18| Smile.

-Smile, the worst is yet to come

•••• •••• ••••

It was clear that Lucas Tyrell was good looking, even when he would often joke about his appearance, and girl's reactions to him, it wasn't stretched.

He was many girls first crushes. Due to his face, and charming qualities, he has a swarming of girls devoting everything to him, and it felt nice. He liked the attention, and he liked the idea of being loved by everyone.

Just today, he was invited to five different parties, asked out to ice cream, and when he made a comment about wishing lunch could come sooner, he was given two sandwiches, a Twinkie, and a bag of chips. Each from different lunch boxes.

It was days like this, Lucas Tyrell often wondered what his life would have been like if he didn't hit puberty so quickly. Would he still be the center of attention, or just another face in the halls?

"I'm done." Lucas heard a voice come from behind his open locker. He peered over the slab of metal, and raised an eyebrow at the sight of an angry Max standing there with her arms crossed.

"Okay?" He drawled out, slowly closing the locker. "Done with what, exactly?" He sent the red head a confused glance, making the girl roll her eyes at the lack of brain power the middle school 'heartthrob' had.

"Dustin, Mike, and Lucas. The whole day they've been blowing me off, making it seem as if I wasn't a part of their party, and never will be." Max's words hurtled out, making Lucas sigh.

"Max. I like you. You're cool, and stuff." Lucas smiled, making the freckled girl think this was another way to charm himself into her heart.

"Don't make me hit you, Tyrell." Max scoffed, before pushing back a piece of her hair.

"Where's this Max?"

He suddenly asked, catching her off guard. She watched as Lucas hiked his bag up his shoulder, and turned his bright eyes on her. "Excu- what?" She spluttered.

Both the question, and the genuinely curious tone that Lucas held threw her off her feet. She stayed silent for a good minute, analyzing the boy to make sure that this wasn't some trick, which was something he was known for playing.

The brunette rolled his eyes, before propping his body against his locker, ignoring the looks he was getting from his fellow peers as he continued to openly talk to the new girl. "The Maxine Mayfield from sunny California. The one who doesn't take shit from no one. Do I need to remind you that you're the same girl who kicked me in the balls. Stating that 'you won't tolerate me talking to you a specific way', and was pretty much a badass." This made the girl smile, "Don't let them walk all over you. Show that same pizzazz to those nerds, that you 'kindly' showed me."

"Pizzazz?" She snorted.

"The pizzazziest." He smiled brightly, before tossing up some jazz hands.