Until Death Do Us Part {KHR}

By randomcitizen_58

In a world where summons and humans make contracts with one another, not many humans had the gift. The gift w... More

Target 0: Warnings - Please Read!
Target 1 - Prologue
Target 2 - Raven
Target 3 - Chains
Target 4 - Questions
Target 5 - Tsunayoshi
Target 6 - First Impressions
Target 7 - Arena
Target 8 - Lal Mirch
Target 9 - The Immortal Skull
Target 10 - Breakfast
Target 11 - Unexpected
Target 13 - Confidential
Target 14 - Letters
Target 15 - Preparing
Target 16 - True Motives
Target 17 - Shopping
Target 18 - Melbourn
Target 19 - What Happened?
Target 20 - Ready, Set...
Target 21 - The Airport
Target 22 - The Flight
Target 23 - Morning
Target 24 - The Ballroom
Target 25 - The Ties Which Hold Us
Target 26 - Day Two
Target 27 - A Day Out
Target 28 - The Dinner
Target 29 - Three's a Crowd
Target 30 - The Ceremony
Target 31 - He Knows
Target 32 - Storm
Target 33 - Sun
Target 34 - Gentle Rain
Target 35 - Cloud
Target 36 - Lightning
Not-So-New Year's Omake Special
Target 37 - Mist
Target 38 - Chaotic Rain
Target 39 - The Meet-Up
Target 40 - Kawahira Pt. 1
Target 41 - Kawahira Pt. 2
Target 42 - What to do, What to do...
Target 43 - Hot, Hot, Hot!
Target 44 - Encounter
!Message Wall!

Target 12 - Are You Okay?

4.8K 205 57
By randomcitizen_58

"Chaos," the deep voice greeted, his cold tone making the bullies shiver in fear. The generic, black barrel of his gun was pointed directly at the three who were now quaking in their boots. Two black pebbles travelled over to gaze at the brunette. "Are you okay, Tsuna?"

The Sawada nodded, a small smile marring his already doll-like, feminine features. Reborn's eyes turned back to the group, expression still stoic. "Ah, I remember you," Reborn commented, a smug smirk covering his features as he looked at the bird-like summon.

Remembering the incident from those weeks ago, the creature cowered away from the raven in fright. "So it was you who scared our summons away?" The ringleader asked.

His snarling face was the thing many children had nightmares of, his already make features twisting painfully to create a front of something only a mother could love. The boys' dark emerald and pale blue eyes respectively darted across their ring leader's face in an inquiry.

You could practically see the cogs turning in his head as he thought before they clicked into a smooth rhythm of effortless turning- soundless.

A hideous grin covered his features as he looked intently at the humanoid summon in front of him, apparently forgetting that said summon was one twitch away from firing a bullet through his thick skull.

Tsuna flinched at the grin, remembering the many instances where he had seen that very same one before he had been beaten by either the terrorisers, their contracted summons or both simultaneously.

The areas where the injuries had been inflicted on in the past still stung and ached, even by the mere thought of them. Gashes, cuts, bruises, broken bones, fractures and even the times when they had spilled alcohol on his wounds to make them burn.

He remembered them all very well, like everything else he had read or saw in his lifetime. The countless doctor's visits, appointments and check-ups, physiotherapy, etc. which he had endured through the years of attending the academy.

He had even made friends with all of the doctors, nurses and healer type summons at the hospital because of his frequent visits!

It wasn't long before he had snapped out of his daze, just as he had heard the one question which he hoped Reborn would either laugh at, scowl at or deny completely. Hope; the only thing he had which was indeed his.

"How about you make a contract with me? I'm a much more experienced Masuta than dame-Tsuna will ever be!" He bargained, smirking cockily as if he had already won this deal over. The raven's fedora cast a shadow over his eyes, only his frown and nose visible.

His eyes snapped open, mysteriously glowing through the overshadow even though they were bottomless pits. "What did you call him?" Reborn asked, slowly pronouncing each word and talking slowly to the three.

The air chilled exponentially; no doubt caused by the ravenette's melbourn, pulsating in a rage-filled rhythm of venomous melodies.

It was as if they had travelled from their location to a colder, much more hostile area of the planet. The two lackeys could swear that icicles and frost would begin to form right at that moment, ensnaring them for an uncertain amount of time.

No one could predict his next move, and no one moved. Well, except for Tsunayoshi who had already made a move to walk towards the raven. "It's okay, Renato. I'm too used to this for it to hurt anymore," he whispered.

The attempt to comfort the ravenette only backfired, the small statement at the end only adding more fuel to the burning pit of raging flames. For the sake of the brunette next to him, the man tried to calm himself.

If he were any angrier, then things would be quite... undesirable.

There were many things which he had not told the brunette yet- waiting for the time he knew that the Sawada would not run nor scream in fear, or look at him with a hunger for power (which he doubted would ever happen anyway).

He huffed, shooting off the loaded bullet so that he wouldn't "accidentally" shoot someone else. Accidentally.

The summons cowered at the indirect show of power, making their summoners scowl at them in distaste. It was not uncommon for low-class Nerilians to be afraid of higher classes, similarly to high middle-class summons were fearful of high-class ones.

High-class summons were afraid of the Arcobaleno and the Mares. Although, the Mares have not made any movements in years. "Follow us, and you're dead," the raven told them, grabbing the brunette's arm and scurrying off from the scene.

They lost the group of six once they entered the forest, a winding labyrinth of trees and foliage which Reborn was intimately familiar with.

Although the forest was vast, almost unimaginably so, it was easy to remember the correct pathways when you have lived amongst the foliage and wildlife for as long as Reborn has.

Considering that Nerilians had an extraordinary lifespan, being able to out-live humans 100 times over, one could assume that he had lived in the forest for thousands, even tens of thousands of years.

It was not long before they had been airborne, flying through the air with ease. There were many things that Tsunayoshi had noticed this time around- for example, the gorgeous city a couple of miles away from the edge of the forest, where greenery dispersed softly to create a beautiful blend from nature to civilisation.

A truly magnificent sight to see, where a city lay next to wildlife no matter how busy nor populated it was.

He had wondered for a moment what the city would look like in a different light; when the skies were painted with fuschia, plum, gold and tiger orange, with vermillion blends mixed within the warm palette.

He wondered how the tall skyscrapers and dainty buildings would look; would they reflect the golds and oranges from their crystalline windows? Or would the only fuse to create an entirely new shade, one which the human eye has not had the pleasure to view?

He wondered if the shadows would be a bewitching blue or hypnotising violet, perhaps a stunning concoction of both?

Would the sunset parallel to the city, or at an angle where all of the shadows would be placed within the background while the glow of the sundown painted the foreground, an imposing tone in mind?

Would the greenery appear to be emphasised with gold, accentuating the succulent, olive colouration? Or would the shadows underline the emerald hue with their violet tint?

A spike of fear struck at his heart as he began to imagine the sensational scene, overcome with worry by the simple fact that he may not be able to convey the spectacular landscape with the colours he owned, and the skills he currently possessed.

Even if he did manage to paint the marvellous depiction in his mind from mere memory and thought, he would not be able to hang it up anywhere in his meagre dormitory- not if his terrorizers had anything to say about it.

They had already managed to break into his dormitory on numerous occasions in the past, and he could not report it to any teachers nor the authorities;- the commotion would bring too much attention, as the three would go to court for vandalism. If there was no evidence, then he would bring shame upon the Sawada family.

He was sure that his elder brother, Giotto, and his biological father, Iemitsu, would have something to say about that. They would skin him alive, for sure!

They would sell all of his belongings, especially the equipment he used to draw and paint with;- those brushes, alcohol markers, fine liners and canvases cost quite a pretty penny. His artwork would skyrocket in cost after he died, as pieces of art usually did after the said artist had deceased.

That is if they did not decide to keep the artwork for themselves and claim someone else as the rightful artist.

He would just have to store those thoughts and that scenery for another time, in the far future when the shackles which his family have forced upon his delicate wrists would shatter into millions of shards. When they did, he would store the remains inside a jar to remind him of his final escape.

A time when he would leave the unbreakable chains in his wake as he walked along a path paved with grey bricks, lined with fresh grass and vibrant flowers; when he would be able to roam freely, have friendships which were not monitored and not be afraid of anything else.

A time which he only fantasised about in his most wondrous dreams, and one which unfortunately slipped through his delicate fingers in his deepest, darkest nightmares.

It was only when he felt the soft feathers transform into a tailored suit underneath his fingertips, did he finally wake from his wicked thoughts. "Ah, sorry," he apologised hurriedly, feeling the toe of his sneaker touch the ground.

He lowered himself and slowly untied his hands from the suit jacket, where he had previously clinched the fabric between his fingers. An embarrassed blush covered his cheeks as he realised how he had gripped the man, his subconsciousness seeking warmth and acceptance from other sources.

"Are you okay?" Reborn asked, looking at the brunette from the corner of his eye. Although his facial expression nor tone revealed any sort of emotion but a stoic mask and bleak features, the marbles which gave him sight confessed everything.

'The eyes are the window to the soul,' many people would quote, and it could not be any closer to the truth.

Those unending pits exposed the worry swirling inside of the man, perhaps more than he had realised. Although they showed concern, they reflected the uncertainty he felt as well.

Uncertainty of what? The brunette did not quite know. Was it the uncertainty of how to comfort someone broken beyond recognition? The risk of his own emotions? Uncertainty of how to react to someone displaying negative emotions?

The Sawada was feeling quite uncertain himself. Unwilling to lie by saying that he was 'just fine', or to break down in front of the raven-haired man, he took a deep breath.

Tsuna turned away, walking towards the large house in which the seven summons resided. His steps, although forward and quite direct, were anything but confident. Reborn had picked up on it quite quickly, grasping the younger male's forearm before he could take another step.

His heart broke.

The desperate, depressing look which twirled inside of the honey brown orbs like a whirlpool of anguish and hopelessness had begun to chip away at the raven's heart.

It was not like he had not seen it once before; a long time ago in one of his previous summoners who had taken their life because of severe depression, however, it was different this time. That summoner hundreds of years ago had only been an ally during a time when war had been waged in the Gia plane.

They had taken their lives after all of their loved one's had died in a dangerous bombing. Reborn, although grieved for the loss of his summoner, did not have an emotional or personal connection with them.

He had not trusted them the way he trusted Tsunayoshi, with the little things like his connected or his past, his second form and his likes. His dislikes, his personality, all of those small, insignificant things had all been entrusted to the brunette.

That summoner from years ago had been entrusted with his life, but so had every other summoner he has ever had. Never has he trusted anyone else with the insignificant things.

Those things, they meant the absolute world to Reborn; they were people's personalities, their hobbies, their dreams, their identities. In retrospect, they were not as insignificant as everyone believes them to be.

This was different. If the last person he saw with those... evil eyes had taken their own life, then who was to say that the Sawada would not do the same? Reborn didn't think he would be able to take that as well as he had taken all of the other deaths in his past.

He had gotten too emotionally attached to the brunette- he probably should not have in the first place -and he had given Tsunayoshi too much time not to be personally attached as well.

Without any warning, he pulled the boy back into his arms, encasing him in warmth.

Tsuna's body jolted backwards, his face meeting the raven's chest. The impact made him flinch, but he soon forgot about that when he had realised that an unfamiliar warmth surrounded him; he was being hugged.

It was such a weird thought. The average person probably had gotten at least one hug in their lifetime, probably many willing and unwilling ones from friends and family.

The brunette could faintly remember the last time he was hugged- although he had a photographic memory, he had begun to consciously forget or hide ones which involved his family from his far gone youth.

There were hugs he received from his older brother, ones from his mother and the occasional hug or two from his father every once in a while. There was also the time when he had been surprise-hugged by the entire Varia (Xanxus included) for his birthday one time.

Then there were the hugs from Dino, who had showered the brunette with affection since he was young until now.

This hug, however, was different; it was like comparing a peach (the random hugs he had gotten from family) to a chocolate bar (the hug he was receiving now).

Unlike the loving hugs he had earned previously, this one was much more comforting and warm. The boy could feel it; the suddenly erratic breathing of the older male, the soothing feeling of someone caring for his well-being and empathy which meddled with both Reborn's and his melbourn.

His melbourn. It sizzled and crackled, the static straightening out to form a misty, cloud-like form instead, which was the usual texture for melbourn, unlike the sharp, sliced and almost pixelated style it was.

Sadly, it was gone as fast as it had disappeared, and the horrendous static quickly returned.

"Whenever you feel sad, upset, uncomfortable or even the slightest bit threatened by anything, tell me. Please, just please tell me. I don't care if I'm sleeping, in a bad mood, not with you or even half way across the god damn universe, just please don't hesitate to call me when you need me."

"I'll always be there for you... You don't need to lie to me or be scared to worry me because that's just fucking stupid, but please just turn to me when you need anything," the raven begged, his hold on the smaller male tightening.

"Please..." The older pleaded, not releasing his grip. Tsuna found it hard to believe that the raven who had threatened three Nerilians and three humans with a gun, was the same raven who was pleading for the brunette to depend on him in times of need.

Was this really the same person? Once again, the Sawada has learned that the behaviour of someone depends on a myriad of variables.

Circumstances and context play a tremendous role in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't you agree?

Tsuna sniffled, eyes welling with tears. He could not recall the last time someone had offered their support and comfort whenever the fragile brunette needed it; at least not to the extent that the raven did.

Finally finding the courage to wrap his arms around Reborn, the Sawada had begun to sob into the taller male's chest. "I will! I will, I promise!" He wailed.

The strongest of people always have the most fragile of hearts. And, sometimes, those people had to find their sources of courage in the people who offer them more than anyone else has ever offered.

--={&}=--

I think I inadvertently caused myself and all of you to have minor depression because of the second half of this chapter 😅😅

Oh well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Tsuna will find happiness (eventually) I promise!

On another note, how are you guys today? I thought it'd be nice to ask you- yes, you, dear reader :) Everyone deserves happiness.

Please make sure you're friends know that you'll always be there for them, no matter what.

On another completely unrelated note, my friend said that she and her online trans partner are in an open relationship and she said it's called a polyamorous relationship, so I'm just here like ?????

No it's not????? Like, do you not do your research??????? She won't even let me explain when I try to correct her like LET ME HELP YOU GOD DAMN

Anyway gheyz, see you later :)

-Bell

P.S. OMG U GUYS THERE'S A NEW SERIES ON YOUTUBE RED COMING OUT ABOUT BTS CALLED "BTS: Burn The Stage" BUT I DON'T HAVE YOUTUBE RED;-;

Here's a Kookie to help u through the day ma boiz

Edited: 14-10-2018

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.5K 70
All it took was a plane crash, and Kise Ryota was no more. Strangely enough, he didn't feel sadness, only regret. Regret for not checking his engine...
208 6 5
The Guardians of Vongola Decimo have never expected something big like this nor does everyone around the Sawada Family. An unexpected appearance, whe...
138K 4.1K 31
They had it. They couldn't stand to see their Sky suffer any longer. It's time to take action. It's time to let these losers see how great their Sky...
568K 35.3K 127
『 Dying of Asphyxiation was seriously not my goal in life. 』 Neither was meeting a Governor of the Afterlife and getting sent to another world for a...