Names And Their Meanings

بواسطة Tak1997

Names and meanings list Resources: 2000names المزيد

female japanese names 1
Male japanese names 1
male japanese names
Femake Irish names
Fox Names
Female Irish names
male irish names
male irish names
irish male names
German Girl Names
German Female names
German male names
german male names
german male names
german male names
Welsh female names
welsh male names
male turkish names
Female Turkish Names
Female French Names
French Female Names
Female French Names
Male French Names 1
Male French Names
Male French Names
Celtic Male
Celtic male
Celtic female
Norse Male
Norse female
Female Nat.American
Female Nat.American
male Nat.American
male Nat.American
Russian Male Names
Russian Male Names 2
Female Russian Names
Female Russian Names 2
Thai Male Names
Thai Female Names
Female/Male Fantasy Names
Fantasy Girl Names
Fantasy Girl Names
Fantasy Male Names
Flower Names 1
Flower Names 2
Flower Names 3
Flower Names 4
Warrior Names 1
Warrior Names 2
Dreams
dragon names
Scottish Male Names
Scottish Male Names 2
Scottish Female Names
Elements
Note

secret/mystery names

2.6K 3 0
بواسطة Tak1997

Page 1 of 1

UNISEX:

DARNELL: English surname transferred to unisex forename use, composed of the Old English elements derne "hidden, secret" and halh "nook," hence "hidden/secret nook."

ICHTACA: Nahuatl unisex name meaning "secret."

RAZ (רָז): Aramaic unisex name, meaning "secret."

MALE:

AMMON (Ἄμμων): Greek form of Egyptian Yamanu, meaning "the hidden one." In mythology, Yamanu is the name of a god of wind and air. Compare with another form of Ammon.

AMOUN: Variant spelling of Greek Ammon, a form of Egyptian Yamanu, the myth name of a god of wind and air, meaning "the hidden one."

AMUN: Variant spelling of Greek Ammon, a form of Egyptian Yamanu, the myth name of a god of wind and air, meaning "the hidden one."

CASHILE: African Zulu name meaning "hidden; child of a concealed birth."

CHISISI: Egyptian name meaning "secret."

DOVEV (דּוֹבֵב): Hebrew name meaning "whisper."

GACHERU: African Kikuyu name meaning "spy."

HADES: Latin form of Greek Hadēs, meaning "unseen." In mythology, this is the name of the god of the underworld, brother of Zeus and husband of Persephone. In the New Testament bible, Hades is associated with Orcus, the realm of the dead, the infernal regions where disembodied spirits live, a dark and dismal place in the depths of the earth. Only later was Hades described as the grave, death, and hell. HADĒS (ᾍιδης): Variant spelling of Greek Haides, meaning "unseen." HAIDES (ᾍιδης): Greek name derived from the word aides, meaning "unseen." In mythology, this is the name of the god of the underworld, brother of Zeus and husband of Persephone. In the Greek bible, Haides is associated with Orcus, the realm of the dead, the infernal regions where disembodied spirits live, a dark and dismal place in the depths of the earth. Only later was Haides described as the grave, death, and hell. Also spelled Hadēs.

HALL: Middle English name meaning "to cover, conceal." Compare with another form of Hall.

HOWAHKAN: Native American Sioux name meaning "of the mysterious voice."

IMENAND: Rare form of Egyptian Yamanu, meaning "the hidden one."

ISOBA: African Soga name meaning "walks slowly, stealthily."

ISOOBA: Variant spelling of African Soga Isoba, meaning "walks slowly, stealthily."

KEME: Native American Algonquin name meaning "secret."

LOCHESH (לוֹחֵשׁ): Hebrew name meaning "whisper." In the bible, this is the name of a Babylonian exile returnee.

LOT (Λώτ): Greek form of Hebrew Lowt, meaning "covering, veil." In the bible, this is the name of a nephew of Abraham and father of Moab.

LOWT (לוֹט): Hebrew name meaning "covering, veil." In the bible, this is the name of a nephew of Abraham and father of Moab.

NICOMEDES: Latin form of Greek Nikomedes, meaning "victory-scheme."NICOMEDO: Italian form of Latin Nicomedes, meaning "victory-scheme."NIKOMEDES (Νικομήδης): Greek name composed of the elements nike "conquest, victory" and medesthai "to ponder, to scheme," hence "victory-scheme."

OEDIPUS: Latin form of Greek Oidipous, probably meaning "he who knew the Sphinx's riddle of the feet." In mythology, this is the name of a king of Thebes who unknowingly killed his father and married his mother after solving the riddle of the Sphinx.

OIDIPOUS (Οἰδίπους): Greek name composed of the elements oid "knew" and pous "feet," probably with the intended meaning "he who knew the Sphinx's riddle of the feet." In mythology, this is the name of a king of Thebes who unknowingly killed his father and married his mother after solving the riddle of the Sphinx.

PHORCYS: Latin form of Greek Phorkys, meaning "of the sea." In mythology, this is an old man ruling over the sea; later he is described as a god of the hidden dangers of the deep, a brother of Nereus, and is depicted as a kind of merman.PHORKYS (Φόρκυς): Greek name meaning "of the sea." In mythology, this is an old man ruling over the sea; later he is described as a god of the hidden dangers of the deep, a brother of Nereus, and is depicted as a kind of merman.RÚN: Icelandic form of Old Norse Rúni, meaning "secret lore."RUNE: Scandinavian form of Old Norse Rúni, meaning "secret lore."RUNI: Danish form of Old Norse Rúni, meaning "secret lore."RÚNI: Old Norse name derived form the word rún, meaning "secret lore."TSEPHANYAH (צִפַנְיָה): Hebrew name meaning "hidden by God" or "protected by God." In the bible, this is the name of several characters, including the ninth of the minor prophets. Zephaniah is the English form.TZEFANYA (צִפַנְיָה): Variant spelling of Hebrew Tsephanyah, meaning "hidden by God" or "protected by God."

VELIUS: Roman family name, meaning "concealed."

YAMANU: Egyptian myth name of a god of wind and air, meaning "the hidden one."

ZEFANIA: Variant spelling of English Zephaniah, meaning "hidden by God" or "protected by God."

ZEPH: Short form of English Zephaniah, meaning "God has hidden." ZEPHANIA: Variant spelling of English Zephaniah, meaning "hidden by God" or "protected by God."ZEPHANIAH: Anglicized form of Hebrew Tsephanyah, meaning "hidden by God" or "protected by God." In the bible, this is the name of several characters, including the ninth of the minor prophets.

FEMALE:

ABUTO: African Luo name meaning "I have hidden."ATARO: African Luo name meaning "puzzle; upside-down."CALYPSO: Latin form of Greek Kalypso, meaning "she who conceals." In mythology, this is the name of a sea nymph and daughter of Atlas.DAGRÚN: Old Norse name composed of the elements dagr "day" and rún "secret lore," hence "day-rune."DAGRUN: Norwegian form of Old Norse Dagrún, meaning "day-rune."GIZEM: Turkish name meaning "mystery."GUÐRUN: Old Norse name composed of the elements guð "God" and run "rune, secret lore," hence "divine rune." In mythology, this is the name of the wife of Sigurðr.GUDRUN: German and Scandinavian form of Old Norse Guðrun, meaning "divine rune."HEIÐRÚN: Old Norse name composed of the elements heiðr "clear, cloudless; honor" and rún "rune, secret lore," hence "true-rune." In mythology, this is the name of a goat who produced mead for the Einherjar, the spirits of warriors who died in battle.HEIDRUN: Norwegian form of Old Norse Heiðrún, meaning "true rune." HULÐ: Old Norse name derived from the word hulda, meaning "hidden, obscure, secret."HULD: Icelandic form of Old Norse Hulð, meaning "hidden, obscure, secret."HULDA: Scandinavian form of Old Norse Hulð, meaning "hidden, obscure, secret." Compare with another form of Hulda.HULTA: Finnish form of Scandinavian Hulda, meaning "hidden, obscure, secret."KALYPSO (Καλυψώ): Greek name derived from the word kalypto ("to cover, to conceal"), hence "she who conceals." In mythology, this is the name of a sea nymph and daughter of Atlas.KIMI: Native American Algonquin name meaning "secret." Compare with another form of Kimi.KRIEMHILD: German myth name of the sister of Günther and wife of Siegfried in the Nibelungenlied, composed of the Germanic elements grim "mask" and hild "battle," hence "battle mask."KRIEMHILDE: Variant spelling of German Kriemhild, meaning "battle mask."KRIMHILDE: Variant spelling of German Kriemhild, meaning "battle mask."LETA: Variant form of Latin Leto, meaning "the hidden one." Compare with another form of Leta.LÊTÔ (Λητώ): Greek name meaning "the hidden one." In mythology, this is the name of the mother of Apollo and Artemis.LETO: Latin form of Greek Lêtô, meaning "the hidden one." In mythology, this is the name of the mother of Apollo and Artemis.LOTUS: English name derived from the flower name, from Latin lotus, from Greek lotos, a name for various kinds of plants before it came to designate the Egyptian "white lotus." The Greek word may ultimately come from Hebrew lowt, meaning "covering, veil."NAJWA: Arabic name meaning "secret, whisper."ORTRUN: German name composed of the elements ort "point" and rún "rune, secret," hence "point-rune."RUNA: Feminine form of Scandinavian Rune, meaning "secret lore."SIGRÚN: Old Norse name composed of the Germanic elements sigr "victory" and rún "secret," hence "victory-secret." In mythology, this is the name of a Valkyrie.SIGRUN: Scandinavian form of Old Norse Sigrún, meaning "victory-secret."VELIA: Italian name derived from the Roman family name Velius, me

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

158K 15.2K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
66.8K 3.7K 79
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
265K 40.2K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး