Elements: Rise of The Destruc...

Bởi Mklng13

High school. Pretty normal. Homework, classes, some class smarty pants, class clowns and even a skateboarding... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
Same Old, Same Old (Chapter 1)
Plot Twist (Chapter 2)
...Sensei? (Chapter 3)
Targets Identified (Chapter 4)
Magic 101 (Chapter 5)
Coach that burns! (Chapter 6)
Scars Don't Heal (Chapter 7)
Bandages can't stop the pain (Chapter 8)
Behind that smile (Chapter 9)
Love and Care the Orphanage (Chapter 10)
Separated at 4 (Chapter 11)
Orphan and adopted (Chapter 12)
Twins of Fire and Water (Chapter 13)
Super Strength (Chapter 14)
Just a replacement to you?(Chapter 15)
A Hole In My Life (Chapter 16)
Forced Passions (Chapter 17)
Teddy Bear (Chapter 19)
Mom? Dad? (Chapter 20)
Skates and Boards (Chapter 21)
Ice and Lightning (Chapter 22)
Not The Orphanage (Chapter 23)
First Battle (Chapter 24)
Staff of Misery (Chapter 25)
Orb of Portals (Chapter 26)
Relic of Reverse (Chapter 27)
As If I Haven't Already Raised Enough Kids (Chapter 28)
Something's Missing, but what? (Chapter 29)
Remember The Good 'Ol Days? (Chapter 30)
What's The Plan? (Chapter 31)
Meeting of Elements and Masters (Chapter 32)
Plans of Both Sides (Chapter 33)
Amy VS Captains and Generals (Chapter 34)
We Trust, You Lie (Chapter 35)
Sibling VS Sibling (Chapter 36)

Family Scars (Chapter 18)

11 0 0
Bởi Mklng13

Owen's eyes widen as his finger hits the call button. He puts his right hand in front of him as his parents' hands collide with his.

He staggers backwards, gasping then gritting his teeth in pain. His phone slips back into his pocket as his other hand freezes in place. He tenses up as the pain overtakes his senses. His veins turn black like his hand.

His parents are grinning, a dark shine to their eyes. His mom, the dark skinned, black haired and brown eyed woman looking as if she was enjoying this.

His dad, the tan skinned, brown haired, and green eyed man looking like he was waiting for this his whole life.

Owen couldn't move his hand away or use his other hand. "C'mon! Move!" Owen begged himself, he could feel himself starting to cry. "Please stop! It's hurting me!"

--

Ku looks at the paper he found in Alex's parents' house. He gritted his teeth. No, they do not deserve to be called his parents...they do not get that title, this little-Ku's thoughts gets interrupted by a phone call.

Something is wrong! Ku feels the wave of the feeling of danger.

He takes his phone out from his cloak pocket and sees Owen's number. Everyone is here..Ku starts to think about what might be keeping him.

He hits the green button and hears Owen's screams. He threw his phone and ran out faster then anyone's seen him.

--

Barely able to open his eyes, Owen sees a blurry image of his parents' other hand coming towards him. Yet...he still couldn't get himself to move...

The sound of the window shattering distracts his parents and they step back. Owen falls down, holding onto his right hand and crying out in pain.

Ku swings his staff at Owen's parents and sends them flying towards the wall. His parents stagger back up.

"Owen! What happened?" Ku turns and kneels in front of him.

"My hand! I-I didn't think it would hurt so much!" Owen gasps, trying to control his crying.

"Owen, that is the one thing you should not have done!" Ku's eyes widen at the sight of his hand. He carries Owen in his arms and jumps out the window.

Much to Ku's relief and annoyance, he finds the police waiting outside. Crap...they can not see his hand..Ku thinks to himself. He quickly takes out a paper from his pocket and scribbled a note on it. Then, he dashes past the police, leaving the note next to the same police man from last time.

--

Ku rushes into the treehouse. Everyone coming out to see where the breeze came from.

"Owen?!"

They rush over to Ku, who sets down Owen but gives him support for his top half that leans on Ku's leg.

Urana runs in with a kit and slides across the floor on her knees and opens the kit, taking out some chemicals.

"Oh thank goodness you know how to heal this," Ku sighs in relief. Remembering that he taught them.

"What in the world even happened?" Brenton questions, looking at the pale Owen who is gritting his teeth in pain.

"Is he gonna to be okay?" Alex asks, worry lining his voice and facial expressions.

"I sure hope so.." Ava adds, looking grim and concerned.

"He blocked magic using his bare hands...and none other than Eliminators' magic," Ku explains, looking ready to murder someone.

"Wait do you mean..?" Amy's eyes widen. Ku nods silently and watches Urana create a remedy.

"This'll hurts for a solid minute," Urana warns then injects the remedy into his hand.

Owen bites his lip to stop himself from screaming and calms down as his hand slowly returns to its natural color. He takes deep breathes, trying to grasp himself.

"Is it better now Owen?" Ku asks, looking at Owen's hand.

"Yeah...it just stings a little," Owen moves his right hand around.

"Oh thank goodness," Amy lets out a sigh in relief.

"You're okay!" Alex and Ava exclaim together and hug Owen.

"Guys...give him some room already," Brenton rolls his eyes at their childish behavior.

"Pfft, you're no better you know," Urana laughs.

"I'm offended," Brenton pouts.

"Good. You need someone to put you in your place," Urana smirks.

"Sasha's already doing that," Brenton shakes his head.

Alex and Ava finally let go of Owen from their bear hug...much to their dismay.

The dark look on Owen's face stopped everyone from making further comments. His breathing turns shaky as if he was trying to get a hold of himself.

"Owen...you good?" Urana asks, raising an eyebrow and putting a hand on his shoulder but quickly pulls back.

"Yeah. I'm GOOD. How can anyone be good when their PARENTS just attacked them?!" Owen starts out sarcastic then lashes out. Urana gives him a concerned look.

"Your parents...they attacked you.." Alex's voice trails off and looks down and tries to forget his own memories.

"Oh, I'm sorry...I-I didn't mean to make you remember..." Owen's face softens as he looks down at his hand. Ku takes Alex and gives him a big hug and hugs Owen as well.

"Are you going to go back? Or do you want me to handle it?" Amy asks, smiling softly at the hug.

"No...I will take care of the police, you just tell the Magic Council," Ku instructs and lets go of the two teen boys.

The teens look between their Sensei and their Coach, not sure of what to do themselves.

"You five stay here, Amy make sure to keep an eye on them. The parents might be coming back for more..." Ku's voice trails off as he turns on the heel of his foot and runs out.

The spell on that paper was from a series of magic spells that were destroyed...how these parents got their hands on them is weird..the spells belonged to the hunters of the Elemental Masters...The Eliminators...I can not believe their magic is being used. Especially at this time! Ku worries as he thinks about the teens back in the treehouse.

Those kids are still learning...they can not defend themselves properly yet...

--

Owen ignored everyone's efforts to make him feel better. Amy eventually shut the rest of them down and let Owen go to the back room for some peace. "Just holler if you need anything," Amy shuts the door behind her. Owen nods silently and sits on the couch.

He sighs, looking over all the pictures Sensei has up. It went from older photos to ones that looked more recent. He spots some pictures of them. He lets out a laugh as he looks at the picture of Brenton and Urana fighting each other. Then smiles at the picture of Brenton and Urana hugging in the rain.

It was a touching moment. I'm glad they found each other, Owen thinks to himself. He lets himself get distracted with the pictures of his friends on the wall. Even though they've only known each other for a month or so, he felt like he's known them since forever.

A lot of the pictures were of them sitting together or training or hugging. I bet if Sensei came to one of our games or events he'd definitely take pictures...Owen looks over at the other pictures with people he didn't recognize, carrying awards or playing sports. He gets up and walks over to the older pictures, squinting to look at the faded writing.

The only name he could recognize from all the pictures were Amy and Ku. Questions started to spin around Owen's mind about their past...about where they came from...about the other people in their lives. His curiosity getting the better of him.

He turns and starts to walk. Looking at the pictures from over the years and reached the pictures of him and his friends again. He stopped as he found a picture he didn't think Sensei would take. It was him and Urana arguing. Then another one of them working together during training.

Seriously? He takes pictures of EVERYTHING. How does he even get them? Owen ponders, then decides to flop onto the green beanbag.

Owen closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. So much for trying to distract myself...Owen sighs and puts his arm over his eyes.

Why would Mumma and Abu do that?

Where did they learn magic from?

Did they always know magic?

But why did they attack me?

Owen didn't understand. Heck, he didn't even understand why Alex's parents would abuse him. He didn't get any of it. Why would parents hurt their own kids? He couldn't understand. Are these parents just cold people? Do they not care? But doesn't every parent love their kids?

I guess that wasn't true about Alex's parents and mine...Owen sees the dark look of his parents again and jolts right up. He takes a deep breath and shakes his head. He felt the presence of his brother Jamil and turns around to find no one. He's not here Owen!

"Why..? Why would they hurt me? I did everything they wanted me to do...meet all their expectations.." Owen hugs himself and feels tears form. You're not alone, you can't cry! Stop it! But he finds himself crying harder anyway.

He wipes his tears away but they keep coming as he silently cries while hugging himself.

Is it because...I was sharing the top spot with someone else...?

--

Ku comes back to the treehouse, looking a bit annoyed. He comes up to Amy who was standing crossed arms, and looking through the glass at the four teens who were lazily punching the punching bag. "They insisted to go in there...I should just call them back in," Amy switches positions and leans forward. Putting her hands on the control panel and sighing.

"What is the sigh for?" Ku asks, standing next to Amy with a cup of coffee.

"Hello to you too Sensei...I'm just worried about the Eliminators' magic reappearing like that. It doesn't make sense..." Amy shakes her head.

"Someone must've gotten their hands on the scrolls. It's not like we destroyed those scrolls anyway. We assumed that because the entire place was buried and on fire," Ku reminds her.

"Yeah but when we went in, there was literally nothing left. Unless someone knows some really good spells for restoring things then they need to tell me," Amy replies, reminding him.

"Haha because you keep on destroying the punching bags on this planet?" Ku jokes, raising an eyebrow at Amy and smugly grinning.

"Rude!" Amy pouts and tries to push him. Ku laughs at her attempt as he stand in place. "Why are you made of steel?! Argh!" Amy throws her hands up in the air in defeat. That makes Ku laugh even harder.

"That is because I am way stronger than you and could beat you in less than five seconds," Ku grins.

"Okay, fine. That's true. You are WAY more powerful than me and I still can't beat you," Amy sighs in defeat.

"Aw, no need to get all sad Amy," Ku smiles and gives her a side hug.

"I miss your hugs," Amy laughs as happy memories flow through her head.

"Is Owen okay?" Ku asks, seeing that he wasn't down there with the others.

"I don't think so. He's in the back room. Maybe you should talk to him?" Amy looks up at him with worried eyes.

"Yeah I will do that. And give those guys a pep talk. They do not look like themselves," Ku releases Amy from the hug and walks towards the back room.

"Alright, I'll try. But you know they prefer you right?" Amy heads towards the door to go down there.

Ku stops his hand from reaching the door handle. "Amy! Enough of this!" Ku turns and glares at her. Amy sighs at his comment.

"Sensei...you know I'm-"

"Amy! You are not a bad mage. Stop beating yourself up because of your family that you did not even know," Ku sighs.

Amy shakes her head. Then goes into the training room. Ku turns the handle then knocks.

"Owen? Can I come in?" Ku asks.

"Ye-Yeah.." Owen replies.

--

Ku walks in the see Owen quickly drying his tears and trying to look calm and closed off. "Owen...are you okay?" Ku asks softly, then sits on the ground next to him.

"Fine...what happens with the police?" Owen asks, looking emotionless.

"It was kinda hard to cover up the magic use...but other than that, they had to arrest your parents because they were...actually trying to kill you..." Ku stops himself.

"Kill me?! No way in hell that's true," Owen shakes his head. His face and eyes showing disbelief.

"It is true Owen. I was not going to tell you but where would that get you? I will explain their magic because all of you are in more danger," Ku sighs.

"You know...that's not so hard to believe when I analyze it," Owen thinks.

"Why is that?" Ku raises an eyebrow.

"I wasn't good enough for them...I didn't come out on top...I'm sharing the top with someone else and that is not good enough..." Owen explains. "I'm a failure."

"Your parents care that much about education? And being the smartest and best?" Ku questions, just to be sure but also in disbelief. "

"Yeah, they do. It's just how it is. The only reason I'm not skipping grades is because my parents want me to be able to take more classes," Owen shrugs, feeling his tears come back.

"Owen...you are not a failure and from now on, you do you. You will be living with me if that is okay with you," Ku says, taking Owen and giving him a big hug.

"What about my brother..?" Owen asks, letting himself cry.

"Your brother is still young and in college. He can not take care of you. I have talked to him already...he is willing to let me take care of you," Ku answers, wiping away Owen's tears.

"It will all be okay...and you have your friends too. Remember that," Ku reminds him with a smile.

--

When everyone finally came back, Ku had them sit around him while Amy hovered near them. She didn't sit.

"Kids...long ago there were a group of mages who dedicated their lives to eliminating the Elemental Masters. Aka, you guys. Well not you guys but the Elemental Master before you lot. Anyway, they call themselves The Eliminators-" Ku gets cut off.

"The Eliminators? Are you kidding me? That's a really dumb name," Brenton rolls his eyes.

"Dude we're on the middle of circle time, you're not supposed to interrupt," Alex says with the most serious face ever.

"Pfft! Are you kidding me? I haven't had that since Kindergarten," Brenton crosses his arms.

"Will you shut the hell up? I'm trying to find out the reason how my parents attacked me," Owen lashes out.

"Sorry..." Brenton mumbles and looks down at the floor, letting his hands fall to his sides.

"Anyway...they were defeated a long time ago and their hideout was burned and in ruins. Leaving no trace of their spells or anything. But we found some spells in Alex's parents place. The spell Owen's parents' used was also one of those spells-" Ku's face grimaces at the mention of parents. "-so basically: you lot are also in danger with these guys..." Ku continues.

"Unbelievable! That's just stupid. Why try to kill your kid? Just because they're an Elemental Master? What kind of parents are they?" Brenton grumbles to himself.

"My thoughts exactly Brenton. I do not understand how parents of all people can do that..but nevertheless, I will make sure it never happens again," Ku looks over them, determination shining in his mud brown eyes.

"Now then, lets go and help Owen pack. Then we will drop each of you home to avoid you guys being attacked," Ku says, then stands up.

--

The entire way to Owen's house was silent. No one wanted to say anything in case they offended Owen in any way. Owen gathered his stuff silently as well, his friends helping but keeping talking minimal. Ku and Amy helped out as well, using their magic to turn things smaller and put them into a single box. Pretty convenient.

Then during the time of dropping everyone home, it was silent yet again. Owen had his hood up again, hiding his face from everyone.

Amy left as soon as they dropped off everyone. Claiming it was better if she went alone so that even if the enemy were to find them, it would be delayed. "Our magic energy would be a lot more noticeable if we're together...even though we cast the spell on ourselves," Amy had said. Ku agreed and gave a whole lecture every time someone left his car.

They finally reach Ku's house. He brings the box of Owen's things inside and takes both Alex and Owen upstairs to one of the empty rooms.

"Alex's room is right next door and mine is right across," Ku says and he sets the box down and opens it up.

"Place these things where you want them and once I release the spell, they will be their normal sizes," Ku explains.

Owen takes his things and places them where he wants them. Not talking and pushing the hood forward. He didn't want them to see him crying...he didn't want anyone to see this side of him.

Once he finished, Ku reversed the spell and everything popped back into their normal size. Thanking Ku and saying good night to both Alex and Ku, they both leave.

Owen changes into his pajamas and flops onto his bed, covering his eyes with his right arm. His hand still tingles, causing random shots of pain going through his entire body.

Don't want anyone to see me cry huh? I guess it's kinda too late for that...Urana's seen me cry multiple times already. Sensei's seen me cry too...that was embarrassing. But I can trust him. He's a good person, so is everyone else...man I have trust issues, Owen rambles in his brain.

There's a knock on the door and Owen says they can come in. Ku comes and sits besides Owen, who subconsciously leans closer to Ku.

"Can you please stay here until I fall asleep?" Owen whispers. "I feel...scared..."

"Of course. I will protect you."

He falls asleep from Ku gently patting his head. Then jolts awake when he has a nightmare of his parents.

"God...it was just a dream Owen.." he shakes his head, seeing Ku gone. "Stop being such a baby!" He rubs his eyes when he feels tears. Owen comes to realize that he's crying.

Looking up from his hands, the dark room makes his nerves worse. Giving up on trying to sleep, Owen steps out of his room. Taking in the new surroundings.

Sensei has a really nice place...I wonder how he gets this stuff. I can hear him writing something...

He stops in from of Sensei's door, lifting his hand up to attempt to knock. No...I can't disturb him...besides, it would be weird if I asked him to help me fall asleep again...Owen let's his hand drop to his side and turns around. And he sounds busy...

I was pretty harsh today..zI could've done better at keeping myself in check...

Owen goes towards his room again but the fear of finding his parents on the other side scares him. What is wrong with me?! Ya Allah! I just want to sleep! Looks like I won't have much of that...Owen turns his head towards Alex's door. No...that's weird too...besides, he's got his own problems.

Yet he finds himself knocking on Alex's door anyway. The door opens, making Owen infer that the door was never fully closed. He finds himself going towards Alex's bed. Looking around he sees a lot of pictures of Alex and everyone else. Most of them where of Alex and Ava. Oh those two have been friends since childhood too, Owen concludes.

Owen looks at Alex, seeing that he was asleep, the dark haired teen turns on his heel to leave. How does he sleep after going through all of that abuse? Owen thinks, feeing guilty about how he didn't notice before that something was wrong. Maybe he just got used to it...that's sad...

"Owen?"

Owen turns around and sees that Alex is up and rubbing his eyes.

"Ah! Sorry! I-I didn't mean to wake you up," Owen scratches the back of his neck sheepishly.

"No you're fi-have you been crying?" Alex instantly looks concerned.

"N-no...just, uh, allergies.." Owen lies, knowing that he wouldn't buy it.

"You've had nightmares too didn't you? I have them too. A lot when I first came here...but Sensei let me sleep in his room. Then he'd stay here until I'd fall asleep and all," Alex laughs a little. "I probably sound like a baby don't I? He looks over at Owen with a smile.

"Nah...I kinda need that myself..." Owen lets out a nervous laugh. "Sensei stayed until I fell asleep but now he's busy..."

Alex moves over, and pats the empty space next to him. "You can sleep here if you want. Then I'll have a sleepover in your room if I need it," Alex offers, yawning. "Which'll probably be tomorrow." Alex lets out another laugh.

Owen debates it in his mind. Looks that's just weird Owen...but then again...I'll probably feel better and actually get some sleep...

"Okay...only because I want some rest," Owen agrees and joins Alex. Alex throws him a smile and laughs.

"Goodnight Owen."

"Goodnight Alex."

"Sweet dreams."

"You too."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

450 107 12
You are lucky as you find the best book of your life..:) This story contains a very sensitive topic with which you'll encounter in the very first epi...
138K 3.8K 31
--- IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW---- hey there. I am in the works of creating a new and improved version of this series, starting with book one obviously. I...
51K 2.9K 28
Melrose wants peace, he wants the world to have peace, but ever since he was a child, he'd never known peace, his grandfather has wanted him and his...
137K 4.2K 61
(This book is shit... wrote it in middle school tried fixing it but I gave up. Good luck and don't take this book seriously) but it Y/n l/n a normal...