Race Of His Life

By WinterFury10

"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

Chapter 5

236 18 11
By WinterFury10

"I can't believe you! You actually tried to escape??" Kristoff rolled with laughter when he heard the news from Flynn.

"You must be crazy if you thought you could escape the place with Flynn and Elsa keeping watch!" Merida grinned smugly when Jack glared at her.

"Well, excuse me for trying to escape from this hell!" Jack hissed.

"You are probably the only one who would call this place hell," Anna pointed out.

"Whatever" Jack rolled his eyes, sipping the coffee which Flynn offered.

"Well, you better eat up fast. You've still got work to do." Flynn smirked, just when Jack groaned loudly and dramatically buried his face in his arms, which caused the others to laugh. Jack looked up, looking at everyone's happy faces and felt his heart grow warm, just a bit.

"Ooh, somebody looks especially happy today..." Anna cooed. wiggling her eyebrows. 

Elsa rolled her eyes as she came and stood next to their table.

"Nothing like that. I just came to tell that Mr Moon wanted to talk to Punzie and you," she told Anna before turning to Merida. "Your mom was searching for you, telling that your brothers caused trouble again and she needs your help." Then she turned to Kristoff, "Oaken's called up and informed that our supplies are ready so please go and collect them as soon as possible. I'm sure Sven would love to run through the forest after so many days"

Rapunzel, Anna, Merida, and Kristoff groaned and sighed before they started heading in different directions. And finally, Elsa turned to Flynn, with a smirk on her face.

"I'm sure you know what your job is" she grinned, before glancing over at Jack who had an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

"Well, I don't," he bit out.

"You are gonna continue removing the broken ice, fill the rink with water and cover the place for it to freeze," she replied.

"And after that?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure you deserve a bit of rest after that, so once you finish that, you can probably look around the place or just head back to your room to rest while the water freezes over," She informed. Elsa opened her mouth to say something but then her wristwatch beeped, causing Elsa to look at it before she returned her gaze back on the two men. "Well, I've got some work to do. Good day." and she was off to who-knows-where.

"Does she always dress up and talk so formally?" Jack asked Flynn after making sure that Elsa was far enough.

"She can't help it. Elsa's always been this way. To be honest, I don't even remember the last time I heard her laugh out loud. Its difficult being in her shoes. Having to manage all of us and learning all about running this place from a very young age has changed her, though we do hope its temporary," Flynn explained.

Jack looked down with a thoughtful expression, having another argument with himself in his head.

Everyone has their situations, huh...

Wait, I can't be sympathizing with her! I need to get out of her as fast as possible and attend the race!

Soon enough, Jack left the dining hall alongside Flynn, but his eyes treacherously glanced back, stealing a glance at the secretive platinum-blonde.

But still... She is a pretty mysterious person...

.....

"Hey, Frost! I'm gonna go and get myself something to drink! You want anything?!?" Flynn yelled from the other side of the rink.

"Yeah sure!!" Jack yelled back, throwing the last chunk of ice off the rink.

The afternoon sun shone brightly right above him and Jack placed the ice-breaking-pole on the ground, sitting next to all the huge chunks of ice just outside the rink on the ground. Breathing heavily, he wiped the sweat on his forehead using his jacket which he had tied around his waist when it started becoming too hot. His gaze became unamused and relieved when he saw the thin bottom layer of ice melt under the heat. He fell backwards on the snow, sighing in content and closing his eyes when he felt his aching back finally attain rest.

"Got tired, did you?"

Jack's eyes snapped open, his head turning to the side when he heard the familiar female voice which brought a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Nope, not at all. Because cracking the ice and throwing it all over the place is so easy." He rolled his eyes.

Elsa walked over and stood next to him just as he sat up, staring at the cracked up rink in front of him.

"Haha, hilarious. I'm still surprised that you didn't use your powers to remove the ice or to at least lift the ice and throw it here" Elsa tilted her head in confusion.

"My powers are precious. I'm not gonna use them just to do this kinda stuff," he groaned.

"Wow, what an amazing excuse," Elsa rolled her eyes.

Jack glanced at her face once and found her staring at the rink as well, the sunshine falling perfectly on her platinum-blonde hair, which was pulled into its usual sophisticated bun, and on her big blue eyes. Unintentionally, he continued staring until he remembered something.

"Though I don't know why you don't use your powers to clean this rink and to make another one" he stated.

"Unlike you, I have actual reasons which are too personal," she replied, her face as emotionless as ever.

"Is that so?" He raised an eyebrow, getting further confused when he saw a sudden strike of sadness in her eyes. Elsa shook her head lightly before looking down at him again.

"Whatever. You're sweating like a pig. Here" and she held out her hand, a small white towel in her hand.

"Um, thanks?" He took the towel from her before placing it at the back of his neck to wipe the sweat, raising an eyebrow yet again. "So nice of you to show kindness towards me."

"Just because you're a prisoner doesn't mean I'm gonna let you die, Frost." Elsa rolled her eyes. She opened her mouth to tell something when her watch started beeping. "Well, I gotta go. Continue your work. See you later." And she turned away from him, walking back in the direction she came from.

Jack stood up, his eyes narrowing when he saw something hiding behind the scarf she wore around her neck. He silently followed behind, sneaking a peek at it. And when he was close enough, his eyes widened when he saw the mark on her neck.

"Is that a snowflake tattoo?" He asked out loud, expecting her to ignore him and walk away.

What he did not expect was her quickly turning around to face him, her hand shooting up to cover the left side of the nape of her neck, her calm demeanor vanishing in thin air. Jack's eyebrows rose in amusement and a smirk made its way to his lips when he saw an adorable blush appearing on her face.

"W-what?! O-of course not!"

Jack's smirk widened as he leaned closer to her. "Did the snow queen just get herself a tattoo?"

Elsa leaned back, her blush intensifying which just made Jack want to torture her more. "No, its not a tattoo!"

"Oh, really?" He drawled, leaning close to her neck as if to take a look.

Elsa jumped away from him, tightening her scarf around her neck before turning away abruptly. "I have work!" And she ran off.

Jack just continued watching her go, his smirk melting into a smile.

I gotta admit, she is kinda cute...

Suddenly slapped in the face by reality, Jack's eyes widened in shock.

I did NOT just think that!

He looked around in panic, checking if anyone is around him before he hit himself on his head.

I need to stop thinking shit like that! This is not like me!!

"Um, you okay?"

Jack jumped, startled as he spun around and met with Flynn's confused gaze.

"H-huh?" Was all he could muster.

"You started hitting yourself pretty hard so did anything happen or...." Flynn trailed off.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing happened. Just gimme my drink." He quickly grabbed one of the bottles from Flynn's hand and started gulping it down really fast.

"No wait-"

And Jack screamed as he fell in fits of cough, holding his dying throat and regretting gulping down the Sprite.

"Well," Flynn, whistled. "Rest in peace."

.....

"How exactly do you control this thing?" Jack asked, pointing at the various buttons before him.

Once he got over his coughs, thanks to a glass of water, Jack was led to the building closest to the rink, which he later found out was where the buttons controlling the rink pipes were placed. And to say he was mind blown was an understatement, seeing the number of buttons and controls just for pouring water in the rink.

"It's complicated. Took me three years to learn it completely" Flynn stated.

"Why do you even need so many controls? I mean, can't you just take a bucket, carry the water from a lake or something and pour it in here?" Jack asked.

"Are you sure you're a professional skater and racer?" Flynn asked.

"Of course I am!" Jack retorted.

"Well, then it seems like your brain has not been used for a long time" Flynn commented, earning a glare from Jack. "And to answer your question, first of all, lake water when frozen doesn't exactly look good in a rink and second of all, if you're ready to get the water from miles away, I can offer you a bucket." Flynn grinned, to which Jack muttered a 'no thank you'.

"I don't think I have the time to learn about these damned buttons so can you please release the water?" Jack asked.

"Sure thing." And the brunette started pressing various buttons which worried Jack.

"Um, are you sure that's how it's done? You look like a maniac who's trying every button he sees," Jack commented, stepping back. 

Flynn didn't reply, continuing to press the buttons when-

BOOM!!

"What the hell did you just do?" Jack asked, eyes wide in surprise and shock. Flynn was staring at his hands and at the controls, shock creeping through his veins.

"What happened?!?" Rapunzel, Anna, and Merida ran in before the former slapped her own forehead.

"How many times have I told you to not meddle with the controls?" She hissed, pulling her husband by his ear.

"Not my fault! I pressed them correctly but it still exploded!" Flynn accused, pointing at the controls.

"And he said he had learnt everything," Jack muttered to himself, watching the couple in amusement.

"Don't tell me its Eugene again." Elsa stepped in, sighing as she walked over to the controls. "What did you do this time?"

"I swear I pressed the buttons in the right order!" Flynn defended himself.

"And the speed?" She asked in a determined voice. Flynn opened his mouth, pausing as he thought over it. Elsa sighed again before turning to Jack. "What actually happened here?"

Trying to forget the last time they spoke, Jack cleared his throat before he looked her in the eye.

"After finishing the work at the rink, Flynn brought me to this building, telling that we need to fill the rink with water right now. I was too confused with the controls so I asked him if he could do it, only because he told me that he knows what to do since, apparently, he had been learning for three years. So I moved away and let him control the buttons. But he started going too fast and I backed away and well, you know the rest." Jack shrugged.

Elsa continued to stare at him, trying to figure out if he was lying, but Jack determinedly stared back at her eyes.

And while these two continued their intense staring contest, Anna and Rapunzel watched them with wide eyes, mistaking the stare to be the type where the couple is unable to get their eyes off their soulmate.

"Anna? Control yourself," Punzie whispered to the strawberry-blonde, her eyes still stuck on the pair.

"It's taking up all my energy to hold back but I'll manage. And do. Not. Fangirl," Anna whispered back.

Finally convinced that he was saying the truth, Elsa looked away, closing her eyes. Jack smirked, telling himself that he did have chances of getting his point across to her.

"Open the hatch, Flynnie," Elsa muttered.

"But the damned thing is too heavy and-"

Elsa glared at Flynn, who quickly shut his mouth and walked to the corner of the room, starting to lift up a trapdoor. He struggled, opening only a bit of it.

"Here, lemme help." Jack walked and stood opposite to Flynn, grabbing the other handle.

He heard a faint 'thanks' from Flynn but he was too busy concentrating on lifting up the heavy door. The two kept struggling and after a few seconds, they had lifted the door almost halfway up.

"How...can a damned d-door...be so heavy!?!" Jack hissed, using all his strength to lift it up.

"Never knew...never cared..." Flynn replied, sweating profusely as he continued tugging it up.

"Oh get over it already!" Anna growled, walking over to them.

She grabbed the door with one hand and swung open it with so much force that the door crashed on the floor in a loud bang. Jack and Flynn, who had quickly retreated their hands to cover their ears when the door went flying, just stared at Anna who didn't even seem to break a sweat.

"W-whoa..." Jack whispered, his eyes still wide in shock and awe.

"That's our Anna for you," Rapunzel smirked.

"Good job Anna" Elsa smiled, placing a hand on her sister's shoulder.

Anna smiled back confidently, grabbing a ladder from nearby and lowering it in the passageway.

"Its gonna take some time for me to fix it so you guys can go back," Elsa informed before she vanished down the passage.

"Sure!" Merida replied before she marched out.

"Be back soon!" Anna called out, her voice echoing in the passage.

"Where exactly is she going?" Jack asked, still staring at the hole.

"To fix the pipes from below, obviously." Merida rolled her eyes. She opened the door of the cabin and left.

"But why her? Why can't anyone else go to fix the pipes?" Jack asked.

"'Cause there's no one else who knows this place better than Elsa and Mr Moon. And besides, since this rink was created by our grandmother who had ice powers, the pipes are made of ice very similar to Elsa's." Anna explained.

"Trust me, the place is freakin cold!" Flynn exaggerated, still sitting on the floor.

"Seriously?" Jack continued staring at the hole.

"Yeah, it goes all the way down and the first time I set foot on the floor, I almost froz- woah!" Flynn stumbled, losing his balance as he tried standing up but ended up crashing into Jack, who slipped and fell down the hole.

"Eugene!" Rapunzel called out just as Anna caught Flynn before he fell down the hole, but Jack was already heard falling down the pit.

"Well, that just happened," Flynn commented, still staring at the hole as Anna and Punzie continued gaping at the hole.

"Jack and Elsa are down the passage," Anna whispered so that only Punzie could hear her, though she was still staring at the hole.

"All alone," Punzie continued.

"Where there's less space."

"And less light."

"And he might come out if we're not fast enough," Anna realised. The girls gasped before they rushed to the door and shut the hole, grinning evilly while Flynn just stared at the two in confusion.

"Jack and Elsa are still down there, you know?" Flynn pointed out.

"Which is exactly why we closed the door." Rapunzel and Anna smirked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 3K 41
Elsa Winters could be easily described as perfect. She has a great family, awesome friends, a secured future, beautiful looks, and above it all, she...
47.8K 2K 42
(Highest Rank: #38 in Fanfiction #2 in Jelsaalltheway #1 Jelsainhighschool) ((Hey gu...
66.6K 2.8K 31
Jack Frost was a insider, he doesnt have a family and lives in his mansion alone with his servants He lost his family when he was only 8 in a terrib...
340K 10.4K 25
CURRENT WIP: REWRITE/EDIT OF ENTIRE BOOK! *5/20 chapters edited* - Meet Elsa Arendelle. She's one of the most popular girls in her high school, Ever...