All I Need (Vampire Diaries/C...

By louleecutie

Meet Serena Salvatore. A 162 year old vampire and the only Salvatore born to a Bennett Witch. After 50 years... More

1. The Vampires of Mystic Falls
2. Don't Crash My Car
3. I Hate Loose Ends
4. Let's Slumber It
5. Declaring My Undying Love
6. The Best Kind of Love Story
7. Eternity With Someone Like You
8. Serena Salvatore, Vampire
9. A Shit-Load of Vervain
10. Something A Lot Less Violent
11. I Saw An Opportunity
12. This Cloud of Grief
13. One Whiff Of Love And You're Contemplating Eternity
14. You Can Choose My Next Victim
15. A Hundred Reasons Why
16. Avenging The Whole Freaking World
17. I Have To Find Him
18. My Name Is Klaus Mikaelson
19. I'll Tell Her Everything
20. When We're Both In Hell
21. The 'I Was A Ripper' Pity Party
22: In The Face Of The Enemy
23. Some Old Witch Gave You A Bad Spell
24. I Did What I Had To Do
25. You're The Crazy Dysfunctional Original Hybrid
26. Who Needs Friends When You Have Power?
27. The Best Things Always Happen In Cemeteries
28. It's A Twisted Relationship
29. 500 Years Running From You
30. Being A Good Vampire Is Overrated
31. Long Time No See, Baby Salvatore
32. Don't Mistake My Trust For Kindness
33. Over And Over Again
34. Are You Ready For That?
35. I Wasn't Supposed To Be A Vampire
36. She's My Best Friend
37. The Black Widow Spider
38. A Girl With A Vampire Bite
39. I'm Different Now
40. I Know Who You Really Are
41. You Never Gave Up On Me
42. The One Causing All The Trouble
44. Bring Your Girlfriend To Work Day
45. The Avengers Know What You Are
46. Love, Heartbreak, Anger and Pain
47. We Fought For Peace and Quiet
48. I'll Never Regret Choosing You
49. We Could Be Unstoppable
50. The Problem Is You
51. Always Have, Always Will
52. Pandering To The Whims Of Niklaus
53. Sabrina The Teenage Witch Goddess
54. Maybe Things Would Be Different
55. If This Is How It Ends
56. Standing In The Shadows
57. Someone As Good As You
58. I've Always Wanted To Go To Paris
A/N - The End

43. All The Time In The World

1K 21 7
By louleecutie

After he left that note, I never expected to see him again. As much as I hated him for it, everything that he'd said was true. He was committed to saving the world, human life. How could he do that with a vampire by his side?

"Are you OK?" he asked softly.

I gestured to the ropes, then the stake that was still sticking out of my leg. "Do I look OK?"

"I'm sorry-" he started, before I swiftly cut him off.

"There's nothing you can say that excuses what you did," I said. "I can't believe I thought you were a good guy."

"Serena," Stefan interrupted. "We think it was Katherine."

I raised an eyebrow. "What was Katherine?" Hearing her name was strange, it reminded me once again that I felt nothing for her anymore.

Steve kneeled next to me, taking my hand. "Serena, I never would have left you of my own accord. And if I didn't want to be with you, I would have told you to your face."

"So you're blaming compulsion?" I asked.

"I'm a Supersoldier who was born in the 20's. I fight with Gods, assassins and genius billionaires. You being a vampire doesn't scare me off or make me want to run away. It only makes me love you more than I already did."

I inwardly gasped. "You love me?"

He nodded. "Do you really think I'd keep coming back here if I didn't?"

He laughed, and I laughed too, for the first time in what seemed like forever. He was right – either he was coming back to me because he loved me, or he was completely crazy!

"You can't just, come back here and profess your undying love for me and make me turn my humanity on, you know that right?" I asked.

"I know," he said.

I hesitated. "I turned it back on before you came down here," I informed him, smiling at Stefan, Damon and Klaus. "Because of you guys."

Stefan breathed a sigh of relief, mirroring my smile and cutting the ropes to set me free.

"I'll make it up to Elena," I promised him. "Whatever it takes, even if I have to spend the rest of our lives trying."

"I know," he said. "Now you have all the time in the world."

We hugged tightly, and any feelings of resentment that I had towards my brother vanished. Yes he'd made bad decisions, and yes, he'd hurt me more than anyone. But he was Stefan. He was good. And he was the person I loved most in the world, I wouldn't throw that away for anything.

"We'll be upstairs," he said, gently pushing Klaus and Damon towards the door, to give me time with Steve.

"Did Katherine really compel you?" I asked.

"I don't know," he answered. "But that's the only explanation I have. I'd never have left you if I'd had the choice."

I sniffed. "I hated you, y'know," I told him. "When you left I felt... empty."

"And then you found out about the demon," he said. "That couldn't have helped."

"You know about that?" I asked. Before turning my humanity back on, I'd thought that hearing the word 'demon' would have sent me back into a downward spiral. I remembered wanting to kill myself, wanting to regain the slightest bit of control over my life. Now I was stronger, I knew that it couldn't destroy me. I wouldn't let it.

"Caroline told me," he said. "She's the one that called me."

I smiled. "She's a good friend."

"And a good wing-woman," he said. "She called me your 'epic love'. I guess she wants us to be together?"

"I guess she does," I said. "What do you want?"

He leaned towards me. "What do you think?" he whispered, before kissing me. I don't care what anyone says, kissing with your humanity off isn't nearly as amazing as kissing someone that means something to you. Those kisses are the best.

We walked up the stairs hand in hand, to a room of four vampires (Caroline had joined the boys) who were trying their best to make it look like they weren't listening to our conversation.

'Thank you' I mouthed to Caroline, who smiled.

I let go of Steve's hand and walked over to Klaus.

"I owe you my life," I told him. He shrugged dismissively, but I refused to let it go. "Seriously Klaus, no one would have done what you did for me."

"Couldn't have my best friend going off the rails, could I?" He smirked his signature smirk.

"I'll never be able to repay you," I said.

"You don't need to," he said. "I don't do anything that I don't want to do."

"I know," I said.

He sighed. "I should get going. Someone's got to deal with the rest of Marcel's vampires."

"Do you need help?" I offered.

He smiled. "Serena, your family just got you back. They should get to enjoy you for a while."

I nodded. "Call me if you need anything. Anything!" I said. It felt weird that we wouldn't be running around the country together.

"I will."

"Don't just say you're gonna call, actually call me. All the time. Promise?"

He pulled me into an unexpected hug, which even seemed to take him by surprise. "I promise," he whispered. He was gone as soon as our embrace finished.

"So, is life about to become normal again?" Caroline asked excitedly. "No evil Hybrids, no Original Vampires, no super weird rituals?"

"Almost," I said, squeezing Steve's hand. "But there's something I have to do first."

...

I knocked on the door of the Gilbert house, hoping that Elena would be the one to answer so that I could get this over with. Unfortunately, it was Jeremy that came to the door.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"No," he answered abruptly. "She doesn't want to talk to you."

"Please Little G!" I begged. "I have to apologize."

"Isn't it a bit late for that?" he asked. "Unless your apology can reverse time and bring my sister back to life?"

"You have every right to be mad at me," I said. "But I have to talk to her."

"It's OK Jer," Elena said, coming into view. "Go upstairs."

He gave me a dirty look, before taking his sister's advice and going upstairs.

I looked at her sheepishly. "How are you?"

She closed her eyes, as if even contemplating my stupid question made her lose brain cells. Then she punched me, as hard as she could. I fell to the ground. Her newfound strength startled me.

"I guess I deserved that," I said.

"You did," she informed me, before holding the door open. "Come in."

I stood, slightly unsteady on my feet, and followed her into the house.

"Elena, I am so sorry," I said quickly. "I never should have touched you, you didn't want this. I know that saying sorry doesn't mean anything, but I have to say it. You have to know that I would never have done this to you if I was in my right mind."

"I know," she said.

"I would never have taken your choice away. I should never have taken my shit out on you, you didn't deserve this."

"Serena, stop talking," she said. "I forgive you."

I paused. "What?"

"I didn't chose this. I wanted to live a human life, to have children, to grow old with the guy that I love," she said. "But, the guy that I love, that I'll always love, is Stefan. A vampire. And I never would have been able to do that stuff with him anyway."

"Yeah, but you had time to decide, you could have made your own decision."

"I know. I could have taken time. I could have waited for a set of vampires to come and take me, to try and kill me for my doppelganger blood. I could have waited until Klaus decided he wanted to try and break the curse again. You kind of saved my life Serena."

"So... you're not mad?"

She thought about my question. "I am mad. My emotions are heightened, I feel rage like I've never felt before. In fact, I kind of want to punch you again."

"Punch me as many times as you want," I told her. "I deserve it."

"You do," she agreed with a smile. "But I also feel love like I've never felt before. You made a mistake and did something out of anger. But you're like my sister, and I love you Serena."

I pulled her into a hug, tears of relief coming to my eyes. "I love you too Elena."

...

"I should go," Steve said quietly early the next morning, making no effort to remove his arms from around me. Sex with the Supersoldier take-two was going a lot better – at least he was still here!

"Stay," I said. "Just for a few hours."

"I can't," he said. "We have a mission. I should already be back in New York."

"Ooh, an Avengers mission?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes," he said. "A dangerous mission."

"And you have to go be a hero, I get it," I said. Then a thought struck me. "Can I come?"

"You want to come on the mission?" he asked.

"Yeah, I want to help," I said. "I could be useful."

"I don't want you to get hurt," he said, kissing my cheek.

"Oh please, I'm probably stronger than most of you guys anyway," I said. "And if no one stakes me or tears my head off, I can't die, remember?"

He thought about it, then shrugged. "OK Ms. Salvatore. Are you ready to become an honorary Avenger?"

I smiled. "I was born ready."

**************************************************

Thanks for reading!

How do you think Serena's first Avengers mission will go?

Please vote and comment if you liked the chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 2K 37
It has been four years since Stefan has left Mystic Falls, due to all the drama and life threatening situations. There's also the fact of Elena leavi...
80.6K 2K 64
After both her parents pass away, Olivia is left with her uncles house in Mystic Falls. She finds people get hurt while she's around. But is there a...
37.4K 1.1K 24
Caroline Forbes lives in Mystic Falls. She is a 2 year old vampire, stuck as a 17 year old girl for eternity. Mystic Falls is known for its supernatu...
71.6K 3.3K 30
Everything has changed. 72 years ago, Elena's life was linked to Bonnie's by Kai Parker. All of her family and friends have patiently waited for the...