Spazzheart || Stranger Things

By 80sLov3r

"Say it. You think I'm pretty cool." When Hawkins lovable spaz, makes it her mission to make both Hawkins da... More

Summary.
Cast.
Epigraph.
1| America's Spazzheart.
2| What a slam-mess.
3| Near Death Experince.
4| Halloween.
5| Trick-or-Treat.
6| Drunk.
7| Survivor.
8| Middle Fingers.
9| Magic.
10| Today.
11| The Kids-
12| -Aren't Alright.
13| Don't Stop Believin'.
14| Small Talks.
15| Small World.
16| Amused.
18| Smile.
19| Stronger Than Ever.
20| Summer Friend.
21| Thunder.
22| One Foot.
23| What You Know.
24| The Kids. Pt1
25| The Kids. Pt2
26| Little Talks. Pt1
27| Little Talks. Pt2
28| Little Talks. Pt3
29| River.
30| Oh, boy. Pt1
31| Oh, boy. Pt2
32| Nothing Looks The Same.
33| The Choice.
34| Another Me. Pt1
35| Another Me. Pt2
Autor's Note.
36| Payback.
37| Awkward Pizza Party.
38| Class of 1962.
39| The Internship.
Authors Note.
Tyrell House.
40|Let it all out.
41| Guilt.

17| There's a Ghost.

8.3K 326 126
By 80sLov3r

-The human souls is a treacherous place.
•••• •••• ••••

Sully took in a deep breath, as she messaged her forehead. She felt the pounding and throbbing sensation on the center of her temple. She know understood why many called a migraine a toothache of the brain.

The feeling was unbearable, and Sully had no clue on what's causing it. Her brain felt crammed and she was able to feel the pressure from all over, pushing in.

Meghan was in the middle of jotting down
Mr. Bullis's lecture in her note book, when she heard a small whimper come from her side. She turned to see a pale Sully leaning her head against the wall beside her for support.

"What are you doing?" She asked, making the blonde bob her head a little at the sudden interaction.

"My head feels hot for some reason." Sully croaked, opening her eyes before shutting them, "And the wall is cool, so I'm using the temperature to cool my headache. Even though, this is a tad bit unsanitary." 

Meghan shot her friend a concerned look, shuffling her desk closer to Sully, so she could check up on her. As she pressed her head on Sully's temple, the raven-haired teen shook her head. "Sully, you can't do this. Go home."

"I should be fine in a couple hours." Sully opened her eyes once more, and regretted it when seeing Meghan's glare. "What?"

"I've known you since we were in the third grade, and you never been sick. Sure, you would have the sniffles and what not, but remember in the 7th grade, it's was around winter an everyone in our grade but you got the flu."

Sully raised an eyebrow at Meghan's explanation. "Your point is?"

"My point, Sully, is that maybe you should go home and rest." Meghan replied. Sully shook her head, causing Meghan to sigh, "Okay, how about a compromise. If you don't feel better by lunch, I'm taking you home."

Sully was about to decline the offer, when the crushing pain traveled from one side of her head, to the other. "Deal." She strained through clenched teeth as she tighten her fist.

After seeing Meghan send her an approving smile, Sully lowered her head onto her desk, and stayed in position for the remainder of the class.

When the bell rang, signaling everyone that first period was over, Sully wanted to remain in her seat, and she would have, if Meghan didn't pull her up from the chair and dragged her to the girl's locker room. While her classmates were undressing themselves, Sully made her way towards the gym without changing into her gym uniform. 

The first thing she noticed when entering the gym was how empty it was, which was a little disturbing. Normally, she would wait until the locker room was nearly empty, before changing into her gym wear, making her the last one to leave the locker room. She walked towards the bleacher when she heard the door open.

"Tyrell? Is that you?" Coach Manner shouted.

"Coach Manner." She nodded.

The older man was surprised to see his least favorite student in class early. He took in the girl's appearance and came to the conclusion that she would not be participating in class today.

"Due to your lack of gym wear, I'm guessing you sitting out." He paused, setting down the bag full of equipments, "You know, you should tell your mother that I let you sit out during class. How is your mom by the way?" He asked, making the blonde wrinkle her nose in disgust.

"She's fine." She mumbled, "Still married to my father." Sully reminded him, while heading towards the bleachers. She peeled off her jacket and folded it up into a makeshift pillow. Laying on her stomach, she placed her head on her jacket and closed her eyes, deciding to take a nap.

Steve Harrington walked out the locker room with Fuller by his side. The tall teen refrained from rolling his eyes at his teammates plan to knock Billy Hargrove off his high horse, and thought about his current relationship with Nancy. He hadn't seen, or heard from her since yesterday, and he was beginning to worry.

He nodded along, humming in agreement every once in awhile to whatever Fuller was saying, when he noticed that his shoes were untied.

"Hey, man. I'll be right back." Steve cut off the large-teen, before jogging towards the bleachers and taking a seat to tie his shoe. He leaned down, with his chest touching his knee, and quickly looped his shoe laces together.

After double knotting them, he tighten the laces with all his strength, causing him to bring his elbow far back, and hitting them against the back of Sully's head. Steve scooted away from the girl in a flash. Staring wide eyed at the blonde, deeply confused at the fact he sat so close to her head, and barely noticed her laying there. He silently watched as she moaned before lifting her head up from her jacket, and met his eyes.

"Sully? Shit, Sully. Are you okay?" Steve quickly came to the girl's aid. He placed a hand on her jaw, leveling her face to be adjacent from his.

Sully narrowed her eyes at the blurred figure in front of her. Her mind was a little hazy seeing as she was in the process of falling asleep. She didn't even register that the reason she was awake was due to Steve's boney elbow bluntly hit the back of her head. She blinked once, and squinted her eyes when her vision began to focus, and raised an eyebrow at the upperclassmen whose hands were touching her.

"Can I help you?" She slurred, her voice thick with sleep.

Steve got a closer look at the girl's appearance, and bit his lip from saying anything that might be taken the wrong way.

Sully Tyrell did not look well, and it was concerning. Steve grew up living across the street from the girl, and even though he was a grade above her, she was incredibly smart when it came to science, making the spastic girl be a grade ahead in every science class she's had since the 6th grade. This meant that she was in a class above her own, and it was always his science class he underclassman was always in. So, he knew about how Sully never get sick. The worst thing she could show up with was a runny nose, but even that only lasted for a few hours before she was okay.

The girl in front of him was not the Sully Tyrell, Steve Harrington knew. The blonde's face was blotchy and flushed. Her large-watery, brown eyes were bloodshot and were slightly swollen. The normally healthy looking teen, looked sick.

"Are you feeling okay, Sully?" Steve asked, slowly removing his hand away from the girl's face, and examine it closely, "You don't look so good."

"Didn't your mother tell you there's some things you don't say to a woman." Sully huffed, sitting up straighter, using Steve as leverage. "Even if they look like crap, you lie to them and say they're the most beautiful creature you laid your eyes on." She mumbled.

This caused a chuckle to leave Steve's throat as this seemed to be a sign that the blonde wasn't totally gone. He raised his hands to her forehead and let out a low whistle at the hot touch. "You're really warm. Do you want me to take you home after class? I don't mind missing lunch."

"I made a deal with Meghan that if I'm not feeling well, I'll let her take me home, but thanks for the offer, Steve." She genuinely smiled at the boy with the perfect hair.

"Anytime, neighbor." He smiled back.

As the two continued to converse, both were unaware of the leering eyes of Billy Hargrove, who did not like the face that  Steve and Sully are interacting. He let out an angry snarl at the sight, "We're gonna burry Harrington and his team."

When seeing that both the junior class, and senior class were present, Coach Manner blew his whistle. "Okay, everyone get in the same teams you were in yesterday. And play ball!"

Billy smirked as he walked towards the center circle, getting himself into a crouching position. His eyes were directly set on Steve, who awkwardly followed Billy's movements, and crouched down as well.

As the two waited to hear the whistle, Billy ran his tongue over his sinister grin, "You're going down, Harrington."

And with that, the whistle blew, and the game begun.

••    ••    ••    ••

Steve stood underneath the shower-head and let the scorching water burn his skin as he began to think about his relationship with Nancy. Again. He let out a sigh, and closed his eyes, mentally wondering where it all went wrong, and how come he wasn't able to pick up the signs that should have been clear.

In some way, the water brought him peace, something he hadn't been feeling in quite some time. But like all things, lately, in his life, it just had be ruined.

By Billy Hargrove of all people.

"Don't sweat it, Harrington." Billy chuckled at the visibly distraught male when he past him, slapping him on the shoulder. "Today's just not your day, man." He shrugged, turning on his shower and worked on his chest.

"Yeah. Not your week." Tommy H. tagged along with Billy's taunt, "You and the Princess break up for a day, and she's already running off with the freak's brother."

Steve looked at his former friend with confused eyes before casting his gaze onto the floor, making Tommy laugh from his spot in the showers. "Oh shit. You didn't know?" The freckled-teen turned off his shower, and reached over to get his towel. "Johnathan and the Princess skipped yesterday. Still haven't shown. But that must be just a coincidence, right?"

Billy took in this new information with a smirk, as he continued to scrub himself down. It wasn't until his new friend made one last remark that he didn't find amusing, making his smirk turn into a frown.

"This year sure is starting to become interesting. The Freak and the Princess, and the Former King and the Spaz." Tommy chuckled, making Steve look at the pale teen with an bemused expression. "Don't think we didn't see you all buddy-buddy with Little Miss America's Spazzheart." He shook his head in amusement before walking towards his locker, leaving Steve alone with his thoughts, and Billy.

Billy regained his composure, and leaned against the shower pole, wearing his signature smirk. "Don't take it too hard, man." He gave out a sniff, and shut his water off, "Pretty boy like you, got nothing to worry about. Plenty of bitches in the sea, I'll be sure to leave you some." He boasted.

He then leaned over to shut Steve's water off, leaving the boy with all soaped up, and his hair heavy with shampoo. Steve, baffled by this action, turned to look at his classmate when he saw the fire within Billy's eyes, making him drop his soap from shock.

"And keep your distance from Sully." Billy warned him with a hard glare, and pearly smile.

Steve remained silent, as he was truly at a lost for words. He watched Billy sauntered off towards the lockers, before turning his water back on and finishing up his shower.

With a towel firmly wrapped around his hip, Steve walked up to his gym locker while drying his hair, and quickly put on his clothes before exiting the locker room.

Upon entering the hall, Steve was met with a small body jumping into his line of view.

"Sully?" He looked down at the short blonde, "Hey?"

"Hey, Steve? Remember how you offered to take me home after gym? Meghan missed a test  yesterday due to her doctor's appointment, and now has to retake the test during lunch, and I was wondering if you mind taking me home. My head really isn't feeling well." Sully nervously played with her fingers. Her lips were drawn between her teeth, and her naturally rosy cheeks were flushed, whether it be from a result of embarrassment or her current health, Steve did not know.

"Yeah. I remember." Steve chuckled, "Let's go. I wanna leave this hell hole as soon as possible." 

"Then let's go." Sully hiked her bag further up her shoulder. She glanced up at Steve, and furrowed her eyebrows when seeing the annoyed expression on the boy's face. For a quick second, she thought that it was directed towards her, and felt bad about asking him for a ride until she realized that his eyes weren't on her, but on something behind her.

Sully peered over her shoulder, following Steve's gaze and was surprised to see where it landed.

On the other side of the hall, stood Billy Hargrove. The denim wearing male was surrounded by a flock of people, who praised the Californian as they listened to Tommy H. retell the previous basketball game. However, all Billy could pay attention too was Steve and Sully.

Without any warning, he pushed himself off the set of lockers, and walked towards the two. His icy eyes met Steve's brown ones, before landing onto Sully's red face.

"Harrington." Billy drawled out, "Sully." He nodded, taking in the girl's visible health.

"Hargrove." Steve spat, making Sully take a step back from the hostile scene. Her large eyes flickered between the two males before her. She silently watched at the two intensely glare at one another, while falsely smiling at one another.

"What are you guys doing?" Sully bluntly asked, "Like, the whole glaring and smiling combo is really weird. Not to mention awkward to anyone watching."

"It's nothing you have to worry about, Sully." Steve turned his attention towards the short girl, before grasping onto her elbow, "Come on. Let's go to my car."

Just as Steve began to move, Billy quickly shot his hand out, and grasped onto Sully's other elbow, holding the girl in her place.

"Where are you going? We have lunch in a couple minutes, then fourth period. I thought you were against skipping?" Billy questioned, pulling Sully away from Steve, and closer to him.

"I'm going home." She replied, her eyes falling onto Billy's large hand, and how easily it wrapped around her arm. "Why?"

"So, why is Harrington taking you home, then?" Billy chuckled humorlessly. The sound alone sent unwanted chills down Sully's spine. She looked into Billy's eyes, and saw nothing but anger in them. 

"Because we're neighbors?" Her answer for him came out like a question, because she could not understand why Steve Harrington taking her home was such a big deal. He's done it before, sure, Nancy Wheeler was also in the car with them, but it wasn't unheard of. They were neighbors after all.

"Hey, Billy." Steve called his newly made arch-enemy by his first name for the first time since they met. "Let her go, dude."

The bell rang, defusing some of the tension between the three teens as they all scanned their surroundings, finding themselves in an empty hallway.

When seeing that there were no extra eyes, Billy harshly shoved Steve away from him and Sully. Sully shook her head as she watch Steve tumble slightly, regaining his footing, but it was already too late. Billy was already heading towards the school's parking lot, his hand still locked onto Sully, dragging the poor girl behind him.

"Billy? Billy. Billy. Let go." Sully whined. Her words came out in soft pants seeing as she had to lightly jog to keep up with Billy's long legs, and large steps.

"You wanna go home, bumblebee. I'm taking you home." He growled. His grip on Sully's arm tighten, as he harshly yanked her towards him. They hustled through the  parking lot, walking past many cars, some rusty, others shiny until they reached the navy camero.

"Billy. I think it will be easier if Steve took me. I mean, he is my neighbor and all. Plus, you don't look well." She pointed towards the crazed look in his eye. His sun kissed tan turned red, and the veins on his neck and temple protruded from his skin.

When Sully Tyrell eye's first landed on Billy Hargrove, she couldn't deny the obvious fact that he was gorgeous. Even if she just wanted to be friends with the new kid in town, she still had eyes, and she was attracted to him. It wasn't his face that made her swoon, it was his eyes. Those dazzling eyes. But now, as she stared upon those same set of eyes. She wasn't sure if this was the same boy that she shared fries with at Benny's Burgers.  

And she did not want to get in a car with him.

"Billy! Stop it!" Sully shouted, she tried to yank her arm out from his grip, but it only resulted in him tightening his hand.

"Why should I Sully? So, you could go in Harrington's car and do him. I thought you had a little more respect than that. I mean, if you want to do someone, it might as well be me, because then it might actually be worth your time." He chuckled.

"I'm not like that." She whispered. Her voice fell so low, he could barely hear her, and he was only a feet away from her.

Billy had no idea what came over him. He remembered his plan he drew up last night, and he was now doing the exact opposite. If anything, he was being a dick, and making matters worse.

After spending a night in the life of Sully Tyrell, it made Billy both angry, and relaxed. In some ways, it was nice seeing a family who are genuinely happy, a tad bit weird, and are overall loving people. But then he remembered his own home life, and he found himself resenting Sully. He wondered how come there could be people like Sully, with amazing parents, and a loving father, while some kids grow up in a cold home. Billy wanted to hate her, he wanted to make her school life a living hell since her home life his so damn perfect, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

It was something he found odd. He knew it wasn't because she was a girl, because he would have no problem in ruining someone like Carol, and even Nancy Wheeler's reputation, if it meant bringing him joy only for a couple of seconds. He wasn't sure why Sully was different.

So, his new plan was to just avoid the energetic blonde, and leave her be. That was until he saw her conversing with Steve. Then he decided to step in, and do whatever means necessary. 

Billy turned on his heels to face Sully and let out a snort when he saw the look on her face. Her blonde curls blew in sync with the wind, moving away from her face, and giving Billy a clear view on the hurt expression she wore. Sully's large eyes widen, and the glassy look they had before, vanished. It was replaced with unshed tears. He wasn't sure if it was from his grip, or the crude words that fell from his lips. 

Sully drew in a quick breath as the pressure from Billy's grip got to her. She was afraid that if he squeezed any tighter, he would snap her bones. "Billy-"

"What Sully? Actually, this could serve as a teaching purpose." He spat out, glowering down at her, "Seeing as Harrington doesn't know how to listen, maybe you might."

"Billy, your hurting me." Sully whimpered, giving her arm one last tug to freedom.

His stare was cold as he leaned his face close to her. Sully could smell the pack of cigarettes he smoked for breakfast as it lingered in his breath. "Never disobey me." He whispered.

Sully froze up in her spot. She heard footsteps running up to her from behind, but she was to shocked to move. Billy let go of her arm, and tossed Steve one last glare before heading towards his car.

"Hey, are you okay?" Steve used his body to block Billy from Sully's line of vision when he saw her eyes still locked onto his figure.

"I-I don't know." She mumbled.

Sully felt Steve grab onto her hand, and guide her towards his car. He opened the passenger door for her, and helped her inside, before shutting it behind her, and rushing around the car, sliding into the driver's seat.

A sudden wave of nausea struck her. The urge to vomit became overwhelming making Sully helpless. Never had she felt this awful, and she had no clue why. This followed by a striking pain in the middle of her temple. With her free hand, Sully raised it to touch her temple when a voice filled her ear.

She peered over her shoulder, her eyes landing on the camero that was still in its parking spot. She saw how all the windows were rolled up, and shook her head at the thought that was running through her head.

She turned her body back towards the front of Steve's car, and pressed her back against the seats.

"What was that about, Steve?" Sully breathed. Her fingers lightly grazed the red hand print on her skin. Her eyes welled up with tears, but it wasn't from her head ache, or the burning sensation that she was feeling on her arm. "Why didn't he want me to go with you?"

"I would tell you if I knew. But I have no clue on what's going on in that psycho's head." Steve sighed. He looked down at his lap, silently cursing himself. He wasn't though enough to stop Billy from dragging a helpless Sully out the school, and he hated that.

Sully winced at the word 'psycho'. She had no idea why she did it. After all, he did show signs of being one seeing as he dragged her through the parking lot, and proceeded to yell at her. 

"I'm just angry." She shook her head, "If that was Tommy H. or any other asshole, I would have gotten psychical, you know? Like kick them in the balls, or bit their neck. But, I just froze, and continued to let myself be tossed around like a rag doll."

She looked over at Steve, and saw him quickly close his mouth. She raised an eyebrow at the boy's sudden action, before nudging his shoulder. "Don't hold back, Steve. This is an open car."

"Like you said, if it was anybody else, you would have been in your feelings, then go nuts. I've seen you throw some hurtful words at Tommy, and myself back when I was a mega ass." Steve explained. "Sully, you look like your about to cry. So, what's the matter? Really?"

"It's just. I never knew Billy was capable of doing something like this. I didn't know Billy would yell at me, or think so lowly of me." Sully bit the inside of her cheek in annoyance as her voice wavered. "I don't even know why I care about what Billy thinks."

The dark-haired male observed his neighbor quietly as she explained herself. He watched as her nose crinkle with every two words, and how she would rapidly blink whenever saying Billy's name, in hopes of keeping tears from falling. Her small fingers played with the ends of her hair as she tried to remain calm.

Steve sent the blonde a look of pity, knowing all to well the emotion she is currently feeling. 

"You like him."

When Steve's words fully registered in her brain, Sully threw her head back, and laughed. She forgot about her head ache. She forgot about her bruising arm, and her messy appearance. She bet she looked like a fool in front of the cute senior, but she did not care. In some weird way, this is what she needed. A laugh, to a horrible observation made by Steve.

"I do not like Billy Hargrove." Sully shook her head. She smiled, before wiping the two tears that escaped.

"Trust me."

_____________________________

So update. I'm really sick. Like never been this sick before sick. 2018 is off to a great start...

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!
What was your favorite part?
And thank you all for all the love this book is getting! It means the world!
❤️❤️❤️
Song of the chapter- There's a ghost by Fleurie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

565K 19.5K 39
-cherry wine แตแตƒหฃ แตแตƒสธแถ โฑแต‰หกแตˆ "her eyes and words are icy" -How the new girl in Hawkins meet...
337 14 13
โžณ i've fallen in love for the first time and this time i know it's for real. โžณ [ in which hawkins goes bat shit crazy once more and the twins and th...
1.9M 46.2K 62
ใ€๏ปฟ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜๐—ผ๐—ป x ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ!๐˜ฐ๐˜ค ใ€‘ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ, Aven Hargrove was only seen and known as his twin, until a heartbroken boy pulled...
180K 3.7K 46
a story where an unlovable girl learns what it means to love and be loved. {oc x dustin henderson} {oc x eleven hopper} {disclaimer: I do not own st...