doomed into Darkness - 16

20.8K 535 112
By Brokenbutterfly420

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Serene's P.O.V

Present

                                                                          ~~~

It felt like time froze around us and the surroundings disappeared. My mind hazy and my vision blurry with unshed tears.

Tears of pain. Tears of my past. Tears of all the pent up anger and hurt.

I never thought my faith would be broken, and it would break me. Seeing Colton before my eyes right now, brought back the whirlpool of emotions, drowning me and I feel like suffocating. Emotionally and physically. 

Lost in my thoughts and pain from my heart constricting against my rib cage, everything happens to fast I forgot I was breathing. Colton takes his hands off my mouth and I breathe in as much cool air as possible. It burns my nose and lungs.

One of the drunk men comes near us, baring his teeth at Colton, whose ready to pounce. His sinister laughter resonates in my ears and I cower away into the cold, rough brick wall. Colton throws a first punch at the man, making him stumble back in pain. He curses and holds onto his eye, the drunk fucker is distracted and looking down so Colton swings another punch, right through his nose.

I hear a barely audible crunch either coming from Colton's knuckles or the drunkard's nose. Making him fall to the ground. Another guy comes at Colton, trying to be the hero but one of the guy pulls him away, knowing Colton will kick their asses, when they are not in a stable condition. So they all take off like a bullet.

Or so I thought until, I feel a dull, aching pain spread through my skull, like a bunch of tiny knifes pierce through the tenderness of my scalp. My breathe left me in a whoosh, feeling my trachea closing and It feels like its being twisted and my lungs swelling inside of me. Making my body go numb.

A searing siren like pain go through my temples, repeatedly. My vision immediately blurs, fading the panic and horror look of Colton's face, as well as his noises. The pain is so intense making everything around me move slowly. Darkness taking over and I feel my heart beat slowing down but its so painfully audible in my ears.

My knees hit the pavement and I fall limp in his arms, I choke on my breathing and the last thing I felt was cold, thick blood running down my nose. I was clinging onto something, refusing to go into darkness, the panic making it harder to stay awake.

Colton's P.O.V

The clinging noise of the metal hitting against the pavement gets my attention, my heart skipping multiple beats when I witnessed the lifeless eyes of Serene's, that is still ingrained in my head. Her eyes widen in pain and her face paled as she tries hard to breathe. I thought I lost her then and there. Drunk, pissed off fucker hit her with the metal pipe in the head, and he runs away.

I try to run as fast I could on my powerless legs, but I quickly caught Serene's limp body in my arms before she completely hit the pavement.

Red, hot anger coursed through my body, I was debating on laying her on the ground and go after that fucker and kill him with my bare hands but I knew I couldn't leave her. She was gasping in my arm, and choking on air.

Her body was cold and she felt like a feather in my arms. Her familiar warm smell cascaded me, making me bring her closer to my chest. I inhale her smell, the longing for her brings tear to my eyes. I grab her chilled, hand in my hands, holding them tight.  I notice it has no ring in it.

The ring meant alot to her, I never thought she would ever take it off. Knowing she doesn't wear it anymore felt like someone kept a heavy rock on my heart.

But now her hand is bare and empty just like our emotions and our hearts.

"Serene please keep your eyes open. I can't lose you," I whispered, slightly shaking her. Blood was seeping through her nose, I felt a hot tear roll down my eyes. I said anything that came to my mouth, begging and, hoping nothing happens to her. I was praying she makes it.

Her eyes were closed and she went completely into the darkness. With trembling hands I took out my cell and dialed 911. Mean while they were on their way, I picked her up, cradling her in my arms and walked out of the alley, going out in the light. 

The paramedics strapped her in the bed and taking her to the nearest community hospital. I was currently stalking restlessly in the hall near the I.C.U room where my wife was held. I was hoping to get some news on her condition, it has been hours and yet I got nothing.

My head was pounding with the dull ache, and I was feeling anxious. But the fear was there in the pit of my stomach making me want to throw up, I can't lose her like this. The worse scenarios popped in my head. But I refuse to think about them.

I was purely in shock at first when faith finally decided to unite us, coming face to face with Serene tonight. Ashland was the last place I expected her to be in. I got an email that I was invited to the Charity event for the Orphans. The Hensley's were invited as well but Jake was the only one going to show up, at least I had some company. Alex didn't want us to go, he was hell bent on telling us to skip it but I ignored his irrelevant bullshit, because this was important to me.

Dad and I was suppose to go together but I was forced to come here without him. Dad wanted me to take a break from work, so I can just join this event. Old man wasn't the CEO but he still acted like the tough boss he was, which made me still obey him no matter what. He still had the same aura of a strong, tough but compassionate. Which was why everyone still preferred him over me.

The event is in two days from now, but I like to be prepared for important events such as this so I landed this morning. I went and finished up any left over work from my hotel room. I got a text from Jake, asking me to look up for a good lounge/bar in the town so we can hang out. He was on his way from the airport and he said he needed a drink. I shook my head at his text, I didn't drink anymore but I couldn't shoot down an opportunity to kill time with that clown.

I was waiting at the lounge for him, drinking my Margarita Mocktail. The place was quiet with a few couples and youngsters here and there, chilling. An hour passed and I looked like a dumass who just got stood up for a date, I was going to kill Jake because people were starting to stare. I looked at the door hoping he walked in but he was always a slowass or either he picked up a woman on his way and took her to the hotel.

I decided to take a walk outside, I was suddenly starting to feel low. It has been a little over a year since my recovery and I have been getting back in shape, physically and mentally. But I knew a small piece inside me was missing, it always would. I got a nagging feeling in my heart, making me feel lonely, and dropping my mood immediately. I knew it was from missing Serene, not having her in my life makes me feel empty but I knew better to go and find her. I was slowly getting practiced into dealing better with my feelings.

I took the back exit of the lounge, in the alley. Ashland was beautiful, I could see small peeks of mountains, in the distance and leafless winter white trees. The air was chilly, I rubbed my hands together to get some warmth. My thoughts went back to see where Jake is, pulling my phone out I texted him to check up on him. 

"Get that bitch!" A unpleasant voice yelled, that was very distant but It was audible in the quiet dark alleys. Shaking my head at the immature fuckers. I was going to go back in the lounge to get back to the hotel, but I quickly turned around when I heard jingles and harsh, quick footsteps. I furrowed my brows in concentration hoping I am not getting mind fucked and start to hear things just because she is always on my mind.

I heard the foot steps get near as well as the same jingle noises, this time I can hear the harsh breathing as well. I start walking towards the other alley, there are small narrow alleys lined up like a maze, they were thr back of the buildings.

As I walk closer to the noises skipping a few alleys, something didn't feel right, the feeling in my gut didn't sit well. I see a small shadow on the pavement, getting longer and crawling up the brick wall, signs of the person getting closer. The blood drains out of my face, when I hear more clear voices that are slurred.

Someone is in trouble, as this thought crosses my mind the next second the figure comes horizontally in front of me, running past me. I can't see her face because its dark but instinctively, I grab her hand and pull her towards me and pushing her against the wall.

I cover her mouth to prevent her from making any noise, hoping the bloody bastards pass right by us. When I tilt my head to get a better view of her, the light behind me flashes right on her familiar hazel eyes and her face.

Oh her beautiful, familiar face.

I had to do a double take, I feel my eyes widen like saucers for a second. My heart stutters and takes a leap playing a crazy wild, rhythm in my chest. I couldn't fucking believe my eyes, that the same girl whose world I destroyed is right before my eyes, fighting for me to let her go. I see the panic in her eyes but the moment she hears my voice dread fills her eyes.

Then I see pain in her eyes making my heart squeeze, the image wakes me back to the present with the same image of my wife in pain.

"Sir, we got an update on your wife." I immediately get up and walk up to the doctor.

"Is she okay, Doctor." I stutter breathlessly in anticipation. My heart is beating to fast hoping she is okay and alive.

The doctor nods, "Yes she's responding to treatments. She had a concussion that caused her to slip into coma. We're just going to have to wait for her to wake up."

The ringtone of my phone, get my attention away from the distress thoughts. Seeing Jakes name on the phone, makes me sigh in relief.

"Where you at man?" He says the second I answer. I scoff, I should be the one asking him that.

"Where the fuck were you at?" I pressed my words firmly, asking him instead.

"I was," I hear him clear his throat, "at the hotel....Ofcourse." I roll my eyes, I knew he was up to no good.

"You sound so....tired and upset. You ok?" I don't even know how to answer him.

"It's a long story but I am at the hospital...Uh..I found Serene, and she got hurt and we're here."

Silence is what I was expecting.

 "Asante Community Hospital." I knew he couldn't really form any words so I just answered for him. I heard him say 'how' but I quickly hang up refusing to talk more on the phone. 

•••

"You should call Alex and let him know," Jake said. I look over at him pacing the hallway, and something clicks my mind. I wasn't an idiot but he surely was.

I scoff,"Remember when Alex told us he knew about Serene's whereabouts? And when we were booking the tickets for this event Alex was flipping out..." I let my statement hang, knowing he would catch on.

"Oh fuck, so he didn't want us to see her...Damn!" He says absentmindedly.

Alex was afraid I might find her, so he was protecting her. I am fucking beyond thankful that I came here and found her but I always manage to fuck things up with her. I was trying to protect her but she somehow still got hurt. It makes me feel so worthless in her presence.

I know she won't ever take me back and I will accept it wholeheartedly even though it leaves a bitter taste behind. But I will make her go back to her family so she can have her real happiness back and I will terminate the contract, let her fly so she can fully recover from her broken wings.

Somethings are just never meant to be.

••••

One more chapter to go and this book is wrapped up. :(

So Sorry for the late updates!

Thank you so much for the votes, comments, and the views!!

Please Check out Deep within The Deserts!

Love you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 456 18
Riley Matthews went to Las Vegas for her best friend and her Uncle's joint Bachelor/Bachelorette party, but fearing that she would never find happine...
1.2K 71 17
I tucked Ava in her blanket and then went towards my room, and as I'm about to enter I heard moans. I heard Hailey moaning. I heard my Hailey moaning...
281 5 34
Follow hearts on this journey through love, matchmaking, heartbreak, cheating, grief and friendship "In the presence of others you have to keep yours...
2.2K 127 57
Emerson Vermont, high school senior just wants to graduate and leave her hometown and all the drama (she probably caused too) behind. But what you wi...